Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: Sleepless in Pre-Battle (572)

The episode was ok IMO. It could have been better though.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Having now seen the dub episode, I can still say that the episode was still extremely disappointing. It had promised so much, yet failed to deliver.
    I think Swinub's evolution and 'battle' was far more entertaining than the uber battle.

Do the Robot!

I like the part when SWINUB evolves.

Nice episode...also good that 2 legendary Pokemon took the spotlight...i give it an 8/10
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

darkrai > all

I had really been hoping for a longer fight between Cresselia and Darkrai. A fight between two legendaries would, especially polar opposites, would normally be really exciting. Also, odd time for them to have Swinub evolve. Just kinda' threw it out there, don't you think?
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

I think the episode was ok. I still can't believe a pokemon like Cresselia got caught by a net by TR. I would understand if it was by Hunter J.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

2 Legendaries in one episode? This felt awkward.

I had hoped that Cressilia would get an episode for her own, instead of having to share one with Darkrai.

I liked the fact that Swinub evolved. That was unexpected. 7/10

Darkrai was probably in this because it would be odd for Cresselia to appear out of no where for no reason and Darkrai is like a complete opposite. An actual battle would be cool as well.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

Boring episode, except Swinub's evolution.

the battle between Cresselia and Darkrai wasn't good as we thought....
    Wobbuffet and his trainer.(credit: Serebii.net)

Oy, the insomniac look for this episode on nearly everyone was ugly animation (though Wobbuffet's tired voice was cute). It seems odd that one machine of Team Rocket's would cause nightmares in everyone, which confused me the first time I watched this episode. At least repeat viewings helped me understand that the machine lured Darkrai, causing the nightmares. Makes me wonder where they got the machine (probably not the Magickarp Salesman LOL).

The Cresselia/Darkrai battle could have been better. I did like the part where Piplup sniffed out the Psyduck, though. And it's interesting that this is the show's first season finale with an evolution (it's true!). Too bad that it would mean Swinub becoming the modern-day equivalent of Ash's Charizard.
    ;My Shinies: (trevanent) NEW!! 10/11 NEW!! 10/14 NEW!! 10/18 NEW!! 10/19 NEW!! 10/22
    Currently hunting/MM'ing: (Black2, White2); playing X
    On hold: (till 3rd gen remakes)
    To reclaim:

How can a machine cause nightmares? O_o But overall, it was a good episode.

7/10

I`m glad they had a evil Darkrai in this Episode.Swinube evovling into Piloswine was unexpected.It was nice to see the Moon Rivalry in this episode.

10/10

Smashin' !

I thought the Darkrai vs. Cresselia battle should have been a lot better than it was, pretty disappointing. But at least Swinub evolved into Piloswine. This was an OK episode.

Was there a scene cut when Jenny was showing her Lunar wing? Because one moment Jenny pulls it out and then suddenly Dawn is saying "Lunar Wing pendant I have" or close to that but it looked like something was cut.

Not a bad episode I guess, I think there should have been a bigger battle between Cresslia and Darkrai.

You sure don't want to piss off Jenny lol, but you think she would know if it was forged.

Uh yes Ash, you can't sent someone to jail when you BLAST them off! I wonder if any Jenny ever gets ****** because technically they don't ever catch TR and that's because Ash and Pikachu blasts them off, is he aware that if Officer Jenny caught TR that they probably be in jail for a bit and wouldn't bother them.
    It was good for Swinub to evolve though, and the episode could have been alot of better.

Last episode that was seen in Australia, it is taking forever for us to see the next season and I believe it's been about a year or so since S11 aired in Australia. It's so annoying considering you guys are on S13 now.
    Last edited by Willow's Tara; 22nd June 2010 at 7:44 AM.
    Claims Amber Benson and Ali Larter as Bishie.

Credits go to the original creators of Cynthia's and Flannery's artwork.
    United we stand but seperated we fall

And so the fifth generation begins...

Hm, a lot of people here seem to be disappointed by this episode.

Personally, I think the plot for this episode is what a season finale should be. Not that every season finale should now have two legendaries battling.
    Sorry, but Swinub evolving just didn't do it for me as much as I thought it was going to.

Awesome! we get to see Cresselia make her debut in the show. I'm calling Cresselia female because she looks like she can only be female. This episode made me like Cresselia a bit more. I think this is the first time I've ever seen Darkrai in the Anime. I haven't seen the movie he's in...yet.

And their you have it, ladies and gentlmen, the end of Battle Dimensions! It's been quite the ride hasn't it?

Bring on the Galactic Battles!
    Alpha Sapphire planned team (so far)

Claimed by me!

Mega Wishlist:

I wanted to see Cresselia and Darkrai battle like Kyogre and Groudon did

I think if I had to list my top 5 worst dp episodes, this one would probably be on that list. And that's not because the episode itself is that bad, b/c it really isn't. But, anyone watching at the time this episode actually came out knows how disappointing this episode was. It was very falsely advertised as Cressalia vs Darkrai; the preview contained the only fight scene b/w the two pokemon, as if to say, this is only a taste of what's to come. There are some really funny reviews in this thread about the absurdity of this.

This episode marks a transition in the story from Ash back to Dawn. Ever since Fantina's first appearance (which feels like a good few episodes ago), the story has really focused on Ash. A couple of episodes somewhere in that stretch had to do with Dawn, and they were both similar in that they showed Dawn not being able to take care of her pokemon properly, and feeling depressed as a result (one with Piplup and one with Pachirisu). But neither of those episodes are really that fun to watch for that plot point alone, and I think the story is beyond the point now where Dawn struggling with confidence is something that's entertaining to watch. It seemed to me with those episodes that the writers were really struggling to find what to do with Dawn's character. And this is their solution: have Swinub evolve. And it works well (I was really surprised by how entertained I was when I watched some of these future episodes; I knew what they would be about, and I thought it wouldn't be anything I hadn't seen before, but that wasn't the case), especially since it shows a progression of Dawn's character. I think it correlates to the way Piplup has been written in the past few episodes, where its vanity has gotten it into embarrassing, funny situations. And even though it's aware (and Dawn is aware) that this often happens, it still does it anyway. It doesn't mind the ensuing embarrassment, and Dawn doesn't really mind it, either. Dawn is that type of a quirky character; I really think May was sort of that way, too, and this type of storyline might have worked for her as well. I think I tend to appreciate this sort of stuff more from Dawn than I did for May b/c Dawn just strikes me as a quieter, more introverted character. She doesn't seem to me as being someone who's that concerned with how others view her (she cares about what Zoey says, she's supportive of Ash, and she normally says a witty comment to TR, or to Brock-that's really about all she does), and I think that goes to her talent level so far as a coordinator. Once Sinnoh is all said and done, I think it's fair to still to say that the Wallace Cup victory might be the achievement she's most remembered for. Unlike May, Dawn never feels like that superior type of coordinator-why should anyone really have something to say to her, in the first place? When the anime reached the Grand Festival part a few months ago, I think no one really had a clear idea of where Dawn would place, and whether that would be a disappointment or success. For Ash, we knew he would go far, b/c he's shown to be a better/more experienced trainer than just about anyone who's come his way, excluding Paul. How far Dawn would go was much more in the air.

That was quite a tangent. For the episode itself, this story could fit really, really well in the LoZ, the Wind Waker game. Sailing at night has quite the adventurous feel to it, there's islands everywhere, and even a shrine where a beautifully shining pokemon (a sage or something might be more befitting a LoZ game) is be summoned. Of course, there's an evil monster that's imprisoning the sage, so that has to be defeated (TR in this episode). And once the sage is freed, it's power enables the really bad guy to be sent back to another dimension (and since the bad guy is not destroyed, there's room for a sequel). Yep, I could really see this episode being incorporated into a LoZ game, particularly the Wind Waker. That's a good thing, and there's really nothing that wrong with this episode. There's even some fun normal scenes, like Dawn saying Ash should go shopping to get over his repeated rejection of not being able to find the gym leader (and also, I like how the writers are letting Ash's repeated sayings that he's going to win the gym go, and not inserting some sort of moral that Ash is arrogant-he isn't, and he has the right to be this confident; this is his fourth region of gyms, and he's been offered to be a frontier brain-no way he shouldn't be confident, especially after his last victory), as well as Brock skipping to Jenny to find out what's going on in the town. This episode's main negative was the terrible way it was advertised. It was like being told you would get the feather from a Cressalia, and instead received the feather from a Pidgey.

This episode was ok. It was great to see Cresselia and Darkrai for the 1st time. It was cool to see Dawn's Swinub evolve into Piloswine and defeat TR to save Dawn and the others. It was cool to see how Darkrai's nightmares are in the Anime, when everyone was asleep. It was annoy that people were falling for the fake Lunar Wings that TR was selling everybody. It was cool to see Cresselia's Lunar Dance move. It was interesting how this implyed that Darkrai causes the nightmares, and Cresselia dispells them.

50/100

That Darkrai IS WAY DIFFERENT FROM THE KIND Darkrai of pokemon movie 10

My Favorite Pokemon

The Journey To Become A Pokemon Master Is long.....

Cool to see the debut of Cressilia. Nice to see Swinub to evolve into Piloswine. It was ashame that the battle was like 30 seconds long between Cressillia and Darkrai. Overall it was an okay episode. 7.5/10

I loved the Arrested Development reference in the dub.

This should have been a two-parter. You don't just bring two legendaries into the anime to battle for three seconds.
    I am not worried, Harry. I am with you.

^This is my new fanfic. It's a work in progress, so please read and comment at your discretion. I hope you like it. I think you will.

Many, many thanks to Mew, who created this exceptional banner!

Harry Potter and How I Met Your Mother are currently my life.

I love how they even now set the stage for Cilan what with Brock and the magnifying glass and jenny's "It's arresting time!"

Sigh, this episode was disappointing. I was expecting a good battle between Cressilia and Darkrai, but instead we got a 30 second battle.
    It annoyed me when Team Rocket managed to capture Cressilia with a net, it's right that they capture a lot of Pokemon with nets.....but capturing a Legendary Pokémon with a net was just plain stupid!
    Swinub's evolution was unexpected, but I'm glad it finally evolved into Piloswine and taught Team Rocket a lesson.
    Pokémon XY

Kalos, Where Dreams and Adventures Begin!

Quote Originally Posted by DaDonYordel View Post
    Are we not just silly people writing silly complaints on this message board?

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456