Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Family Matter! (575)

...Not bad. Dan Green returned =D! Anyway, I love Byron's attitude and his "I love Bastiodon!" thing. His fascination with holes was funny xD...

BACK

Quote Originally Posted by Netbug009 View Post
    Anyways, even if I'm going crazy waiting for the gym battle, this was still a very nice episode.
    If you went crazy waiting 6 episodes between Hearthome and Canalave Gyms, I don't wanna know how you survived 30+ episodes between Eterna and Veilstone.
    Quote Originally Posted by csisps_26 View Post
    ...Not bad. Dan Green returned =D! Anyway, I love Byron's attitude and his "I love Bastiodon!" thing. His fascination with holes was funny xD...
    Ah, so the dub kept Byron's "I love _____" speech quirk? That's good.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Joker View Post
    It was a great episode. I laughed with Byron and the hole thing. (Plus his voice was sexy) Nice backstory with Rorak.
    and how his voice got a bit high when he was talking about holes to team rocket. how ironic, that happens to me as well.

Overall, in the battle of Bastidon vs. Rampardos, if the battle had kept going, Bastidon would've won. It's probly at a slightly higher level than Rampardos. Oh, it's been a long time since we've seen a plan were Team Rocket benifits Giovvini in any way. This was one of the best machines Meowth ever made. Man, if he stuck with one and kept improving, they could actually win some times. It was nice to see a background into gymleaders' pasts. Speaking of that, Bryon's my favorite charector so far. Ha,ha,ha.....
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

I really liked episode and a story about Roark and Byron. Byron and his holes were the funniest part...

Yeah, I will admite Byron's voice was quite charming. :P Plus, the flash back around the end was pretty sweet. I wish we can get Sunkern Fossils in the games. XP Byron's shoutout to bring his Pokemon out was decent to hear.

Plus, did anyone catch these two video game references as well? :

- Roark says "Dont you know that those fossils are a Link to the past?"
    (hint towards "The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past")
    - Dawn, Brock, asn Ash feeling a little homesick and want to get in touch with their parents back at home.
    (hint towards Earthbound)

That was pretty decent, but I know that they didnt do those parts on purpose of course. Probably just a cowincidince.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

The only thing I did not like about the episode was the animations. That is not something major though. I liked how there were a lot of good battle themes like the Elite 4/Gym Leader theme and the Johto Trainer theme twice. I noticed two mistakes, but I forget what they are. I'll post what they are when I remember them.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Best line was ' Out fossiled' :lol:
    Worst' I Love you' -_-
    Pokemon Magic
    Always NearBY

Latios<>Latias

Haha, I loved this episode. : D
    Byron and Roark were very different then I imagined they would be- mostly because of Byron's voice. >>

However this was adorable, especially the flashback at the end. Also, "He sure has a lot of stones!" made me laugh, as well as Byron's "I LOVE -x-!". : D
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

Word.

Also, wanting your son to grow my abandoning your wife to raise him herself does not compute well for me.
    Same here, it REALLY bothered me that Byron was portryaed as a deadbeat. >_> I have always imagined him to be a good father.

It disturbs me so much that he abandoned his family that I have decided that I really dislike this episode (even if it has Roark in it) and anime Byron.

Oh well, at least I can still like him in the games and manga that I have read. :)
    That is why I'm glad that Pokemon has so many totally different canons. ^_^

...Byron...how epic of a parent are you?

-He was all like "Kthanksbai" as he ran away from the Oreburg gym.
    -Nice fossils...do want giant Anorith...and megaArmaldo would be inevitable.
    -Nice little scene with the shield that cannot be broken and the spear that can pierce anything...who's up for a PARADOX!!!!11one.
    -Bastiodon is now a lolcow..."I LOVE BASTIODON!"
    -Why..didn't..TR...drive the robot? Couldn't it have busted in faster than digging?
    -Poor Rampardos...got hit right in the Pokeballs..
    -ZOMG! Plot device. Dinos duke it out with a giant robot, and cause little holes for the rodent to magically save the day. If that's not product placement..I don't know what is.

I didn't actually enjoy Byron's voice..it was a little too deep and he was all "ZOMG!" at everything. Nice little number with him caring about the hole moar than fossils missing.

Wasn't going to actually watch this ep, since I *planned* on sleeping in..but of course we had to wake up early...again...

good episode, i liked the battle they had.

and the holes part was funny, i loved the lines and wend the group falling which never gets old.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

This episode was great. It was cool to see Roark again. It was kinda cool to see 2 gym leaders go against each other. It was also cool to see a Bastiodon. I also thought that Rampardos' voice was different from last time. It was also cool to see Iron Head and Flash Cannon.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

I really just watch it because im an old fan, but....omg is it bad

1. TR digs the hole ( probabably the machine was digging rather fast)
    2. They get out of the hole
    3. Ash and crew immediately gets out of the hole after them, ALTHOUGH they said its going on forever...

Nice to know that Byron leaves the whole family for digging and they are all happy just because he stored the fossil...
    The only things I like are the FIGHTS, I MEAN FIGHTS like in the game Bastiodon Rampardos A-OK ( not idiotic TR vs Ash), and things that represent the games a bit

You know, sometimes I wish they didnt have an episode every week, just make fairly GOOD episodes, I mean oo Pokemon, almost 600 episodes, and number of good episodes aiiigh not so many is it? Its a bit like with dragonball kai, its really good not having the fillers ( I know its a remake)
    Im not angry or anything its just a show/anime, this is my oppinion, and of course everyone has his own
    Last edited by zsedan; 24th May 2009 at 3:59 PM.
    Pokemon forever

I remembered one of the mistakes. In the battle with Rampardos and Bastiodeon (which had very awesome battle themes), did anyone notice that when Ramparods did Flamethrower and Bastiodeon did Flash Cannon, Flash Cannon was more of a beam? It is suppose to be a ball so the wirters must have just made that mistake on accident. I can't remember what the other mistake in this funny episode with awesome battle themes was.

White 2:

Lol Bryon. What a weirdo. He had me laughing throughout this whole episode though. Him and his thing with holes ..ahah, that was just pure lawlz.
    Especially when all his fossils were gone, and everyone was freaking out, and then he freaked out and was like "THIS HOLE! IT'S PERFECT!" and everyone else did the anime!fall.

But whee. I was happy that we also got to see Roark, and some family issues between them. and kiddie!Roark. awwww.

But yeah, good episode. (:

After watching this episode like 5 times, :P, I knew it had to be Dan vocing Byron.Though, I had a hunch from the first time watching it. The first character I imagined was Knuckles, right from the start. Yeah, Im kind of late for mentioning it myself. XP

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

I really looked forward to this episode, especially to the showdown between my two favorite fossil Pokemon of all generations so far, and the waiting paid off!

First of all, Byron's voice was AWESOME as it perfectly underlined his most outstanding character traits. Among these are being somewhat creepy but also powerful, commanding and impressive. I do love such chararcters and so, both the writers and the US voice actor did me a big favor by inventing Byron and giving him such a fitting voice!
    But not only did I like Byron's voice but also his design in general. A fearless, muscly man with a cape is a promising concept and matches the definition of a successful gym leader, if you ask me.
    You've certainly figured out by now that Byron sure made a big impression on me! One thing you can say for sure: So far, all of Sinnoh's gym leaders have been great and definitely deserve their titles!

Let's continue: Byron admiring Team Rocket's holes was priceless. Some guys love fast cars, others appreciate good food and our friend Byron is crazy about fossils and digging perfectly round holes. There's no accounting for tastes!:XD2:

Unfortunately, I also found one point of criticism:
    I expected Rampardos and Bastiodon to be presented far stronger. I'm not referring to their duell but to the battle against Team Rocket's machine. Are we really supposed to believe that all those mighty behemoths could do was causing two little scratches (or holes if you like) in that machine, a ridiculously small damage compared to their true powers? If they faced Hunter J, for instance, it would've been somewhat understandable, but this is Team Rocket we're talking about... Don't get me wrong, I really like them and Pokemon could hardly go without them, but their machines are so weak (and today's maschine wasn't really huge or strong in particular) that normally even one of the two fossil Pokemon, either Rampardos or Bastiodon, should've finished them off with ease. But that's water under the bridge now and it can't be helped. (Nevertheless, I'm still interested what you think about it)

Did I forget something? Well, we also got a nice little family conflict, but fortunately with a happy end.
    Finally, Byron protecting Roark's very first fossil like his most precious treasure was so moving and the icing on the cake in an entertaining and great episode without mistakes apart from one weak point mentioned above.

I'm looking forward to witnessing an epic battle next week!

7.5/ 8 out of 10 points
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

Yawn.

I'm sorry, this was a very nice episode, it's just... the wait for the gym battle is really starting to grate, and it's making it hard for me to enjoy this fully. I know, I know, Pokemon is mostly filler. I'm used to it. But this is getting rediculous. There's being suspenseful and even going a little over for humor and then there's just being annoying. Instead of this episode making my LIKE Byron very much (thought it did a little at the end), it made me a tad annoyed because he's starting to seem rather irresponsible.

Also, wanting your son to grow my abandoning your wife to raise him herself does not compute well for me.

Good episode, but I find it hard to care. One "YOU CAN'T BATTLE HIM YET" episode too many. Gym battle plz. Call me impatient (and hypocritical, since I liked both Sleepless in pre-battle and Get your Rotom Running and would not want either to be gone) but UGH. I'm not sure what my problem is...

....Or it may be that I just watched the new TFA, which was the probable series finale and massively awesome, so watching another filler may be hard for me after that. Okay, maybe that's it.

Anyways, even if I'm going crazy waiting for the gym battle, this was still a very nice episode.

It's only been 6 episodes since the last gym. This is the shortest waiting period between gyms since Kanto.

Not to mention that in DP something important happens in nearly every episode. For example, since DP102:

DP102: Ash won his 5th badge and Jessie gor her 2nd ribbon. Ash also found out about the next gym and Barry, a recurring character, got screentime.

DP103: Barry and Empoleon got more screentime and left the group

DP104: Swinub evolved and Cresselia and Darkrai were introduced in the anime

DP105: Rotom was introduced in the anime

DP106: Piloswine became disobiedient, evolved and Gliscor learned fire fang.

DP107: Byron's introduction and Roark's backstory

DP108: Ash wins his 6th badge

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

Meh, I hear Canalave is nothing but Bird's Eye View shots at this time of year anyway.

Hugh Jackman IS a seemingly unimportant gym cleaning guy.

Hugh Jackman after whiskey, after taking residence in your basement.
    (You may wanna just copy the URL + paste from now on)

Master miners must think combs are pagan witchery.
    But what does that make haircuts?

We are so in need of a family therapist around here. Do something, cleaning guy!

This is not how a human sounds. Especially one with alarming levels of badassery as this.
    Ok I hate Dan Green as much as I possibly can now.

This is the kind of back talk you get for not beating your son thoroughly with the shovel.

Statistics say, 2/3 Rock GLs have daddy issues. Consider that in your career choice.

The varying blues of Rampardos > Bastiodon's blinding white and sterling silver.

I could watch this nonsense all day. I have a feeling I probably will be.

Holding out for the "WHO'S YOUR DADDY" at this point.

Quit being alert and reasonable, my boy.

Mechaman's getting a Coal Badge for that.

Who's the genius responsible for this escape plan?

Did a RARE and VALUABLE collection of fossils just slip everyone's mind?

You know, they may fight a lot but they stay together because the incest is fan-tas-tic.

Yay for a last-minute Brock linkup!

6/10 Interesting that Roark is the mature one in the family, how nice of him not to visit his father all this time. Nothing else was really caught my eye. How about a battle deserving of these beasts? BAM, BAM, BAM, SMASH, SMASH, SMASH is so second-class here. An ultimate spear and shield pile on Ash? That boy would jump through any hoops set by the League for this. Otherwise building this relationship was sweet/not-so-sweet filler.

And then Bastiodon. Why is his every movement unsightly? How does that lock-jaw aim and spit fire so precisely? I pity the thing. Confined to that patch of dirt by all that impractical weight jutting out the everywhere. It also may be stuck in perpetual grimace.
    Last edited by Genome; 26th May 2009 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ash_forever View Post
    I really looked forward to this episode, especially to the showdown between my two favorite fossil Pokemon of all generations so far, and the waiting paid off!

First of all, Byron's voice was AWESOME as it perfectly underlined his most outstanding character traits. Among these are being somewhat creepy but also powerful, commanding and impressive. I do love such chararcters and so, both the writers and the US voice actor did me a big favor by inventing Byron and giving him such a fitting voice!
    But not only did I like Byron's voice but also his design in general. A fearless, muscly man with a cape is a promising concept and matches the definition of a successful gym leader, if you ask me.
    You've certainly figured out by now that Byron sure made a big impression on me! One thing you can say for sure: So far, all of Sinnoh's gym leaders have been great and definitely deserve their titles!

Let's continue: Byron admiring Team Rocket's holes was priceless. Some guys love fast cars, others appreciate good food and our friend Byron is crazy about fossils and digging perfectly round holes. There's no accounting for tastes!:XD2:

Unfortunately, I also found one point of criticism:
    I expected Rampardos and Bastiodon to be presented far stronger. I'm not referring to their duell but to the battle against Team Rocket's machine. Are we really supposed to believe that all those mighty behemoths could do was causing two little scratches (or holes if you like) in that machine, a ridiculously small damage compared to their true powers? If they faced Hunter J, for instance, it would've been somewhat understandable, but this is Team Rocket we're talking about... Don't get me wrong, I really like them and Pokemon could hardly go without them, but their machines are so weak (and today's maschine wasn't really huge or strong in particular) that normally even one of the two fossil Pokemon, either Rampardos or Bastiodon, should've finished them off with ease. But that's water under the bridge now and it can't be helped. (Nevertheless, I'm still interested what you think about it)

Did I forget something? Well, we also got a nice little family conflict, but fortunately with a happy end.
    Finally, Byron protecting Roark's very first fossil like his most precious treasure was so moving and the icing on the cake in an entertaining and great episode without mistakes apart from one weak point mentioned above.

I'm looking forward to witnessing an epic battle next week!

7.5/ 8 out of 10 points
    yeah i hated that too especiality since Rampardos have one of the ATK power in pokemon.

but the writers sometimes forget that Ghost attack dont work on normal types. so i just ignore it.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

I loved Byron, the voice was perfect and his love of team rockets hole was the best part of the episode and one of my favourite gym leader moments. As for the battle it would have been nice to see the whole thing, so far my favourite episode of the series.

I loved Byron, the voice was perfect and his love of team rockets hole was the best part of the episode and one of my favourite gym leader moments. As for the battle it would have been nice to see the whole thing, so far my favourite episode of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Bastiodeon did Flash Cannon, Flash Cannon was more of a beam? It is suppose to be a ball so the wirters must have just made that mistake on accident.
    No, it was the same with Bronzong.
    Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are remakes, confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    No, it was the same with Bronzong.
    But the thing is that Flash Cannon is supposed to be like a ball. It was in Movie 11, Norton told Shieldon to use Flash Cannon and it was ball.

White 2:

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast