Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Tales of" Club

Default "Tales of" Club

Welcome to the “Tales of” Club! This is where the fans of the “Tales of” [Series] can hang out and talk, speculate, and chat about the video game series!

The “Tales of” [Series] is a popular role-playing game published by Namco. There are many series published in various consoles like GameBoy Advance, Super Famicom, PSX, PSP, GameCube, Wii etc. So far all of the published series are as follows:
    -Tales of Phantasia
    -Tales of Destiny
    -Tales of Eternia
    -Tales of Destiny 2
    -Tales of Symphonia
    -Tales of Rebirth
    -Tales of Legendia
    -Tales of the Abyss
    -Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
    -Tales of the Tempest
    -Tales of Innocence
    -Tales of Vesperia
    -Tales of Hearts

There are also Tales of The World: Narikiri Dungeon, Narikiri Dungeon 2, Narikiri Dungeon 3, Summoner’s Lineage, Radiant Mythology and Radiant Mythology 2. (Thanks to Arceus03 for the above intro)

All “Tales of” games have many aspects in common with each other: side quests, summon spirits, recipes, equipment, the title system, skits etc. But the most noticeable thing is the time-based 2D-fighting system. A player can control one character in battle and direct that character during the battle. And many attacks and spells, such as ‘Lightning Blade’ and ‘Indignation’, appear in most of the games in some shape and form (some of the spells also keep the chants that are needed to be said before casting.) Players can also perform ’Unison Attacks’, where all of the ally party fighters in battle attack an enemy at once. Hi-Ougi, or special, powerful attacks unique to a character, can only be cast by activating an Unison Attack (in most “Tales Of” games).

-Follow the all Serebii rules
    -If you want to join answer the questions (See Below)
    -Only owner and co owner are allow to accept members.
    -Do not spam
    -NO ONELINERS! Try to make it two sentences long.
    -No trolling what so ever
    -Stay on topic
    -No posting spoiler without spoiler tags
    -Don’t steal any banners/user bars/artwork! Give credit!
    -Don't ask me to let you be co-owner, I will ask you when I see if you can follow the rule and are active.
    -No bashing what so ever
    -You can have fun and make topics try to be reasonable
    -No double posting

Due to raising of people joining and then not posting, I decide to take people off the member list who don't post. Starting today, if you don't post in the next week, I will take you off the member list. But If you tell me or Sapphire Phoenix why you haven't been posting in this club. I won't remove you if you give a good reason why. But if you do get remove, please don't post saying you want to rejoin. You have to wait at least a month before rejoin and if you get remove again it will be longer. If you get remove more than two time. you will not be able to rejoin for another month and if happen again, you will be ban for two month. If you know your going to be inactive for a awhile, tell either me or Sapphire Phoenix in either a VM or PM that you will be inactive and to when you will active. By doing this I will put a notice saying when you be back.

In your joining post, answer these questions as best as you can.

1. What “Tales of” games have you played?

2. Name your two favorite characters from any of the games and why.

3. Name your two least favorite characters from any of the games and why.

4. Why do you like the “Tales of” series games?

Once you have joined, you can make your own “Tales of” Character! This is just for fun, so don’t think it’s for an RP or anything. It just for fun and feel free to add more than what’s listed below. Once you’ve posted it, it will be added to the first post next to your name via link. Feel free to edit it whenever you see fit. Just fill this stuff out, and go into detail! And this is for all of the artist’s out there: If you want to draw your person, feel free too! Just give it as a link!
    Name: [Obviously, your name. Or what you'd like to be called, doesn't mean your true name of course.]
    Skills/Techs/Spells: [No more than 15. You could be creative and create your own too, but most spells are in the game so.. :x]
    Description (Looks): [Tall, short, long hair, blue eyes etc]
    Description (Personality): [funny, serious, sarcastic, whinny etc]
    Backstory: [The person’s history.]
    Weapon: [Axes, bow and arrows, rods, books, flutes etc]
    Ultimate Weapon: [what would be the strongest weapon. Can be made up, and give description if so]
    Hi-Ougi/Mystic Art: [ultimate attack, include how it looks, what the character says, etc. Only one]
    Titles: [give descriptions too, no more than 15)

Darklord18
    Sapphire Phoenix

Arceus03
    Raikou_fan
    Spongeaud
    Sapphiredragon929
    Zero-Wolf
    Mariku -- kitten
    Kurai
    pcstampede

Unbanned but not members.
    Zora
    Chii
    Glajummy
    Tearen the Absol
    Kana-chan
    /\ all due to in being inactive without telling Owner or Co-owner about being inactive.

Credit goes to Sapphire Phoenix

[IMG*]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/tales.jpg[/IMG] by arceus03 Credit to
    arceus03

[IMG]http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c151/rikku-thief/Marta.png[/*IMG] By Zero-wolf Give Credit to Zero-wolf

Ok let begin.

1. what tales of game have you played?

Tales of the world: Radiant Mythology, Tales of Symphonia and Tales of Eternia.
    2. Name your favorite two Characters form any games and why?
    Leon and Asch because of their cool.
    3. Name Your least favorite two characters form any games and why?
    Zelos and Stan because I don't like then.
    4. Why you like the Tales of series game?
    I the games because they are cool, fun and nice to play.
    Last edited by darklord18; 19th March 2009 at 4:38 AM.
    credit to GrovyleCelebi for the banner, come and join us.

I offically claim Cheekyshipping/ Max/Masato x Mira/Miru

I'm joining!!!
    *does an excited jig dance*

1. what tales of games have you played?

Tales of Phantasia and Tales of Eternia. I have Tales of Destiny, but still am not thinking about playing it. Currently playing ToP PSX version.

2. Name your favorite two Characters from any games and why?
    ToP - Arche. She's damn funny.
    ToE - Farah. Her skills are just awesome, especially Maximum Burst. Meredy comes in second, having Maxwell Extensions to boot.

Guess I haven't got one..

4. Why do you like the Tales of series game?
    The LMBS (Linear Motion Battle System). It's the thing that differentiates the Tales of Series from other RPG games, and I LOVE this system. It's time based, and you'll never feel bored battling wild monsters ^_^
    Also there are funny skits in the game. I like that too. Furthermore, some series have hi-ougi which are just awesome~

Oh darklord18 you should add some more in your first post so anyone who hasn't played Tales of [Series] before could have a good glimpse about what the game is like. Let's see.. you could put introduction, then some info about the battle system, then a list of released series, and so on. I could try to do that, or you can do it yourself.
    Last edited by arceus03; 11th December 2008 at 5:51 PM.

Ok you can join arceus03 and if you can that would be great as I haven't play many games yet. I like the hi-ougi but I hate the way they made them in Tales of the world; RM.

Topic
    What boss (use spoiler tags if you need two. and no final boss) did you like.

the secret boss in Tos, not only dose he use your move and Spell, he came even do Hi-ogui (one of my favorites but I forgot the name.) I actully had a spare save right before him so I can fight him over and over.
    Last edited by darklord18; 12th December 2008 at 6:32 AM.

What boss did you like.
        Spoiler:- ToP:

Spoiler:- ToE:

/\How about that battle against the Greater graymel of time where you came have someone beat with that powerfull spell?

Oh? Sekundes? Yes, he was a pain in the *** D:
    Lucky Indignation is a one-hit kill, and lucky Max has some powerful skills (namely Aqua Spiral). Otherwise I don't know how I could possibly battle him.

I didn't dare to battle him in the Hard mode. The only battles (Grater Craymels) that I didn't battle in Hard mode was Undine (didn't know there was a Hard mode at that time), Efreet, Sekundes and Maxwell. All others were done in Hard mode.

Isn't anyone else joining? D:
    Last edited by arceus03; 14th December 2008 at 4:28 PM.

ZOMG I'm joining!!!

Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Symphonia, and Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World

ToS & ToS2: Zelos - I like how he's comic relief and such. I also like using him in ToS.
    ToS2: Emil - I've played a lot of video games, and all the main characters are starting to blend together. Emil is a nice change of pace since he whines alot

Well... I can't really think of two I don't like. I like them all equality (which is really rare for me since I usually find one I hate.)

The battle system is fun, I love the Tech/artes, and even though the plots are sometimes confusing, I love the plots.
    "Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon.
    That is only the selfish perception of people.
    Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites."

Yeah you can join
    I haven't play Tales of symphonia: dawn of the new world. what it like?
    Zelos reminds me of Brock.
    And thank for arceus03 for the info, I just add in now.

No need for credits at the top
    Also I haz something~

[IMG*]http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/arceus03/tales.jpg[/IMG]
    There's the link, without the asterisk (*)
    If you want one that has a specific character in it, like Cress, Lloyd, Stahn, Undine etc just tell me ^_^

Symphonia 2 isn't as good as the original, but it's still good. You have to awaken Centarions (I spelled it wrong.) in order to wake up Ratatosk, the Summon Spirit of the old Kharlan Tree and put the world back into order. Of course, people are trying to stop you and stuff. Lloyd posed as a bad guy in the game... You can capture monsters and have them fight with you in battle, but it's a pain to get them in the first place :/

Only three of the original voice actors from ToS return. That's Presea's, Colette's, and Kratos' (ironically, Kratos only acts as the narrator in the beginning, and appears in one spot.) Everyone else has new voices. Lloyd, Sheena and Zelos are the hardest to get use too... LLoyd's makes my ears bleed

Honestly, I can go on about ToS2.

Tales of Symphonia seems fun. Wish I can play it :x

It's only in Japanese, right? Sapphire Phoenix?

I wonder what are we going to do here apart from creating topic. Maybe answering questions regarding games/anime, but as we all play different series it's not so practical.

Any ideas about what we should do? Maybe, like, creating your own.. character/magic/skills? :x

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire Phoenix View Post
    The battle system is fun, I love the Tech/artes, and even though the plots are sometimes confusing, I love the plots.
    Agreed. The plot is so full of twist. E.g in ToP later in the end it was actually revealed that Dhaos was battling to save his planet D: Poor guy.

Have you watched the animations yet?
    I'm done with Tales of Phantasia, soon starting on ToE and ToS the OVA.
    Last edited by arceus03; 15th December 2008 at 5:48 AM.

/\ I agree let create a character here how it would set out. If you want to help make better let me know.

Name;
    Age;
    what He look like;
    weapon (can have 2 different type of weapons};
    Tech/art/spell max 15;
    Hi-ogui max 3;

I do my later

You can capture monsters and have them fight with you in battle, but it's a pain to get them in the first place :/
    Yes finally I can have a monsters fight with you, cool but Sapphire phoenix, How are the Hi ogui? are they better than Tales of the world RM where it like a normal art with no cut in and such as there are in Abyss, etc and I think I know who Loyd voice actor is.

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    :x

Agreed. The plot is so full of twist. E.g in ToP later in the end it was actually revealed that Dhaos was battling to save his planet D: Poor guy.
        Spoiler:- for those that haven't play the tales of symphonia:

Quote Originally Posted by arceus03 View Post
    Tales of Symphonia seems fun. Wish I can play it
    It's only in Japanese, right? Sapphire Phoenix?
    it on Gamecube outside Japaneses and both Gamecube and PS2 in Japanese. but it fun, but the final boss was a joke. Right Sapphire Phoenix.

To the topic no I haven't seen the animations. and thanks for the banner I use it later if I can remember how to do link a picture with a thread..
    Last edited by darklord18; 15th December 2008 at 10:41 AM.

I've an idea. Say, we all (3 of us XD I really hope many more joins soon) pick our own job, i.e warrior, mage, healer, archer etc then we create our own self. Then you can put them on first post besides the members' names.

E.g
    arceus03 (Healer)

The word "(Healer)" comes with a link of our own post about that. And you'll have to make some rules about that on the first post, too. For example, spells can't obviously be too powerful, etc.

Oh, if someone wants to be a spirit/greater Craymel, he/she can do so, too. Just include information about appearance, element associated and action when summoned.

One more. darklord18, don't 15 max spells seem too.. much? I mean, there are a lot of spells already out there, so maybe less than 10 is fine, I dunno... Like, what other spells a Healer could possibly have, when First Aid, Cure, Heal, Resurrection, Revitalize is already there? :x
    Last edited by arceus03; 15th December 2008 at 3:39 PM.

Join first, read thread beyond post one later (sorry, I love the series).

Phantasia (PSP version though ), Eternia, Destiny, Symphonia, Legendia, Abyss, Rebirth, Vesperia. I also own Destiny II, but waiting until I finish Destiny. Also, I barely started Destiny or Legendia, plan to get through Destiny soon.

Jade and Yuri. Jade is just incredibly humorous and all-around a great character, while Yuri is just a great protagonist, unlike some other whiny protagonists I know (*coughlloydcough*)

Collete and Asch. Collete because she is annoying and causes you to go some of the more annoying dungeons in the game, and Asch because he is just so stuck-up you get sick of it.

Battle system mainly, especially Rebirth's. I also like Abyss's and Vesperia's stories, although the others don't seem exceptional. It's just a fun ARPG IMO.

Symphonia 2 isn't as good as the original, but it's still good
    Probably because it didn't begin off as a sequel and began off as a spin-off (actually, it is a spin-off, just the plot is a sequel to a canon game). Haven't played it yet though, plan to get it for Christmas, along with an imported Innocence.
    Last edited by Zora; 15th December 2008 at 10:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darklord18 View Post
    Yes finally I can have a monsters fight with you, cool but Sapphire phoenix, How are the Hi ogui? are they better than Tales of the world RM where it like a normal art with no cut in and such as there are in Abyss, etc and I think I know who Loyd voice actor is.
    I've never seen the TotWRM or Abyss, but there is hi-ougi You activate it by holding B when you activate a Unison Attack (pressing C on the nunchuck when the bar is filled up) If you did right, you'll get a Hi-Ougi attack with a cut it anime thing. They're fun to watch but they cause a load of TP. Out of the 16 Hi-Ougi in the game, I've only seen... 7 (4 of them were Bosses...Yes, the certain bosses use Hi-Ougi). The original ToS cast is suppose to be able use them, but I've haven't been able to trigger one since you can't control the original ToS characters (you can switch to them in battle, but it's a pain to do)

Spoiler:- for those that haven't play the tales of symphonia:
    He's a sadistic freak. Honestly, get over it. I do not get the last (very last) boss at all. What the heck is he suppose to be?

it on Gamecube outside Japaneses and both Gamecube and PS2 in Japanese. but it fun, but the final boss was a joke. Right Sapphire Phoenix.
    Yep. Seriously. The boss was... unusual. And the whole ending confused me sooo much.

Probably because it didn't begin off as a sequel and began off as a spin-off (actually, it is a spin-off, just the plot is a sequel to a canon game).
    Yeah, I forgot about that. It's as close as a ToS sequel as ToP was... (and ToP isn't a true-blue sequel since it has never been officially announced as one...)...ZOMG I'm confusing myself here x.X

I liek quotes...

Yeah, I forgot about that. It's as close as a ToS sequel as ToP was... (and ToP isn't a true-blue sequel since it has never been officially announced as one...)...ZOMG I'm confusing myself here x.X

I liek quotes...
    Well, Tales of Symphonia just borrowed the Mana tree part and built off that to make a prequel. Any affiliation revolves around that Mana tree, with a few other things (where Origin is and that entire elf village and Ymir Forest, albeit the Ninja village isn't in ToS where it is in ToP). But ya, Symphonia mostly just alludes to Phantasia, it's mostly a stand alone game

Zora welcome to the club.
    Ok I will think of a way to do it and put it soon as I can.
    One more. darklord18, don't 15 max spells seem too.. much? I mean, there are a lot of spells already out there, so maybe less than 10 is fine, I dunno... Like, what other spells a Healer could possibly have, when First Aid, Cure, Heal, Resurrection, Revitalize is already there? :x
    What I mean is that you can have up to 15 tech/art/spell total like 10 tech and five 5 spell. but with Hi-ogui you can only have 3 max inclubing the one like Luke one in Abyss (forgot what they are.) where you can do two after one another will count as two hi ogui. ok? and Zora welcome.

What was the most annoying/funniest thing that you did in the game.

Battling that secret guy In ToS and have him in a 113 combo and the game stop and saids "Please put the ToS disc in." over and over again. even after taking the disc out and putting it back in.
    Last edited by darklord18; 16th December 2008 at 3:43 AM.

Well, Tales of Symphonia just borrowed the Mana tree part and built off that to make a prequel. Any affiliation revolves around that Mana tree, with a few other things (where Origin is and that entire elf village and Ymir Forest, albeit the Ninja village isn't in ToS where it is in ToP). But ya, Symphonia mostly just alludes to Phantasia, it's mostly a stand alone game
    Ya, but I've found that Symphonia 2 is a 'link' to the two games... even if it's a spin-off. Meh, it's pretty fun to see all the similar things about the three

Awesome! Finally a Tales club! Can I join?

Only Tales of Symphonia 1 and 2

Colette and Sheena. I like Colettes personality, and Sheena has the whole Ninja Lady thing going on, which is cool. I also like Emil, because when he's not in Ratatosk mode, he is kinda like me.

Decus and Zelos. They're both just like.... ew. Alice is also one of the worst. I know she's not like 3. It's time she let the baby talk go.

The battle system is like the most fun from any games ever, and the storyline is always really good. It does a good job of getting you involved and interested in everything.
        Spoiler:- Friend Codes and Current Breeding Projet:

/\ Yeah you can join. I add you now.

Yay, thx!

I've never seen the TotWRM or Abyss, but there is hi-ougi You activate it by holding B when you activate a Unison Attack (pressing C on the nunchuck when the bar is filled up) If you did right, you'll get a Hi-Ougi attack with a cut it anime thing. They're fun to watch but they cause a load of TP. Out of the 16 Hi-Ougi in the game, I've only seen... 7 (4 of them were Bosses...Yes, the certain bosses use Hi-Ougi). The original ToS cast is suppose to be able use them, but I've haven't been able to trigger one since you can't control the original ToS characters (you can switch to them in battle, but it's a pain to do)
    You mean we can use those big cut-scene type attack things like the ones Richter/Decus use? That's so cool! I have to go try!

Yep. Seriously. The boss was... unusual. And the whole ending confused me sooo much.
    I loved TOS, but you're right when you say the ending was weird. I was SOOOO confused by the time it was all over. TOS 2 doesn't do a whole lot to clear everything about mithos up, so I'm STILL confused. @(O_o)@ I hate when the story gets so complicated I can't follow it.

What was the most annoying/funniest thing that you did in the game.

In TOS2 I keep almost getting killed by leeches!! It's the worst! They get like 2 or 3 together, and both do that spinny thing at the same time. I miss the block, and they both hit like 3 or 4 times for over 100 damage (I think that's right. It's close to that anyway). Anyway, I try to avoid them now, or atleast stay away when they come in groups.
    Last edited by Raikou_fan; 16th December 2008 at 4:36 AM.

I loved TOS, but you're right when you say the ending was weird. I was SOOOO confused by the time it was all over. TOS 2 doesn't do a whole lot to clear everything about mithos up, so I'm STILL confused. @(O_o)@ I hate when the story gets so complicated I can't follow it.
    The ending of ToS assumed that you played ToP (that is if you are referring to why the name of the tree wasn't stated?). The name if you curious is     Spoiler:- Tree's name:

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    The ending of ToS assumed that you played ToP (that is if you are referring to why the name of the tree wasn't stated?). The name if you curious is     Spoiler:- Tree's name:
    Yeah, I finished it. They named the tree Yggdrasil? Really?..... I know mithos/yddrasil were the same guys, I managed to get that (duh), but I didn't know they named the tree yddrasil.... Kinda weird lol. I need to play through it again.

Quote Originally Posted by Raikou_fan View Post
    Yeah, I finished it. They named the tree Yggdrasil? Really?..... I know mithos/yddrasil were the same guys, I managed to get that (duh), but I didn't know they named the tree yddrasil.... Kinda weird lol. I need to play through it again.
    It isn't stated in Tales of Symphonia, only Tales of Phantasia. They expected the fanbase (their Japanese one anyone) to know it.

Oh, and you guys know about this recent trailer, right: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=crRmKsFJuTU&eurl If not, well now you do
    Last edited by Zora; 16th December 2008 at 5:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zora View Post
    It isn't stated in Tales of Symphonia, only Tales of Phantasia. They expected the fanbase (their Japanese one anyone) to know it.
    Oh. Well no wonder I didn't know. I hate when the only tell the japanese fans that stuff. I've never played tales of phantasia though, I've barely even heard of it. It may be available in the U.S., but I've never tried it. Wish they'de keep that kind of info in the series instead of branching it off like that.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast