Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: A Sad Loss To Us All. R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein 1960-2008

I am heartbroken to hear this news. . Maddie was one of the best parts of the show for me; Meowth was terrific, and Team Rocket were (and are) my favourite characters. I liked them so much more back when Maddie and Rachael and Eric voiced them.

Not only was she a wonderful Meowth, she was terrific in ALL of the voices she did on the series. She seemed so cool and down to earth on the Q and A, too. And pretty! Magnificent lady all around.

May she rest in peace. I'm crushed to know she's really gone. .
    A New Generation
    Has Arrived.

Unova rules!

Awww this sucks
    she was my favorite voice actor

R.I.P Maddie
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Oh really? She played meowth so well. It is very sad to see her go

My thoughts are with her and her family.

And to all those people flaming this thread, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. This is a place where people can respect her. (not trying to mini mod at all)

Rest In Peace.
    "Dancing is my obsession. My Life"

3DS Friend Code: 5413-1024-9785
    Friend Safari is Bug
    Beautifly, Combee and Pinsir

3DSXL Friend Code: 0920-1750-8020
    Friend Safari is Bug
    Masquerain, Paras and Pinsir

PM and I'll add you

Quote Originally Posted by Squid Rooster View Post
    Sure is "we love the leader" around here.
    Surely you must be kiding young nooblet. I am no friend of Joe's, but I do know he wouldn't lie to us.

Oh no you don't. Learn what "trolling" means. Somebody disagreeing with or questioning somebody, or even challenging them about it, is NOT "trolling." Trolling is being antagonistic solely for antagonism's sake, and that's not the case here.
    However, the difference here is that you are disagreeing with the webmaster of a vastly successful forum/website. What would he have to gain by lying about a popular voice actor's death I ask you? It would be a sick and twisted way to get attention, however, I highly doubt he is lying. Sorry but I believe him 100% on this just everything else he has said recently. Sorry chap. Looks like you lose this battle. Better luck next time.

Speaking of respect, Joe STILL hasn't answered the question I've asked several times: If Blaustein's family wanted privacy, why would he post this? And THEN expect everyone else to respect their privacy?
    Well gee, it's a news story you doof! How are we suppose to know that they want privacy if he didn't post the story in the first place? I suppose that if any other website or webmaster posted this story and said they wanted privacy, you would go out of your way to tell them off. Hell, I've seen similar stories with TV stars who have passed and their families wanted privacy from fans etc. So I repeat, how are we suppose to know they want privacy if Serebii didn't post saying so?

I'll give you a couple of hours for your pebble-like brain to process that question. Get back to me whenever your ready.

R.I.P. Maddie. You will be missed. Don't let punks like these capitalize on a sad moment like this.

(Especially when he thinks he is smarter then everyone else)

FC: 1118-0736-6254
    Friend Safari Pokemon: Emolga, Helioptile and Zebstrika

Animal Crossing: New Leaf
    Town Name: Aspiria
    Villager Name: Mike
    Fruit: All (including bamboo)
    Villagers: Sylvia, Pinky, Mallary, Dizzy, Phil, Graham, Cobb, Mott, Drago and Skye

Aww, this is such a bummer to see. Maddie was cool. Her voicing as Meowth always made me laugh when I was younger and even today whenever I watch the old episodes.

I hope she rests in peace; we'll all miss you, Maddie. =( Condolences to her family.
    For those who'd like to keep in contact, you know where to find me. ♥

There's a difference between respecting a family's privacy and pretending that somebody is still alive, Squid Rooster.

I think the family meant to not ask them for interviews and comments, but to leave them mourn in peace. Informing the public about what happened would be reasonable, though. We have the right to know about something like that. o_0

R.I.P Taken away before your time, like a pheonix to a flame, you'll be remembered. It's sad how talent has died but what can we do eh?

First of all i don't know for sure if I know Maddie was she the Meowth in Hoenn and before ? (didn't watch the English dub until the Hoenn region)

She was 48 still young if you know that now a days the average age to die is high in the 70ths it is sad

I wish my best of luck to the relatives

and let us all hope that the sources are in some way wrong and if it is wrong we should not blame Serebii for putting it on the site

Oh no!

Rest in Peace Maddie, we will indeed miss you.

Attention: Fu&#173;cktards
    Shut up, you're all pathetic, Serebii, don't even bother responding to them. Type in all caps to show your authority and rape them with a banhammer, but say something sarcastic so you don't appear butthurt, it works magic.

In other news a pun comes to mind, that Team Rocket's blasting off at the speed of light, MEOWTH THAT'S RIGHT!

Only good character on the original shows. Him and that Jigglypuff. RIP Meowth VA lady.
    Kakama

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

;_;

R.I.P. Maddie, you were the best voice-actor ever...

Damn mortality.

May you rest in eternal paradise.
    Last edited by Noheart; 16th December 2008 at 8:53 PM.

Oh wow, someone told me this, but I can't believe she passed away. That really shocked me today. She not even 50, so it makes me thing what happened to her. And she was such a sweet person. I'm remembered from the Q&A thread she answered my questions. She such a sweet person, and may God bless her and she RIP.

Sadfaceeeee. D;

Truly tragic. Loss of a great talent. Never thought this could happen. Thoughts and prayers go out to the Blaustine family this holiday.
    You will be dearly missed, Maddie
    Honk if you prefer the Japanese version to the English dub!

This is really, I mean, really a very huge and sad loss. She was, without a shadow of a doubt, THE best Meowth VA around. May as well have been Meowth.

It's sad to say that 2008, strikes again.

She will be unbelievably missed. I had always looked forward and hopeful for her return to voice Meowth, now that will never be.

Rest in Peace Maddie.

We lost so many people this year. It's just too much to take.

"My Popularity in the Pokemon Universe continues to shine like the Aura that is with me. A full-feature movie, 4 two-parter episodes from the Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos anime sagas, a 5-episode arc featuring my trainer Korrina, 3 appearances in the Smash Bros games and a Poke spokespearson for the Pokemon Trading Card commercials and the upcoming Pokken Fighters game. May I soon reach the fame that belongs to Pikachu"

3DS Friend code - 3007 9374 1244

I'm sure it's been said by someone, but please, no one turn this into a SOVA (or similar) discussion, it is not the place.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

you know i wondered why all of a sudden i had a dream of other characters she voiced from different animes today, now i see why.

RIP miss Blaustein.

It is a very sad day. We have lost one of the greatest voice artists around, not only that but a member of this forum.

My heart and prayers go out to her family and friends at this time. It must have been more of a shock to them than to us.

R.I.P. Maddie Blaustein.
    Quote Originally Posted by ?????? View Post
    i is afraid of bad grammarz in t3h title

Failure.
    ~The number 1 Mudkip fanatic!~
    ~Bebo - Facebook ~

~I was a Gligar fan BEFORE Satoshi got one!
    If you were too, copy and paste this in your sig.~

~Claims~
    ~Pokemon: Gligar~
    ~Anime Songs: Maemukki Rocketto-Dan / Ready Go! both from Pokemon~
    ~Celebrities: Terry Wogan - The Stig~
    ~Anime Bishie: Shinku from Rozen Maiden~

~I currently have 85 Trained Pokemon so pick 6 for Roulette Battles!~
    ~Diamond FC: 1376 1038 9979~

Rest In Peace, Maddie.

You will be sorely missed by the fans. It's always a sad day when a fandom loses one of their own.

Still sad to hear this.. and I cannot beleive some of you are being so ugly here... and if Joe was wrong, then he's wrong thoguh I doubt it.. he is usually not wrong on things. He's not perfect,..but usually not wrong.. so I beleive this.

This sucks..2008 has just been one total crapfest for me I lost two members of my family this year as well. I just cannot wait for it to end.

Maddie you will be missed,.. it was fun and a great moment to have such a elgend come to the fans and talk to us throughout the whole voice actor debacle... and answering questions to many of your fans

Thanks for everything you have done and my your spirit Rest in Peace...Maddie Blaustein,...Blausteining off for the last time Goodbye Maddie.

Take a step and I'm on my way, gonna start all over again,.......again.

Default Hello, I'm Mary, and I am the source

My name is Mary. I was Maddie's best friend and we talked at least 5 times a day.
    When I couldn't reach Maddie, I was 100% certain that something was horribly wrong. She would NEVER have disappeared on me. We loved each other with all our hearts.

She had been sick with a horrible stomach virus since Thanksgiving. I was the last person to speak with her, I told her to go to the Doctor. She said she would, but never made it.
    I finally got her super-intendant to go in and check on her. She was snug in her bed with the covers. A very peaceful way to pass, but heart wrenchingly sad just the same.

PLEASE, let me set your minds at ease. She was NOT sad/depressed. She told me every day how happy she was at this time in her life. A strong bond of love will do that. We had been planning my trip to Brooklyn to stay with her for a week or so. We were so excited, we giggled like school girls.

I spoke with her family, they decided to not have an autopsy done, and I respect their decision. It will take awhile for the family to sort through all that needs to be done in a situation like this. So, that's why you haven't read any "official" news just yet. The last I heard, there still hadn't been an official date of her passing. I will pass that info on once I have it.

I don't know anything about pokeman, anime... voice acting... at all. I only knew her on a personal level.

Since her passing, I have scoured the internet, reading everything I could find about her and saving it. Her presence on the net was more than I had ever imagined. I was so overwhelmed with so many places/spaces that she showed up, I wasn't sure where to post. A family member told me about serebii, so this is where I chose to inform. Not being a member of this site, I sent an email to the moderator. It seemed like the best place to announce the sad news, because so many of you loved her.

I do plan on making a tribute website for her and I will be sure to let everyone know the link once it is ready to publish.

Thank you all for loving her so much.

Mary

I'm happy that serial killer 2008 is over

That just made me shed a tear
    She was the best Meowth every

Watching old episodes will just be weird

R.I.P Maddie
    <-|-| 0 T (not ash)

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    This is really, I mean, really a very huge and sad loss. She was, without a shadow of a doubt, THE best Meowth VA around. May as well have been Meowth.
    Maddie gave a voice to an enormous section of my childhood. It's almost as if Meowth dies along with her. How painfully grievous. Losing Maddie is twice the loss, more than that, because of all the many ways she's spoken to cartoon/anime fans throughout her many roles.

Meowth can now never be the same. It's going to hurt every time I see that wiseacre cat blast off from now on. It's like losing a best friend for the second time.

Thank you for your information, Mary.

Robin Williams
    1951-2014
    "What's it gonna be? I don't know. But maybe along the way, you take my hand, tell a few jokes, and have some fun. C'mon, pal. You're not afraid, are ya?"

Thank you for posting, Mary. And my sincere condolences to you and Maddie's family.

RIP Maddie, and thanks for enriching all our lives with your superb vocal acting abilities.
    Hey, you, over there
    Keep the L up, 'cause I don't care

Yeah,
    L-o-s-e-r
    I can only be who I are!

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast