View Poll Results: Will Ash ever be paired?

Voters
173. You may not vote on this poll
  • Absolutely, For sure!

34 19.65%
  • No way.

58 33.53%
  • Maybe.

81 46.82%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Your Opinion: Will Ash ever be romantically involved with someone?

Question Your Opinion: Will Ash ever be romantically involved with someone?

EDIT: I just want to remind everyone that all Serebiiforums rules apply in this thread. Please don't trash talk another person's views or opinions or flame in regards to a certain pairing, or feeling about a pairing. Let's just be respectful. I know this is a great community and so far I haven't seen any problems I would need to alert an admin about so you guys are great!

I know it has been discussed multiple times, about multiple different scenarios...with multiple different people. Let's get down to business and attempt to centralize arguments for or against the possibility of Ash being shipped, (in an official relationship) with another character.

Please explain your thoughts in a post, I'm very interested in what you all have to say.

Personally, I would love to see it happen; however, my hopes remain pretty low despite the enthusiasm Serena has. I do not believe any previous companions will be reintroduced to the point of a relationship being made but I do remain hopeful for Misty's return, (as you can probably tell) although unlikely due to the nature of the show and its past. Anything is possible though!
    Last edited by Jfloydian; 28th April 2014 at 1:36 AM.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

I doubt they would pair Ash up with anyone as that would meen they wouldn't be able to show off the current generations in-game heroine or they would have to pull a firstie and not have some guy who can cook.

All in all I just don't see it working, although personally I'd love to see such a strong form of character progression as I feel that's what the anime lacks.
    To lack fear is stupidity, to face it is bravery.

Most likely not, even when/if the show has a concrete final episode someday.

It's simply easy for the writers to have various girls crush on him, but Ash is so focused on Pokemon and his dream that he never notices it.

Think about this for a second, Brock spent his entire 13 year run in the anime trying to find a girlfriend...and what happened? He finally left the show for good and he still didn't find a girlfriend. And this is a guy who flirted with every girl he saw since Kanto to the end of DP.

If Brock's lovelife is any indication Ash won't be paired with anyone either.

Nope.

While I do think it would add something interesting to his character and character development is ALWAYS good it's unlikely to happen for the simple fact that the anime is about Ash becoming a pokemon master and showing off all the new regions pokemon, characters, and areas. As Zelphon above said it would restrict them from showing off the game heroine and mess up the whole trio [or quadruple] theme the series has had since it's conception. If he were to have been romantically involved with someone I feel it would have happened all the way back in OS with Misty. It's pretty clear that all the hints are just fanservice. Even Serene's supposed crush I really don't feel is a crush, just admiration and a really high amount of respect, wanting to prove herself to Ash because he helped her way back in the day.

Who knows, the anime team could play us all for fools, but I don't see this happening any time soon, hell not even through the show's lifespan.

NNID: Antagonistgreen | 3DS FC: 4727-5570-4170

Tumblr | Youtube | Twitch | Deviant Art | Miiverse
    Palletshipping | Cafemochashipping | Namelessshipping

I think if the finale is some flash-forward episode where Ash is older, the writers might have him end up with a girl for the kicks. Hopefully they'll show a montage of all the characters and what happens to them.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

Not on-screen, no. He's only ten, all he wants to do is travel the world and meet new friends and Pokémon while challenging the gyms with his buddy Pikachu. He's clearly not interested in dating right now. Give him a few more years (off-screen), and see if his hormones kick in. Unless he finds a girl who likes Pokémon as much as he does, in which case the two will click immediately and chances of him dating/marrying that girl will soar above the others.

Really, I'd rather see Ash end up with some unknown girl at the very end than with any of the girls we've seen on-screen, but since Pokémon has no interest in any romantic subplots unlike Digimon (to an extent), I don't think he'll end up with anyone. It'll just be him and his Pikachu to the end of time, and that seems much more likely to happen than him asking anyone else out for a date and walking off together into the sunset. Except with Pikachu. You know, honestly, I think Pikachu has a better chance of ending up with Ash than any other character in this series, and that appears to be 100% confirmed at this point. You've had this war won from the very start, Pikashippers.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Requiem I - 11/17/14 - Chapter 21 progress: 66%
    I survived Pupa.

The whole game heroine thing was moot in gen 5. Iris was not a playable character in any of the games. Ash's best chance of ending up with anyone is with Serena, because of their history, but even that is a long shot.
    AmourShipping, AdvanceShipping, PearlShipping, SapphirePearlShipping

I think it's possible, but it wouldn't be an ongoing thing. We wouldn't see them get together. It'd just be something like, the last episode shows the future where Ash is married and his kid is leaving on their Pokemon journey, and the girl he ended up with would be there, too. Or maybe someone confesses their feelings to him and he says he likes someone else (although there would of course be speculation as to who he was talking about). I mean, Ash isn't completely a-romantic. I don't know about the other girls, but he definitely got jealous over Misty a few times, got really defensive when they got teased (there was all kinds of body language going on there, before anyone says it was just the dub). ...Er, I'm not trying to argue for Pokeshipping being canon, or anything; I'm just saying that at the least, Ash showed interest in a girl at some point.
    These are my fanfics. Read them. Or not, whatever.
    Pokemon Generations: Satsumi's Journey (Chapter 2 Now Up!)
    My Fanfiction.net Profile

This is my Tumblr. Read it if you are so inclined.
    The Philosophy of Shipping (shipdr.tumblr.com)

The way the anime is going now, I would say it's possible but he would have to grow up first.

Ash is the densest person when it comes to love, he doesn't know what the word means. I can't see him getting into a relationship on the anime so maybe off-screen but as of right now, he's only ten and the main focus is of him achieving his dream, they're definitely not going to explore shippings with Ash now.
    Pokemon Alpha Sahppire Team

Trainer Name: Erin
    3DS FC: 0748-3470-9720

His only true loves are food and his never-ending journey, so I say never.
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Dwail8023 View Post
    His only true loves are food and his never-ending journey, so I say never.
    Don't forget pokemon! Definitely pokemon ranks #1

“Into the darkness they go,
    the wise and the lovely. ”

Quote Originally Posted by xEryChan View Post
    The way the anime is going now, I would say it's possible but he would have to grow up first.

Ash is the densest person when it comes to love, he doesn't know what the word means. I can't see him getting into a relationship on the anime so maybe off-screen but as of right now, he's only ten and the main focus is of him achieving his dream, they're definitely not going to explore shippings with Ash now.
    I agree with you! I am starting to get worried in regards to whether or not the writers are going to mature Ash enough to the point that he understands, much less wants love. That is the only way anything will happen.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Morning Sun View Post
    Don't forget pokemon! Definitely pokemon ranks #1
    Yes: so much so, unfortunately, that he pretty much didn't give a crap about his Mom when he visited her in BW142. :smh: @ Ash these days
    Opinions Regarding the Pokémon:
    1. Anime: OS > AG > BW > DP > XY
    2. Movies: OS = AG > DP = BW = XY
    3. English Dub: 4Kids Entertainment/TAJ Productions (EP001-EP276; AG001-AG020) = 4Kids Entertainment (AG021-AG145) = TPCi/SDI Media (The Origin)/Very Good > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (BW)/Poor > PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions (AG146-AG192)/Very Poor > TPCi/DuArt Film & Video (XY) = PUSA/TPCi/TAJ Productions/DuArt Film & Video (DP)/Atrocious
    4. Games: XY > BW1 > BW2 > RSE > GSC > Y > HGSS > DP > RBG
    5. Pokémon: The Origin: Excellent: 93/100.
    6. Manga: RS > RB > Y > FRLG > XY > BW > E > DP > GSC
    "It's like with each new Generation, Dogasu becomes an even bigger idiot than he was the last Generation." - Kalos Adventurer

I agree with what xEryChan said. He needs to mature/he's 10 and is mainly focusing on his dream, so they wouldn't go and make him involved in a relationship or anything right now.
    Last edited by AwesomeGrovyle; 5th April 2014 at 5:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kutie Pie View Post
    but since Pokémon has no interest in any romantic subplots unlike Digimon (to an extent), I don't think he'll end up with anyone.
    Except Poke was pretty much the subplot of Orange Islands, and Contest was a subplot within May's rival arc throughout AG. But obviously both didn't receive as much attention as the Digi romances.
    "We are not now that strength which in old days moved earth and heaven. That which we are, we are. One equal temper of heroic hearts. Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will. To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
    Thank you FairyWitch for the banner!

In my opinion, not till the end of the series and even than I'm not sure they'll say who he's married due to fear of shipping Wars LOL.
    I find it best that way, I'd rather not know who gets together with and just hope it's the one you want him with.

Till than, just have fun shipping your favorite Ash pairing.
    A close family member of mine died today, I put this in my sign as respect for him

Ash fan. Luffy fan. Gintoki fan-Gintama. Endou fan-Inazuma Eleven.
    Multi Luffy {One Piece} and Ash {Pokemon} Shippers.

I think, it's possible..It has potentials of having someone to end up with Ash, but as far as the anime is concern, I doubt that he'll end up with someone this early, or this time around. Pokemon wasn't that focused more on romance, but his love and concern for friends is still there but I can't see him with any love interest at the moment.
    If I have any worth, it is to live my LIFE for GOD

|| Multishipper || Bias:鹿晗 || hwaiting! || Inactive||

No, especially now that he is still on the road to pursue his dream and all his focus is on battling and winning badges. Besides, he is still only 10 years old so there's no need nor hurry for him to start a relationship with anyone at this point.

Possibly when the anime ends but as the main focus of the anime is Ash achieving his dream of becoming the worlds greatest Pokemon Master so I can't see him getting into a relationship anytime soon.

Besides, he's still only 10 and still as dense as ever so they're definitely going to rush it. He needs to grow up first in order for it to happen.
    Omega Ruby Team and Progress

3DS FC: 4871-6086-4217

A sub question:

If you voted Yes, or Maybe, who do you think Ash will end up with? Why that person?
    Ash+Misty Forever!

I doubt Ash will ever be romantically involved with anyone except Pikachu and Pokemon tbh. He really doesn't show any interest in females from what I've seen and he seems to care more about Pokemon and training over any romantic relationships with anyone. Besides this show is about Pokemon and battling and such, it's not the type of show to be focusing on romantic relationships, and it's also a show for kids, it's not an anime aimed for teens like some other animes.
    Owner of the Dawn/Hikari Fanclub v.4
    Quote Originally Posted by Canada View Post
    Biggest Fan of the Diamond and Pearl Series: Dawn+Serena Fan

If it ever does happen, it wouldn't become a focal point of the show.

By that, I mean that I do not see an actual relationship happening. The most I can see is the current shipping teases that we currently have and maybe a hug or kiss at the end of the saga or series. Nothing long-lasting from episode-to-episode that in any way resembles a boyfriend/girlfriend relationship.

However, I think there is a slim possibility that in the final episode or waning episodes of the series (last two or three), we could see some sort of relationship between Ash and a female companion come to fruition with hopes for the future. Or the series could just end with a flash-forward with Ash in a relationship (possibly marriage?) to someone.

So yeah, to summarize, maybe a saga will end with a hug or kiss, and maybe the series will end with some relationship semi-established, but I can say with 99% confidence that Pokemon will never put Ash in a long-running episode-to-episode relationship.

It's hard to tell. But I definitely don't think that it's impossible. It could possibly happen towards the end of the series or something like that. Besides, there have been romance in non-romantic animes before, DBZ being the perfect example of what I'm talking about.
    My top 5 Pokemon shippings:

1. Advanceshipping and Amourshipping (tied for #1)
    2. Handymanshipping
    3. Questshipping
    4. Luckshipping
    5. Rayshipping

It's highly unlikely, but anything can happen at this point. It's mostly because Ash lives in a shell of denseness (I used this metaphor once, I'll use it again). The problem isn't that Serena isn't strong enough to break the shell, the problem is, that's one tough shell to break, it's practically made of steel. I always thought that moment in ep 21 with Ash staring at her costume, I thought I was just getting the wrong message and that he wasn't actually staring, but I thought he was because that's how I personally judged it. But I don't know what else to think about that scene, besides that he found her a little shmexy, hence he was staring. If that's the case, that's a good start to breaking the shell. There should just be some scenario in the future that causes him to realize how much he cares for Serena and how he cherishes their friendship, and then feelings would grow from there. I mean, Serena's crush is a subplot after all, there will naturally be moments in the future where it will be brought into focus. For now, I'm not holding my breath on it. I was only slightly interested in Pearlshipping at the time, being 11, but I never cared about shipping in Pokemon before Serena. But for now, I'm not holding my breath on anything, I don't want to speculate the future and be crushed when it doesn't happen. While this is definitely the most potent ship in a long time, I'm still on the fence.
    Everything is wonderful ALL THE TIME.

deviantART: http://itsabassdammit.deviantart.com/

Google+ (like it matters): https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/118334162376867992853/118334162376867992853/posts

I had been thinking about that scene in XY21, (besides picturing Serena)... I really noticed that the animator didn't have him fawning over her like he did a couple of times with Misty. It wasn't the same, not as strong at all.

It seems he is even more difficult to crack these days.
    Last edited by Jfloydian; 8th April 2014 at 4:39 AM.
    Ash+Misty Forever!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast