Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

Hybrid View

Default Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

So along came GSC. Johto. Such aesthetically pleasing beasts as Houndoom, Espeon, Sneasel, to name a few. Day and night. Breeding. Kept us going for ages.

Then came RSE. Hoenn. The competition was blown wide open with unique types and ablities, not to mention power in general (many useables such as Salamence, Swampert). Day and Night, however was taken away, as was 186 Pokemon, and all that came after the Elite 4 was the Battle Tower (before Emerald).

"I miss Johto"
    "Johto remake plz"
    "Bring on 4th gen"
    etc.

Munchlax.
    Weavile, Perap, Bonsly.

Along came DP. Day and Night wahoo. New Pokemon wahoo. 3D wahoo.
    Storyline = wtf. Is there one?! Time...Space....something about the universe, what, WHAT?!
    Dex = wtf. 493 creatures, 150 odd are actually obtainable before the Elite 4. And after the Elite 4, as if by magic, a little radar makes them appear and there's not much point in using them anyway. New beasts that have been created aren't even available until Platinum (Mamoswine, Gallade and the like).
    Everyone's team consists of starter, Staraptor, Lucario, Luxray, Roserade and Floatzel (on average).
    There really are few notable competitive battlers this gen apart from the starters and new evos. Bastiodon, Rampardos, Lucario....uummm...?

So who misses Hoenn?!

Hoenn's not that old...
    I actually prefer Sinnoh over Hoenn. And FYI I have none of those pokemon on my team except for my starter. Lucario, Rampardos and Bastiodon aren't the strongest pokemon, either.

For me? I don't miss Hoenn. If I did, the only reason would be Latios and Rayquaza.
    ~.:A Perfect Circle:.~

Currently looking for someone who'd make me a sweet banner!

I don't miss the 3rd gen cause I actually play it more than I do the 4th gen. I don't have any issue with the 4th gen other than the new evolutions (which I can't stand) and changing certain moves such as Shadow Ball and Sludge Bomb from physical to special attacks and vice versa, it makes things quite confusing. I also don't think it even makes any sense that Sludge Bomb became a special attack.

Bastiodon and Rampardos are NOT useful competitively. They're both very slow and their typing/other stats don't help to compensate.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

I don't really miss it...It was my least favorite gen.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

I do. The 4th generation stinks, because shinies are a LOT more common, the new evolutions are pathetic, (Probopass? I mean really...) the people are big-headed and tiny bodied (you can barely see their bodies) and everything is way too slow. Also, they took out Dive! They had NO REASON to remove that. There is less water, but you should still be able to go underwater to find a certain Pokemon or get the little treasures. They also put it on the DS because they wanted people to use the bottom scree which serves no purpose because everything can be done on the top screen.

But look on the bright side, Weavile is pretty cool, I like Saturn he's cool too, and they did bring back day and night, but 4th generation still cannot simply top Hoenn. Now I feel like having a steak forno reason.

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    They also put it on the DS because they wanted people to use the bottom scree which serves no purpose because everything can be done on the top screen.
    Lies.
    They put it on the DS cause the DS was the most advanced hand-held Nintendo has thus far. :/
    They ALWAYS put the new games onto the new systems.

RSE sucked. So much backtracking and the damn rebattle phone system. SO MUCH SPAM
    And you couldn't control who you could fight.

Third gen, I have nothing against, but RSE/Hoenn failed for me.

They ALWAYS put the new games onto the new systems.
    Exactly. If you have an old system and a new game comes out on a new system, you are going to want to buy the game, so then you will have to buy the new system. Basic marketing actually.

Anyway, back on topic...

RSE sucked
    Couldn't agree with you more.

Third gen, I have nothing against, but RSE/Hoenn failed for me.
    Again, couldn't agree with you more
    "Dancing is my obsession. My Life"

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1024-9785
    Friend Safari is Bug
    Beautifly, Combee and Pinsir

3DSXL Friend Code: 0920-1750-8020
    Friend Safari is Bug
    Masquerain, Paras and Pinsir

PM and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    I do. The 4th generation stinks, because shinies are a LOT more common, the new evolutions are pathetic, (Probopass? I mean really...) the people are big-headed and tiny bodied (you can barely see their bodies) and everything is way too slow. Also, they took out Dive! They had NO REASON to remove that. There is less water, but you should still be able to go underwater to find a certain Pokemon or get the little treasures. They also put it on the DS because they wanted people to use the bottom scree which serves no purpose because everything can be done on the top screen.
    This.

To this day I'm still questioning everyone about where the HELL dive went. That was one of my all time favorite things from Hoenn. As much as I LOVE 1st and 2nd gen, I was most impressed with the R/S/E games. I had never put so much effort and time into catching everything, exploring.

And let's not get into secret bases. The 4th gen ones are PATHETIC compared to the Hoenn ones. I spent so much time finding the perfect one and then filling it up with everything.

Hoenn might not be that old, but I'm dying for a remake.

You cannot really miss R/S/E because every R/S/E cartridge, except bootlegs, saves fine.

You can miss G/S/C or R/G/B/Y because the internal battery can run dry and bring the save file with it. That's not the case with R/S/E

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    You cannot really miss R/S/E because every R/S/E cartridge, except bootlegs, saves fine.

You can miss G/S/C or R/G/B/Y because the internal battery can run dry and bring the save file with it. That's not the case with R/S/E
    There is the possibility of giving it away to a little brother or cousin or selling it since the new generation came out. Some people think that when a new generation comes out, it makes the previous ones useless.

Claimed Pokemon: Slowbro
    Paired with: SuppYo

Quote Originally Posted by Yo Shee View Post
    There is the possibility of giving it away to a little brother or cousin or selling it since the new generation came out. Some people think that when a new generation comes out, it makes the previous ones useless.
    If they think previous generations as useless, then they can't really miss it afterwards.

Chaos Rush: IMO, the best game to end the generations with would be Platinum (But still make a G/S, and prefferably C remake as well) because it has the 493 Pokémon, it has Battle Frontier, it has a lot of minigames to play if you finished the game, it has contests, it has Wi-Fi, etc.
    Last edited by Pingouin7; 10th December 2008 at 11:58 PM.

Angry ignorant fool

*sighs*
    I may have four of those pokemon, but that's because of what my team always is
    starter, first flying, other random pokemon, main legendary, and the rest is just discerned by, well, I only had a full team lately. I chose leafeon because it's my favorite, and roserade because I found a budew in eterna forest and since then it became a part of my getting through the game team, so although it's because some people have no imagination I'm not one of them, it's tradition and my idea
    also, if you can't tell what the story is, stop blaming nintendo for your ignorance
    the creatures, hoenn took away a lot too, now you just have to see all 150 to get the 493dex, the pokeradar catches pokemon where they are, and some pokemon can get away, but the pokeradar freezes them, so the trainer can get them, also, all pokemon that aren't event legendaries are obtainable before platinum, you're just proving my theory that you're an idiot
    and yeah there are a few bad things, like night and day having no effect whatsoever outside of policemen, but you've got your emerald, and it's the second latest game to come out, plus it's still in stores
    you should be missing G/S/C because those games have so much that wasn't in the games yet, and you actually lose some things from the game, there's so much that you're to stubborn to realize so stop doing so in a place where people actually play the games while awake, there's so many other things I could say but I won't
    my FC is 2064 8570 2074m but I don't do a lot of Wi-Fi stuff
    I am a semi-grammar nazi, yet I have a habit of Capitalizing words that don't need to be Capitalized.
    I wait in the depths for the return of the Non-Competitive Trainer's Hangout Ultimate Journey. Time is not important.
    Quote Originally Posted by EternalSword7 View Post
    As for breeding; unless you chain-breed max IVs onto a pokémon, you're basically throwing darts with a blindfold on at a dart board that isn't there.

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster001 View Post
    *sighs*
    I may have four of those pokemon, but that's because of what my team always is
    starter, first flying, other random pokemon, main legendary, and the rest is just discerned by, well, I only had a full team lately. I chose leafeon because it's my favorite, and roserade because I found a budew in eterna forest and since then it became a part of my getting through the game team, so although it's because some people have no imagination I'm not one of them, it's tradition and my idea
    also, if you can't tell what the story is, stop blaming nintendo for your ignorance
    the creatures, hoenn took away a lot too, now you just have to see all 150 to get the 493dex, the pokeradar catches pokemon where they are, and some pokemon can get away, but the pokeradar freezes them, so the trainer can get them, also, all pokemon that aren't event legendaries are obtainable before platinum, you're just proving my theory that you're an idiot
    and yeah there are a few bad things, like night and day having no effect whatsoever outside of policemen, but you've got your emerald, and it's the second latest game to come out, plus it's still in stores
    you should be missing G/S/C because those games have so much that wasn't in the games yet, and you actually lose some things from the game, there's so much that you're to stubborn to realize so stop doing so in a place where people actually play the games while awake, there's so many other things I could say but I won't
    Get over yourself dude, just because you are a G/S/C die hard, doesn't mean you have to be a troll on a thread where there could be speculation or just thoughts of having another remake. I liked 2nd generation, and I admit I didn't like 3rd for a while after 4th came out, but then 5th came out and I realized how much I missed it. I'm even playing through emerald right now, but does this thread really provoke hostility in you enough to be an ignorant person? Yeah. It needed to be said

Credit goes to Fire_Paw from Virawl's Art Shop : D

Exactly. How can you miss it? It is barely 5 years old, in R/S case, while Emerald is 3 years old.

With that aside, R/S/E is tied for second favorites with D/P, while FR/LG are the best games ever! =) Just the weak gyms and E4 put me off, but then the slowness of D/P and a weak E4 also put me off =(
    Last edited by foxyman1167; 11th December 2008 at 1:02 AM.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Quote Originally Posted by foxyman1167 View Post
    Exactly. How can you miss it? It is barely 5 years old, in R/S case, while Emerald is 3 years old.

With that aside, R/S/E is tied for second favorites with D/P, while FR/LG are the best games ever! =) Just the weak gyms and E4 put me off, but then the slowness of D/P and a weak E4 also put me off =(
    Hoenn is my favourite because it was my first pokemon game. Thats it for me
    Thunder Ghouls is getting low on members and we could use your support. Join us
    FC for Trading and Battling:2666 3899 5906
    Name: Azukan(happyface) Record: 3W-8L
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/344uwsj.gif[/IMG] I have alot of bred Deinos. They need homes.

My Best Friend Pokemon: Smashy Gorebyss Honchkrow     Spoiler:- Credits:

However, if you're an idiot and did the cloning trick wrong with Emerald, then you may miss...your file.

I don't see why it's such a big fuss because the graphics aren't that horrible/memorable, no real ups from the previous generation that the fourth hasn't remedied (except for a GSC remake), and whatever else was stated by countless other people that have posted and I'm sure will post unless this thread is closed.

~@};-

Miss R/S/E? Then go play it. Sometimes I wish Pokemon ended with 3rd gen, and that Emerald would be the final Pokemon game. I love 3rd gen, its my favorite. But I don't miss 3rd gen because its still there.
    HOW TO HEAR KYUREM'S CRY IN REAL LIFE:
    1. Blow your nose

i dont really miss it at all, in fact its my least favorite region (apart from that pokemon ranger crap.) i never really liked the storyline and the new pokemon never really struck me as amazing (i mean cmon with the Kanto and Johto leagues out of the way, what is left to show, u just cant beat the classics!!) BUT... i loved double battles a lot and wished their was more. and the new attacks and abilities wer WAY kool so i think hoens okay i guess...
    GO REDSOX!!!!GO PATRIOTS!!!!GO CELITICS!!!!

Bros wit black-belt blaziken!!!

Honestly, I don't really miss it. But its hasn't been that long. But say, 3 years from now when we have the 5th gen I'll probably miss it.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Phoenix View Post
    Honestly, I don't really miss it. But its hasn't been that long. But say, 3 years from now when we have the 5th gen I'll probably miss it.
    greetings from 2012.
    lol. 3rd gen was my favorite. loved hoenn, and loved r/g remakes.

Mew_ made this

Hard to miss something that you still have access to, but when they decide to fully cut off links here, then yes, I would miss it.

I actually do like the starters (Swampert FTW!), legendaries (Chasing down a Lati, Using Braille to find Regis and of course the chance to get all three of the Weather Trio) and the many Water Types, however useless some of them are. The many water routes (God damn caves in D/P/P) and of course the Original Contest!

The only real problem was the underleveled Gyms and Elite 4, that was it. Hoenn threw something new, and I feel that it is rather underrated to what it actually bought, a more complex metagame!
    The mighty Monotype Water Team!

I miss it because of lugia and red gyarados

pwns all.
    omg its pwnies

Spoiler:- credit:

Quote Originally Posted by dragon_master_lucky View Post
    I miss it because of lugia and red gyarados
    It's about Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald-not Gold, Silver, or Crystal.

~@};-

I miss r/s/e alot they had the most memories, when i first started playing the games, i hope that there is a 3rd gen remake. (but it might get hectic 0.o)
    I'm Back!!!
    FC is 4656 6891 6580

The 3rd gen is by far the worst gen IMO and how can you miss it? It's not even that old. The only thing Emerald is any good for is the Battle Tower and cloning. Nuff said.
    Sig Currently Under Construction

Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast