Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Family Matter! (575)

Pocket Monsters Diamond & Pearl: ANIMAL CROSSING EDITION

- Tis a beautiful day in the town of CANALAVE, home of BYRON.
    - BYRON is having a special guest over today - ROARK of OREBURGH has come to play!
    - This installment has the worst graphics yet. They need to stop putting Kinoshita at the helm of the graphics design department.
    - Ash and co learn about the Friend Code trouble the two of them had.
    - BYRON brings his Silver Shovel out. Obtained it from Mr. Resetti one night in the city.
    - The two begin fighting over fossils! Really, it's BYRON's fault that he didn't dig up all the fossils in his town before ROARK came to visit.
    - BYRON: "Come gander at my museum's fossil collection! I even completed the plesiosaur!"
    - ROARK: "I shall complete my museum first! Let us duel with our tools!"
    - ROARK recalls the previous time BYRON came to visit, when BYRON nabbed that Modern Wardrobe that ROARK so desperately needed.
    - Commence pretend Pokemon battle! Rampardos vs. Bastiodamnugly.
    - Meanwhile, a new visitor - ROCKET from BUMVILLE - buries a Pitfall inside the museum.
    - Commercial break! Cabana Screen 50% off at Nookway today only! Hurry! Don't miss your chance!
    - Somebody's broken into the museum! That's why you don't hire a curator who is asleep during the day, eh, Blathers?
    - BYRON's creepy toddler voice right there is indicative of why including WiiSpeak was a terrible idea.
    - ROCKET pops up through the mole hole that was created after he reset the game after last playing.
    - ROCKET has an axe! Do anything stupid, and he'll go on a tree-chopping rampage and pilfer all your fruits!
    - Uh-oh! Hurling clods of dirt now! And Rampardos and Bastiodon are helpless against flying grains of sand!
    - Fortunately, ROCKET's Wi-Fi disconnects, booting him out of the town.
    - BYRON and ROARK recall the simpler days of the Gamecube installment, back when ROARK was just a kid who was basically born in a helmet.
    - That's a wrap for today. Next time, maybe ROARK will finally catch that damn Coelacanth.

Hope you Animal Crossers have a good holiday, and remember, Jingle is out on the 24th. Switching shirts will not work in this installment. You need to switch accessories this time.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Oh God, he's got Franky's and Jango's voice! He's sooooo cool! But that horrid, horrid name NoA gave him! Gaaah!

~ Sorry for my craziness folks, had a rough 48 Hours with final exams. I'll be back to my normal, not as crazy self soon.
    Last edited by Thriller; 18th December 2008 at 8:17 PM.
    Pokemon: The Theme of Secrets

The Grand Finale Arc begins with Chapter 109.

Ash will capture this thing.
    Mark my words

I don't know what to say except that I did not find it as...interesting as I would have expected. But it is an ok filler to say the least. Next episode would be better.

Is it me, or do Roark and James share the same VA?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

???

They don't.

It was a decent episode...until TR appeared and ruined the family battle
    Movepool from Bastiodon:
    Iron Head-Iron Defense-Flamethrower-Metal Burst(Confirmed via the preview)

I liked the fact that they remixed a battle song from Johto,as many background songs from that region were put in,it brought me nostalgy about it

Metal Burst was not used, Flash Cannon was.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

Awesome episode,is that a leaf stone roark found when he was a kid?
    I claim Quilava!<3

Pearl Fc: 0517 0306 0808
    Platinum Fc: 0989 8066 6024

Please Click:

From looking @ the images, this episode looks great. It interesting to see 2 gym leaders go @ for a first time. Ash should really have Roark or Byron dig up a fossil for him so he can have his own prehistoric PKMN. But I guess that won't be happening anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure Rampardos used Head Smash too. The full-body glowing headbutt looks like it has quite a recoil, anyways.
    Coming up soon~ Or maybe never.

What was with the Silver Kabuto-like thing looking at Giovanni. New Pok&#233;mon idea, or just a random fantasy of Team Rocket. Idea's?

Iota

Previously Iota

Just part of the fantasy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon Rules View Post
    Awesome episode,is that a leaf stone roark found when he was a kid?
    No, it's a fossilized Sunkern leaf.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

This would have been a good battle if TR didn't interrupt.(as usual)Also Roark looks cool as a kid.
        Spoiler:- My Pokémon Teams & Video Game Identities:

Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Sunkern...Sunkern...Sunkern...what the hell was that thing again?
    *looks at site dex*
    Oooohhhhhh....SUNKERN!

Wouldn't mind seeing the thing again. Not only is it statistically-inferior to Magikarp, which instantly opens up slapstick potential, but its goofy shape and demeanor helps it fall into precarious yet hilarious situations. Last time we saw it in Johto, it was frozen, and now, it's fossilized! Next I want to see Sunkern deep-fried. Lot more efficient than fryin' squirrel.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Ironically, along with such Pokemon as Ho-Oh, Lugia, and Cresselia, a SUNKERN is used as a screen transition in Movie 11. :0

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    This would have been a good battle if TR didn't interrupt.(as usual)Also Roark looks cool as a kid.
    Why do the writers HAVE to make TR interrupt all the good stuff?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Why do the writers HAVE to make TR interrupt all the good stuff?
    That's what TR does. Besides, if they hadn't interupted, the writers would have had to pick a winner.
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    Apparently the fossil isn't a "fossil"

But a fossil of Sunkern's Leaf. 0.o

Byron has a nice voice. It's Franky's VA from One Piece, btw. He has an imo unique voice. Very rough. Bastiodon goes "tuh tuh tuh". Eh, not as great as the almighty "RAMPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!" which returns! In fact, Bastiodon seems to have the "Hariyama" voice, which I call it, which quite a few large Pokemon have.

One part of this episode baffles me. We have Roark order Rampardos to use Zen Headbutt, and Byron tells Bastiodon to use Iron Head. We see Rampardos, but then all of a sudden a glowing light just pops up in front of Rampardos that looks just like Bastiodon's glowing head in shape and size. It REALLY freaked me out and for a second. It's suppose to be Bastiodon, but we never see him charge it up...the light just appears and shrinks into a vague Bastiodon-head shape.

EDIT: Mamoswine's back in the opening again.

sunkern's leaf............?

this has no purpose.........unless its a new evolution stone that evolves rampardos in gen 5?! (just kidding)

like other ppl hav said it would of been a draw anyway but byron should of won cause of the part steel type
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

Little Roark made me laugh
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste
    this into your signature! (Started by SapphireL)

I&#180;ll be honest. I was pretty bored by this episode.
    Sure, Togan is an entertaining character full of shovelity and dugginess and has the epic VA of FRAAAANKEEEEY!!!, but other than this, this episode didn&#180;t have much.

I liked the sappy flashback to Mr. Helm&#180;n Glasses&#180; childhood but other than that the episode felt very empty.

The battle was a nice idea, but was in the end just some ultimate shield VS ultimate lance metaphor that didn&#180;t get a proper ending.

At least Teddi-****ing-Ursa made an appearance in the 11th movie and I could change my avatar again! ^^ So, this wasn&#180;t a real empty Pok&#233;mon week to me.

Was Whiscash in the movie, too?
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

-Hey, it's Not Cyrus again! I daresay that the best part of Ash's upcoming gym battle will be having him as the referee.
    -You'd think Ash could make an appointment or something to make sure that the GL was around when he wanted to make a challenge, but nooooo.
    -Hey kids, remember the Oreburgh gym leader, Roark? See, here he is. But to make EXTRA sure you remember, look at this two second flashback of him in Oreburgh's gym, where he's just kinda standing there!
    -You know, sometimes I wonder what kind of memory everyone in the Pokemon world has for them to remember every single person they've ever encountered. Sure, Ash's brain doesn't have anything better to do than remember all these people, but Gym Leaders? Pfft.
    -Sorry Ash, you can't fight Byron now. It's time for his annual shave & haircut, you see, and that's a week-long affair.
    -I have to say I was expecting more of a deep voice from Byron instead of this...scratchy?...one.
    -Silly Roark and Byron, forgetting the one way to resolve conflicts in the Pokemon world - having tamed animals fight each other to the dea...knockout.
    -Clearly the outcome of this battle will be decided by whichever side gets fatal brain damage last.
    -Byron? Never talk with a high-pitched voice again. Sincerely, What's Left of My Sanity.
    -Byron seems to have a thing about shovels and digging. Too much of a thing, I'd say. Poor Roark, having a deranged hobo like Byron as his father...
    -For shame, animators! You missed the perfect opportunity to give Meowth a Wiimote Control for the robot! Honestly, have you so soon forgotten the show's purpose? Or did you think that putting that particular Nintendo Product in the hands of a baddie would do more harm than good to its corporate image in the 3-9 year old market segment?
    -That fossil leaf...I wonder what kind of long-forgotten Pokemon it could have came from? Sunkorn? Naaah...wait, I think I've got it! Qw...Qwi...Qwilbird? No, no. It has to be Dunscreen(SPF 30).
    -It's ever so creative for the animators to make kid versions of characters look exactly like the present-day ones, only shorter. Well, okay, at least Roark got a slight wardrobe change sometime between being seven and being however-old-he-is-now.
    -Roark's little kid voice, on the other hand, is actually fairly adorable.
    -And so, this episode resolves the plot of...Roark and Byron fighting or something...by...uh...Roark seeing a rock. Bah, I don't know. What did I just spend the last 20 minutes watching? I forgot already.
    Last.fm
    ~~~

Yes, that is a lego Freddie Mercury.

Omgggg Kazuki Yao plays (he who's english name shall not be named)
    That makes this episode epic win

*~Openly Gay and Proud~*

Apparently I hear if you can understand this episode, it's really good. So perhaps when the sub comes out I'll like it more...or so they say.

Although I hear from Dogasu the Lumineon episode is really great too if you can understand it, but, I dunno 'bout that Dogars anymore...

That was my opinion upon seeing the pics. I really want to know everything Byron and Roark say to each other. Byron seems to enjoy picking on his son.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast