Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Family Matter! (575)

Different Pokémon use attacks differently. Not to mention that Bronzong used it before movie 11 was made.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Well that all proplem solved! The stone that roark found, it was a sunkurn fossil! I though it was a leaf stone. Byron leaves Oreburg gym! I though he stole somthing in Oreburg gym! He also use to be a gym leader in Oreburg gym! o.o My bad..

Anyway In the game, I didn't like byron, hes boring. But in the Anime hes so my fav gym leader!
    His voise is so tough!
    He has a big anorith fossil!
    Hes funny!
    Hes really instent in battle!
    And hes muscular! I did know he has muscles!
    Byron is so tough and cool, that I really like him! His cape and shovel and all that reminds me of a Evil Theaf Pokemon Seel Type Master!(or somthing)

Also I didn't know Roark had a mother.
    Last edited by BogleDominic Crazy Anime; 27th May 2009 at 6:45 PM.

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Nice episode, and Roark is so cute as a little kid. Finding the Sunkern fossil is really cute as well and it's nice to see some father and son interaction between the fossil-loving family.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    Different Pokémon use attacks differently. Not to mention that Bronzong used it before movie 11 was made.
    Hmm, but the fact is that it is supposed to be ball like. In DP108 it used Flash Cannon on Chimchar and it was a ball. Besides, you can see in the name that Flash Cannon is supposed to be a ball.

Anyways, is it me or does that judge just always talk like he is tired?

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Byron's obession with the hole is epic win.

Kid Roark is adorbles.. :3 Cute glasses also.

Team Tropic Thunder?

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Hmm, but the fact is that it is supposed to be ball like. In DP108 it used Flash Cannon on Chimchar and it was a ball. Besides, you can see in the name that Flash Cannon is supposed to be a ball.

Anyways, is it me or does that judge just always talk like he is tired?
    Like I said, Pokémon use attacks in different ways. Has been that way since Day 1. The show doesn't always follow the games.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

lol yeah Byron being obsessed with the hole ws funny and also Bryon and Roark being obsesed with fossills as well
    I wasnt expecting to like this episode but I really liked it and it was also a good lead up to the sixth gym battle. Also Roark as a littke kid was so cute as well ^_^

I am confused now. When I watched the episode, it said the episode title was Ancient Family Matters, but here, it is called Ancient Family Matter. Which one is it?

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Indy View Post
    Byron's obession with the hole is epic win.

Kid Roark is adorbles.. :3 Cute glasses also.
    I wish I could figure out how old he is in that flashback. D:
    I'm guessing between 4-6 years? Either way, he was indeed adorable. :3
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

Word.

Hmm, it's been quite some time after I've watched this, so I'm going to have to rely on my memory banks for this...

*starts digging inside his memory*

Let's see... We have Ash finally able to enter the Canalave Gym, only to find that Byron is having issues with his son, who happens to be the Oreburgh Gym Leader, Roark. It seems to be that Byron was the Oreburgh leader in the past, but then traveled to Canalave for his own reasons. Of course, this quabble begins to escalate into a Pokemon fight, with Rampardos against Bastiodon.

As for the fight itself, there has been lots of move-spamming going on, as well as a lot of ramming. It's almost similar to the battering ram contest of an upset for a fight with Cresselia against Darkrai, except this one isn't unlike some fights in the wildlife with certain species locking their horns together to assert their superiority over their kind.

So Rampardos is like a spear, a weapon that can pierce anything? THe only thing I have to say about that claim is that it's BS. If a spear can't pierce a sheild, or Bastiodon in this case, then its claim that it can pierce anything is basically destroyed right here. Now about Bastiodon, he is indeed a sheild, which means that it can repel most anything thrown at it, but there is one thing: it only repels frontal assaults; if the opponent can vault over him & quickly strike at his back before it has a chance to react, the fight is lost for him, for the most part. That, I believe, will be the key to Ash's victory over him...

As for the rest, TR finds a way to steal Byron's fossils, but fails in the process by the combined efforts of Byron, Roark, & Ash's Pikachu. Also of note is the little Sunkern fossil that Roark found during his childhood years. I had no idea that other Pokemon can have fossils.

That's it, but that sure is a lot of stuff that I've dug up.

*leaves*

TR's robot just reminded me of Megaman. The reasons being that the name of the robot is Mecaman (similar to Megaman) and the controller used to control Mecaman just seem like something from the time of the N64.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    In case you didn't realize, that ball attack in DP108 was in fact Metal Burst not Flash Cannon (which you should've picked up on HoennMaster), because when it used Flash Cannon in the same episode against Gliscor it was a beam attack. When dealing with that varied looking attacks in the same episode they cannot be the same at all. We're not dealing with a tail to paw double slap were dealing with a completely different category of staple animation here.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharks Shouldn't Fly View Post
    I wish I could figure out how old he is in that flashback. D:
    I'm guessing between 4-6 years? Either way, he was indeed adorable. :3
    I'd guess around 6 to 8. Too bad there isn't an avatar of his Kidself on here, I'd use it.

Team Tropic Thunder?

This episode was good. Little Roark looked cute and I'm suprised Byron still has the fossil. ^^ The battle Roark and Byron had was good and when it was Bastidon vs. Rampardos it was like Diamond(Rampardos) vs.Pearl(Bastidon)That was cool.
    Last edited by Shadow XD001; 30th May 2009 at 6:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow XD001 View Post
    This episode was good. Little Roark looked cute and I'm suprised Byron still has the fossil. ^^ The battle Roark and Byron had was good and when it was Bastidon vs. Rampardos it was like Diamond(Rampardos) vs.Pearl(Bastidon)That was cool.
    Byron probably stillhad the fossil because he tresured it. His son found it for Byron and Byron treasured it.

White 2:

I'm definitely not surprised Byron kept the fossil, because he totally treasured it because he just left Roark with it in tow.
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

When I first heard about this episode and about Byron's character, I thought to myself, "Dan Green would make an AWESOME Byron. Too bad it's unlikely they'll use him as Byron's voice." For once, I'm glad I was wrong. I can't express how excited I was when I heard his voice. I shouted up to my sister (who was upstairs at the moment) that he was doing the voice of Byron, and she freaked out as well (did I mention her and I are MAJOR Dan Green fans?). Needless to say, Byron was the highlight of this episode. His obsession with holes was hilarious, and the "I love Bastiodon" line made me crack up as well XD.

Honestly though, I doubt I would've loved this episode even half as much had Byron's voice been different. The battle between Byron and Roark was ok, and the Team Rocket battle was meh. The fact that Byron was exactly like Brock's dad was kinda disappointing (can the writers not come up with their own ideas anymore?). Kid Roark was super cute though ^_^

Overall, the episode itself was alright, about a 6/10. The addition of Dan Green bumped it up to a 8.5/10 though. Yup.
    "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift.
    That is why they call it the present." -- Master Oogwai (from Kung Fu Panda)

Member of the Nintendo Wii and DS Club and the Christian Alliance

Spoiler:- My claims:

I loved Byron's obsession with holes! Laughed out loud when he was telling off Team Rocket for using a machine to dig holes.
    Yah-ha-ha-ha-haaa!Insanity!

Quote Originally Posted by shac View Post
    Oh my! the kid Roark...isn't he adorable? Whats he holding, a leaf-stone?

fan boy/girl
    And i was like "thats what she said" XD

I liked the episode. And like everyone else said, Byron's obsession with the whole TR dug was funny.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

Aww Little Roark looks soo cute XP
    i love episodes with fossil like pokemon
    >>PLEASE DO NOT PM ME, MY 3DS FRIEND LIST IS FULL!<<

Quote Originally Posted by BogleDominic Crazy Anime View Post

Also I didn't know Roark had a mother.
    Even before I saw this ep I was pretty sure Roark wasn't the product of cloning.

Overall, I liked this. Byron had great moments with the hole. Also, I found it hilarious when they were just shouting "Bastiodoooon!!!" "Rampardoooos!!!" for a good thirty seconds. It was like they were pretending to be their favorite pokemon. Glad there was an episode dedicated to the Roark/Byron relationship.
    Quote Originally Posted by boyangfriday View Post
    If black and white are the official names im gonna have to get black to not be racist, but also get white to not look obviously not racist.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy1308 View Post
    Even before I saw this ep I was pretty sure Roark wasn't the product of cloning.

Overall, I liked this. Byron had great moments with the hole. Also, I found it hilarious when they were just shouting "Bastiodoooon!!!" "Rampardoooos!!!" for a good thirty seconds. It was like they were pretending to be their favorite pokemon. Glad there was an episode dedicated to the Roark/Byron relationship.
    Yeah, Byron being in love with digging holes was also funny. That flashback to Roark finding the Sunkern fossil was cute, and Byron treasuring it was nice. In all the episode was good.
    Laurence | Rock
    3325-1721-6092
    Onix | Shuckle | Nosepass

Yeah, little Roark was adorable.
    Also, it was hilarious how Byron reacted to those holes dug by TR. He was so obsessed that he didn't even realize that he'd been robbed until the second time he was informed.

P.S. I just need to say this. This was terrible. I was halfway done making this post about fifteen minutes ago and accidentaly kicked the plug out of the wall. Man, it is excruciating to reboot the computer.
    FCs: 1564-3330-7308 (X) and 0361-6238-7128 (Y)
    Friend safari types: Fairy and Rock, respectively. PM me with your FC if you add me.

Quote Originally Posted by celebitrainer View Post
    Yeah, little Roark was adorable.
    Also, it was hilarious how Byron reacted to those holes dug by TR. He was so obsessed that he didn't even realize that he'd been robbed until the second time he was informed.

P.S. I just need to say this. This was terrible. I was halfway done making this post about fifteen minutes ago and accidentaly kicked the plug out of the wall. Man, it is excruciating to reboot the computer.
    lol it was funny with byron's reaction.
    Ash's team right now

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

If you deny any sort of existence of Iris's hair, put this into your sig (started by 5ilVer)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast