Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

This was defiantly one of the better games in the series. I really do hope they do a remake! I loved going to Fallabor town and trying to find all the different Spinda patterns. So cute! I really liked the pokemon from this generation too.

Spoiler:

I really miss it after selling my Ruby version and my other GBA games.

I sold them back in like 10th grade, and I remember my mom telling me, "You're going to regret selling those".

Damn she was right. So remember to listen to your parents, folks.
    Last edited by ebevan91; 17th February 2012 at 5:44 PM.
    FC: 1779-0800-2195
    My friend safari: Noibat, Gabite, Druddigon

I remember these games, those were really happy days when I used to play the both of them and they really have been a part of my childhood. Definitely I missed them and I have to admit, they really were great. In fact, it was during this gen in which I really got myself into the series.

I miss it a lot, I can't play the games anymore since the battery died. I will always remember my first Kyogre and the epic showdown between Raquaza, Groudon, and Kyogre. Sweet memories of my beating the Elite 4 an the Gym Leaders. I will never forget the countless hours of playing the slots in the Emerald Game.

All credits for BT's Army Against Arrogance Banner goes to Brutaka.
    All Credits to Black Terminator's Region Express banner goes to Sworn Metalhead

I really miss RSE and Hoenn... My favorite water starter and favorite gyms were in this Generation... All my RSE games ran out of battery so I can't even play them anymore, plus since they are on GBA I'm very resistant to play them again even if I do change the battery.

I never really got into it. I got emerald long after I'd played platinum and HGSS ( I missed out on 3rd gen whilst I was in my hormonal 'ALL I CARE ABOUT IS BEING COOL AND BOYS' stage). And although I really enjoyed it, the graphics annoyed me, I guess because I was used to DS graphics and having a dual screen.

I do want them to remake it because I think I will love it once its up to date. I really think it has potential to be one of my favorite games in the series.

Name: Pinky
    Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage

19/08/2012 - First time I've completed the Dex since 1999.

I don't use uber Pokemon , I don't calculate stat values, I don't use cheating devices, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature. (Started by Tyranitar)

A remake would be really cool, I did certainly enjoy it.

I miss the 3rd gen, and I do want to see a remake/re-release. It had a great storyline, and was my personal favorite besides 2nd gen.

The goats are wise! Eat everything, climb everything. And if something kicks you, kick it back!
    Tumblr | Reborn | League

In a way I do miss the extensive Diving we used to be able to do in the games. Unlike later Generations, we could use Dive in many areas of the RSE games, and collect so many more items.
    "Heart + Determination + Perserverence = Success" ™

My Philosophical quote on goals and dreams.

I really really really hope that they remake the 3rd gen. Cause look what it gave us. It gave us some of the most used pokemon in competative battling. Gave what i believe is the most entertaing story line. TWO enemy teams, and many many other things we enjoy.
    Strong Pokemon, Weak Pokemon. That is a foolish declaration. Skilled Trainers win with their favorites.

Current Black Team All LV 100

Salamence>Dragonite

Since I still have Ruby and play it from time to time, I don't really miss it. But I DO miss it being new. That first run through any region is awesome, but after you've gone everywhere there is to go and have caught all the Pokemon, it's not quite the same.

Hoenn was a great region and brought a lot of firsts for Pokemon. And I personally enjoyed the music! It also introduced more Dragon-type Pokemon, thankfully! In Gen. 1, all we had were Dratini, Dragonair, and Dragonite. Then Gen. 2 only gave us Kingdra! It was nice to see some more Dragons around, and Ghosts too!

As great as a remake of R/S/E would be, I don't think it will happen...at least anytime soon. I think the main reason Gen. 1 and 2 were remade was because the original versions weren't compatible with Gen. 3. And since Gen. 3 can still carry into the current Gen. 5, there's no reason to remake them yet. Plus, the Legendary Pokemon of R/S/E were obtainable in HG/SS, so I think that's a hint that we won't be seeing a Gen. 3 remake in the near future.
    "Believe in yourself and create your own destiny. Don't fear failure." - Only Toonami
    -----
    My Pokemon Teams
    -----
    White 2 Team:
    Black Team:
    SoulSilver Team:
    Platinum Team:
    Diamond Team:
    FireRed Team:
    Ruby Team:

I can always start up my R/S/E. I would love to see Hoenn return though.
    I claimed Machoke in the Official Claim a Pokémon thread.
    And I unofficially claim Shizui/Marlon and Brawly.

The storyline really was very good

I felt like the region was mapped out quite nicely as well. The region itself looked decent for the time it came out. And it had my favorite batch of pokemon so far

An Ancient Treasure, a Terrible Price. Take the Risk, Eat the World
    (Final Chapter added 05-15-2014)

-Thanks to PopPrincess_Lyra for the amazing banner-

I miss them a lot. I still play them every so often. I had so many memories on my Pokemon Emerald, but then I lost it. :c
    Serj Tankian is amazing. <3

Who doesn't?
    Grammar is important. Good grammar is the difference between, "I'm helping my Uncle Jack off a horse." and "I'm helping my Uncle jack off a horse."
    So please, learn how to use it correctly.

Sincerely,
    Everyone

Quote Originally Posted by A Genius View Post
    Why Combsuken looks like a penis. It doesn't help that he is a chicken and male chickens are called....well you know lol

I love them all!!!
    Even though I don't have the game, I help my freind at it and it is amazing!!!
    フェージングのエコー

It was my favorite generation, and I do miss it... but there's really no reason to go back to it, it started when it should have and ended when it should have.
    If they never made any new generations, Pokemon would get seriously lame and boring, and I still think 4th/5th gen are amazing.
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

I certainly miss it. The story line was really good. I like all the generations. Each generation is special in it's own way.

they where my least favourite gens i LOVED sinnoh, iv'e got to admit the best pokes where made in Heonn - rayquaza is just bad as*.
    Last edited by wolf king; 6th May 2012 at 8:47 PM.

I actually loved diamond, pealr and platinum and the plotline was amazing! But Hoenn was great too!

"If someone tells me it's wrong to hope, I will tell them they're wrong every time. I could tell them that countless times" -Madoka Kaname

Quote Originally Posted by TheAwesomeGarchompHD View Post
    It was my favorite generation, and I do miss it... but there's really no reason to go back to it, it started when it should have and ended when it should have.
    If they never made any new generations, Pokemon would get seriously lame and boring, and I still think 4th/5th gen are amazing.
    A remake would be nice, especially if they add in new features, areas, characters, enhance the plot, etc.. It could be just as epic (or possibly more) as the other 5th Generation main games. But yes, they shouldn't let it get in the way too much of the next generation, as we're all curious to see what that has to offer too.
    "You said you have a dream… That dream… Make it come true! Wonderful dreams and ideals give you the power to change the world! If anyone can, it's you!"
    - Natural Harmonia Gropius

Quote Originally Posted by White Dark Defense View Post
    A remake would be nice, especially if they add in new features, areas, characters, enhance the plot, etc.. It could be just as epic (or possibly more) as the other 5th Generation main games. But yes, they shouldn't let it get in the way too much of the next generation, as we're all curious to see what that has to offer too.
    Yeah, Remakes would definitely get my money.
    I'd be hooked on the Battle Frontier
    [IMG]http://oi46.*******.com/jt7yg2.jpg[/IMG]

No need to miss really. Still got 4 of the main games. RIP Emerald copy
    Currently going through the 5 main regions.
    Quote Originally Posted by SazandoraIsAwesome View Post
    -ARE SKYLA, ELESA, and CYNTHIA STILL YOUNG AND SEXY??!

Wow, you got me missing my Emerald copy. And my super amazing Blaziken.

I miss Hoenn, and i think I can honestly say that it's my favourite region. Except maybe Orre, but meh.

I like it because the quality is better than in previous generations and Pokémon are better than in newer generations. Way better. In my opinion, at least..
    † I am a Christian and proud of it! Copy and paste this if you are too.†

FireRed team:
    Cordelia Nida Rai Fang Cyclone Charlie

I might help nicknaming your Pokémon, PM me!

I don't like gen5.I'm not a nostalgic freak who can't accept new things;when gen2 came out,I didn't even notice it was new.When gen3 came out,I thought "new Pokémon already??"but I tried to learn as much as possible.When gen4 came out,I was like "Cool, but evolutions of older Pokémon look ugly.Which starter would I pick?"When all gen5 Pokémon were revealed,I was disappointed.
    Oh yeah; when gen 6 came out, I was disappointed too, but then it started to revive my faith in the future of pokemon.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast