Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sleepless in Pre-Battle (572)

Yeah, this episode was alright to watch. Certainley better than nothing, but not bad for a season finale I guess.

Today, my friend made this joke about Swinub's evolution after he watched it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mega_Mario
    Well that was a good episode. Kind of bad timing for what happened to Swinub, although I guess he evolved because he learned Swine Fu.
    He just changed it to Swine Fu, because he's sick of hearing Swine Flu, and thinks that this one sounds more exicting. :P

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Eh, there's actually not much for me to say about this, disregarding the fact that Cresselia actually appears in this.

Basically, everybody has those inflated bags underneath their eyes from fatigue, but as time elapses, they're all of a sudden gone; it's almost as if they've chugged down an energy drink. Just goes to show how the anime defies reality in more ways than one.

Also, since when did Piplup become a bloodhound?! As soon as it got a smell from the real Lunar Wing (which I'll also mention that it's pointy at the tip, which is another thing to take with a grain of salt,) it leads the way, only to find a Psyduck... Bleh. At least Swinub actually gets some camera time in this, & it eventually upgrades once it confronts TR by its lonesome.

What baffles me the most is that Cresselia is supposed to be a powerful being, & yet she can't free herself from the clutches of TR... I'll admit that she is a sight for my sore & bloody eyes, but if a powerful being can't free itself from a band of thieves, it shows weakness, & other people will take advantage of this.

This brings me to the fight against Darkrai. It's really dissapointing, as it's nothing more than a battering ram contest. Even though it's a legend vs legend fight, this pales in comparison to some of the boss-fights I've been at in my FPS-ing history, especially this one, where you're fighting against a monster that literally towers way above you.

So, yeah, this is only something that can't meet up to its expectations...

Okay, so I've lied that I haven't much to say about this... But still, this is the last episode of BD; next up is the Galactic War-zone!

*runs off somewhere else*

This "OMGSUPAABATTLE!!!" should have been on Fullmoon Island, and saved Swinub's evolution for next episode.

Darkrai did not deserve its treatment AT ALL.

You don't want to know. Trust me. =P

Current PASBL stats: 12-5-0, 25 KO's, 73 TP. LVL 2 Trainer. B ref (Not reffing at the moment)

"I really f***ing hate you both" -Mozz (In memory of his awesomeness)

Quote Originally Posted by Dabottle View Post
    Is it just me or did Meowth say "I'm gay" when TR blasted off?
    AHA! I knew someone would hear that and post it...10 points me. If it wasn't for my Closed Captioning, I would figured that too.

That is rather ironic. Swine Flu...Swinub's evo ep just happening to be on the weekend of the outbreak panic? Glad 4Kids doesn't have the eps anymore or we'd be in for a BAAANNNNDDDD ep.

Xp...Let's have the Dark and Light ram into each other 4 times..That'll show those persnickety American audiences some action!

If it's any colsolation (From Wikipedia)-"The Chinese, the Korean and the Japanese are superstitious about the number four because it is a homonym for "Death" in their languages"
    Lawlz.

I watched before the US date, it was fine. I liked that Arrested Development part in Team Rocket's motto. They could have done more on the Cresselia and Darkrai battle, but oh well. and Swinub evolving that was cool. I can't wait for the Galactic battle season to start.

Great episode! I really liked it Cresselia lights were beautiful I must say. Swinub evoloving was cool, too...

You are correct about the 4Kids banning the episode due to swinub evolving, thankfully that didn't happen. So, any dub errors for Croagunk in today's episode? His Japanese voice should be heard again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chimchar15 View Post
    LMAFO why? It's not like the abilities are that broken. Ok maybe a little.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic Hybrid View Post
    Pokemon: Harem Frontier. I can already smell the ratings.

They used that dramatic music from the ninth movie during the scene where Cresselia appeared. I also like how they used that Darkrai movie music I like during the fight with Cressalia and Darkrai. I was hoping it'd be used in the TV series sometime.

Aside from Ash and co. saying they saw some kind of shadowy creature (or something like that, I don't remember the exact words) in their nightmares, I didn't see anything in the show hinting they didn't know what a Darkrai was. And I don't think the writers would make Ash and co. "forget" who Darkrai was and still give Dawn the Lunar Wing from the movie.

And looking up Darkrai in the Pokedex doesn't mean Ash and co. had no idea what a Darkrai was. They didn't look Darkrai up in the Darkrai movie, which gives them a decent reason for them to look it up now.

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487 View Post
    That is rather ironic. Swine Flu...Swinub's evo ep just happening to be on the weekend of the outbreak panic? Glad 4Kids doesn't have the eps anymore or we'd be in for a BAAANNNNDDDD ep.
    ... No we wouldn't.

That would be 4Kids banning an episode that's been dubbed long before news of the swine flu appeared that contains a current member of Dawn's team evolving. So in order to consider banning an important episode like this, 4Kids would have to see the swine flu coming in the first place. But it would also mean that they'd have to ban every episode with Swinub and any evolution it has afterwards, which they wouldn't do. Aside from the clip show episode in Hoenn, they haven't banned a Pokemon episode since the Johto one about Jynx. (The Barboach episode in Hoenn doesn't count since Japan banned it, which must have been easy for the people there to do since nothing consequential happened in it.)

Also, it'd be Cartoon Network that would make the ban. And if Cartoon Network didn't ban this episode even though PUSA had dubbed it, they wouldn't ban it if 4Kids did either.

EDIT: I forgot, they did ban that D/P clip show episode as well.
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 9th May 2009 at 6:23 PM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Xp...Let's have the Dark and Light ram into each other 4 times..That'll show those persnickety American audiences some action!

If it's any colsolation (From Wikipedia)-"The Chinese, the Korean and the Japanese are superstitious about the number four because it is a homonym for "Death" in their languages"
    Lawlz.

So that's why everyone was up in arms about the entire AG series having a group of four travellers...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

This eposide was ok but it was boring XD
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Aw that Cressila/Darkrai 'battle' was lame. D:

I was like half asleep watching this episode, but towards the end I woke up just to watch it.

I did like how Swinub was trying to take out TR, and couldn't ..and Hikari got all teary eyed and told him to stop. (: So cute! And Swinny evolved! (: I was like "YAY! bye bye roketto-dan!"

But yeah, it was a pretty cool episode, with Satoshi's dream and all. And Cressila looked so pretty flying through the sky. I just wish they did at least a bit more with that battle. It wasn't even a battle. o:

I am so dissapointed, but they had to evolve the 'nub..... I hope that the Mamo episode is better.

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

AHA! I knew someone would hear that and post it...10 points me. If it wasn't for my Closed Captioning, I would figured that too.

Lawlz.
    yeah i found that funy.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

This episode really makes me wonder how much time passes between episodes.
    In the last episode, Ash and friends just made it to Canalave City, Team Rocker
    blasted off, move on. Now, they arrive at the gym and the guy tells them he
    hasn't gotten a good night sleep in ages. We know Team Rocket was causing
    this, we just saw them, so how long did it take them to move across an island?

Apparently long enough for TR to build that machine, and deprive the people of
    sleep for weeks.
    FC - 4339-3819-1503
    Safari Type is Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Kamex View Post
    ... No we wouldn't.

That would be 4Kids banning an episode that's been dubbed long before news of the swine flu appeared that contains a current member of Dawn's team evolving.
    Xp..I know, I know..It was a joke...(*Snickers* I cut your post down too. Sorry 'bout that)

Anyways..this is the last DP ep before we go to Galactic Battle? I wonder if CN will have any kind of marathon or anything. I thought they did something back with the Battle Frontier thing.

This episode was great. It was quite funny when Jenny said “It’s arresting time!” It was cool to see a Cresselia. IMO, it vaguely resembles a Milotic to me. Also cool to see Dawn’s Swinub evolve into Piloswine.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;598; ;635;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Something about this episodes makes it worth while to see but for some reason it feels like if it was rushed or wasn't planned out to perfection.

@Kenpachi
    Come to think of it, it does feel like they lack time in between episodes =/

At first, in the beginning, I thought the Gym leader assistance was the Gym Leader =D

TR Mech: Its been a while since I saw that Magikarp Sub but 'Whoa', they tricked it out and made it so it can travel by land =O I was seriously surprised from that.

Cresselia was a beaut to see. Very Lunar like. =) Hooray on Swinub evolving.

I was expecting an epic battling between Darkrai and Cresselia but like I said, I feel like they didn't plan this out well.... They should had made this a 2 part episode because this is the last Battle Dimension series.

I give it a 5/10 but seeing some good surprises brings it to a:

7/10

Bring in the Galactic series.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/jb1rmh.jpg[/IMG]
    I claimed Ponyta

I customized these

Quote Originally Posted by Kenpachi View Post
    This episode really makes me wonder how much time passes between episodes.
    It changes depending on which episodes you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by spyroflame0487
    Xp..I know, I know..It was a joke...
    ......... Oh good, then...

(*Snickers* I cut your post down too. Sorry 'bout that)
    It's okay, you made up fo that by telling me you were joking.

Okay, that was a joke too, but yeah, it really is okay. Now that I think about it, what you quoted was all I really had to say...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Before I watched this episode, some guys had told me that it was bad and disappointing, so I was eager to check it out on my own and form my own opinion.
    Reading all your neagtive comments sure makes we wonder what in the world was so bad about this episode??
    To be honest, I really liked it.
    Alright, I've got to admit that the expected epic battle between Darkrai and Cresselia couldn't live up to my expectations as it was not particularly impressiv. And I do agree with Luna Tiger that the episode would have been better if it had consisted of two parts. But well, we can't change that fact now, so, I suggest we better concentrate on what we've got:

What I liked most were the somewhat creepy and well done surroundings. Especially the caves and Cresselia's shrine on Full Moon Island thrilled me. The writers really did an excellent job here!

What bugged me, however, was the fact that Cresselia, although looking powerful and more graceful than Milotic, couldn't hold its own against a ridiculous Team Rocket net...
    I mean, it's supposed to be a legendary Pokemon and can neither defend itself nor rescue other people?!
    If anything, THIS should give you reason to complain rather than the too short battle at the end. If Cresselia isn't presented as a worthy legendary, how are we supposed to expect an epic battle then?

Did you notice Jessie's short funny remark during their first blast off when she demanded at least more screen time? lol, that was hilarious if you ask me

Yes, DARKRAI. Short though its appearance may have been but it was still enough to thrill me once more (after its great role in movie 10) as it'll always be one of my favorite Pokemon. I swear, I'd do anything and give it all I've got to capture this Pokemon and to have it in my team if I were a real Pokemon Trainer as Darkrai, besides several others, is the epitome of an epic Pokemon.

Well, you may say that this week's episode didn't knock your socks off and you're partly right. But, in my opinion, it's unfair to run the episode down the way some of you did.
    The longed-for battle was too short indeed, but I think it's only due to the fact that in the aforesaid Full Mond Island-scene Cresselia wasn't presented as strong as we had probably expected.

This time I'm awarding
    7 out of 10 points

That was it, the great, fantastic, and excellent 11th season. I'm really looking forward to the start of season 12 next week and the new opening in particular.
    All's well that ends well.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

I normally don't pay attention to the Pokémon voices that much, but as I mentioned earlier, what was the point of repalcing Piloswine's voice for almost the same thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    Swinub's battle time and evolving seen didn't due me much either because ever since the swine flu craze going on, whenever I see Swinub and its evolved forms, it reminds me of the disease straight away.
    That has to be one of the dumbest things you have said. A fictional battle was less exciting because of a disease? Wow, just wow.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

I'm kind of disappointed...

I knew Cresselia and Darkrai both appear in this ep, so I had very high expectations.
    I wanted an epic battle scene packed with action, but the actual thing wasn't anywhere even close to that.

Team Rocket wasted wayyy to much screen time. So did Swinenub (although I'm not against its evolution in any way).

It also seemed ridiculous how a legendary Pokemon like Cresselia was owned by a simple TR net. Wow.

The battle between Cresselia and Darkrai was too short as well, and Darkrai sort of.... got owned too easily. How disappointing. I don't even think it used a noteworthy attack. This reminds me of Doc Brock when TR suddenly ran into a Zapdos.... This is like an insult to the legendary status!
    That and how when Darkrai popped up I almost expected it to yell "OMFG HI ASH!!!"

Anyway. Disappointing episode, but slightly better than the average ep.

Yaaaay my first sig! x3

Still. Hating. High school.
    Still. No. DS.

</3
    RAWR

I don't think it was a battle. I think it was a date, and Cresselia was annoyed because Darkrai showed up early. That was kind of a "yes, dear" sneaking off that he did.

(Okay, probably not, but it makes the lameness of the battle a bit more palatable.)
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

What a week to be here! Season Finale Time!

Screw the law! Jenny needs her beauty sleep!

How unfortunate that Croagunk can't insert a sickly "In your dreams" comeback right about now.

This is why I don't buy Gypsy crap.

If that machine is God, then I'm quitting.

Leave the sniffing to us folk with nostrils, Piplup.

About time you resurrected, Pokemon Jesus.

She was shot down for you sins.

TR really souped up that karpmobile. Poured soup all over it?

Let's not be silly guys. Swine containment doesn't work. You do not want the WHO all over ya.

That pork butt's boiling my blood(high cholesterol)! Dont make me go Egypt on you!

Piloswine: You'll never know a better tasting hump of ham. Eat it before it becomes stringy elephant meat!

Why hasn't Darkrai crawled back into the shadows yet?
    A DUKE IT OUT IN UNDER A MINUTE? ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!

Oh, it's a dance off (Fantina will decide if I'm sane). Darkrai always did have two left leg spikes.

Because of the Moon God we have the miracle of wet dreams, passing out, and snoozing instead of doing our work! Praise the Moon God! Bow down before her! Also burn sacrifices at a local communion of your choosing. ALL HAIL MOON GOD! ALL HAIL!

"Where is Cresselia going?"
    "Probably some place we've never even heard of."
    The atheist response.

6/10 I didn't hate this nearly as much as I should. Reasons? 1) Cranky Jenny 2) The Karp scaled a cliff 3) TR knocked our lord and saviour down to size (how often do these 3 do that to a legend?) 4) Manually beat the stuffing out of a swine. 5) Jessie's mad delight at Pika's pain 6) A fresh pair of tusks means THINGS WILL BE GETTING GORY AROUND HERE. Glad to have another Donphan in the team. So many episodes wouldn't be passable if not for the small things.

That was an ok episode but not really as good for the season finale. Swinub evolving was good though and I liked the use of the lunar wing being used as well. Apart from that it was a bit disapointing

Anime "season finale" don't really matter since the plot is ongoing.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast