Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Family Matter! (575)

This episode has already been subbed, and it's really good. I liked it, especially those lines from Byron.

Spoiler:- Byron's lines:

Yeah...those were great. Roark as a kid is also cute, although he kinda looks like a girl.
    Last edited by starliteevee; 12th June 2009 at 12:42 AM.

My fic, Drowning.
    Cye of the Torrent is my bishie.
    Credit to Sketchie of Coronet Designs

I watched this episode raw, not subbed, and I want to know. Why was Roark upset with his dad? Did he leave the family or something in that flashback?

Roark was upset with Byron because his dad is actually from Oreburgh and used to be the leader of the Oreburgh City Gym. Then Byron got called away to become the leader of Canalave City Gym and left the gym to Roark. By the way Roark was talking, Byron apparently didn't talk to Roark or his wife about it at all, he told Roark just before he left.

Ath the end Roark was happy with Byron again because Byron still had the fossil that Roark had given him as a kid, it was his first fossil. And Roark felt better with him because Byron cherished that fossil most and regarded it has his most important, apparently.

in the end, roark and byron realized that they should stop arguing because no matter what happens, they are still family. ash and company realized the value of family too, and made them want to be with their parents at the moment.

anyways... roark's kid voice is so cute. i think he was 10 by that time sice he was 20 at the present time.

That was actually my first raw episode, I'm going to start watching them that way for now on.

I just don't like how sometimes you can't understand it, so it gets boring.

The next ep won't have much dialogue, so I'll continue watching.

i luv watchin raw that is subbed
    this battle was good i enjoyed it but TR
    wanna brawl?

-Charizard is the greatest pokemon.
    BOW DOWN BEFORE HIM!

You'd think we'd see Roark's mom in this.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I saw the pics to this it was surprising who won XD.... seeing that I live in the U.S.A this episode won't air for a long time where I live......
    Click Jirachi to join the amazing Ever Grande City forums! You won't regret joining it!
    I've claimed this Pokemon.

What are you talking about, no one won. Team Rocket interrupted the battle.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    What are you talking about, no one won. Team Rocket interrupted the battle.
    The good guys won. Obviously... <_< >_>

In all honesty, I was expecting more from this episode. Roark and Byron make up a long-standing family greivance because Byron kept a fossil? Seriously?

Man, I wish my family worked like that... although if any of them started going wacko with a shovel, I think I'd call the funny farm. :P
    [img]http://i41.*******.com/161xsaq.png[/img]
    Credit to HikariTajiri - Thank you very much!

Shadow disappeared off the face of the earth.

Paired with Sonic Boom, twins with Pearl's Perap

They didn't start using any Japanese BGM until Rampardos and Bastiodon were sent out of their PokeBalls. On the bright side, it was nice hearing the GSC trainer battle music.

And either the referee is Cyrus in disguise (for some reason), or the character designers have gone too far in making certain characters look like others.

(Also, there's an "s" at the end of "Matter", not that I care much.)

I did like the lines,

Roark: "Just because you're my dad doesn't mean I'll go easy on you!"
    Byron: "Just because you're my son doesn't mean I won't whoop ya'!"
    Last edited by Rex Kamex; 23rd May 2009 at 2:14 PM.
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

Good episode so far. Byron's voice scares me though...

EDIT: Team Rocket Grunt Meowth sent out Robotmon!
    Robotmon used Rock Throw!
    It's not very effective...
    Current goal: Completing Unova pokedex!

I enjoyed watching the intense tension between Byron and son. They really made a parallel to Brock and his dad and they even referenced it. I think that Byron is being played by Dan Green but I don't know. Byron had a pretty funny line when he said "Whoop ya."

Byron seems to have a fetish for holes, especially the very well dug ones. He has such a strong fetish that he didin't even realize that his rare Pok&#233;mon fossils were stolen. Even when they found Team Rocket he started talking about hole digging rather than trying to get his fossils back. The touching moment at the end was pretty nice and it was all due to a Sunkern fossil. Now, it's time for the battle.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Wow, what a pretty awesome episode. I've been waiting a while for this episode to arrive, and I wouldn't change it any other way. Byron was awesome, as I thought, and he started getting hilarious with the holes and the shovels. :P What a funny guy.

I'd give it around a 9/10.

I cant wait to see the Battle next week. (Though, I got to record it since there's the Tourney)

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

That episode kept my eyes on the TV. The battle between Roark and Byron, which I can't shake the feeling was voiced by Dan Green, was pretty good. It was Gym Leader vs. Gym Leader, Father vs. Son, Fossil Digger vs. Fossil Digger.

It was an okay episode. Not one that i liked this time around. 7/10

A great episode indeed. Father and son rivalry, but a close bond with fossils. A sunkern fossil? What's next, a fossil pokemon game excavating ancient pokes from the earth? also, i will rewatch it later today since i missed a little bit of the first 7 minutes.

Yeah it was a good episode Byrons voice is really scary and yeah I liked hearig the GSC music but Byron is really dumb talking about holes all the time event thought the fossils where gone.
    Jesus is the Key

Cute ep. I liked Byron's quirky persona but he def. sounded like he needs a throat lozenge! =P Plenty of jokes and action combined. And I love that Dawn & friends wanted to call home and check in on family after seeing Roack v. Byron. <3
    While there were elements of Pewter City (which the writers acknowledge) enough of the plot felt fresh and inspired rather than something they pulled out of a hole in the ground... er, you know what I mean. XD
    FRIEND CODES
    3265-5772-9903
    Diamond Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~
    0174-3499-2232
    Silver Version ~NatDex 493 Owned COMPLETE~

Wishvee eggs giveaway. Check online status to ensure trade.
        Spoiler:- Trade Offerings:

Spoiler:- Trade Requests:

Trades re-open. Plz inc FC and Time Zone w/ request. I am EST Zone

Pretty good episode. I didn't like how the battle between Roark and Byron was mainly Zen Headbutt and Iron Defense at first though. Shame TR interrupted.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

This episode was actually better than I had initially expected. It was hilarious when Byron was talking about TR's holes. Overall, this episode was very interesting. Although, Byron's voice was uh......interesting, I guess.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

It was a great episode. I laughed with Byron and the hole thing. (Plus his voice was sexy) Nice backstory with Rorak.

---------- join ever grande city, a fun and new pokemon forum!! // tumblr

Good Episode by far but i can't wait for next week.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

I loved this episode, mainly because now I can understand everything. Bryon was flat out hilarious through the whole the thing. From his cockiness on the battle field to his reaction to Team Rockets holes. The relationship between him and Roark was really well done. Byron might be my new favorite Sinnoh Gym Leader.
    I also loved all the GSC music during the battle sequences.

9/10
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

Yawn.

I'm sorry, this was a very nice episode, it's just... the wait for the gym battle is really starting to grate, and it's making it hard for me to enjoy this fully. I know, I know, Pokemon is mostly filler. I'm used to it. But this is getting rediculous. There's being suspenseful and even going a little over for humor and then there's just being annoying. Instead of this episode making my LIKE Byron very much (thought it did a little at the end), it made me a tad annoyed because he's starting to seem rather irresponsible.

Also, wanting your son to grow my abandoning your wife to raise him herself does not compute well for me.

Good episode, but I find it hard to care. One "YOU CAN'T BATTLE HIM YET" episode too many. Gym battle plz. Call me impatient (and hypocritical, since I liked both Sleepless in pre-battle and Get your Rotom Running and would not want either to be gone) but UGH. I'm not sure what my problem is...

....Or it may be that I just watched the new TFA, which was the probable series finale and massively awesome, so watching another filler may be hard for me after that. Okay, maybe that's it.

Anyways, even if I'm going crazy waiting for the gym battle, this was still a very nice episode.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast