Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless in Pre-Battle (572)

...ONE MINUTE.
    That's Darkrai's screen time.
    ...then why is it called is it called DARKRAI VS CRESSELIA? I mean, the ONLY thing that was noticable is Dawn's Swinub evolving, but so what. They need to realize that the legends are the ONLY thing keeping the series alive (sorry, that's how I see it, people can disagree, it's an opinion).
    WHY do we see the movies?
    Because legends are in it, mainly.
    WHY do we watch the major episodes? Such as Groudon VS Kyogre?
    Two legends.
    But no, they use ANIME PHYSICS in LEGENDARY POKEMON FIGHTS. ...which means a Charizard beating an Articuno... I mean, come on. Why are there better Legendary shipping fics than most Marysue fics and Anime shipping fics?
    Because legends are in them. If they were smart, they would make a legendary shipping show, rather than a human one, and it would be as big as Yu-Gi-Oh during it's prime. But no, they use anime physics, such as Aggron getting killed by a Pikachu (Okay, I learned it IS normal effectivness, but it's unlikely because of Aggron's Defense).

I was on a roll, sorry. Just: Long story short:

Don't name the episode about two legends if it is not mainly about the legends in it.
    Last edited by goldeneye101; 5th December 2008 at 1:07 AM.
    A Fanfiction.net writer! ( can be found here:http://www.fanfiction.net/~goldeneye101)
    Current Legendary shipping fic: Rebellion Starts Tonight
    Romance/Action.

Main Shippings: X ; X ; X ; X Ask me for the rest!
    "You said that we were the ark? The victors? You must have not heard the rest. Do not open the ark." Dark Arceus to Giovanni, Rebellion Starts Tonight, Chapter 9

Quote Originally Posted by goldeneye101 View Post
    ...then why is it called is it called DARKRAI VS CRESSELIA?
    Its not, its called Cresselia vs Darkrai.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Its not, its called Cresselia vs Darkrai.
    I think that's what he meant...XD
    I like many different shippings...
    Merii, Jayden and Luke is my OT3!
    Finally got a Pokemon Diamond! My friend code: 2278 0159 6048
    A LiveJournal Community for Legendary Pokemon!

Quote Originally Posted by Marikunin View Post
    I think that's what he meant...XD
    i know, i just felt like being nit-picky, lol.
    OR Playthrough - Fallarbor Town

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    i know, i just felt like being nit-picky, lol.
    XD lol, I see....*is still really angry at the anime people* I kept imagining explosions and Dark Voids being thrown everywhere....I expected awesome....and got crap.

My friends and I were looking forward to a cool, possibly somewhat epic fight between the two Lunar Legendaries
    Who are these "friends"? Your DS and your GBA?
    ......seriously. if they did this well, a TON of people would've come back to watching the anime faithfully. seriously.
    They've done lots of stuff well, and people have come back, especially after Johto. Heck, I certainly did. Even the greatest shows on TV have their episodes that flop from time to time. This was such an example.

Try watching the stuff from Sinnoh that's actually been praised.
    *thinks that the johto season was the best of the series still which is sad*
    Stuff actually happened in that one...the plot flowed, it was interesting, and there was much less filler than there is now...
    Johto...

...plot flowed...

...interesting...

...much less filler...

Keep telling yourself that.
    *walks away, shaking her head* I'll just write a fanfic on how I think the episode should have gone...at least it'll make more sense than this dribble did...
    No one is denying this was awful, but honestly, most "fan versions" of how they think episodes "should" have gone end up even more ridiculous than the original product.
    Quote Originally Posted by goldeneye101 View Post
    But no, they use ANIME PHYSICS in LEGENDARY POKEMON FIGHTS. ...which means a Charizard beating an Articuno... I mean, come on. Why the hell are there better Legendary shipping fics than most Marysue fics and Anime shipping fics?
    Because legends are in them. If they were smart, they would make a legendary shipping show, rather than a human one, and it would be as big as Yu-Gi-Oh during it's prime. But no, they use anime physics, such as Aggron getting killed by a Pikachu (Okay, I learned it IS normal effectivness, but it's unlikely because of Aggron's Defense).
    I can't tell if that was satire of legend fanatics and shipping nuts and Yu-Gi-Oh fans, or if that was dead-serious. if it was the former, I applaud you. You nailed every stereotype of those crowds. If it wasn't...than I also applaud you for nailing every stereotype of those crowds.
    XD lol, I see....*is still really angry at the anime people* I kept imagining explosions and Dark Voids being thrown everywhere....I expected awesome....and got crap.
    Err...no offense, but watching random explosions and energy spheres being thrown at one another would be just as redundant as any other feud we've seen with these high-scale Pokemon. Would've been more exciting than trying to learn Bounce, but don't tell me that would have been "awesome".
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    Who are these "friends"? Your DS and your GBA?

They've done lots of stuff well, and people have come back, especially after Johto. Heck, I certainly did. Even the greatest shows on TV have their episodes that flop from time to time. This was such an example.

Try watching the stuff from Sinnoh that's actually been praised.

Johto...

...plot flowed...

...interesting...

...much less filler...

Keep telling yourself that.

No one is denying this was awful, but honestly, most "fan versions" of how they think episodes "should" have gone end up even more ridiculous than the original product.

I can't tell if that was satire of legend fanatics and shipping nuts and Yu-Gi-Oh fans, or if that was dead-serious. if it was the former, I applaud you. You nailed every stereotype of those crowds. If it wasn't...than I also applaud you for nailing every stereotype of those crowds.

Err...no offense, but watching random explosions and energy spheres being thrown at one another would be just as redundant as any other feud we've seen with these high-scale Pokemon. Would've been more exciting than trying to learn Bounce, but don't tell me that would have been "awesome".
    No. I mean people in real life...and I do agree that most fan versions do end up really badly. But really I'm just trying to say that they could've done so much better when they made this episode...and I admit that I haven't watched the anime in years, and that's how I remember the Johto season....but I'm probably wrong...XD
    Last edited by Marikunin; 5th December 2008 at 12:51 AM.

This episode was really great. The weirdest thing is that Swinub evolved to early and I mean that Dawn never used it so why would it evolve?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Let's agree, if this ep didn't have Darkrai or Cresselia in it, would there be any reason to complain?

Not really, it was a typical average filler plot with Swinub's evo tacked on. I think people would have actually enjoyed the ep more without the legends.

Really cool to see the Lunar Wing in the anime. It looks really pretty.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

It's too bad the battle was so short, but then again, I'd say Cresselia's job is to prevent Darkrai from achieving its true power; instead of just fighting it.

I'm more disappointed about never seeing adorable little Swinub again. But the plot needs to move on, right?

Quote Originally Posted by CyberCubed View Post
    I think the point is the legendary stuff should have never been in this episode.

If it was just about Swinub evolving it'd be ok, but literally a lame 10 second fight where the legends just bounce off each other in glowing balls was pathetic.

TR throwing a net over Cresselia and it just sitting there trapped until Piloswine blew them away was also sad. How the hell can't a legendary Pokemon get out of a normal net?

It wasn't a bad episode, the worst DP eps was the cake-making Pikachu episode or that ep with Leona and the 3 Swinub at the hot springs.
    Note: when I do get the opportunity to see this, I'm simply going to watch that scene. Honestly, that's the funniest and stupidest thing TR could possibly do to a legendary. Okay, they did it to Kyogre back in Hoenn, but still that looks so terrible as to be hilarious.

Also, kind of "out there", but was the whole "Darkrai's Nightmare causing bad dreams" type of thing happen? Or was it just Darkrai, Cresselia and random evolution of Swinub.... wait, what? Swinub evolved here? The heck???

Still, the episode with Rotom looks like a nice little "lol" fest, so for sure I'll be watching it.

edit: Oh lord, there not using a boat of any sorts between the islands... it's all interconnected with bridges. Kinda like what they've done with P.E.I. here in Canada. This sort of wrecks "island" hopping... then again, there wasn't really that many islands up there to begin with.

Okay, good, so at least the whole "Darkrai's nightmare affecting people" is at least in use to some extent.

OMFG!! Dawn still has the Lunar Feather from the 10th movie! Okay, so maybe they weren't 100% aware of Darkrai (my Japanese is terrible, so I was just listening for anything related to "Darkrai" in their dialogue to get an idea of what it was). Yes! Not the most concrete use of something movie related, but I'm glad she still has it. Yes!

Hehe, Officer Jenny had a fake Lunar Feather! Dawn got good merchandise from that hippie then. Figures Team Rocket was selling the cheap-o-feathers.

Swinub's being used as a blood hound; to sniff out Cresselia... And just as CC pointed out, Cresselia is apparently unable to escape capture. Not only that, TR have a tricked out sub with a quadrupedal spider mechanism to acquire the capture... yeah, that didn't end well.

Swinub evolves a la Phanpy? Okay, maybe that's not so bad... until it goes from not being able to dent the claws to smashing the Karp-Sub and sending it flying... so yeah, nevermind. At least Phanpy was reasonable (it was able to actually cause something before evolving. Ah hell, it's exactly like Phanpy to Donphan, only it's Dawn).

Normally, I'd be a bit irritated that Dawn/Ash dexes something they've already seen. However, seeing as in the movies they're not supposed to pull that device out, I'll let it slide... this time.

For once they've kept in check with the movies. Good, it shows that now they're lightly connected.

Heh, I was right, the comedy, the absurdity and the mild connections to movie 10 made it fun. :P, this is why I take opinions with a grain of salt these days; I'd prefer to get my own to compare the two. Admittingly, it was hardly a "battle" but rather the other vs.: "nightmares" vs. "dreams". Try that and it makes some better sense. Meh, and this was with my terrible understanding of a language.

~C_L~
    Last edited by Cobalt_Latios; 5th December 2008 at 3:54 AM.

"I'm not really here that much, if at all. I've moved on, to a different site."

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Other than Swinub's evolution (loved Piloswine's voice by the way) this episode disappointed.... =(

It sure was a hell of alot higher than I remember Pryce's Piloswine sounding.

In some ways, I've very glad I didn't have high hopes for this one to begin with. What killed it was when I heard it was going to be nothing more than half-an-hour long. You really can't do too much in half-an-hour when it concerns Legendaries. People will always be crying out for more.

Disappointing, yes; one of those few filler episodes I was really hoping would be interesting. I feel a Smash Bros. Melee Mewtwo has been pulled here.
    Oh, well. Darkrai and Cresselia are still awesome.

~MEWTWO RETURNS AT LAST!~

I didn't mind the episode at all. I didn't find it so horrible I'd give it a low rating. Granted it wasn't the best thing but for an episode by itself (without being biased) it was a pretty good episode. We do get some decent Swinub screentime, if only it had this much screentime in the other episodes. and the land walking Magikarp Sub was pretty funny. Though it was weird how they give us a "Phanpy" like evolution for Swinub.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

[QUOTE=dman_dustin;9093457]I didn't mind the episode at all. I didn't find it so horrible I'd give it a low rating. Granted it wasn't the best thing but for an episode by itself (without being biased) it was a pretty good episode. We do get some decent Swinub screentime, if only it had this much screentime in the other episodes. and the land walking Magikarp Sub was pretty funny.

i hated this episode it was so dumb and i really thought that Cresselia would VS Darkrai!. it was more like when they were battling you had two idiots running into each other over and over again...

the only and only good thing was swinub evolving, though i was agenst it from the start...

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    Though it was weird how they give us a "Phanpy" like evolution for Swinub.

yeah they do a lot of episode really if you ask me.

claimed:

Quote Originally Posted by Cobalt_Latios View Post
    Note: when I do get the opportunity to see this, I'm simply going to watch that scene. Honestly, that's the funniest and stupidest thing TR could possibly do to a legendary. Okay, they did it to Kyogre back in Hoenn, but still that looks so terrible as to be hilarious.
    But Kyogre lasted about a split second in that net. Cresselia just lay there, waiting for a hyperactive pig to save it. But as I said, the truly gut-busting moment was how slowly Cresselia descended from the rainbow clouds, and once TR's net fell on it, made of nothing more than half-inch threads mind you, the thing fell like a rock and crashed onto the ground.

I'm serious, people, when I say I actually did laugh at that.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    But Kyogre lasted about a split second in that net. Cresselia just lay there, waiting for a hyperactive pig to save it. But as I said, the truly gut-busting moment was how slowly Cresselia descended from the rainbow clouds, and once TR's net fell on it, made of nothing more than half-inch threads mind you, the thing fell like a rock and crashed onto the ground.

I'm serious, people, when I say I actually did laugh at that.
    Yeah... upon seeing it, I have to say that was... very odd. I was still in stitches that Team Rocket didn't jump out of their sub, they quadruped up there to claim there prize. Granted, even though Cresselia is a legendary, I'm starting to think that both it and Darkrai aren't nearly as powerful as we put them up to be.

Wait... who am I kidding? This was messed up. Cresselia should have just shredded the net using it's crescent blades, and then sent TR flying. 'Course, Swinub would have no excuse to evolve.

*sigh* Either you get one event, or you mess up uber physics to make another possible. Oy...

~C_L~

"But, it's been fun. I'll come back every so often, but for the most part, I won't post much."

- Cobaltios

Let's agree, if this ep didn't have Darkrai or Cresselia in it, would there be any reason to complain?

Not really, it was a typical average filler plot with Swinub's evo tacked on. I think people would have actually enjoyed the ep more without the legends.
    There really is no reason to ***** and complain as it is. No one should have thought this episode was going to have a big epic battle. It is still an enjoyable episode.

The Magikarp Sub! And it transforms!
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

And yet, the title shouldn't have been "Cresselia Vs. Darkrai."

Oh well, thank god this wasn't part of a major arc or anything and just a throw-away legend battle.

And yet, the title shouldn't have been "Cresselia Vs. Darkrai."

Oh well, thank god this wasn't part of a major arc or anything and just a throw-away legend battle.
    In all seriousness, I will laugh if the dub title is more accurate than the Raw. Oh, I will.

I mean, the episode had mainly to do with the nightmarish ability of Darkrai, and it was mainly focused on getting rid of that. The little "skirmish" was merely to show that Cresselia can overpower Darkrai if need be (in that case, escaping a net shouldn't have been issue, yet it did... damn it all.).

~C_L~

- Cobaltios

They literally bumped against one another in those glowing balls 4 times, did the battle even go on more than 30 seconds?

I honesty laughed when it was over.

why did they name it cress and darkrai
    VS- vs means to battle someone in a duel of some sort.... WAS THAT A DUEL!
    swinub evolving was great but no lead up
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

I didn't really find any parts of the episode funny, although I can see why some people would laugh though.

I did not have high expectations for this episode, and so I found it to be an average episode. Although, the title is misleading. The episode focused more on the nightmares in Canalave City created by Darkrai. Cresselia and Darkrai barely got any screentime involvement. Their "battle" was too short, they should have just kept them to a movie appearance or something. At least that would more than likely be more epic than what this episode showed.

The only part I liked in this episode was Swinub evolving. That was probably the only thing that stood out in this episode.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast