Thread: Does anyone here ship Alain and Ash? (DragonFireShipping?)

Red face Does anyone here ship Alain and Ash? (DragonFireShipping?)

I recently started getting into Pokémon again and I just finished watching that....disappointing match (I'm still salty about it, but it was still good.) I started shipping Alain and Ash because of some maybe terrible subs in episode 37. idk, its just the way Alain was talking about way he liked the look in Ash's eyes or something. I know what he meant, but the way the subs were written, it sounded a lot gayer than probably intended.

And in every subtitled version of this episode I watch, around the 14:30 mark, he says something along the lines of "I'm obsessed with you" or "that's why I'm so obsessed with you". Like, who translating this? Is this legit, or does he actually say that? At first I thought he was saying he admired Ash and it was just mistranslated, but the more different subbed versions of this ep I watch, the more confused I get.

Though that is what really started this ship for me (slightly ashamed of myself), but then seeing little things like him smiling because of Ash and being able to be carefree for just a moment because of him just made my poor dark heart giddy on the inside. Its cute. :3

Though the more I look around, the more I realize that I'm probably the only one here who ships it. Which I can understand, since most of yall ship Ash and Serena. I ship it as well.

But I couldn't help but fall in love with this pair too. <3
    Last edited by Button Fox; 19th August 2016 at 7:49 AM.

alain is really hot. like seriously wow. whether ash deserves such a man is debatable, but its kinda cute so ill support it <3
    Part of the 2k16 Underwater Salt Squad. Be warned, I am saltier than an ocean, and I am triggered far beyond the realms of what any mere mortal can reach. ◕﹏◕

I Ship Ash and Clemont...they sleep in the same tent every night :P
    and it'd be cuter for the nerd to get Ash instead of the power freak
    stay gold

Omg, I can totally see a love triangle between Ash, Clemont and Alain. The tension, the drama, the emotions! All stuff we didn't get with the last episode. I can totally see this ship being plausible though, I mean, I'll ship it (Althought my current Ash OTP sort of stops me)
    So am I the only one that actually adores Ash-Greninja? I may also be slightly miffed at the lack of fanfiction for Ash and Ash's Greninja and the friendship they share ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by kanrasan View Post
    alain is really hot. like seriously wow. whether ash deserves such a man is debatable, but its kinda cute so ill support it <3

Alain is kinda hot, his design looks like it should've been for the main character of a different anime. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Button Fox View Post
    Alain is kinda hot, his design looks like it should've been for the main character of a different anime. XD
    he somewhat reminds me of yato from noragami (except yato is hotter. sorry <3)
    Part of the 2k16 Underwater Salt Squad. Be warned, I am saltier than an ocean, and I am triggered far beyond the realms of what any mere mortal can reach. ◕﹏◕

You know, I'm kind of confused about the ship name for these two. I'm hearing some people refer to it as DragonFireShipping, but I'm also hearing people refer to it as MegaBondShipping? Which one is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Button Fox View Post
    You know, I'm kind of confused about the ship name for these two. I'm hearing some people refer to it as DragonFireShipping, but I'm also hearing people refer to it as MegaBondShipping? Which one is it?
    it's neither

CharizarditeShipping is Alain & Ash

DragonfireShipping is Drayden & Flannery.

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    it's neither

Oh well, I guess its been hijacked then. ^_^'

Quote Originally Posted by Luthor View Post
    it's neither

That's a silly term for it... who thought of that?!
    stay gold

Quote Originally Posted by lemoncatpower View Post
    That's a silly term for it... who thought of that?!

Idk, it does sound odd. I'd rather the name be MegaBondShipping if it can't be DragonFire.

Petition to change the name: Say I

Well, I'm on the fence with this pairing. I do like it, find it funny how obsessed he is with Ash LOL. The episode talkback threads don't help, people keep poking fun at Alain's love obsession for AshXD Doesn't help that I currently want to punch Alain in the stomach for what he did in today's episode.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    Well, I'm on the fence with this pairing. I do like it, find it funny how obsessed he is with Ash LOL. The episode talkback threads don't help, people keep poking fun at Alain's love obsession for AshXD Doesn't help that I currently want to punch Alain in the stomach for what he did in today's episode.
    Alain clearly does care about Ash, but he has faults. I would've like it if he had at least tried to go against Lysandre in today's ep.

Guess we all know who's on top in this relationship

i can only imagine what the fan art will be like right now.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueDragonfangirl View Post
    i can only imagine what the fan art will be like right now.
    Fan-art? bruh there's barely any fanart for this ship, or fan content in general. Just fans shipping them

Not gonna lie, this ship is exactly what I thought after watching episode 37. Seriously, it felt like Alain was in a perpetual state of Orgasm from battling and looking at Ash. Also curious about what was the first Yaoi Pokemon ship. Ash X Gary? Or Ash X Brock?

So today's ep pretty much confirmed that Alain is now on Ash's side. Can we talk about how Alain was on the platform with Lysandre and then when Ash nearly collapsed, he was suddenly there to catch him? How he do it?