View Poll Results: Which Ash/Satoshi shipping(s)?

Voters
296. You may not vote on this poll
  • AdvanceShipping (Ash x May)

    36 12.16%
  • AmourShipping (Ash x Serena)

    232 78.38%
  • ComaShipping (Ash x Paul)

    13 4.39%
  • NegaiShipping (Ash x Iris)

    8 2.70%
  • PalletShipping (Ash x Gary)

    13 4.39%
  • PearlShipping (Ash x Dawn)

    52 17.57%
  • PokeShipping (Ash x Misty)

    45 15.20%
  • Ash x Male Traveling Companions (Brock, Cilan, Clemont, etc.)

    16 5.41%
  • Ash x Side Characters/Movie Characters/CoTD (Melody, Anabel, Angie, etc.)

    22 7.43%
  • Ash x Pokemon (Pikachu, Bayleef, Latias, etc.)

    17 5.74%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 89

Thread: Ash/Satoshi Shipping Poll

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27

    Default Ash/Satoshi Shipping Poll

    Today marks exactly two months since our last Ash shipping poll.

    Anyway...

    We have many Ash shippings, and many fans for each shipping, in this poll, we gonna see which shipping is the most popular.

    DON'T BASH ANY SHIPPING!
    Last edited by Deoxyribonucleotides; 16th January 2015 at 8:15 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    In a dream world
    Posts
    5,125

    Default

    I voted for all the Ashxmain girl shippings, AshxPaul, and AshxPikachu. I like the character interactions between Ash and all the female leads, and each interaction is different from the next imo.
    I voted for Ash and Paul since opposites attract and they're as opposite of each other as they can get.
    I voted AshxPikachu because I feel that it's the only ship that is canon and where both sides return their feelings imo.

    Dawn Fanclub ~Credit goes to Cresselia92~ N Fanclub

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    South Korea
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Not certain since honestly stopped after advance generation. Ash and misty just felt like the right choice to me.
    100 pts.

    All userbars created by the one and only FairyWitch
    Gym badge created by Azulart

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    The Old Dominion, USA
    Posts
    147

    Cool

    I voted on amourshipping, of course!
    and Ashxmale traveling companion(clemont) The opening made that happen:

  5. #5
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    56,350

    Default

    My answer hasn't changed: I'm still only interested in PokeShipping and AmourShipping as far as Ash ships go. I think both pairings have a lot going for them in terms of shipping hints, although I personally don't expect them to really go anywhere; to me they're simply cute ships.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Frankfort, KY
    Posts
    5

    Default

    I voted for AmourShipping. It's one of the few Ash shippings that makes sense and has the most chance of going canon.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    331

    Default

    I support several pairings involving Ash, such as Amour, Coma, and Baseball but my all time favorite ship with him is definitely Pearl.

    Pearl is that ship that looks right and it feels right to me too. It's the ship that got me into shipping, tbh. I love everything about it. Ash and Dawn were always so close to each other, much closer then Ash was with his other female companions. I love how Ash and Dawn always supported each other. Heck, Dawn even wore a cheerleading outfit for some of his gym battles.

    There are plenty of reasons why I love Pearlshipping though.

    Tumblr | Crazed Agencyshipper ❤️ Pearlshipper | Author's Profile

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Shanghai, China
    Posts
    4

    Default

    My favorite is AmourShipping. In fact, I'm a little addicted for it, because in the beginning I had no expectations for this ship, and then I want more, and more, and more... and now I feel kind of weird without a monthly dosage of AmourShipping hints from the show.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laverre City
    Posts
    4,291

    Default

    very clear to me its amourshipping because of the childhood thingy being revealed, but pearlshipping is another option for me coming in second cause i got to support it before amour came to life
    Well done and unexpectedly, Kumiko and Shuichi gets together at the end of the novel. Childhood friends are really trends huh

    They're the same
        Spoiler:- nothing here:

    There's nothing to see here

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    341

    Default

    I am not the biggest shipping fan involving ash. But my vote goes to Amourshipping because of beeing the only realistic one IMO.
    Last edited by UltimateNinja; 20th January 2015 at 5:14 PM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    A2 - Best College Town!
    Posts
    3,694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleotides View Post
    Today marks exactly one month since our last Ash shipping poll.
    Majority opinions aren't going to change in a month. Amourshipping is the hot pairing of today, so obviously it dominates the vote. Go back four years and Pearlshipping is the most popular. Pokeshipping has gradually has been losing votes over time as its old fanbase has grown up and moved on, and that reflects in the vote.
    "It eluded us then, but that’s no matter—tomorrow we will run faster, stretch out our arms farther...And then one fine morning -
    So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."


    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    Majority opinions aren't going to change in a month. Amourshipping is the hot pairing of today, so obviously it dominates the vote. Go back four years and Pearlshipping is the most popular. Pokeshipping has gradually has been losing votes over time as its old fanbase has grown up and moved on, and that reflects in the vote.
    Well it's actually 2 months, it's a typo I had in the OP. Nevertheless I get your point.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Lala Land
    Posts
    374

    Default

    I voted for Amourshipping and Pearlshipping since I'm a supporter of both pairings.

    Amourshipping is, by far, my favorite Ash shipping yet. I just love the fact that Ash and Serena were childhood acquaintances and the fact that Serena already had a crush on Ash before started started to travel with him. This pairing is just simply adorable and I honestly could not stop myself from falling for it.

    Pearlshipping is such a cute pairing and Ash and Dawn seemed to be inseparable during DP. He definitely seemed to be closer to Dawn then he was to any of his other female companions. What more is there to say?

    I also support Coma, CafeMocha, Baseball, Pika, and Othello but my favorites are Amour and Pearl.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    seoul, south korea
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Pearlship all the way. In other series they seem to make ash the only star and mostly focus on the gyms(even in AG). The female companions are either tomboyish rash and otherwise think they are supeirior(misty, more so for iris) or know nothing and is mentored by ash and finds a goal in life(serena, may). Dawn however had a goal from the start, just like ash. She also started her journey quite like ash (almost killed my visious wild pokemon with thier starter), and they also had trouble with a powerhouse pokemon not listening to them after evolving(charzard,mamoswine). But the most important part is that they are portraid as equals after dawn learns the basics. They are givin equal screen time and equal amounts of development, and they frequently coach each other. The countershield is an example of this. Dawn's idea, perfected by ash. They also reached equal hights in their carriers. Ash basically was second in the league(NOBODY else knocked out one let alone two of tobias' pokemon) While dawn nearly tied for first earning second.
    And there is also the japanese theme songs to deal with. They express pearlshipping soo well. High touch, icecreamsyndrome, in your heart lalala (kimi no mune lalala, final dp ending theme).

    My second favorite ship is acually altoshipping. I find pokexhuman relations intresting(cancalave libray anyone?). This one just seens right. It is shown sweetly within the movie! The only reason it IS my second is because its only for one movie.
    Last edited by xEryChan; 17th January 2015 at 4:08 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Cod MA
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Generally, the only Ash ships from this list I support is Amourshipping and AshxLyra (Pokesilvershipping). I reckon Lyra counts as one of the "side girls". As such, I voted for the "side girls" choice as well. I actually like to branch out with shippings and try new things!

    Other than that, my two absolute favorite Ash ships are Othelloshipping (it's so freaking awesome!) and Furthershipping (almost as awesome as Othelloshipping!)

    One of the poll options for this thread should have been "other". What about the awesome nevermets?!
    Credits go to Mizz Nikki for this graphic.
    Many things in Common. Relatability. Pokemon World Heroes.
    Just a few reasons why Ash and Hilda are perfect for each other.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,402

    Default

    Advanceshipping cause its the ship that brought me to this place and plus I love how similar both of them can be. Love food, similar pokemon in their team, both started off as trainers before May found her goal etc. Their so cute together!

    Amourshipping because reminds me of Advanceshipping oh my heart mainly of their chemistry and their backstory as children and that Serena's crush for Ash is and will help her to grow as a person and maybe later on the track so will Ash.

    And I support Pikashipping a little too, I mean who doesn't? XD

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Where all are equal
    Posts
    3,795

    Default

    I used to like amour, but Ive just kinda fallen away from it recently, but I like the concept, and maybe the writers will do something interesting with it.

    Same goes for poke-shipping, I just arent as hyped about it now that most of the Sass OS Ash had is just kinda gone :/

    Going wit Advanceshipping I guess, I really loved all their interactions, and AG was just awesome in general.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Chasing The Sun
    Posts
    1,079

    Default

    I voted for Pearlshipping and Amourshipping.

    Personally, Pearlshipping is my favorite Ash ship. Its the first ship that I ever truly supported and it's the reason why I'm even into shipping in the first place. I love everything about it. As soon as Dawn was introduced, I fell in love with this pairing. Ash and Dawn seemed to be inseparable and I love how they were always supporting each other. Forgoodness sake, Dawn is the only girl to ever wear a cheer-leading outfit for some of Ash's gym battles. What else is there I can say? I just love Pearlshipping.

    Amourshipping is another ship I really like a lot. I'm a sucker for ships for between childhood friends and this one is definitely no exception. The fact that it's one-sided canon on Serena's side helps too. It's just simply an adorable ship and I couldn't stop myself from falling for it.

    I also really like Coma, Baseball, Pallet, Ability, Collide, Respect, and Poke but Pearl and Amour are my favorite ship involving Ash.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    WA.
    Posts
    87

    Default

    I really like Palletshipping (Gary & Ash), for him. It was cute how riled up Ash would get around Gary, and how Gary knew to push his buttons. But in the end they where really close despite their different views and personalities and grew to respect and get along with each other. Diodeshipping (Ash & Clemont) is a good second. I like how Clemont kinda looks up to Ash and how Ash gets impressed with all his inventions and just find them cute together and that they just mesh well. Comashipping (Paul & Ash), is another one I like as well, since it was interesting that even though they disagreed with each others training methods and couldn't see eye to eye Ash still seemed friendly with him at times.

    For girls, I like him mostly with side characters (Anabel & Angie specifically). Just cause they seem to get along really well with Ash, and had a great bond imo when they like him. I also think it'd be cute to see Angie push Ash to be better and have someone to train and have fun with. A main girl I like with him is Dawn, since like the other two, got along with Ash really well and both helped each other like with the ice aqua jet. AdvanceShipping (Ash & May) is cute sometimes as well just cause one the beginning episode at the end (with her changing her mind giving Ash a piece of her mind seeing him & Pikachu), and the Ranger movie.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    27

    Default

    Well there isn't a lot of surprises in the results, although I'd never thought that Ash x male traveling companions would be so popular (comparatively speaking).
    Last edited by Deoxyribonucleotides; 22nd January 2015 at 2:07 AM.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Deoxyribonucleotides View Post
    Well there isn't a lot of surprises in the results, although I'd never thought that Ash x male traveling companions would be so popular (comparatively speaking).
    What's interesting to me is how the most popular Ash ship changes every gen. Now its Amour, for example when this poll was made 5 years ago you would see Pearlshipping with the most votes, and so on and so forth.

    Also I wager most Pokeshippers don't watch the show anymore so they really aren't on forums anymore to vote. I remember back in the AG era you would see Pokeshipping Vs. Advanceshipping polls and they would be neck and neck even with Contestshipping around.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Cod MA
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    What's interesting to me is how the most popular Ash ship changes every gen. Now its Amour, for example when this poll was made 5 years ago you would see Pearlshipping with the most votes, and so on and so forth.

    Also I wager most Pokeshippers don't watch the show anymore so they really aren't on forums anymore to vote. I remember back in the AG era you would see Pokeshipping Vs. Advanceshipping polls and they would be neck and neck even with Contestshipping around.
    What is interesting to me is the fact that Amourshipping has almost 4 times as many votes as the second best. There are 64 so far as of me posting this, and I'm willing to bet money that at least 45 of them only voted for it because of it's one-sided canon-ness. It's kind of jarring to me really. I voted for it myself, but I don't subject myself to only supporting what is canon or current. Besides perhaps out of respect for the writers, it just seems so silly.
    Credits go to Mizz Nikki for this graphic.
    Many things in Common. Relatability. Pokemon World Heroes.
    Just a few reasons why Ash and Hilda are perfect for each other.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    56,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Satoshi & Touko View Post
    What is interesting to me is the fact that Amourshipping has almost 4 times as many votes as the second best. There are 64 so far as of me posting this, and I'm willing to bet money that at least 45 of them only voted for it because of it's one-sided canon-ness. It's kind of jarring to me really. I voted for it myself, but I don't subject myself to only supporting what is canon or current. Besides perhaps out of respect for the writers, it just seems so silly.
    While I think it's obvious that part of the reason why is has more votes is due to its semi-canon status, the fact that the ship is relevant to Gen 6 might also be a reason. I personally voted for it because I support it, not because I think of the poll as a popularity contest or anything. :P

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Cape Cod MA
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lorde View Post
    While I think it's obvious that part of the reason why is has more votes is due to its semi-canon status, the fact that the ship is relevant to Gen 6 might also be a reason. I personally voted for it because I support it, not because I think of the poll as a popularity contest or anything. :P
    I agree that it's relevant to the current season, which in turn makes these poll results even more jarring to me. I'll be honest; I always thought that plenty of shippers were unwilling to explore different ships (meaning ships that are NOT Ash and a traveling companion!) and see if there's anything else they liked, but when I see poll results like this, it seems clear to me why there's never anything new to read romance-wise on fanfiction.
    Last edited by Satoshi & Touko; 23rd January 2015 at 12:54 AM.
    Credits go to Mizz Nikki for this graphic.
    Many things in Common. Relatability. Pokemon World Heroes.
    Just a few reasons why Ash and Hilda are perfect for each other.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    32,405

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Maldread View Post
    I'm even surprised Poke/Advance/Pearl (to a lesser degree) even got votes. Most people who support them are long gone.
    A lot of current Amourshippers were/are Advanceshippers. It feels like 70% of the Amourshipping thread said they were Advanceshippers.

    But yeah, you're right a lot of old shippers are gone. Not too surprising as AG ended nearly a decade ago now, and even many Pearlshippers aren't around anymore. As I said this poll was made during the DP era too and back then Pearlshipping was the most popular Ash ship on this forum.

    If you look through the forum archives you can find old Pokeshipping Vs. Advanceshipping threads from the AG era and they used to be neck and neck. It really goes to prove whoever the current girl is at the time will always be the most popular ship for that era, and then it changes when the next girl gets introduced.

    That's why you can never tell which is the most popular Ash ship if you factor in everyone because it constantly changes each gen.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •