Page 130 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast
Results 3,226 to 3,250 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Dude View Post
    Thank you for the little one, Meetan. I shall treat him well :3
    *Goes to upgrade trainer card*
    You're welcome. Swinub's level 22, yay! ^^

Updated bio with Cherubi :3

Edit: Updated signature too :3
    Last edited by Ampharos_Dude; 13th August 2012 at 7:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    I would have happily taken that Koffing, so if you can hold on to it till I get my slots (which can take really really long like 2-3 months), I'll take it!
    Unfortunately, I don't think I can hold on to him for that long. Maybe you could find a babysitter?

*peeks into the adoption centre* Hmm, seems a little Corsola will in there soon... Too bad I can't since I adopted Rawk (with the one-adoption-a-month rule), water types are also adventure-friendly thanks to the water-based HMs.

Which bring me to a curiosity question: In the Pokémon games, did you use one or two pokémon just for HM moves, or would try to spread it through your team/Pokémon?

Back in the day I would try my best in integrate the HM moves into the strongest team, but then later I grew wiser and saw how bad some moves were in battle so I would put them all after a few of them X) I sometimes regret that strategy whenever I get myself into a surprise strong trainer/wild Pokémon that beats my whole team up and leaves me with the leftover "HMer" which usually stayed at a lower level than where I'm at... o.o;

Surf is usually the only HM move I use since my Water types tend to be Special based. I've used Fly on my Japanese Crobat in Japanese Diamond, maybe even Japanese SS. Without it, I may have lost to Cynthia. Flash - is that even 99% Accuracy? Cut - it was nice in the beginning before Gen V. Now that Tackle has 50 Power, Cut is pretty HM-Slave-worthy. Strength - something of mine had it once...I forget. Rock Climb - no. Rock Smash - wait, I used this on my Technician Scizor in HG/SS (I think HG). That was pretty fun. Waterfall - I hardly use Physical Water, but if I did I would totally use it. Dive - The only annoyer I'd use this on would be Ludicolo for Toxic damage. If I want an annoyer, I'd use Trapbat. Is that all of them? Whirlpool - never.

I like HM Slaves. Tropius, Empoleon (If I decided not to use it), Samurott (again if I didn't use it). In Gen 3, I AR'd a couple Mew as HM Slaves - Travel Mew (Surf, Waterfall, Dive, Fly) - Utility Mew (Cut, Strength, Flash, Rock Smash).
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

In the Pokémon games, did you use one or two pokémon just for HM moves, or would try to spread it through your team/Pokémon?

Whenever I play a run of any Pokemon game I tend to use a HM Slave to carry the crap moves that are needed like Cut, Flash, Rock Smash, etc. Strength and Surf are the only moves I give to regular team members for actual battle use. Zigzagoon/Meowth are great HM Slaves because they also have Pick Up.

Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Which bring me to a curiosity question: In the Pokémon games, did you use one or two pokémon just for HM moves, or would try to spread it through your team/Pokémon?

Back in the day I would try my best in integrate the HM moves into the strongest team, but then later I grew wiser and saw how bad some moves were in battle so I would put them all after a few of them X) I sometimes regret that strategy whenever I get myself into a surprise strong trainer/wild Pokémon that beats my whole team up and leaves me with the leftover "HMer" which usually stayed at a lower level than where I'm at... o.o;
    I never used an HM Slave in any play-through. Whatever pokemon I used were able to learn what I needed between all of them. If not I just took one out till I no longer needed the HM move. I only use HM Slaves after the main game when I need certain things in my team for sidequests, like legends.

In the Pokémon games, did you use one or two pokémon just for HM moves, or would try to spread it through your team/Pokémon?
    Back when I was a complete noob, I loaded up my Feraligatr with HMs in Silver, leaving Waterfall to a randomly caught Goldeen en route to Indigo Plateau, and Fly to a level 2 Pidgey caught on Route 29. These days, I try and spread the HMs out as evenly as possible. In FR/LG, though, I usually try to use something I randomly caught for Flash, unless my team is already complete by the time I get to Rock Tunnel, because let's face it, back then, Flash sucked balls. In FireRed, just recently, my Electrode handled Flash, and I deleted the move ASAP. Right now, the HMs for my team are arranged as follows;

Cut: Vileplume
    Fly: Fearow
    Surf: Blastoise
    Strength: Arcanine
    Flash: N/A (formerly Electrode)
    Rock Smash: Arcanine
    Waterfall: N/A (not that far yet)

The only member of my FR team that has never had an HM move is my Clefable.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

*peeks into the adoption centre* Hmm, seems a little Corsola will in there soon... Too bad I can't since I adopted Rawk (with the one-adoption-a-month rule), water types are also adventure-friendly thanks to the water-based HMs.
    You should totally get that Corsola when you can. ;O

I would spread it throughout my team. Don't like HM slaves. I sorta used the Shiny Gyarados in Silver as one though. ^^;

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Since I plan out my team beforehand, HM moves are included and spread out. However, I do tend to give more HM moves if possible to those below the totem pole, and give none at all to the more favourite ones. I only use HM slaves, like starters, when I have not captured said planned pokemon, or for one-off side quests post Elite-4.

Hence what made Gen 5 epic in my opinion, HM moves are no longer needed for the main game.
    A place where I store stuff that I create. Ascension Drive. | Fizzy Bubbles

Hm-slave Bidoof says hi. God I hate HM moves, with the exception of Surf and Fly.
    And I find it great that you only have to use one hm in gen 5 story, and you need to use it only once too.

>HM Slaves
    >No one mentions Bibarel

lolwut?
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

I'd have a Crawdaunt as a Water HM slave in Ruby/Sapphire, and my HG's Quagsire is a HM boss getting Surf, Whirlpool, Waterfall, and Earthquake. Not too shabby, huh?

Best HM slaves: Bibarel and Quaqsire, nuff said.

Put Golduck with those. I gets Flash.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

Quote Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
    Put Golduck with those. I gets Flash.
    'Cept if you never use Flash. (I never use it anyway :3)

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post

I think I only had them in diamond an pearl, Bibarel being mine. But I still used it a lot in battle and loved it very much! It even got Pokerust (with the rest of my team). Sadly all my Pokemon are trapped in Pokemon ranch

Quote Originally Posted by TutorX View Post
    I think I only had them in diamond an pearl, Bibarel being mine. But I still used it a lot in battle and loved it very much! It even got Pokerust (with the rest of my team). Sadly all my Pokemon are trapped in Pokemon ranch
    Trapped? 0_o
    How is that possible?

Um, guys? Tropius?
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Guys! A special offer is on at the TCG Palace if you don't know. In the next 24 hours, you can buy loads of stuff for almost nothing! If anyone is interested, check out here!
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

Guys! A special offer is on at the TCG Palace if you don't know. In the next 24 hours, you can buy loads of stuff for almost nothing! If anyone is interested, check out here!
    W00T! Except I don't play tcg... And it still costs a lot

Quote Originally Posted by Ampharos_Dude View Post
    Trapped? 0_o
    How is that possible?
    Well you see if you erase your file in diamond and start over, you can not retrieve the Pokemon from the ranch, as technically they aren't yours. I have attempted to get the same trainer ID, so that I can transfer them again. Doubt that will ever happen though (or if it will even work)

You is awesome! thx

Quote Originally Posted by TutorX View Post
    Well you see if you erase your file in diamond and start over, you can not retrieve the Pokemon from the ranch, as technically they aren't yours. I have attempted to get the same trainer ID, so that I can transfer them again. Doubt that will ever happen though (or if it will even work)
    Ouch. But I suppose it could work :3

Umm tess, I was wondering if you had confirmed my leppa berry purchase when I retrieved this week's free berry. Or would you prefer that I put it in a different post?

Quote Originally Posted by poketim2 View Post
    Umm tess, I was wondering if you had confirmed my leppa berry purchase when I retrieved this week's free berry. Or would you prefer that I put it in a different post?
    The free berries work the same way as the free Rare Candy at the Pokémart - there won't be a separate confirmation post.

Page 130 of 189 FirstFirst ... 3080120126127128129130131132133134140180 ... LastLast