Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

Sorry, but who doesn't?

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    So along came GSC. Johto. Such aesthetically pleasing beasts as Houndoom, Espeon, Sneasel, to name a few. Day and night. Breeding. Kept us going for ages.

Then came RSE. Hoenn. The competition was blown wide open with unique types and ablities, not to mention power in general (many useables such as Salamence, Swampert). Day and Night, however was taken away, as was 186 Pokemon, and all that came after the Elite 4 was the Battle Tower (before Emerald).

"I miss Johto"
    "Johto remake plz"
    "Bring on 4th gen"
    etc.

Munchlax.
    Weavile, Perap, Bonsly.

Along came DP. Day and Night wahoo. New Pokemon wahoo. 3D wahoo.
    Storyline = wtf. Is there one?! Time...Space....something about the universe, what, WHAT?!
    Dex = wtf. 493 creatures, 150 odd are actually obtainable before the Elite 4. And after the Elite 4, as if by magic, a little radar makes them appear and there's not much point in using them anyway. New beasts that have been created aren't even available until Platinum (Mamoswine, Gallade and the like).
    Everyone's team consists of starter, Staraptor, Lucario, Luxray, Roserade and Floatzel (on average).
    There really are few notable competitive battlers this gen apart from the starters and new evos. Bastiodon, Rampardos, Lucario....uummm...?

So who misses Hoenn?!
    I miss Hoenn a lot, but your post is stupid enough that I am sad to agree with you.

The storyline has not become better or worse until Black/White

Of course only 150 are attainable before the elite four, same with the first gen, and RSE was very similar as well (it was more than 150, but the same idea)!

What's wrong with the radar? It only made it possible to get some other Pokemon, but not all the rest. There are more in the Battle Zone, and some you cannot get without trading.

And are you kidding me that you don't know how to get any of the new evolutions in DP? Mamoswine and Gallade definitely are obtainable before Platinum, but post-game.

Plenty of competetive Pokemon were added. Dusknoir, Mamoswine, Gliscor, Infernape, Lucario, Garchomp, Electivire, Gallade, Empoleon, Ambipom, just to name a few. And HEATRAN. Held #1 in smogon OU a very long time. And if they are, being new evolutions does not rule them out in consideration.

THINK.
    3DS FC (Pokemon X): 1848-1667-7668
    Friend safari is Ice with Snorunt, Beartic, and Cloyster. Looking for Dragon safaris, safaris with Whirlipede or Espurr, and Y-exclusive Mega Stones.

Shiny Chains (D/P): Ralts, Magnemite, Beldum
    Targets: Shinx
    Shiny Chains (X/Y): None
    Targets: Clauncher/Clawitzer, Swirlix, Smeargle

Well for me, not really. I got to migrate all my hoenn pokemon even though I never finished ruby. I don't really miss too much, since everything in hoenn can be found some where in sinnoh/johto/kanto. However I'm not against a remake idea. lava ruby and sea sapphire XD. Well I'll probably be able to play emerald since I'm a nintendo ambassador in a few months. And black/white is better than most old pokemon(except the repetitive thing and the majorly fugly pokemon), it's story is much better than the others, and so are the features.
    Last edited by sam40400; 30th August 2011 at 7:27 AM.

I'll update this sometime

I don't really miss it, because I never played 4d gen. I wasn't really into Pokémon back then. I did play LeafGreen later on.

Thank you, Neo Pikachu!

I do like R/S/E, but I don't miss playing it. It was really cool at first but after replaying it loads of time, it kinda gets a bit tedious. But even if I do suddenly miss Hoenn, I could still pick up my Emerald and play it again.
    Current Ingame Team

White:

HeartGold:

Platinum:
    Status: 3rd badge obtained, currently trying to catch a female Combee

To Be Trained.....

White:

Even though Hoenn doesn't seem that old, I still miss it alot. I mean, they introduced so many new mechanics in 4th and 5th gen. that R/S/E doesn't have. And I want to be able to train my Hoenn native pokemon in that way. And it's just too hard to do that in R/S/E. =(

I love Hoenn but I miss it. The physical/special split is annoying because I get muddled and Ev's are time consuming. Need remakes.

I have claimed the beast that is Shieldon.
    Credits to Geekachu for my amazing licky.
        Spoiler:- The rest of my sig:

Quote Originally Posted by pokemaster001 View Post
    *sighs*
    I may have four of those pokemon, but that's because of what my team always is
    starter, first flying, other random pokemon, main legendary, and the rest is just discerned by, well, I only had a full team lately. I chose leafeon because it's my favorite, and roserade because I found a budew in eterna forest and since then it became a part of my getting through the game team, so although it's because some people have no imagination I'm not one of them, it's tradition and my idea
    also, if you can't tell what the story is, stop blaming nintendo for your ignorance
    the creatures, hoenn took away a lot too, now you just have to see all 150 to get the 493dex, the pokeradar catches pokemon where they are, and some pokemon can get away, but the pokeradar freezes them, so the trainer can get them, also, all pokemon that aren't event legendaries are obtainable before platinum, you're just proving my theory that you're an idiot
    and yeah there are a few bad things, like night and day having no effect whatsoever outside of policemen, but you've got your emerald, and it's the second latest game to come out, plus it's still in stores
    you should be missing G/S/C because those games have so much that wasn't in the games yet, and you actually lose some things from the game, there's so much that you're to stubborn to realize so stop doing so in a place where people actually play the games while awake, there's so many other things I could say but I won't
    Get over yourself dude, just because you are a G/S/C die hard, doesn't mean you have to be a troll on a thread where there could be speculation or just thoughts of having another remake. I liked 2nd generation, and I admit I didn't like 3rd for a while after 4th came out, but then 5th came out and I realized how much I missed it. I'm even playing through emerald right now, but does this thread really provoke hostility in you enough to be an ignorant person? Yeah. It needed to be said

Credit goes to Fire_Paw from Virawl's Art Shop : D

I definitely miss Hoenn, since it was the region I "grew up" with. It's true that I could pick up Emerald and play it anytime, but nothing beats the hope that a remake is in the works. I'd love to see what Hoenn looks like on the 3DS, hear the remixed soundtrack, and see updated character designs.

Banners made by kyogreblue3!

"I'll be your dancing flower, dancing, I'll be your dancin' senorita, oh oh..."~

Spoiler:- Other sig stuff:

oh...i love hoenn,and anyone who's played pokemon mystery dungeon sky/time/darkness
    i love grovyle!
    No longer active here. You can find me at the forum below, I'm AngelEevee.

i do! it needs a remake soon cause i kinda hate the male char sprite hehe

I miss Hoenns landscapes - i know D/P/Pt had mountain ranges, a marshland, an arctic northern area, a volcano and all sorts of terrain, but i liked Hoenns vast seas and i have a bit of a soft spot for the jungle route as well

Pokemon wise Sceptile and Blaziken are awesome and a lot of 3rd Gen pokemon are favourites of mine Personally i'd like to play through an updated version of the region :P
    Pokemon I'm after: Timid Latias, Timid Darkrai
    TMs I need: TM 51 Roost, TM 82 Sleep Talk, TM 86 Grass Knot
    Items i need: PP up, PP max, Master Balls!

- best pokemon ever

I have claimed the mighty Yanmega!

Other claims:
    Song: Fight Like Apes - Something Global
    TV Show: Family Guy
    Movie: South Park:Bigger Longer & Uncut

My in-game name: Jake
    Pearl FC: 2320 9547 8378
    Platinum FC: 3953 8109 4100
    Soul Silver FC: 4684 6746 7178
    White FC: 1721 4414 0158

I miss them so much. For me Emerald is the best pokemon game of all time.
    Welcome to my lair, sssssmall tasssty morsssel'sssssss. How kind of you to presssent yourssselvessss to me, I hope you can sssstay for sssssupper......

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Started by Crawdauntpro.

I miss Hoenn, it was cool having contests and making poke block. The thing I didn't like was the internal battery

ohmagosh yes! loved sapphire and emerald! the legendaries are probably my favorites among all the generations,especially kyogre and the regis!
    3DS friend code:
    4897-6091-2809
    IGN: Magnicth

Quote Originally Posted by woot21 View Post
    You check your mail, and you have a letter from that neighbor, with a gift. And you know what it is? It's a ****ing apple, because they aren't native to your town, but you already have apple a bunch of apples!
    I have claimed Relicanth!!!

^credit to PKMNrookie for the userbar!^

I don't because I have all the third gen games except sapphire and leaf green, which I had many years ago XD

Pokemon fan girl since 1999 =D
    Raichu is #1 Forever!!!

Mmh. I'm not actually missing Hoenn since I have the game! 8-) One thing I miss are some old saves, though.

My current and FINAL Red team.
    I just can't start a new one since there are no Link Cables around these days. Requiscat in Pace! :´(
    (^ Okay, gotta admit it looks better in COLOR! )

I don't, Hoenn was one of the weakest regions IMO>
    I wish people would stop asking for remakes as well. The graphics are still good with todays standards, and the only change to the metagame since was a relatively minor one, that was by no means game breaking. They don't need remade. Making remakes would be a waste of time, better spent on developing the next gen.

Not me. Boring story, some places were too big and got me lost. When the remakes come out, they better add loads of new things there. I played Emerald and got extremely bored of it.

4th is the worst, 3rd is the best, gardeviors the one in the pretty dress.

My opinion is your exact opposite

3rd gen was the best. they should make re-makes

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    I doubt they will, they remade 1st and 2nd gen just to make it 3d like the others, since 3rd gen was already 3D like there's no point

Quote Originally Posted by mycooly View Post
    I doubt they will, they remade 1st and 2nd gen just to make it 3d like the others, since 3rd gen was already 3D like there's no point
    3rd gen was in 3D? What?

Quote Originally Posted by floatzel98 View Post
    Agreed. They were my favorite games. The only things I disliked was how hard ev training was, and that salamence did not have physical dragon claw. Otherwise they were the best by far. I loved the sevii Islands. The rse storyline was the best, and I would love a remake of it. Most of my favorite pokemon were introduced in 3rd gen especially salamence and swampert lol. If Nintendo does not make a remake, and introduce another great swampert counter(I hate you ferrothorn!) then I will wonder....WHY?????
    Please Rate MY Team
    Never underestimate swampert.
    GEN. 3 is the best Ever!

Back from a long break from pokemon! Hello everyone!

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast