Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Serebii.net Pokéarth - Release Discussion Thread

Default Great

Pokearth is great... except it would be better for people who have completed the game and the pokedex. its totally useless to me but im sure people will find it very useful. i think if i had pokearth when i was playing diamond i would have completed it in about half the time
    REMEMBER TO CHECK OUT THE POKEMANIA LEGENDS FORUMS HERE

Quote Originally Posted by regigigas5000 View Post
    Pokearth is great... except it would be better for people who have completed the game and the pokedex. its totally useless to me but im sure people will find it very useful. i think if i had pokearth when i was playing diamond i would have completed it in about half the time
    I dont think it´d be just used for this
    For example, I´m EV training my Scizor
    And I wanted to see where would be good
    I know that Seel and Dewgong gives me Sp.Def, so went there to their area
    And saw the percentages they appear, their levels and the trainers that have other pokés that give Sp.Def as well
    So, it´s not til the Hall Of Fame or even completing the dex

I think it´s a useful tool for everyone
    =D
    Trainer Name: RODRIGO Friend Code: 2794 4650 5324
    Brawl Code: 2106 0489 6027
    MOD at Anti-cloning club =D Join us for that cause, and say I´ve invited at your signup post.

Love The Pokearth, Nice Map Spirts Aswell

Water Friend Safari: Octillery, Frogadier, Gyarados
    1392-4901-0472

[IMG]http://i39.*******.com/28whrmc.jpg[/IMG]

i found a mistake in the crystal bug-catching roster. you listed weedle twice. i think the second time, the one with the smaller percentage, is suppose to be beedrill.
    --- Gen V has taken over!! ---

Black FC: 4212 3334 5101 >> name: Gray -- team:

White FC: 4169 5063 3363 >> name: Scarlet -- team:

^..... Casual battles and trades are welcomed.

Quote Originally Posted by WolvesareFunny View Post
    Umm Shining mew why would you hand infractions out over something that ridicoulus? also i agree with you about this thread being about serebii's project!
    Because its offtopic. And pointless. And spammy.

Sounds like infraction-able posts to me!
    My TSVs are 1021 and 1558

If you have a matching egg, I will gladly hatch it for you! Please send me a PM with your FC, IGN, timezone/availability, and if you want a nickname.

I am looking for people to hatch the following eggs for me:

2895, 2653, 1622, 3548, 3208, 0848, 2682, 2844, 2955

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Mew View Post
    Because its offtopic. And pointless. And spammy.

Sounds like infraction-able posts to me!
    Really huh?
    lucario banner was okayed in signature rules and was deleted cuz some admin was mean and it's by DarkPrince.

my freind code for pokemon black is 1635 3473 3428

credit
    artist is sarahdee im not going to link to artists profile from here if mods want the link pm me
    btw i own the doberman character

pokearth (don't know how to do accents on a mac, sorry) is really awesome. Thanks to all the staff who worked on it, cuz it's totally paying off now. maps just make life better for everybody
    "For those about to rock, we salute you"

>

I like to never use the same pokemon to complete more than one different game (except starters in remakes)

Thanks to Gladeshadow for the awesome trainer card.

4 generations is quite enough. I will continue to enjoy pokemon, but only as it was pre-gen V.

Quote Originally Posted by kabutopsfromhell View Post
    pokearth (don't know how to do accents on a mac, sorry) is really awesome. Thanks to all the staff who worked on it, cuz it's totally paying off now. maps just make life better for everybody
    Agreed on that point!
    lucario banner was okayed in signature rules and was deleted cuz some admin was mean and it's by DarkPrince.

my freind code for pokemon black is 1635 3473 3428

credit
    artist is sarahdee im not going to link to artists profile from here if mods want the link pm me
    btw i own the doberman character

I just had one glimpse at it; looks great! Certainly going to peruse the section soon. But I've noticed one mistake. On Route 215, where you're supposed to fight Ace Trainer Dennis, he has a Monferno, not a Prinplup. I would post the evidence (eh, ) but this laptop is not running so smoothly now, maybe I'll do it later.

EDIT:

meh.
    Last edited by arceus03; 6th December 2008 at 2:37 PM.

One thing that kinda bothers me about Pokearth is how poorly the overworld map is drawn. The only thing that actually looks pleasant is the Sinnoh map, simply because its unedited.
    A green square does not mean its a cave, it just means its a place that's not a city that you can fly to.

Here's my version of a D/P styled Kanto I made a long time ago:

There's one mistake in that, and that is that Rock Tunnel and Mt.Moon should have a green mark, just like Sinnoh has green marks at caves you can fly to. To explain it better, in D/P/P you can't fly to any random place like Spear Pillar or Ravaged Path, but you can fly to Pal Park and Victory Road. And in FR/LG you can't fly to Seafoam Islands, but you can fly to Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel. Really, just get a better spriter to do the maps.
    Last edited by Chaos Rush; 5th December 2008 at 7:22 PM.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

Quote Originally Posted by Shining Mew View Post
    Stop bickering over the damn map. Im gunna start handing out infractions, this is just plain stupid.

Since after all, you know, this thread is about the actual project.
    So yeah
    This should be useful for EVing and whatnot.
    "I remember the Zombie Wars back in '76. Back then, we didn't have all these fancy peashooters and jalapenos. All we had was guts. Guts and a spoon."

it's not so much an error, but in the alima region, maybe you could put whether a pokemon will appear only once or will appear every time. it got a little confusing.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

Just browsed through PokeEarth and found several errors. This is the right place isn't it?

1) Ponyta is not found in the Mount Ember interiors. Should be Machop instead.

2) Marill is found while surfing on Four Island in LeafGreen, not Wooper.

3) Wooper is found in the Icefall Cave while surfing in FireRed, not Marill.

4) The wild pokemon in the grass at Memorial Pillar is the same as those in the Five Isle Meadow. (Hoppip, Meowth, Persian, Sentret, Pidgey, Pidgeotto and Psyduck/Slowpoke)

5) In Crystal only two Super Nerds can be found at Mt Mortar. One had a Seadra and the other a Slowpoke, both had a HM move each.

6) The Sr. and Jr. on Route 125 have a Swablu, not an Altaria.

If I find anymore errors I'll post them here.
    Twins with Sonic Boom

For Black Belt Davon on D/P Route 228, it says that in the VS Seeker rematch, he has a lvl 90 Hariyama. I haven't played D/P in a while, but I am assuming it should be lvl 59 or lvl 60 maybe?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post
    One thing that kinda bothers me about Pokearth is how poorly the overworld map is drawn. The only thing that actually looks pleasant is the Sinnoh map, simply because its unedited.
    A green square does not mean its a cave, it just means its a place that's not a city that you can fly to.

~snip image~
    There's one mistake in that, and that is that Rock Tunnel and Mt.Moon should have a green mark, just like Sinnoh has green marks at caves you can fly to. To explain it better, in D/P/P you can't fly to any random place like Spear Pillar or Ravaged Path, but you can fly to Pal Park and Victory Road. And in FR/LG you can't fly to Seafoam Islands, but you can fly to Mt. Moon and Rock Tunnel. Really, just get a better spriter to do the maps.
    Well Rock tunnel and Mt.Moon are green so idk what you're talking about and second not to sound snobby about my work but the way you proportioned the cities on the map is just down right ugly. I slightly messed up the shading in the higher left hand side of johto but I didn't realise at the time how the map would be connected to Orre. You have to realise there were two styles used here not just one. As for the way I shaded the water I was thinking of johto and kanto as a whole and not separately. So thats why it's not neatly in a circle like yours.
    As for the seafoam Island deal Joesph wanted me to mark all extra areas regardless of whether you could fly to them or not. So I just followed what he asked me to do.
    Last edited by Skiks; 7th December 2008 at 12:15 AM.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

Well congratulations Serebii on a very great project, and I hope that everyone here uses it in good health, as my grandfather used to say. Just a quick question though. Why for the maps in R/B/Y/G/S/C it shows where and what the item it, but in FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Pt it tells you what items are there but it doesn't show on the map where they are?
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Well congratulations Serebii on a very great project, and I hope that everyone here uses it in good health, as my grandfather used to say. Just a quick question though. Why for the maps in R/B/Y/G/S/C it shows where and what the item it, but in FR/LG/R/S/E/D/P/Pt it tells you what items are there but it doesn't show on the map where they are?
    Different extraction methods

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Rush View Post

Actually, red means city while the rest is green.

Quote Originally Posted by pkmnhippy View Post
    Actually, red means city while the rest is green.
    No he's right. Cities in red have gyms. Cities without gyms are blue. Extra areas are green.

Twin: PhQnix Bishie: Kurapica Cartoon Bishie: Freakazoid Pair: Leona

Samba Dinos don't need context.
    Xanga |Last FM

I found and error. In Pyrite Town it says Chase Labet has a Level 17 Salamence. I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

In Lost Cave, there is a missing trainer. It was a Psychic with maybe three Natu's in the high forties, but I wasn't paying much attention to the pokemon, or the name, so I will try and verify this...... sorry =(

For the Tanoby Ruins, the Super Rod section for LeafGreen is missing 1%, which will most likely be Slowpoke.

In the B1F of Icefall Cave, Swinub is supposed to be there instead of Piloswine.
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 12th December 2008 at 1:06 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

Porygon in Platinum is given out at LV25, not LV20.

In Emerald's Route 110, Gulpin has only a Minimum level, and not a Maximum level, as all the others do.....
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

In Ruby/Sapphire's Route 110, if I remember correctly, PokéFan Isabel has a Plusle and a Minun, not a Plusle and a Butterfree......
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092

There's still a problem with the water routes displaying land, instead of dark blue water, like on Hoenn's map in Gen III.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgeckledorf Spoongeblorb View Post
    [School's] a nice place to fap in public and not get caught.

Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast