Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Who misses RSE and Hoenn?!

I don't miss it quite yet, it's too early. Besides, I've played through Emerald about 15 times, and it's boring now.
    ~I have claimed Glalie~

I miss it but i can easily pick up the game and play it again, there's no huge difference between Diamond/Pearl and R/S/E besides DS version and more pokes.

It's a Forretress, what else needs to be said?
    A video of my friend attemping to jump a fence

I don't miss it too much. I wish I could have gotten an earlier start on the Battle Frontier, cause now I'm all psyched about Platinum's and I can't focus on breeding for the pokemon I planned to beat it with. I don't miss the Surfing though. I hated Hoenn's water routes.

A good way for me to put my feelings for Hoen would be that I loved it. It was a true blue entry in the Pokemon series. Only thing I really missed was the day/night feature. Other than that, it was great. Hell, it already has the nostalgia factor going for it.

I just loved all the other main series entries more. I don't really miss it because I can still access it whenever I want to. Nothing to be sad about.

Now G/S/C is a completely different situation.....

Hoenn was my least favourite series. Because:

~ Not good starter pokemon
    ~ Boring Plot
    ~ Not very many good new pokemon (eg Spinda and Huntail)

These are just to name a few reasons why I hate Hoenn.
    Smoky
    2314-1369-1068

I don't really miss it, since I can pick up and play Emerald any time I want. Seeing as RSE was my first generation, and I never got to play any previous games, I suppose I do feel some nostalgia when I play Ruby or Emerald, though.

Maybe it'll be remade in Gen V....
    ... ... ... ... ... ...
    ... ... ... ... ... ...

Absolutely. Especially Emerald, as it is the best of the trio, but I can't restart it because it has my Mews and Lugias that I use for all my trades. I wish there was a reset so I wouldn't have to use them every single time, and thus could restart.

That post is almost exactly the opposite of how I feel, Smokybacon.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

Quote Originally Posted by Beebar234 View Post
    Maybe it'll be remade in Gen V....
    That's exactly what I keep thinking because it makes a lot of sense considering Red & Green were remade in Gen III, while Gold & Silver were remade in Gen IV.

I believe we'll see a remake within a couple years once the GBA games become obsolete in the next gen DS (which should be revealed this week at E3) and secondly, the 10th anniversary isn't that far off; however they could extend it to the twelfth anniversary instead of 10th because when Firered and Leafgreen came out, it was only on its eighth anniversary. Anyways, I enjoy hearing the soundtrack of the RSE series. It never gets old once you reach the Battle Frontier or home at Litteroot Town. Perhaps, we could see the mystery about the white rock therein. Someday...

I would miss Hoenn if it had:
    The DS Series engine.
    Team A/M were interesting or did something note worthy.
    Better Battle Music

IMO, RSE isn't bad, the ideas of a tropical region and eco terrorists are good, and I like the Hoenn monsters, but the GBA engine was crap. Even the FRLG tracks sound off, and yeah, those need remaking too. GBAPKMN is largely forgettable. Collo/XD however, are the best thing of Gen3 plot, sound and engine wise.
    Electric Type Fan.

A/M were much more noticable than Rocket, Uber. In the original games, Rocket didn't really have a plot, and were basically just normal trainers. Their plot in 2nd Gen was insanely stupid, and they only showed up three times. However, A/M had a creative plot, and you ran into them...hmm...

At the very beginning a couple of times
    At Slateport Museum
    At Mt. Chimney
    At Mt. Pyre
    At Aqua/Magma Hideout
    At Magma hideout (E only)
    At Space Center (E only)
    At the undersea cavern
    And finally they showed up at Sootopolis and there was an appearance at Mt. Pyre.
    <---Mah SS team, which is clearly superior to all of yours. Credit goes to Gladeshadow of the Dark Valley Request Shop.

Put this in your sig if you agree that Zoroark and his prevo are super ugly. (Started by GolemGuy)

Put this in your signature if you think Ruby and Sapphire deserve remakes (started by Flare 64!)

How can you miss a Gen that is still very playable? I'm playing Emerald right now.

Well, I don't miss Third Generation because you can still play it. My first Pokemon Game with Pokemon Sapphire Version and it was great. I like D/P/Pt/HG/SS, but just because a game looks cool with 3-D and all that, doesn't mean it's supposed to be your favorite game, and, R/S/E isn't THAT old. Before HG/SS came out, missing G/S/C was kind of reasonable because not a lot of people still play the GBA SP, with the DS out for awhile.

So, in short, I don't miss R/S/E, for the reasons above, but it's still a great Generation.
    Xbox Gamertag: iDeadlyPanda|3DS FC: 0602-6674-5548 |NNID: ThePandaMan |Twitter

Claimed: Chrom from the Fire Emblem Series and Pokémon X
    Claimed Pokémon:
    Anime List

I miss the Hoenn region because it's my favorite region with my favorite Pokemon. I hope there's a Hoenn remake and you get to go to Sinnoh when you're done... or maybe even the new region in the new Pokemon games (don't want to spoil anybody.)

I don't miss too much of it, it was a pretty boring plot, and had bad starters, heck the only thing I miss about it was the soundtrack :P.
    Pearl Friend Code: 4640 1555 2847
    Heartgold Friend Code: 4297 5980 4169
    Black Friend Code: 3696 9700 0725

Offering Legit Jirachis from the Pokemon Coliseum bouns disc.

I don't miss too much of it, it was a pretty boring plot, and had bad starters, heck the only thing I miss about it was the soundtrack :P.
    Pearl Friend Code: 4640 1555 2847
    Heartgold Friend Code: 4297 5980 4169
    Black Friend Code: 3696 9700 0725

Offering Legit Jirachis from the Pokemon Coliseum bouns disc.

I don't miss it at all, I'm still playing it even though i have 4th gen games.

Riki Tiki Tavi

I don't miss it, because it hasn't gone anywhere... The games still work, at least for me. Right now I'm playing both Ruby and Emerald at the same time, currently have 5 badges.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

I don't really miss it because they're still compatible with Generation IV. I do miss being able to dive though. Once they don't work with the current games then I can see how you'd miss them, but I wouldn't be surprised if they end up being remade after Black and White.

I don't miss it at all. Sinnoh was a lot more interesting to me. Epic storyline with villains who are a bit more professional and overall more land to explore.

If you rooted for Dawn during A Grand Fight For Winning even though you knew she'd lose, then copy and paste this in your signature.

^I don't miss it. I always prefer my other versions.

The plot in the other games was better than that.... Hoenn was good but not good enough.

I don't miss it because I'm still playing with it. I lost most of my interest in 4th Gen, so I've stuck to 3rd.
    Someone with a passion for video games, writing, and reading. Remember, every story has a purpose, even if it's hard to find. That's what makes the adventure so exciting.

I use what I like, and play by the Worlds rules (meaning OHKO, Evasion, et alia. are allowed). I don't care about EVs or IVs, or the community-based competitive rules and metagame. Take that as you will.

I loved R/S/E! Sapphire was my first pokemon game and i was addicted to it. By far myfavorite region, characters, and pokemon! Winona FTW

I did buy Sapphire from my friend for $10 yesterday.

Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast