Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

I still enjoy hoenn, I'm playing through the games again. I do miss Johto though.
    My Shinies Hunting Giratina, Abra, Uxie, Bronzor, Suicune, Ho-oh, Psychic Types
    My Bishie Motoko Aoyama

My Dragons

i think out of ALL the regions hoenn was the worst. the only thing i liked about it was the frontier and the fight with steven in meteor falls
    3DS-FC: 2621-3638-7159
    Will Trade Event Celebi (ID No. 31121) For Meloetta or Genesect! Just PM me!

What is wrong with all the water?

Just bring a few hundred repels and something that can fly.

Pokémon regions are based on Japan, right? Isn't Japan an island?

I loved Hoenn. Sinnoh sucked so badly I can't describe it. Kanto gets boring after you've played it twice. I haven't even seen Johto.

I love restarting my Sapphire and playing through it multiple times. I never get bored of it. (well, except when I forget to obtain HM cut.)

Quote Originally Posted by sam_h12 View Post
    Everyone's team consists of starter, Staraptor, Lucario, Luxray, Roserade and Floatzel (on average).
    Excuse me? My team had my starter, but consisted of misdreavus, sneasel, and gallade.
    If I didn't have gallade, I wouldn't have replaced him.
    The first time through the Sinnoh elite four, I had a quilava.
    Zekrom, from dark stone
    A marvelous embryo
    Battle for ideals

If you despise chain messages, put this sentence into your signature.
    I use cheating devices, I breed to perfection, and I see Pokémon as useless if they have the wrong nature. Guess what? I still love Pokémon, especially the ones I capture, hack, breed, and/or train myself. All the extra codes and effort contribute to my affection for them. If you disagree, I love debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Saberu View Post
    Excuse me? My team had my starter, but consisted of misdreavus, sneasel, and gallade.
    If I didn't have gallade, I wouldn't have replaced him.
    The first time through the Sinnoh elite four, I had a quilava.
    Keyword is on average.

Quote Originally Posted by Pingouin7 View Post
    Keyword is on average.
    To have "everyone" and "on average" in the same sentence...
    Zekrom, from dark stone
    A marvelous embryo
    Battle for ideals

If you despise chain messages, put this sentence into your signature.
    I use cheating devices, I breed to perfection, and I see Pokémon as useless if they have the wrong nature. Guess what? I still love Pokémon, especially the ones I capture, hack, breed, and/or train myself. All the extra codes and effort contribute to my affection for them. If you disagree, I love debate.

I don't really miss Hoenn or R/S/E at all, they had nothing on Kanto, Johto (most definitely) or even Sinnoh. Granted, I would play them again if they had remakes but that's highly doubtful, so, yeah.
    Subliminal rules: how to live, how to die.

FB ~ PC ~ PASBL

Heonn Is definitely the best. It is just the most fun of all the regions. I never get bored of emerald, and have played Ruby like 10 times through. I've only had Diamond for a month and I'm bored of it. They relly do need to remake Jhoto like they did Kanto, though, it is the only outdated region. I wish they would have remade it on GBA. Right now I'm haveing more fun with Ruby than Diamond. I can't figure out why so many people complain about Hoenn.
    I love the match call so much. I miss it in Diamond.

Actually I thought everything but the E4 in Sinnoh was ridiculously easy, I relly wish they would make a pokemon game that is freakishly hard to get through, I hate easy games. Yes, dive was a wonderfull feature...now its gone. I loves all of Hoenns water. Plus some of the cities like pacifidlof and Fortree were so creative.

The only thing I dislike about hoenn was the pathetic LV 40s elete 4.
    Last edited by Rip Hamilton; 10th January 2009 at 5:59 AM.
    THIS IS WHY I LEFT THIS PLACE FOR LIKE 3 YEARS.

http://psiumbreon.livejournal.com/82372.html

seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by .Vaati. View Post

I don't necessarily miss the games since Platinum will add the Battle Frontier and the 4th Gen fixed some of the few problems the RSE games had. However, RSE is definitely one of the better series. It is superior to GSC (which is terribly overrated) and Lg/Fr.
    Rip-off. Trying to re-live something that made that game unique by converting it to another game sickens me. I'm happy that Emerald was granted the gifts of having Pokemon move (after Crystal), but I would rather have just Platinum Sprites move and not D/P ones too. The 3rd game of each set had something very special about it, Yellow had new sprites and Pikachu following you, Crystal had the girl and Pokemon move (and maybe other stuff, I wouldn't know because I hadn't played it), Emerald had the Pokemon move again and The Battle Frontier, and Platinum is trying to take away Emeralds uniquness. Those filthy Sinnoh rip-offers.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

Hoenn had its charms. It's not exactly the trashbin so many are making it out to be, for sure! :P

It did come across like somewhat of a tourist trap, I found, with a tropical flair and an emphasis on vacationing. Even the more fascinating aspects of the region (volcanic ash, the wrecked SS Cactus) were utterly spoiled by having random ignorant kids placed everywhere ranting on about how wicked cool their surroundings were. The sheer amount of surfing the player had to put up with later into the game was also a real drag. No, buying millions of Repels isn't an appropriate solution--better game design is.

Still, Route 119 was charming, and the gym leaders were better thought out than in previous generations. (Just try taking on Winona with a mono-Grass team! D= )

Since I still have the games and play them regularly enough, I can't exactly "miss" them.
    Shiny Lovers ClubChristian Alliance

PkMn Pearl: 4468 0773 8281 • MKDS: 356611 325184 • Puzzle League: 429641 119596
    Red Shinies: 4/15 ∗ Shiny Cover Legendaries: 2/8 ∗ Shiny Grass Starters: 1/4

None of my shinies are for trade unless I mention otherwise.

i feel that i played it through way to many times, so im kinda burnt out on it. if they did make major changes on it though i would play it again. and the region itself was nice, but i feel that i played it too much

Lost my Diamond at LAX airport
    Check out my game! http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=160504

Kanto is more fun... Hoenn is very enjoyable, Johto and Sinnoh make me cry of boredom

kind of. It was cool. but at least i still have emerald.
    why am I back u ask? um ask sapphire sapphrine. thats why.......

Quote Originally Posted by fire fan 888 View Post
    kind of. It was cool. but at least i still have emerald.
    then what are you missing fire fan 888?
    you still have a good emerald version so what holds you up playing it?

Still playing 3rd gen.
    Mostly for shinyhunting though.
    Apparently my signature's picture was too big after not hearing anything about it for nearly 2 years! : D
    Will be updated at some point.

I love the third gen more than the 4th. But all old things must pass away while new things are born. Even if they are kind of crappy.

I miss Hoenn... =( I really, really like it. And R/S/E games, too.
    I don't know why I miss it so much, but I just do. :L

Nahh, Hoenn was cool for a one time run through. After that, it was kinda blah. With regions like johto and Sinnoh, you can replay the game many different ways. Oh yeah, surfing for miles and miles sucks.
    Why?

Why not?

i do miss it, but not as much as g/s/c,
    simply because it's really hard to find a game that will actually save and not have a "corrupted file."

FUTURE PLATINUM TEAM:

(sprites from serebii)

Not me. I didn't play RSE that much anyway.

I'd have to say it was one of my least favorite regions... I'd only play it on Emerald for the battle frontier.
    [IMG]http://i50.*******.com/vopwtk.png[/IMG]
    munch munch munch..

Quote Originally Posted by PinkShellosDude View Post
    Why does everyone hate Hoenn so much?
    I don't hate it per say but after playing Johto (which is not my fave regin) Hoenn felt so bare and basic. In my view I think that emerald was the best but not the greatest. So to answer the question no I don't missed it as I prefer Sinnoh

"Now Count up your Sins"- Kamen Rider W

Quote Originally Posted by Clamps View Post
    And here we have GAMEFREAK EMPLOYEE Blaze Boy confirming once again that Red/Blue/Yellow/Green/ and Gold/Silver/Crystal will not be on the 3DS virtual console E-shop!

You heard it hear first, folks.
    ^ Best post ever.

twitter: http://twitter.com/SamuraiDon

It wasn't the best, but it was great in its own way. I miss Roxanne's hotness, Blaziken, Gardevoir, Snorunt, Wattson, Team Aqua, Trick Master, and Latios/Latias.
    Sprites by Arkeis, banner by Light Venusaur

Friends stick together, no matter what.

I loved the Battle Frontier...it was so versatile. But the new one looks like as if it was a toilet idea. You know, your grunting and then an idea is made.

true original diva

What I miss is the Battle Frontier. All of my BF teams are on Pearl and Diamond now. I kinda wish that I'd cloned them all before transferring them to D/P.

Quote: "Everything you can imagine is real."
    Pablo Picasso

Visit my deviantART!

Comparing GSC to RSE, you have to note a few things:

GSC had a LOT of things to do in a single run through the game. The entire plot, Elite 4, Kanto afterwards, Red. It was a lot in a single run through.

RSE, however, was quite good for the single run through, but without the Day/Night, it made it a bit less life-like. In GSC, if you were playing at midnight, it would feel like that in the game. However it wouldn't in RSE.

Then again, with a a lot more more, RSE introduced a true difference between Competitive battling and normal battling. Breeding for abilities and not just IVs (which are now much harder, especially because non of the IVs are affected by the other ones. And because there are 31 points and not 15.) As well as a limit to EVing.

There is a big difference, and because the average player doesn't fight competitively, you get the point.
    YOU JUST LOST THE GAME!
    Click HERE to be rickrolled... c'mon, you know you want to.
        Spoiler:- I HAVE DEFIED ALL MATHS AND LOGIC!:

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast