Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless in Pre-Battle (572)

Yah...this was a disappointment. I feel like a title like should have been for a good two/three parter.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I wasn&#180;t disappointed. Why? Because just like Suikun I expected a lame episode. And....it was a lame episode. Go figure...

Why didn&#180;t Cresselia do ANYTHING under its net? Maybe it just wanted to see how the little sock puppet was beaten up my the mecha.

Really, the new walking version of TR&#180;s submarine was my favorite part of the episode. Reminds me of a manga in which fish walk on land using machines I read a few years ago. creepy stuff.

Funny how the big pig was shown in its last stage in the opening. Man, is this thing BIG.
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Has anyone got pictures of Mamoswine in the opening? I don't think it's on the internet as a video yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Quote Originally Posted by ~*Mudkip Fantastic*~ View Post
    Has anyone got pictures of Mamoswine in the opening? I don't think it's on the internet as a video yet.
    Actually, it is.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ab2xE...8C2889&index=3

Overall, I thought this episode was really cheesy. Why was the heavily-advertised battle between Darkrai and Cresselia so late and so short? And, out of all the possible times for Swinub to evolve, this has to be the most random episode for that to happen. The only somewhat funny scene was Prof. Oak's lecture on Flygon. I give it 4/10.

I'm going to make some blunt statements at the beginning of this review - anyone who seriously expected grand things from watching two legendary titans duke it out within 22 minutes was clearly delusional. Groudon vs. Kyogre couldn't even manage to be good in TWO parts, and the story had already been mostly built up by Part 1. Here, you not only had to set the stage for the story, along with going to the gym and all that, but squeeze in some distracting TR bits that take center stage, in addition to a main cast evolution. All in 22 minutes. If you honestly expected the second coming of whatever legend fight in the movie you consider to be the greatest, then yes, you were in denial.

Now, TR has their place in the show, and for high-scale events like gym battles, they only appear off to the side. They even did so in Groudon vs. Kyogre. But I highly disapproved of their role here, which is the first time in quite a while.

They could have at least done something different than Ash's nightmare in Movie 10, other than this merely being Shimurafied. I dunno, maybe instead of having Pikachu fall into a thick black void, it could have drowned in something like...oatmeal.

The good? Well, I have to admit - Cresselia slowly descending from the heavens and getting covered by a bug net which causes it to slam full-force into the ground was outright ****ing hysterical. Of course, Darkrai vs. Cresselia was pretty darn funny, too. Overall, this wasn't horrible for a comedy episode.

So yes, while my expectations never even existed in the first place, this somehow climbed into sub-expectations. Worst episode since the Lumineon lake one, and perhaps the only one I've truly disliked since then, too. Potential Sinnoh Bottom 5.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

I never thought I'd say this, but the Darkrai Vs. Cresselia battle made Groudon Vs. Kyorge look like a masterpiece in comparison, that's how BAD it was.

The whole thing was laughable. They bounce off each other 3 times and that's it?

This ep shouldn't have had the legends at all and should have just been about Swinub, seriously what the hell was this?

This was hands down the absolute worst battle between two legendaries in the entire anime. Holy crap.

To be honest, Mamoswine in the opening to me was a major LOL moment for me. It was expected though but they made it even more obvious.

I really like the structure of the gym. Really clever. I just expected a building... a generic iron-ish building.

I got scared when Ash was looking at the gym and someone screamed really loud. I blame my speakers.

Oh my I can't take this Pokemon Commercials anymore! How many more of them? HOW MANY? I DON'T CARE ABOUT POCHAMA FALLING DOWN THE RAINBOW! D=

NOOOO! I don't want Urimoo to evolve. I love his voice... I love it. It makes me melt of cuteness.

Cresscelia why so pretty?

Oh Darkrai... I totally forgot it was supposed to appear.=X

So yeah yeah, my review is full of worthless rambling because I have nothing to say about this episode. It was just super bland.

But Urimoo...I want to see Mamoswine but still...

Hey, at least this battle wasn't hyped up like G Vs K.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

At long last, I am returning with my Fan-Fic. Just need to find a better host. Blogger has done its course but I need just a little more recognition.

I freaking HATE "Mega" Evolution.

Atleast the preview wasn't glamorizing it.

Well, you can't get them for false advertising.

*sitcom laugh*

Well, despite hearing such lovely reviews, I don't think I'll watch this episode....

This really was worse than Gr vs. Ky? I thought that would be impossible.

Well, these two legendaries are not the main focus of D/P, Gen 4, whatever, so I'm not surprised the episode was lackluster, but looking at everyone's views on it, it seems that "lackluster" would be too nice of a word...

Besides the dissapointing Cresselia and Darkrai role, it doesn't look completely horrid.

Byron's Referee looks like Cyrus though... :0

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Byron's Referee looks like Cyrus though... :0
    That would be a good set-up for a Lake arc. Camoflauge

Hmm...IMHO a terrible episode. As Suikun said, possible bottom 5, along with the Lumineon episode and Aaron's episode.

Swinub's evolution made little to no sense but it's good to see the little thing getting some screentime. If only to use Take Down a couple of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

i noteced powliswine knew ancient power... yay! mamoswine!!!! (or lazy animators)

mammoswine seems to be parodying charizard, sweet!!!!
    College: were you go to spend large amounts of money to fufil a thirst for something, often knowlege. This experence would cost your or your parents $200,000, unless you can put an orange ball through a round hoop, you can go for free ~Earth The Book~

AKRON ZIPS 2010 NCAA Mens Soccer National Champions

People are just mad that the Legendary battle wasn't what they thought it would be (I knew it wouldn't be special). Besides that it was not a bad episode. Yay for Piloswine. It does have eyes! I love how in DP105 is jumps on Dawn.
    Last edited by HoennMaster; 5th December 2008 at 6:42 AM.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by ZangooseLord View Post
    Actually, it is.

Overall, I thought this episode was really cheesy. Why was the heavily-advertised battle between Darkrai and Cresselia so late and so short? And, out of all the possible times for Swinub to evolve, this has to be the most random episode for that to happen. The only somewhat funny scene was Prof. Oak's lecture on Flygon. I give it 4/10.
    Dude, don't link to youtube eps :/ You'll get yourself and the youtube person reported. (And it's hard enough to find people who up episodes as is!)

Though agreed, it was really cheesy. I'd rather see a silly ep focused on swinub's evolution than a cheap fight.

Wow, I must be the only one in this thread who actually liked this episode. Granted, it is kind of boring, but still, I don't really see how it's the awful piece of crap that you guys are making it out to be...

Hell, the "fight" probably wasn't even intended to be the main draw of this episode...oh wait, it's titled "Cresselia VS Darkrai!" Never mind. -_-

I think the point is the legendary stuff should have never been in this episode.

If it was just about Swinub evolving it'd be ok, but literally a lame 10 second fight where the legends just bounce off each other in glowing balls was pathetic.

TR throwing a net over Cresselia and it just sitting there trapped until Piloswine blew them away was also sad. How the hell can't a legendary Pokemon get out of a normal net?

It wasn't a bad episode, the worst DP eps was the cake-making Pikachu episode or that ep with Leona and the 3 Swinub at the hot springs.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think the point is the legendary stuff should have never been in this episode.

If it was just about Swinub evolving it'd be ok, but literally a lame 10 second fight where the legends just bounce off each other in glowing balls was pathetic.

TR throwing a net over Cresselia and it just sitting there trapped until Piloswine blew them away was also sad. How the hell can't a legendary Pokemon get out of a normal net?

It wasn't a bad episode, the worst DP eps was the cake-making Pikachu episode or that ep with Leona and the 3 Swinub at the hot springs.
    Alright, I'll give you that net scenario, that was pretty pathetic. Oh, and add the Chingling episode to that list. Lol Kinoshita.

What about the Chingling ep?

EDIT: Crap, Electivirus beat me to it

Well yeah, the actual content of the ep was typical Team Rocket fare with an evolution of the main characters Pokemon. If it didn't have the two legends in it, people probably wouldn't have complained.

For Darkrai it doesn't matter as he got the entire 10th movie, but I hope this isn't Cresselia's only appearance in the anime. For such a nice looking Pokemon, it didn't do anything.

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    Well yeah, the actual content of the ep was typical Team Rocket fare with an evolution of the main characters Pokemon. If it didn't have the two legends in it, people probably wouldn't have complained.

For Darkrai it doesn't matter as he got the entire 10th movie, but I hope this isn't Cresselia's only appearance in the anime. For such a nice looking Pokemon, it didn't do anything.
    I do agree that Cresselia deserved better than this. I hope it at least ends up like Regiphail, having a WTF? appearance in the 12th movie.

Well good thing i read this thread because when when the english dub airs, I won't be as disappointed that the episode wasn't up to my standards.

Hopefully they change the "Cresselia VS Darkrai" part, or else lots of people in North America will be disappointed with the episode too.

Quote Originally Posted by csisps_26 View Post
    ^ Blackjack_Gabbiani - I'm not. Just a statement. -_-".
    It was a general "you".
    The world's greatest collector as drawn by Yoru Ryu
    Fancy Jirarudan too? Then you'll enjoy my fic Obsession! (updated June 29th, 2014)
    Or better yet, join my LJ comm Ware Wa Collector!
    Check out some of my other fics!
    Answering Machine (strong XY spoilers--winner of Most Heartbreaking Scene 2013!)

....I'm sorry. This episode...it really disappoints me...
    My friends and I were looking forward to a cool, possibly somewhat epic fight between the two Lunar Legendaries....and what do we get? One or two measley minutes of them bouncing at each other. What the heck? Seriously, I am really upset at the people that make the anime. They could have done something really good and exciting, something that would make some people come back to watching the series. But this is why I usually don't watch the anime, even in Japanese. Because when they add Legendaries during the show, they hardly get any screentime. I mean, don't they know how popular Darkrai and Cresselia are? Really....
    ......seriously. if they did this well, a TON of people would've come back to watching the anime faithfully. seriously.
    I wouldve come back, and i havent faithfully watched the anime since i was like, 10 years old.
    *thinks that the johto season was the best of the series still which is sad*
    Stuff actually happened in that one...the plot flowed, it was interesting, and there was much less filler than there is now...
    But no.
    They had to come up with this crap.
    And that's what it was: crap.
    I'm sorry. But that's what it was.
    *walks away, shaking her head* I'll just write a fanfic on how I think the episode should have gone...at least it'll make more sense than this dribble did...
    Last edited by Marikunin; 5th December 2008 at 12:06 AM.
    I like many different shippings...
    Merii, Jayden and Luke is my OT3!
    Finally got a Pokemon Diamond! My friend code: 2278 0159 6048
    A LiveJournal Community for Legendary Pokemon!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast