Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Choice Band Blissey can OHKO TTar w/ FP and 3HKO Heatran w/ EQ =o

Default Choice Band Blissey can OHKO TTar w/ FP and 3HKO Heatran w/ EQ =o

Spoiler:- pwnzor:

Because Choice Banders running off a base 10 attack is the future metagame of pokemon 5th Gen =o

Anywayz, just rmt. I guess I'm kinda "off" today. I can't really seem to enjoy the teams I've made(like 9 and still no magic ) Anyway, I made this team and there are just some pokemon I've been dying to use in a team so just rmt:

credit to Marriland for the sprites And our very own Serebii.net for the Mystery Dungeon Sprites

At Del Glance!!

Tyranitar@ Lum Berry ** Frost Nova
    Ability: Sand Stream
    Nature: Careful
    EV spread: 236 Hp / 56 Atk / 216 SDef
    Moves:
    - Taunt
    - Stealth Rocks
    - Stone Edge
    - Pursuit
    Desc.: KK, so its an anti-lead TTar that I(possibly, idk) thought up. So I was working on the EV's but they were too similar to Blue Ace's so I just used his Basically Taunts slow stuff like Hippo and Bronzong, then sets up SR for the team. Can pursuit Azelf and Gengar and Stone Edge for Yanmega. Ice Beam is NOT usable against Hippo as it fails to 3HKO even if I switch the Atk EV's to SAtk. Thinking about Roar over Taunt to get residual damage and scout.

Poliwrath@ Leftovers** Blue Ace
    Ability: Water Absorb
    Nature: Impish
    EV spread: 252 Hp / 6 Atk / 252 Def
    Moves:
    - Waterfall
    - Brick Break
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk
    Desc.: So liek what da freakin' heck did this guy get forgotten bout' er something? He resists Dark, Rock, Fire, Ice, and is immune to Water! This guy just screams, "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME!!!! I'M A FREAKING TYRANITAR COUNTER LOOK AT ME!!!" seriously >_> resists every move TTar ever really runs cept' EQ. Okay, EV's, lucky Wrath 252 Hp EV's gets him max leftover recovery xD that's cool. Brick Break 2HKO's Max Hp TTar fyi. By far, one of THE coolest pokemons ever, am not replacing!! And just look at that pose…… too awesome 8D

Rhyperior@ Life Orb** Reno
    Ability: Solid Rock
    Nature: Jolly
    EV spread: 6 Hp / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
    Moves:
    - Stone Edge
    - Earthquake
    - Aqua Tail
    - Rock Polish
    Desc.: The general strategy of the team revolves around this dude. Basically counter everything(lol, kinda sarcasm there) and then late-game sweep with this guy. With SR and SS building up damage this guy can soon come in and Rock Polish up to kill stuff!! With the EV's he outspeeds all 130's after a Rock Polish. Stone Edge and EQ for very very nice STAB and awesome coverage. Then Aqua Tail for bulky grounds trying to counter this guy. Very cool pogey.

Forretress@ Lefties** Sudo
    Nature: Relaxed
    EV's 252 HP / 162 Atk / 96 Def
    Moves:
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Light Screen

Desc.: This guy spins for me allowing Moltres to do her job better. It also sets up spikes which is nice since it allows Rhy to get a better sweep in. Light Screen is for helping his bad SDef and it helps the team. With my glaring Suicune weakness Celebi can hopefully take it on with a Light Screen up. Looking for a different EV spread, thanks ^_^

Moltres@ Leftovers** Kingdrom
    Ability: Pressure
    Nature: Timid
    EV spread: 188 Hp / 164 Def / 156 Spd
    Moves:
    - Will o Wisp
    - Flamethrower
    - Hidden Power {Ground}
    - Roost
    Desc.: Reno's set and really cool. Anti-Platinum is what it is. Lucario, Scizor, Infernape, Heatran are ALL countered by this deadly beast of beastlyness. WoW for fun, Roost for recover and helps get back that 50% that was shaved off from switching in.

Jirachi@ Leftovers** Salavoir55
    Ability: Serene Grace
    Nature: Calm
    EV spread: 236 Hp / 216 SDef / 56 SAtk
    Moves:
    - Psychic
    - Wish
    - Protect
    - Hidden Power {Ice}
    Desc.: wish support, weeeeeeee. Psychic for Gengar and Machamp. HP{Ice} for Mence and is more fun then Ice Punch since Mence can't lower SAtk and never runs SDef EV's.

So yah. Remember, I need you guys most now as I can't tell my teams weaknesses due to my semi-headache. Thanks ^_^

Also, no spamming, flaming, n00bing, or any of the sort, kk? You gonna go spam in a thread go somewhere else!

What I wanted to use in the team but didn't(putting this cuz I can):

DualScreen Raikou
    Entei
    Shaymin-norm
    Mesprit
    Swampert
    Delibird
    Bouncekarp

Also, this team IS Starmie and BounceKarp weak, better believe it. Rate please, cept' Rhys, he rates too much >p
    Last edited by ForteXXX; 14th December 2008 at 1:42 PM.

You know Mewtwo eats your team alive!! Credit to Blue Ace~!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Rad3n View Post
    CB Blissey Focus Punch Vs. 176 HP CB Tyranitar = 86-102%
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Ace View Post
    Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

It is Starmie weak, in theory. But Starmie's seem to be going on a more defensive role, and Tyranitar is only 2hko by Specs Starmie Surf. It should be able to more than survive everything else, and will likely feat Pursuit/Crunch anyway.

I don't think T-tar should be Stone Edge OR Roar, but rather Roar or Taunt. They both accomplish the same thing, but for different Pokemon. Set up from slower leads, use Taunt. Nullify set ups from faster leads (dragon dance or swords dance), use Roar.

VV One more thing: Shadow Ball over Psychic if you'd like to abuse Serene Grace some more. Psychic has a 10% chance to drop Special defense, while SB has 20%. You won't get STAB (and will be dead against Blissey), but it's something to consider.
    Last edited by randomspot555; 12th December 2008 at 7:49 PM.
    I'm part of the staff at Project Pokemon! Smod in forums, AOP in IRC, Administrator on Shoddy. Come visit us. Our Project is Pokemon!

^Gotacha'! So I'll use Taunt and Stone Edge instead. Understood on the Starmie thing, but now I don't really know what else this team is weak too =/ Thank you ^_^

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

Awesome title, dude. I'd go T-Bolt over Psychic on Jirachi for BoltBeam coverage, and possible paralysis. (Yay Serene Grace!)
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

I'd go T-Bolt over Psychic on Jirachi for BoltBeam coverage, and possible paralysis. (Yay Serene Grace!)
    Problem with that is Jirachi is really teh only one who can really take Gengar on. And I need Psychic to kill Gar and stuff. However, I might change {HPIce} for TBolt, but I'm not sure. Thanks for the rate ^_^

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

So yeah. It CAN 0HKO Tyranitar. At least standard ones anyway.

That Celebi needs to be faster. I'd go for at least 158 Spe evs Jolly to outrun Neutral max Base 100s. As for the BounceKarp weak; Deoxys A has a chance if its quick claw activates and thunder hits... but that isn't a real counter so yeah. BounceKarp for Ubahhz.

I'm so sigging this xD I should make a Choice Band Blissey, it'd be cool 8D the element of surprise…… I didn't seriously think it could but that's quite interesting to know xD

That Celebi needs to be faster. I'd go for at least 158 Spe evs Jolly to outrun Neutral max Base 100s
    Changed, and I think you meant Timid nature but that's besides the point. The only problem I have now is I'm stuck with the bad number 100 for defense, any less Hp and I don't get 101 subs =/ maybe I'll just go max lefties since it isn't passing. Thanks ^_^

As for the BounceKarp weak; Deoxys A has a chance if its quick claw activates and thunder hits... but that isn't a real counter so yeah. BounceKarp for Ubahhz.
    lol, yah. iirc wasn't there a war story where BounceKarp 6-0'd a random team? xD

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

Quote Originally Posted by ForteXXX View Post
    I'm so sigging this xD I should make a Choice Band Blissey, it'd be cool 8D the element of surprise…… I didn't seriously think it could but that's quite interesting to know xD
    Speaking of sigs, you ought to get yours checked. It looks a little big.

Changed, and I think you meant Timid nature but that's besides the point. The only problem I have now is I'm stuck with the bad number 100 for defense, any less Hp and I don't get 101 subs =/ maybe I'll just go max lefties since it isn't passing. Thanks ^_^
    NOOO!!!! Jolly xD. I said minimum btw. I wouldn't be hard pressed to maximise speed.

lol, yah. iirc wasn't there a war story where BounceKarp 6-0'd a random team? xD
    I'm pretty sure that it isn't possible. Even after a baton passing chain:

Magikarp Adamant 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

HP: 244 (Behind A Sub)
    +6Atk: 520
    +6Def: 576
    ~spa~: 59
    +6SpD: 304
    +6Spe: 1036

Even that doesn't sweep a team with Bounce+Tackle+Flail

Speaking of sigs, you ought to get yours checked. It looks a little big.
    Yah, I posted there earlier, probly get rid of some stuff ;______;

I'm pretty sure that it isn't possible. Even after a baton passing chain:

Magikarp Adamant 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def

HP: 244 (Behind A Sub)
    +6Atk: 520
    +6Def: 576
    ~spa~: 59
    +6SpD: 304
    +6Spe: 1036

Even that doesn't sweep a team with Bounce+Tackle+Flail
    DENIAL DENIAL DENIAL!!!!! DO NOT DENY BOUNCEKARPS DESTRUCTIVE POWER!!!!

NOOO!!!! Jolly xD. I said minimum btw. I wouldn't be hard pressed to maximise speed.
    kk, then I'll take some speed out xD

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

BounceKarps are the bane for any standard OU/Uber team nowadays xD

and by the way , looks like a good balanced team
    I can predict the EQ you're about to use !! (H)

Are you certain blissey should be physical?
    Pokemon X: 1435 - 4013 - 1487 (,,)

I am searching for the following Pokemon
    (Modest), (Modest), (Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive), (Timid/Modest), (Jolly/Adamant)

I can provide you with the following Pokemon…
    (Timid), (Jolly), (Timid), (Rash), (Bold), (Careful), (Relaxed with Seismic Toss).

I’m also offering a legit Shiny Foongus. Looking for a good natured shiny in return!

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Demon View Post
    Sarcasm is pretty difficult if not impossible to pick up nowadays isnt it?

Especially on these forums....

Poliwrath@ Leftovers** Blue Ace
    I feel the power of aura!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ikelder0511
    Just come back to pokemon BA it needs you
    fuck yea.

Message me all you want my inbox is full.

change poliwrath into salacdrum or subpuncher he does those jobs so much better

Quote Originally Posted by benjasuper View Post
    Except then he has no recovery (outside of Wish) for Poliwrath, making it a lot less bulky than it would be with Restalk.

250 Hp on celery? Make it 248, and put the 2 points elsewhere.
    Gyarados + Electivire = Gyaravire.

Celebi + Heatran = Celetran.

Celebi + Octillery = Celery?

100% sure. Did you not see Rad3n's calcs on Bliss? 1HKO's Standard TTar, worth it imo.

It's job isn't to sweep, its supposed to be fat and eat Tyranitar's lunch, that is all. And Gyarados, he hates Gyra, which reminds me I should probably change Waterfall to Stone Edge, not sure right now.

@Chomp: Wow, I just now realized your name is "Garchomp Hater" I thought it was like "Garchomp Hat A" I'm slow xD anyway, I'll change the spread a little thanks ^_^

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

-You may want Grass Knot > Energy Ball on Celebi. Grass Knot deals either the same or more damage to the threats you mentioned. It also does more to Gyara which will be helpful in countering non-Ice Fang versions (it's a 3-4 hit KO). 252 HP / 104 Def / 154 Sd is better due to not wasting any EVs.

-You actually only need 148 Spd EVs to outspeed neutral max base 100s, so the description on the spread should read that it outspeeds those trying to outspeed base 100s, or something like that.

-Stone Edge on Poliwrath will be helpful in stopping--and countering in some cases--Ice Fang Gyara (which you're kind of weak too), which Celebi will fail to do even with Grass Knot. With a little prediction, Stone Edge on Wrath, and a little clever switching, even LO Gyara shouldn't 6-0 the team.

-Take the 4 EVs from Poliwrath's attack and put it in spd to outspeed no-speed base 70s or tie with those trying to do the same as you. They aren't really doing anything in Atk whereas in Spd, you at worst you have a chance at going first against those running 177 instead of being slower.

-You should try and get a spinner. I usually freak out having even a 25% Stealth Rock weak Pokemon with Roost on a Sandstorm team. Moltres won't be able to do its job as well without some spin support. Nasty Plot Ape's Flamethrower OHKOs Moltres after Stealth Rock damage, for example.

-The Wish support does help a little, though, such as if said Ape came in on Jirachi while you Wished then switched while it Plotted, you'd be able to counter it like normal (like if that would ever happen).
    Last edited by Salavoir55; 13th December 2008 at 9:45 PM. Reason: breaking up wall of text

You may want Grass Knot > Energy Ball on Celebi. Grass Knot deals either the same or more damage to the threats you mentioned. It also does more to Gyara which will be helpful in countering non-Ice Fang versions (it's a 3-4 hit KO). 252 HP / 104 Def / 154 Sd is better due to not wasting any EVs.
    kk, will change the spread thanks ^_^ the reason i even was going to use Energy Ball was for Starmie, but I'm thinking GK will be better.

-You should try and get a spinner. I usually freak out having even a 25% Stealth Rock weak Pokemon with Roost on a Sandstorm team. Moltres won't be able to do its job as well without some spin support. Nasty Plot Ape's Flamethrower OHKOs Moltres after Stealth Rock damage, for example.
    Okay, I sorta understand. I know how useful a spinner is, but with half of my team resisting it, and the other 2 neutral, I'm kinda eh-ish on it. Just a side note, I haven't battled in a little whiles does anyone use PlotApe anymore? I never liked him even when he was real popular, but I see your point. Okay, I'm convinced, spinner it is:

- Starmie
    - Hitmontop
    - Sandslash
    - Blastoise
    - Forretress

Those are the only spinners I really like. So I'm thinking the one to replace would be Celebi, the best option would be imo Forretress cuz anything else would be redundant, or give me more weaknesses to common stuff like TBolt, EQ, Surf, Ice Beam, etc. I can now also make it more stall like allowing Rhy to sweep easier, any thoughts on this? btw it'd use Rapid Spin / Spikes / Light Screen / Reflect. Might replace a screen with EQ.

EDIT: On second thought I'm thinking of replacing Jirachi with Forry. However this will leave me with no Wish support, I need help on this decision.
    Last edited by ForteXXX; 13th December 2008 at 10:10 PM.

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

Quote Originally Posted by Salavoir55 View Post
    -You actually only need 148 Spd EVs to outspeed neutral max base 100s, so the description on the spread should read that it outspeeds those trying to outspeed base 100s, or something like that.
    Yeah. Typo >.<

156 Spe Evs would probably be better than 148 in the end though. Outspeeding things trying to outspeed Neutral Max Base 100s is a fairly helpful as it's a fairly large chunk of pokemon these days (damn speed game).

Over celeb1tch, put...

Shaymin - LAND FORME @ Life Orb
    Timid 80 Hp / 176 Spe / 252 Spa

~ Seed Flare
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hidden Power {Ice}

This thing hits soooooooo hard. Absorbs status w/ Natural Cure, 40&#37; SpDef drop w/ Seed Flare, and AMAZING coverage. You are never 2HKOd by Timid ScarfGar's Shadow Ball. The Ice is for Mence / Nite / Gliscor. EP deals with Heatran that aren't scarfed, or are stuck on EP. Air Slash is for Celery. The evs outspeed + speed 90's.
    Gyarados + Electivire = Gyaravire.

Celebi + Heatran = Celetran.

Celebi + Octillery = Celery?

Over celeb1tch, put...
    I see Blue Ace's anger has been passed on……

Shaymin - LAND FORME @ Life Orb
    Timid 80 Hp / 176 Spe / 252 Spa

~ Seed Flare
    ~ Air Slash
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Hidden Power {Ice}
    I had considered this so SO many times, it was in the original format before Celebi. However, I just saw Recover more appealing, but I might try it out, its so freaking cute~<3 Although I was thinking of something like

Shaymin@ Lefties
    Natural Cure
    Nature: Calm
    EV's: Yah EV's go here
    Moves:
    - Sub
    - Seed
    - Earth Power
    - Rest

Or something of the sort. I'm quite shocked that pogey was suggested tbh. Oh, and does anyone use Octillary?

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

um just so you know your blissy is banded and you have substitute...yeah i cant see that helping can you?
    Click on ^ to prevent it from death This means YOU!!!

pearl fc=2664-3107-0591

um just so you know your blissy is banded and you have substitute...yeah i cant see that helping can you?
    MY GOD CAN ANYONE ON SPPF TAKE A FREAKING JOKE??[/sarcasm] you better have been kidding, fyi.

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

I see Blue Ace's anger has been passed on……
    I am guessing you weren't here when I used to be a... less than ideal user.

Moltres finds it hard to counter anything when you have no Rapid Spin support. Also, I can see a Suicune weakness. Calm Mind/Surf/Ice Beam/Hidden Power Electric or Grass pretty much ends you.

Run Grass Knot over Energy Ball on Celebi, as it is so much better.

SpecsStarmie also causes some problems.

Really though, I cannot see much wrong with the team.

I am guessing you weren't here when I used to be a... less than ideal user.
    No, I only saw your "Not enough people have read the rules" rant, but I read some of your CBC posts, I had no idea you had such a way with words ^_^;; Is that where Kingdrom got "mode Reno" from? xD

Moltres finds it hard to counter anything when you have no Rapid Spin support. Also, I can see a Suicune weakness. Calm Mind/Surf/Ice Beam/Hidden Power Electric or Grass pretty much ends you.
    Yah, I'm going to change Celebi to:

Forretress@ Lefties
    Nature: Relaxed
    EV's 252 HP / 162 Atk / 96 Def
    Moves:
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rapid Spin
    - Spikes
    - Light Screen
    ^Spins, spikes, helps counter Mence and helps lessen my Suicune weakness.

Really though, I cannot see much wrong with the team.
    Why thank you ^_^

Pokemon is lame now.
    You best believe it foo!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast