Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nintendo in a Lawsuit. Again.

Default Nintendo in a Lawsuit. Again.

http://www.gamecyte.com/nintendo-sla...uit-once-again
    http://kotaku.com/5108362/nintendo-f...-strap-lawsuit

Two years after the initial Wii remote wrist strap lawsuit came and went, a new lawsuit claims that not only are straps still inadequate, but that Nintendo failed to report continued failures.

The new class-action lawsuit filed by Colorado resident Molly Elvig claims that both the initial, thicker replacement strap and the third version with the plastic clasp still fail to secure the Wii remote to the user during strenuous use. Furthermore, the suit alleges that Nintendo has failed to report a single remote strap issue to the Consumer Product Safety Commission in their monthly reports, despite Nintendo support documents that prove the existence of said issues.

GameCyte has the court filing available in PDF format, along with a rather large batch of the presented evidence, ranging from the original Wii Sports instruction manual recommending the forceful use of the controller to Nintendo customer service documents detailing wriststrap issues that occurred, along with the corresponding reports to the CPSC claiming that no new incidents have arisen.
    Nintendo just has it in for themselves, these days. Even after the Wii Remotes went through several makeovers, people still complain that they fail to protect their precious TVs. My favorite part is one that involves the old Wii Sports instruction guide as evidence against Nintendo, as well as how Nintendo even has the paperwork that says they have had issues, even though the ones against Nintendo say they haven't filed reports for these issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    http://www.gamecyte.com/nintendo-sla...uit-once-again
    http://kotaku.com/5108362/nintendo-f...-strap-lawsuit

Nintendo just has it in for themselves, these days. Even after the Wii Remotes went through several makeovers, people still complain that they fail to protect their precious TVs. My favorite part is one that involves the old Wii Sports instruction guide as evidence against Nintendo, as well as how Nintendo even has the paperwork that says they have had issues, even though the ones against Nintendo say they haven't filed reports for these issues.
    >.> By forceful, it means more then slight movements.

They can't spin your wii mote around your head, the sue when it falls off. Don't they know the laws of gravity?
    Will-Powered Spriter

You can't sue over stupidity, surely?

There comes a point when a wrist strap is thick enough that if someone still hurts themselves/their electronics with it then they're just plain retarded.

Do these people lube their hands up before playing or something?
    I use uber Pokémon, I calculate stat values, I use cheat devices, I breed my way to perfection and I care about natures. I don't catch my Pokémon the way they are and I don't treat them like individuals, because they are brainless drones, snippets of data that have no feelings and don't mind being "abused". If you agree with this philosophy, good for you. - HERLS

Quote Originally Posted by Will-powered Spriter View Post
    They can't spin your wii mote around your head, the sue when it falls off. Don't they know the laws of gravity?
    No, because nowadays the only laws people seem to notice are the laws of patenting and lawsuits.

Hell, I don't even use the freaking strap, (it gets in my way, in a sense) and I never dropped or accidentally threw the remote. People must have butterfingers.

I'm pretty dang sure she heard how easy it is to sue Nintendo now, so she intentionally broke it and claimed it was accidental. Either that or, as said, she has butterfingers.

Please excuse me while I go accidentally-on-purpose break a PS/2/3 controller and make a quick buck from Sony by complaining about how their controllers aren't secure enough.

Those who know me well enough know that the last statement was sarcastic.
    Last edited by Kabutopzilla; 12th December 2008 at 9:22 PM.
    Fetilĺse sge jütěkxěyalä çät kijütěkxěyaläyé.
    I've arrived at the conclusion that jumping to conclusions is highly inconclusive.
    deviantART | last.fm | Pogeymanz
    5 years at SPPf.
    I'm Stewart Pidd, the King of Sofas!

Wow. Just... wow...

This stupid lady either has fat wrists or has hyper as hell kids that wear out the wrist straps like it was some old tennis shoes.

I still have the older straps and they haven't breaked after a year and a half of use.
    THE
    END...?

Oh come on. That is so messed up.

Suing for patents and now over a frickin' wrist strap? Fail.

What has the world gotten to?

Colossally stupid people do colossally stupid things. This is news?

-----
    Never underestimate the power of stupidity, of the one and of the many.
    Words to|live by

It isn't Nintendo's fault at all for this lawsuit.

It's idiots out there who feel the need to swing their Wii Remotes as though they were beating on a mass murderer with sweaty hands (they're swinging too fast with no grip at all).
    This is just like when some lady sued McDonald's when she was the dumb*** that spilled it on herself.
    This world is full of stupid people, and they need to die.

Some people are plain stupid.

Credit to zhanton
    Quote Originally Posted by wingzx View Post
    omg Larry is on! i can now sleep in peace knowing he is ok!

Quote Originally Posted by Larry View Post
    Some people are plain stupid.
    ^^ Agreed.

I can be stupid some times but I don't go
    around suing major gaming companies over stupid crap
    like a strap breaking and etc.

What does she want Nintendo to do about it???
    Make wriststraps that tape to your arms?

These kinds of people should get a life instead of sue over how they got so angry that they threw their wii-mote.
    Heyahowsitgoin
    Addmewhydontcha
    3DS (IGN: Luna): 3625-9695-2604

Everything Nintendo makes just has to be found and sued over by stupid people.

Who the hell ARE all you people

I don't blame Nintendo for this, I blame the owners of the broken Wii remotes who couldn't take care of them properly. I own a Wii remote with the old strap, and I haven't broken my TV at all. It goes to show that people these days can't take care of their items properly.

Just stop throwing the damn wiimotes >.<
    I've never dropped mine, and I hardly ever use wrist straps.
    Why must these pansies scrounge around for lawsuits to make money? Just get a job :/

This lady is a moron. But it isn't all her fault. There have been plenty of stupid court cases in America. There have been some where a burglar breaks into a house and injures himself, and then sues the house's insurance company. Or, even better, a person preforms CPR on someone, saving their life, but at the cost of breaking a rib. The person then sues for their broken rib. This lady probably just felt left out, and wanted to get in on some of those stupid moronic sueing cases.
    Nintendo Power is asking what games we want on Virtual Console. E-mail them at vcpoll@futureus.com and say you want Earthbound.

Quote Originally Posted by Torterra14 View Post
    What does she want Nintendo to do about it???
    Make wriststraps that tape to your arms?
    Actually, fhq and I had agreed on Wii Remotes that are welded to ones arms as being the only real solution for Nintendo. Which is probably true. So long as the Wii Remotes are free-hanging, people will complain that theirs broke their TV during a session of Wii Music, or that they whacked their friend in an unpleasant area while practicing their tennis stroke on Wii Sports.

I'm mainly glad that the Wii Zapper and Balance Board have stayed far from these law suits. That would be just below idiotic. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Dimentio View Post
    I'm mainly glad that the Wii Zapper and Balance Board have stayed far from these law suits. That would be just below idiotic. >.<
    Well you made it happen just now.

Hmm... it's stupid, but I'm sure Nintendo is not hurting right now.

Critical thinking is the key to success.

People fail with their frivolous lawsuits -.-

3DS: 1590 4683 0583, Wii:1455 7087 4777 5760, PSN: MidnightScott

I love the Nintendo 3DS, games owned: 17
    Japanese Flare Red 3DS GET! 1891 1352 3198

Attention people: You are not Link. You are not Simon Belmont. Stop swinging your Wii remotes as hard as you can.

Here's another one.

Protip: Cleaning and then drying your hands results in a better grip on the remote.

In other words, stop ****ing eating greasy foods and then handling your hardware. It's disgusting and it'll obviously make a controller fly out of your hands if you start swinging it around, thinking you're Mitsurugi from Soul Calibur, while having dirty, greasy hands.

Read the instruction manual. It clearly says to use gentle swinging motions.

3DS FC: 3222-6347-6877 | Nintendo Network ID: Tsukento

For the love of god, this ***** is trying to get a quick buck out of Nintendo by accidently on purpose breaking the strap? Now escuse me, I need to stick a plugged in DS charger in my mouth so I can sue Nintendo.

OMFG.
    What's next?
    `Um, yeah, I'm suing Nintendo because I fell down.
    This clearly contradicts the name of the BALANCE board.`
    &#172;&#172;

Some people are just stupid. I have yet to drop or lose control of the Wii Remote. I don't get how people can let go. It's not hard to hold on.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Hey, guess what? I just sued Nintendo yesterday for child endangerment because I clocked my brother on the head with the Wii remote when it fell out of my hands because the strap was too loose. I think he may be losing some memory because of it, so maybe I can get them with corrupting children's minds too. I'll make millions!!!

Yeah, this is just borderline idiocy, if not already. If you have the Wiimote, do not thrust it around to make you seem special and an expert. The manuals say "slight motions" for a reason, and I think the games even warn people of this on the load up screen when they are turned on. It's their fault if they have the attention span of a 3rd grader and do not read the damn warnings before they play the game, not Nintendo's

Morons.
    Last edited by Sonic Boom; 13th December 2008 at 3:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HERLS View Post

Do these people lube their hands up before playing or something?
    I know I do.

This is comparable to some ******* suing McDonalds for falling when there was a wet floor sign.

The sad part is, she's probably going to win.
    gone

throw a party, josh

claims that both the initial, thicker replacement strap and the third version with the plastic clasp still fail to secure the Wii remote to the user during strenuous use.
    How strenuous can using the Wii get? >_>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast