Page 145 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,625 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Well, everyone, meet Neville, the newest member of- oh, crap, where'd he go? OK, everyone just watch your step, and try not to move if you hear insane giggling anywhere near you.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

*hears childlike giggling and freezes* ACK! Kid zombies! O_O

Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Huh, did not know that! The more you know!

Does Pokémon that are at shops (Daycare/Beauty Salon) can join in too? It'll suck if it's not possible since two out of the 3 in my team are in there (that's what happens when noticing you're "updateless" minimum a full month in all zones you're in).

Well, seems that we found a way to settle this ...If only TutorX could reply and agree/confirm with me for the battle, and perhaps wait in case others wants to join the "fun"... ^^;

Knew you would say something about this XP
    Well I would prefer a debate (possibly in character or something), but sure a battle is fine

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    *hears childlike giggling and freezes* ACK! Kid zombies! O_O
    Sure you froze because of that, or because of...

_______Stunfisk's__________
    ___________Static_________\

So, yes, for those of you who do not know, I am now the proud owner of a mischievous, prank-loving, possibly insane male Stunfisk by the name of Neville.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Sure you froze because of that, or because of...

_______Stunfisk's__________
    ___________Static_________\

So, yes, for those of you who do not know, I am now the proud owner of a mischievous, prank-loving, possibly insane male Stunfisk by the name of Neville.
    I have the feeling we'll be seeing a lot of this in MM's posts from now on.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    I have the feeling we'll be seeing a lot of this in MM's posts from now on.
    You're pretty perceptive. Don't worry, I'll try to not get annoying with it.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by TutorX View Post
    Well I would prefer a debate (possibly in character or something), but sure a battle is fine
    That would work too, I was only giving out ideas ^^; If the debate goes nowhere though, a trainer battle would be the resort for that ^^; A beginner tier, 1-vs-1 one in Cloud Garden's Stardust Fields with a DQ time of 48 hours will do, unless it doesn't agree with you.

Well, to start the debate a bit, here's some reasons why I should take the Corsola:
    • Being a water type and incidently my first one, she'll be helping out a lot in waterlogged zones;
    • Having only three pokémon, which all needs training (since I haven't got any action for at least a month), Corsola will help me out put the maximum 2 pokémon in the Daycare and my Eevee get her major Beauty treatment to become an Espeon (and may be the first Eeveeolution in my possible goal to get them all). Of course, I'll be training her too.
    • Corsola is one of the semi-rare water pokémon that I actually like. Come on, she's adorable :3
    • I'll be taking care of her well obviously, and have a good (albeit slightly disfunctional) small family to be with ^^

"Before the debate could get underway, Myrrh decided to undercut both OkikuMew and TutorX by rushing to the Adoption Centre with three Rare Candies tumbling inside his pocket. He does not feel bad about this one bit."

What will Tutor's rebutal be?

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover View Post
    So, um, I guess I should say hi to everyone. I'm newish and not exactly a social butterfly but I am interested in this! Probably won't see much more of me after this bluh.
    Hi, and welcome to FB! Feel free to talk to us anytime, even if it's just to ask questions. =) (We promise we won't bite. X3)

P.S. I approve of all of OkikuMew's points. Looking forward to seeing what Tutor will come up with. ^~

Corsola Wars = Win.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    Corsola Wars = Win.
    I just wish that sort of thing would happen over Qwilfish, or other less-appreciated Pokemon...

Oh, yes, welcome to FB, LASL!

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I just wish that sort of thing would happen over Qwilfish, or other less-appreciated Pokemon...
    *pat pat MM*

Maybe you should come up with a list of bullet points as to why Qwilfish is awesome to persuade others? ;O

~*~

That would work too, I was only giving out ideas ^^; If the debate goes nowhere though, a trainer battle would be the resort for that ^^; A beginner tier, 1-vs-1 one in Cloud Garden's Stardust Fields with a DQ time of 48 hours will do, unless it doesn't agree with you.

Well, to start the debate a bit, here's some reasons why I should take the Corsola:
    • Being a water type and incidently my first one, she'll be helping out a lot in waterlogged zones;
    • Having only three pokémon, which all needs training (since I haven't got any action for at least a month), Corsola will help me out put the maximum 2 pokémon in the Daycare and my Eevee get her major Beauty treatment to become an Espeon (and may be the first Eeveeolution in my possible goal to get them all). Of course, I'll be training her too.
    • Corsola is one of the semi-rare water pokémon that I actually like. Come on, she's adorable :3
    • I'll be taking care of her well obviously, and have a good (albeit slightly disfunctional) small family to be with ^^
    I meant a random topic picked by an impartial third party that would later be judged by lilblue

- Corsola is my favourite rock typed, due to it be adorable and having really fun moves
    - She would be my first water-typed Pokemon, so she would be prominent in any challenges involving water
    - I have two bug Pokemon (plan to have more), and Corsola can stop all three types bug is weak to, patching up holes on my team
    - My team is almost all girls, so she would have a very stable feminine evironment though I am a male

(Should LilBlue be judging this?)

She's your friendly-neighborhood-Corsola-priestess, of course she should...and even if she shouldn't, she will. >->

I think Gmoyes is still trying to get rid of his Corsola, so maybe one of you can get his and the other can adopt the one in the AC?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    I think Gmoyes is still trying to get rid of his Corsola, so maybe one of you can get his and the other can adopt the one in the AC?
    No, I think the one in the Centre is his. Well was.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    "Before the debate could get underway, Myrrh decided to undercut both OkikuMew and TutorX by rushing to the Adoption Centre with three Rare Candies tumbling inside his pocket. He does not feel bad about this one bit."
    That would be a bad move on your part :P

No, I think the one in the Centre is his. Well was.
    I can confirm this. When I restarted the Corsola debate recently...
    Quote Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
    Nah, it's just that I was the one who dropped it off in the first place. Now everyone's making me feel guilty.
    So there you have it.

I meant a random topic picked by an impartial third party that would later be judged by lilblue

- Corsola is my favourite rock typed, due to it be adorable and having really fun moves
    - She would be my first water-typed Pokemon, so she would be prominent in any challenges involving water
    - I have two bug Pokemon (plan to have more), and Corsola can stop all three types bug is weak to, patching up holes on my team
    - My team is almost all girls, so she would have a very stable feminine evironment though I am a male

*nods nods* Good arguments, but I think it is a good idea Lilblue will be the judge, being FB's "Corsola priestess" like kaisap said XD

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    She's your friendly-neighborhood-Corsola-priestess, of course she should...and even if she shouldn't, she will. >->
    I think we should get her a crown made of coral.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    I think we should get her a crown made of coral.
    Isn't there an item that's like coral in the games/FB? Or could we just go by the Boutique? x3

Aw, you guys flatter me. <3 A coral crown would be cool. (I've also always wanted the pretty Sea Priestress staff from the animé. ^~) I can be the Corsola Queen, and MM can be the Qwilfish King. \o/

On the subject of Corsola memorabilia... *proudly shows off her Corsola Pokédex, key chains, cup & ball*

*sigh* If only the cruise hadn't capsized... I would've loved to get to know Coral more... I mean, um, ask where she got her Corsola clothes. ^^;

Now then, for the judging:

+1 to Tutor in the Favorites category for use of "the" instead of "one of". (Kudos to both for using "adorable" though. <3)
    No winner in the Water specific category since it'll be a first to fill that Type for both teams.
    +1 to Tutor in the Team Asset category for complimenting Corsola's typing as advantageous rather than a drawback.
    +1 to OkikuMew in the Family category for use of the word "dysfunctional".

Looks like it's leaning in Tutor's favor for now. =O Any other reasons or objections people would like to raise before we hear closing statements from both parties? (Opening up the floor so others may join too if they wish. ^~)

~*~

Aw, you guys flatter me. <3 A coral crown would be cool. (I've also always wanted the pretty Sea Priestress staff from the animé. ^~) I can be the Corsola Queen, and MM can be the Qwilfish King. \o/
    Qwilfish King... I like the sound of that...

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Alliteration makes everything sound better. *Bows to you both* Or is it kneel?

Alliteration makes everything sound better. *Bows to you both* Or is it kneel?
    Aye, amazingly, absolute alliterative appeal astonishes and awes all.

Bow, kneel, either one will do.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

On the subject of Corsola memorabilia... *proudly shows off her Corsola Pokédex, key chains, cup & ball*

*sigh* If only the cruise hadn't capsized... I would've loved to get to know Coral more... I mean, um, ask where she got her Corsola clothes. ^^;

Now then, for the judging:

+1 to Tutor in the Favorites category for use of "the" instead of "one of". (Kudos to both for using "adorable" though. <3)
    No winner in the Water specific category since it'll be a first to fill that Type for both teams.
    +1 to Tutor in the Team Asset category for complimenting Corsola's typing as advantageous rather than a drawback.
    +1 to OkikuMew in the Family category for use of the word "dysfunctional".

Looks like it's leaning in Tutor's favor for now. =O Any other reasons or objections people would like to raise before we hear closing statements from both parties? (Opening up the floor so others may join too if they wish. ^~)
    Thanks for the feedback, Corsola Queen lilblue But now...

If a debate you want, it's a debate you'll get... Seems it is time *cracks fingers* to be up to my game...
    *Menacingly points* OBJECTION! *slams down hands on desk*

The use of "the" implies that Corsola is the most favorite of Tutor's taste of water Pokémon, but doesn't "one of" implies that Corsola can be loved above all the other water pokémon, just simply in exequo/tie with others? Doesn't it also implies, since liking more than one water pokémon, means that if I had more than one water pokémon, I would treat them all equally like they deserve? Playing favorites when training Pokémon is not a good thing...

First, I never mentioned Corsola's typing as a disadvantage. Second and more importantly, I also have not mentioned the advantage of type in my team as my team is small in the first place (consists only of 3: one normal/flying, one dark and one normal) and any new pokémon with a type different than theirs would be an advantage! Not to mention, a water/rock type would be a more-than-good addition since my small team is currently weak against rock types (against my normal/flying) which can be countered with water, and bug types (against my dark) which this could be countered with rock! ...Unfortunately, I have to admit and not hide, she will add a slight disadvantage against fighting types... but not only I have a flying-type to counter that already, but later on the normal type will be psychic type... which will give more reason for having a rock type to counter bugs!

After you, Tutor *curtseys*
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 5th September 2012 at 2:18 AM.

I'm a rebel, I bow to no one.

Aye, amazingly, absolute alliterative appeal astonishes and awes all.

Bow, kneel, either one will do.
    Maybe you should have Kori's Adventure in the CG instead. XP

Don't forget curtsey! (As OkikuMew has elegantly showed us. ^~)

The use of "the" implies that Corsola is the most favorite of Tutor's taste of water Pokémon, but doesn't "one of" implies that Corsola can be loved above all the other water pokémon, just simply in exequo/tie with others? Doesn't it also implies, since liking more than one water pokémon, means that if I had more than one water pokémon, I would treat them all equally like they deserve? Playing favorites when training Pokémon is not a good thing...
    A fair rebuttal. While we're clarifying, Tutor actually claimed Corsola was his favorite Rock Pokémon. Perhaps we should hear his take on how Corsola compares to other Water Types before proceeding, as well as your view on Rocks. ;O

(Note that I don't believe favoritism should necessarily be an important factor. I am only weighing your current respective arguments against each other to determine which is better/more persuasive.)

First, I never mentioned Corsola's typing as a disadvantage. Second and more importantly, I also have not mentioned the advantage of type in my team as my team is small in the first place (consists only of 3: one normal/flying, one dark and one normal) and any new pokémon with a type different than theirs would be an advantage! Not to mention, a water/rock type would be a more-than-good addition since my small team is currently weak against rock types (against my normal/flying) which can be countered with water, and bug types (against my dark) which this could be countered with rock! ...Unfortunately, I have to admit and not hide, she will add a slight disadvantage against fighting types... but not only I have a flying-type to counter that already, but later on the normal type will be psychic type... which will give more reason for having a rock type to counter bugs!
    I as well never mentioned that you did mention Type as a disadvantage. I was only remarking on the fact Tutor took care to appreciate Corsola's unique typing whereas usually people see it as a severe limitation. In terms of the original point of discussion you outlined, which is how Corsola would benefit your team, Tutor wins by a wide margin, since it seemed like you valued Corsola more as a placeholder so you can optimize your training. Filling numbers for efficiency rather than as an individual with her own merits.

I understand that was not your intent and you have a greater interest in equality, but I'm simply biased towards anyone who applauds Corsola's "weaknesses" as strengths. =P

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    I'm a rebel, I bow to no one.
    We'll see about that. *uses Corsola staff to hypnotize Takeo into thinking he's her slave*

~*~

Page 145 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4595135141142143144145146147148149155 ... LastLast