Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

Ya I do miss it.....

But now that 5th gen is out plus ss/hg soul silver and heart gold I am not putting them in order but still. So now it seems old. Memories........

I really do miss 3rd...It had so many of my favorites...Blaziken, Gardevoir,

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    So along came GSC. Johto. Such aesthetically pleasing beasts as Houndoom, Espeon, Sneasel, to name a few. Day and night. Breeding. Kept us going for ages.

Then came RSE. Hoenn. The competition was blown wide open with unique types and ablities, not to mention power in general (many useables such as Salamence, Swampert). Day and Night, however was taken away, as was 186 Pokemon, and all that came after the Elite 4 was the Battle Tower (before Emerald).

"I miss Johto"
    "Johto remake plz"
    "Bring on 4th gen"
    etc.

Munchlax.
    Weavile, Perap, Bonsly.

Along came DP. Day and Night wahoo. New Pokemon wahoo. 3D wahoo.
    Storyline = wtf. Is there one?! Time...Space....something about the universe, what, WHAT?!
    Dex = wtf. 493 creatures, 150 odd are actually obtainable before the Elite 4. And after the Elite 4, as if by magic, a little radar makes them appear and there's not much point in using them anyway. New beasts that have been created aren't even available until Platinum (Mamoswine, Gallade and the like).
    Everyone's team consists of starter, Staraptor, Lucario, Luxray, Roserade and Floatzel (on average).
    There really are few notable competitive battlers this gen apart from the starters and new evos. Bastiodon, Rampardos, Lucario....uummm...?

So who misses Hoenn?!

So wait, it's not okay to bash 3rd gen because you and others like it, but then you bash 4th gen, which happens to be my favorite generation.

Oh, by the way, filling the world with land/water is a wtf plot too, you're just so in favor of 3rd gen that you can't see that.

I miss it, but not so much as to not enjoy other Gens.

Below is my party. If you are wondering how it works, please mail me.

~~~~~

Quote of the Week:

"A flipped coin doesn't always land head or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all..." - Grimsley

meMEMEMEMMEMMMEMMEMEMMEMMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEMEME MEMEMEMEMEMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEme.

I miss them so much, and I get sad when I talk to little kids and the haven't even heard of G/S/E Hope they make remakes.

[IMG]http://i40.*******.com/359mohv.png[/IMG]
    Credit to iPokemon

Yes I miss them too, I have a 3DS so I cant play the GBA games on it.

I miss my Emerald a lot. First generation 3 game I got (Sapphire came later) and the best in my opinion. My Emerald no longer works, unfortunately. I can play for a little while then save and turn it off for a bit then as I turn it back on it says file is corrupted/damaged.

In my opinion Hoenn was the best region. It was unique compared to the first two.

After playing through R/S/E many times it actually gets old.
    It has too many features which need improvement so a remake would actually be nice.
    Its not one of my favorite generations but enjoyable nonetheless.

3rd gen was the best
    3DS FC: 2036-7351-7190.
    NNID: FusionKT

I miss 3rd gen. so much that I've become depressed.
    The game is filled with so many childhood memories...
    It is truly the best pokemon game in my eyes.

Join PI Forums please! :0
    3DS FC: 4725-8278-5467 - Link

I liked R/S/E much more than D/P. The battle frontier was fun and the pokemon were brilliantly made.
    Shiny hunting on 3rd gen! 4th and 5th Gen ruined shiny hunting, so thats why I'm kickin it old school!

Yes, I do own the RARE Hadou Shiny Regirock and NO I will NEVER TRADE IT AWAY because too many people offer me the worst kind of stuff for it

It be great to be in the hoenn region on a DS/3DS game.

I miss mine, I still have the cartridges but my GBA sp's charger is gone, and even if I still had it, the battery doesn't stay charged for more than an hour anymore, and the internal battery is dead in my Sapphire.

My DS Lite is unplayable these days. Hinges broke one by one, followed by the screen's wires breaking from not having hinges to hold the screen in place.

My DSi can't play my R/S/E or my Japanese B/W games (curse you nintendo!)

And being currently unemployed with stuff to pay for, I won't be getting neither a new GBA or a DS/L any time soon.

This is why I really hope they remake them be it one year or ten years away, because the newer DS systems don't have a GBA slot, and even if they did migrating becomes a chore if you want to put your R/S/E pokemon onto B/W, you have to Pal Park it, then you have to Pokeshift (unless you only have one DS, then you can't migrate to B/W at all without bugging a friend to help you on Wi-Fi)

I honestly think they will remake R/S/E one day, because of the fact that migrating from those games to B/W is a huge pain now.
    In some situations, you CAN'T migrate.
    Having only a DSi and nobody in your town that likes pokemon would be my scenario...
    Anyway, I hope there's a remake in the future, because nostalgia *bleep*s aside, a lot of people really liked it, I know I did, and it would be interesting to see how they'd expand on it and bring things up to date.
        Spoiler:- title:

I miss Brendan and Wally! I hope they will make a remake as they did in *HG/SS
    I tried to forget you
    I tried to love you
    But I hurt you all the time
    I cant't forget you
    I'm afraid to touch you
    And I always see you cry

Erkennst Du mich denn nicht?
    Bin ich dir unbekannt?

I miss playing my Ruby. I rarely pick it up anymore because the clock battery is slowly dying, and I have nothing better to do on it anyway. I'm hoping they do remake it for the DS, it would be wonderful to see Hoenn in a 3D environment. However, I don't think we'll be getting it for a while, if at all. It was ten years after G/S came out the remakes were made, so it might actually happen with Hoenn.

But let's not get our hopes up too high.
    Winner of Best Pokémon/Pokémon Fic of 2013 in the Shipping Oscars
    Current Chapter: Chapter Ten - 3/17/14 / Current: Last Chance - 11/3/11 - Chapter 20 progress: 75%
    I survived Pupa.

According to me Hoenn was the best Pokemon region with the best Pokemon.Some of the new ones like Chandelure,Conkeldor,Galvantula are also cool, but in general, Hoenn rules.
    Lets hope you are right.

Sapphire was the first Pokemon game I really got into, I was more into the anime before that game came out (but the 'Advanced' season of the anime just killed it for me) and I could never really be too bothered with my Yellow, Gold or Crystal games.

Because of that, the game(s) are really nostalgic for me. Yeah, I do miss playing them and while I could still play them again now if I wanted to since they still work fine (except for the intertal battery dying on Sapphire), I just feel as though I am too into the newer games now to really get back into the 3rd gen games. But it always brings back good memories when I hear some of the in-game music from Hoenn or see parts of the region.
    Black 2 FC: 2967 8006 5606

Signature under construction

I miss the graphics.. I don't like the whole 3D technical thing they have going on now..

My Shinies

Current Targets: Virizion, Dratini, Groudon, Seviper

Latest shinies: Graveler & Floatzel - X - Completely Random - September 1st, 2014.

Sniff... This message is so true! Hoenn is the best but everyone plays something else! We miss you, Hoenn!

They should make remakes of S/R/E like they did with S/G!!!!
    [IMG]http://i39.*******.com/nlr2pt.png[/IMG]
    May the flame burn forever
    [IMG]http://oi43.*******.com/2mfjeow.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://oi42.*******.com/25ytxjt.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by charizard88 View Post
    They should make remakes of S/R/E like they did with S/G!!!!
    Hold on, my friend. Maybe we could see something similar in 3 or 4 years.
    I'm not speculating, but I also want Hoenn to come back. Hoenn for me was Pokémon. I hardly imagine me playing Pokémon (and I clearly remember that I HATED Pokémon when I was a little child) if it weren't for Hoenn, the first game I've crazily played several times.

Yeah, I do indeed miss the 3rd generation. I've been playing pokemon nearly as long as I've been playing videogames, starting with Blue. Ruby and Saphire came out when I was in... oh 2nd or 3rd grade I believe. Ruby, my first from that gen, also produced my favorite pokemon, Breloom~! Besides just that though, the 3rd gen had a ton of pokemon that I really liked. Treeko, manetric, sharpedo, cacnea, anorith, the list goes on. In addition, it brought on the first concept of "remakes" with FR and LG, which was completely revolutionary at the time, and a great rush of nostalgia. I just started a new run through of LG yesterday as a matter of fact XD great games~

The only thing about Hoenn in specific that I dislike these days, is the way that after about the 6th gym, you have to do all of that running around after team magma/aqua before being able to do the last little bit and finish the game. I just feel like they concentrated all of that part of the story too close together, and too close to the end. I prefer those games leaps and bounds over Diamond and Pearl tho ;O those games were... kinda terrible in my eyes. Luckily Black has renewed my hope that new pokemon games can be good lol.

3rd gen ftw!
    "Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites." -Karen

Spoiler:- CG Stuff:

I cryied when a heard RSE Soundtracks T-T
    [IMG]http://i47.*******.com/332melx.png[/IMG]
    Freed Hoenn Dragon master -

I miss Hoenn so much. Trying to beat my old Mach Bike Record on Cycling Road, running around in the grass to find another shiny Gulpin, shiny Gulpin itself, almost fighting the Frontier Brain in the Battle Pike, and, of course, breeding Dratini. Sitting here, I cannot help but remember the good times. Even now, I believe that getting Ruby was the best moment in my gaming life.
    This is Bidoof. Many people loathe it with their lives. If you are of the few people who love this little beaver, put this in your sig. Started by Earth Wolf-Howl (formerly Warrior Scolipede)

FC: 2707-2741-9594
    Friend Safari: Sunkern, Sawsbuck, Maractus

I have claimed Pyroar!

Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast