Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

Yes I do miss it.

my first ever pokemon game was Sapphire so I really have a strong connection with the 3rd gen games.

3rd gen remake pl0x :3
    Forget 5th gen pokemon, im still sticking with Ninetales and Mightyena!

As far as the adventure and plotline goes, Hoenn is my favorite by far. This generation is what lured me back into my love of pokemon after 5 years of gen 2 (for me at least, getting saphire in 2005). I don't know if I miss Hoenn, because I can always just pick up the game and play it anytime I want, but I do hold some nostalgic memories of traveling through the wonderfully diverse region that is Hoenn.

Alpha Sapphire --> Arceus is the Alpha pokemon --> Arceus is a generation 4 pokemon --> Sinnoh confirmed!!

(Yeah, get used to it now, because this is what you're going to have to put up with for the next 5-7 years)

Well i dont miss it, because i only have E/S/Crystal and fire red. the ex of my dad took my ds with her when she left my dad LOL, so i didnt get to enjoy My DIamond game as much as i thougt i would :<

Yeah, my first video-game and pokemon game was emerald on my first console when i was little!!!! (now i got GBC, DSi, etc) but i miss emerald as it was awesome even if my brother helped me! I caught rayquazza, i went underwater its nostaligic! yellows my favrouite but i love emerald too!
    Here's my own dragon's, Please Visit them, they would love to meet you:

HTML Code:
    http://dragcave.net/view/KW5mS
    my and my freinds Baby Dragons, they are currently un-hatched, if no one vists these little dragons, well, they'll die. ='( Please Dont upset there owners, who love their dragons verry much! VISIT HIM, 100% FREE, Hes AWESOME! =)

Quote Originally Posted by starliteevee View Post
    I do. The 4th generation stinks, because shinies are a LOT more common, the new evolutions are pathetic, (Probopass? I mean really...) the people are big-headed and tiny bodied (you can barely see their bodies) and everything is way too slow. Also, they took out Dive! They had NO REASON to remove that. There is less water, but you should still be able to go underwater to find a certain Pokemon or get the little treasures. They also put it on the DS because they wanted people to use the bottom scree which serves no purpose because everything can be done on the top screen.
    This.

To this day I'm still questioning everyone about where the HELL dive went. That was one of my all time favorite things from Hoenn. As much as I LOVE 1st and 2nd gen, I was most impressed with the R/S/E games. I had never put so much effort and time into catching everything, exploring.

And let's not get into secret bases. The 4th gen ones are PATHETIC compared to the Hoenn ones. I spent so much time finding the perfect one and then filling it up with everything.

Hoenn might not be that old, but I'm dying for a remake.

Also, if they mess up the remake they are SO dead.

I think they will mess it up by:
    Changing the girl (NOOO!!!)
    Getting rid of contests (Once again, bad.)
    Changing the storyline too much
    Something like they did to Cinnabar. Like, say Fortree City was burned down (NOO! That city is AWESOME!) Or Pacificlog town has been flooded. Which will mean all the cool and unusual towns will be wrecked. I mean, come on! They live in TREEHOUSES and FLOATING PLATFORMS! It's so cool!
    They will not bring back Dive as an HM. (SOB! )
    exactly, fortree and pacificlog towns where one of my favrouites and still are i mean come on, who doesnt like floating platforms and TREE houses! the bridge in fortree makes cool sounds when you go along it and dive was the BEST hm EVER to me to!!!
    Here's my own dragon's, Please Visit them, they would love to meet you:

HTML Code:
    http://dragcave.net/view/KW5mS
    my and my freinds Baby Dragons, they are currently un-hatched, if no one vists these little dragons, well, they'll die. ='( Please Dont upset there owners, who love their dragons verry much! VISIT HIM, 100% FREE, Hes AWESOME! =)

Pokemon Ruby is my favorite Pokemon game to date, perhaps even favorite game. It was my first ever game, and I am filled with such a rush of nostalgia every time I turn it on...

I hope they remake these games. God, I hope they do.

I still love Sootopolis's theme... I can play it on piano. xD
    The Will to Go On--you should read it.

Yeah, I miss Hoenn. The storyline was the best. I really hope they'll do a remake anytime soon.
    I'm tired of signatures...

I don't miss it, because I still play it. Gen II is my all-time favourite (still), but the third is my second favourite and the one I play the most. Hoenn is the best designed region by far. There is just so much to do, so much variety, so much to explore, and the Hoenn Pokemon are the most interesting bunch to me (especially since I never particularly liked a lot of the original 151, so the newer clones never really bothered me). They also have really nice designs and fit right in with the older Pokemon, while I think the later Pokemon designs don't really fit in at all, which really hampered the experience of the fourth gen for me. I get a real sense of adventure being in Hoenn, because it has deserts, lush long grass, underwater areas etc.

Diamond and Pearl are absolutely god-awful, Platinum is okay-ish, and I'll play SoulSilver because it's an excellent (but not perfect) remake of one of my favourite all-time games. But those games are just far too slow and unexciting for me to keep playing. The speed of the third-gen really helps keep me interested in battling. The only thing I wish I could bring in from later games, is the physical/special split. That's it.

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    So who misses Hoenn?!
    Though it was was asked over two years ago, I do!

Hoenn was my favorite region, mostly because of the region's design. I loved the tropicalness of it, and there's also the fact that it was my first region. Emerald was just awesome, and I really like some of the Pokemon in gen. three. I still like to play Emerald for the nolstalgia, so I miss it as in I miss the times when it was the latest game, so hopefully that time will come again soon.

Oh man, I sure do. I still play Emerald, so I can experience the same Hoenn I experienced first, but I'd like a Hoenn updated with everything since 2007. Hoenn is my favorite region, too, and Emerald's BF was a terrific system of alternate battle styles. Playing an older game also doesn't have the visual appeal it used to, once you've become accustomed to the better visual displays of the newer games.

Plus, it's a rather cut-off region. There were multiple references to Johto and Kanto in the Sinnoh region, and we even have both Johto and Kanto available to us now in the 4th gen, likewise containing references to Sinnoh. Hoenn, while a large and diverse and exciting region, was very self-contained. It'd be lovely to dive back into the Hoenn region and the Hoenn story, but in a refreshed and current game setting. ^_^
    3DS Code: 2723 9573 9029

Spoiler:- Whitman's code:

i dont i didt like hoen all that much and i havet playd a hoen game
    white fc 3353 5984 6367

check out my youtube http://www.youtube.com/user/theragin...o?feature=mhee currently doing pokemon mystery dungeon explorers of sky

Quote Originally Posted by lucario beast View Post
    i dont i didt like hoen all that much and i havet playd a hoen game
    Well, from what I can understand from that, you don't like R/S/E because you haven't played them? Well aside from that, I think a R/S/E Remake would be great. I loved the Pokemon and the environment from that region, and I think it's time for a remake
    White FC: 4169-3797-5500
    Current White Team

I dont miss them. Hoenn and RSE; goodbye, farewell, and AMEN! Im hoping there is no remake, and if there is i'll just ignore it.
    pokemon white friend code
    0647 5096 9579
    Name: Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri13 View Post
    Also, if they mess up the remake they are SO dead.
    By "dead" you mean they'll be receiving an inflamatory letter from you? Or are you actually going to take it upon yourself to assassinate "them" because you were unhappy with the published game.

I think they will mess it up by:
    Changing the girl (NOOO!!!)
    I wouldn't really worry about this one too much, May is a rather popular character.
    Getting rid of contests (Once again, bad.)
    Not a chance.
    Changing the storyline too much
    If they even touch the "story" of the games, it will be nothing but adding things like backstories for the antagonists or minor subplots
    Something like they did to Cinnabar. Like, say Fortree City was burned down (NOO! That city is AWESOME!) Or Pacificlog town has been flooded. Which will mean all the cool and unusual towns will be wrecked. I mean, come on! They live in TREEHOUSES and FLOATING PLATFORMS! It's so cool!
    Cinnabar Island was destroyed in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal, that was not added into the remakes.
    They will not bring back Dive as an HM. (SOB! )
    Once again, not a chance.
    Your extemely paranoid for some reason. Have some faith in Gamefreak for gods sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ralts View Post
    Your extemely paranoid for some reason. Have some faith in Gamefreak for gods sake.
    Isn't that a little too much too ask?
    Cinnabar Island was destroyed in the original Gold, Silver, and Crystal, that was not added into the remakes.
    Yeah it was.
    Last edited by Yellow Aura; 14th February 2011 at 3:47 AM.

vxxl36 used Hydro Pump!
    Hoenn evaded the attack!
    Missed!
    Hoenn used Hyper Beam!
    It's super effective!
    Wild vxxl36 fainted
    ------------------------------
    ------------------------------
    I'm a giraffe. I belong in the wide plains of Africa. With my people, in sunshine.
    I will shine. Hopefully I don't get noscoped. Pece.

Here's hoping for a RSE remake!!

I greatly miss Hoenn - it was a great region. However my favourite game was Emerald and so we wouldn't get a Battle Frontier remake - which is pretty disappointing as I'd love to play the more innovative Frontier facilities on the DS. But here's hoping to Ruby and Sapphire remakes
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Unfortunately I am one of those that disliked Hoenn. It had good pokémon but for some reason I just didn't like it.

Don't miss it. Cause I visit my friends there ever so often. Plus my 1st ever shiny legend is on Ruby, till I get to finish Platinum and move him over.
    I hatch in the Cities, The Bridges are too mainstream.

Spoiler:- Warcraff Shines:

[IMG]http://i51.*******.com/21jdu9f.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i52.*******.com/13zu7pi.png[/IMG]
    [IMG]http://i51.*******.com/30jrbeb.png[/IMG]

I miss Hoenn and all its water, music, and, scenery. I hope it gets remakes!

The only thing i miss from RSE was the Battle Frontier. I wish they had it in other games. A remake would be nice, though.

I enjoyed the Day/Night cycles actually.

Fight Between Warriors: Usopp vs Luffy

I don't really miss this Gen because I still actively play Emerald.

I have to say that i dont miss this Gen either, i still play it regularly and had recently started a walkthrough for it...third Gen was always (and most likely will always) be my favourite

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast