Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: A Breed Stampede (574)

Default A Breed Stampede (574)

The Way To Befriend Pokémon!?

While training in Canalave City, Dawn is finding that her newly evolved Piloswine will no longer completely obey her. Unsure as to what to do to get Piloswine to be obedient, Dawn hears of a special school nearby that helps you and your Pokémon become closer friends and allow for full obedience. However, Dawn has a massive task on her hands with this...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

Well i am not so sure but it seems that Gliscor might have learned "Fire Fang" in this episode (i will post the pic which makes me think it is) while training against Piloswine.
    Pics:-

NEWS-FLASH:- Piloswine evolves to Mamoswine in this episode.
    It also seems that Mamoswine is going to be how Charizard was to Ash in the beginning (since it seems that she called Mamoswine back into its pokeball in a hurry).

Last edited by Lucario At Service; 11th December 2008 at 11:30 AM.

If it does learn Fire Fang, then we can actually consider Gliscor for the Canalave Gym AND the Snowpoint Gym. Very odd, but very convenient ploy by the writers.

..........And those pics confirm Gliscor now knowing Fire Fang. I can guarantee it will be used in Snowpoint now. Pretty awesome.

Piloswine evolves too, but that isn't as much as a surprise. We knew it was going to evolve shortly.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 11th December 2008 at 11:26 AM.

Every single one of the Pokémon in that cage-picture looks... yeah.

...Oh well. Gliscor learning Fire Fang is epic. : D

(Oh, and Dawn HAD to call it back, seeing as Mamo tried to kill everyone. :3)

With Nando's cameo, Gliscor learning a new move that makes it useable against the steel gym and the ice gym, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.

I guess it was always suspected that Gliscor would learn an elemental fang. I always figured fire fang would be the most useful one. It looks like it also used another new move. Screech maybe, but I'm not sure if it was a move. But fire fang was.

I'm kind of disappointed that Piloswine just used ancient power just to evolve. Yes I know, but Piloswine didn't evolve right after. I'm saying they just made Piloswine use ancient power, just to explain why it evolved in the cage. I would've really prefered it using the move and then evolving, like Jessie's Yanmega, or Dawn's Ambipom.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by dman_dustin View Post
    With Nando's cameo, Gliscor learning a new move that makes it useable against the steel gym and the ice gym, I thoroughly enjoyed this episode.
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop, stop, stop. Did you just say Nando?!?!? That's it, I've got to see this episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic Boom View Post
    Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop, stop, stop. Did you just say Nando?!?!? That's it, I've got to see this episode.
    It's just a cameo, Nando appears alongside of Kenny in Marian's news report about coordinators. But it was still enjoyable to see Nando.

Edit: Sorry I meant Marian not Rhonda.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 11th December 2008 at 11:56 AM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

It's just a cameo, Nando appears alongside of Kenny in Rhonda's news report about coordinators. But it was still enjoyable to see Nando.
    Cameo's a cameo. And adding Kenny to it makes it better.

But now we can't joke around that Kennny and Nando are dead. Ah well, win some, lose some.

With Nando's cameo...
    *GASP* He's back from the dead! =O

Oooh. Now there's an excuse to let Gliscor be in the Canalave Gym and Snowpoint Gym. Very nice. =D

And... Mamo's gone Charizard. Sheesh. Typical.

I hope that Dawn takes some time before gaining total control of Mamoswine.

I dunno how you folks are thinking. Learning Fire Fang doesn't instantly mean that Gliscor is gonna be used against Candice. It still got 4x weakness to ice attacks. I'd say Gliscor will be the star against Byron, and therefore not being used against Candice at all.

Or it might be the vanguard and lose to Sneasel/Weavile.
    My Black 2 Team
    3DS Friend Code: 1349-5549-7031

Then again, Buizel pretty much was star for two consecutive Gyms. Especially the Pastoria one, despite the fact that Water doesn't work well against Water. >>

Quote Originally Posted by Rampardo View Post
    I dunno how you folks are thinking. Learning Fire Fang doesn't instantly mean that Gliscor is gonna be used against Candice. It still got 4x weakness to ice attacks. I'd say Gliscor will be the star against Byron, and therefore not being used against Candice at all.
    Think about it. How often do the writers of the anime actually follow the game mechanics? Gliscor is way overdue for some battles, so personally I'm hoping it gets screentime in both Byron's and Candice's gym.
    Last edited by Shadow-saur; 11th December 2008 at 4:02 PM.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

Quote Originally Posted by Rampardo View Post
    But! iirc, it wasnt even phased by Bunearys Ice Beam when it was a Gligar...
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

The reason Gligar wasn't fazed was because of his natural ability, Baby Tears.

Essentially a Special-version Intimidate, it lowered Buneary's already-poor Special Attack from 'Neglected' to 'Naturally Shafted' and then luaghed off the puny damage.

The Yache Berry it ate before also helped in these aspects.

I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    *GASP* He's back from the dead! =O

Oooh. Now there's an excuse to let Gliscor be in the Canalave Gym and Snowpoint Gym. Very nice. =D

And... Mamo's gone Charizard. Sheesh. Typical.
    Did Nando bring Kenny with him? haha. Mamo (Is this a new nickname we've bestowed upon him?) was nice, but expected.... And Hoary for Gliscor learning Fire Fang! =D Well, I want to see the episode NOW! Too abd I need to go to school in half an hour. =(

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    But! iirc, it wasnt even phased by Bunearys Ice Beam when it was a Gligar...
    Gliscor wasn't that affected by the ice shard either in this episode.

It was kind of funny to see Gliscor use fire fang on the half frozen Grotle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucario At Service View Post
    ...I think that may just be the worst animation in any episode of anything I have ever seen ever.

Aside from that, this looks like a decent episode, but I'll have to wait for it to go on YouTube before I make a judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Alright for Gliscor using an attack that actually makes her usable in the Steel and Ice gyms. Fire Fang wasn't the attack I pictured her learning next, but considering that the Ghost gym is now over with and Cross Poison has lousy type coverage, this is probably for the better anyway.

And Mamo evolved . . . yep. How was it being disobedient as a Piloswine, anyway? And the size of those tusks . . . am I correct in thinking that they are female sized, anyway? I don't see a Pokemon the size that Pilo was (haven't seen the new episode yet) having a voice like that unless it's meant to be female, anyway.
    PLEASE feed Farfetch'd sour (yellow) berries!

Glam Rock Jesse and James makes me snicker.
    Walk a little further off the beaten path
    And we’ll drive on even if we get there last
    Our backs against the wall and we will lunge and bite
    And we’ll rage, rage, rage against the dying of the light
    Here And Now by Great Big Sea

My shinies-

Gliscor wasn't that affected by the ice shard either in this episode.
    If the Fire Fang makes Gliscor more resistant against ice attacks, there should be no doubt that it will be used against Candice.

Damned those writers for making Piloswine evolve so soon; it's just Charizard all over again. But I wonder what Fire Fang will look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Yami Marius View Post
    But I wonder what Fire Fang will look like.
    I'm pretty sure they've already shown fire fang somewhere. I can't remember where tho... It would be so cool if it was like ice fang, shooting out of the mouth. But I think it was just a bite attack with a mouth full of fire.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

[img]http://i38.*******.com/1692n4n.jpg[/img]
    Fire Fang.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast