Page 164 of 189 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast
Results 4,076 to 4,100 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    If you read through the replies you will see those that took the none hostile route encountered an Unown that could do little to nothing to their partners, as for me I encountered one that could very well x4 my Larvitar if action wasn't taken first, just depends on the situation.
    This is very true with the Hidden Power Fighting Unown ? vs. Liliana... Duskull is immune to fighting, and her attacks are super effective against psychic-types. Basically, the fight would be completely unfair, hence the pacifist approach. Even so, the way that Unown ? was described was "wary", which implies caution more than offense, so it wouldn't make sense to just start attacking it. Minerva's a sadist, but not against defenseless Pokemon who she feels do not deserve it.

[FB || PASBL]

Perk of not starting off showing what pokemon you have with you. You can choose whichever one you want when you need it. Tess gave me an Unown L with HP Bug, so I'm going to use my Klink to battle it. And of course I'm battling it, I still haven't got my first capture!
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

I didn't even concider pacifism, honestly. I'll blame it on El's excitement, she's on a bit of an adrenaline high anyway X3

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

... My Unown was hiding in the shadows.

I am a monster.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    This is very true with the Hidden Power Fighting Unown ? vs. Liliana... Duskull is immune to fighting, and her attacks are super effective against psychic-types. Basically, the fight would be completely unfair, hence the pacifist approach. Even so, the way that Unown ? was described was "wary", which implies caution more than offense, so it wouldn't make sense to just start attacking it. Minerva's a sadist, but not against defenseless Pokemon who she feels do not deserve it.
    I couldn't honestly tell with mine, Athena just sensed that the Unown could very well hurt her, meh, we'll see what comes from it ^^;

Quote Originally Posted by gmoyes View Post
    Perk of not starting off showing what pokemon you have with you. You can choose whichever one you want when you need it. Tess gave me an Unown L with HP Bug, so I'm going to use my Klink to battle it. And of course I'm battling it, I still haven't got my first capture!
    It would be my first capture too, but I pretty much let the Unown choose between the pacifist and fighting paths ^^; But since his HM is Fighting, it wouldn't surprise me if he does fight X)

Edit: *sees that Halloween's Super Pass link for Move tutor was incorrect* Huh!? What the...? *realized that ALL Super Pass links were incorrect* ...I think I just died a bit on the inside.
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 12th November 2012 at 2:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover View Post
    I didn't even concider pacifism, honestly. I'll blame it on El's excitement, she's on a bit of an adrenaline high anyway X3
    I read 'scary Unown crackling Lightning at me' and did 'Offer Unown to get in the Pokeball without harm or KILL IT WITH FIRE STEEL MOVES.'

I am, afterall, more interested in helping science.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    ... My Unown was hiding in the shadows.
    "Ah, you think darkness is your ally. You've merely adapted the dark. Unown was born in it, molded by it. Unown didn't see the light until it was a man and by then it was only blinding!"

The Unown I encountered didn't really have anything on my Aerodactyl, but I still switched to Scizor to have an easier time (and to RP with him within a zone for once). Personally, it never crossed my mind to go pacifist unless I was given a very good reason to do so. While my character isn't the type to go around attacking "helpless" Pokémon, very strange occurrences are happening indeed because of the Unown, and I was given the specific task of capturing them as soon as possible, so that's what I'm doing. :P

I do intend to capture them as fast as I can to minimize harming them too much in the process.

>Cortoza

Mt. Fumi erupts and I have the choice between running to a cave for shelter or to run down a different trail to avoid the lava. Obvious choice: Run into the cave for the obvious incoming cave-in that traps me in which forces me to find my way out through an alternate way.

The Unown I'm facing was crackling with electricity. I know it was pretty much just to convey the Hidden Power type to me, but still, that doesn't sound like the behavior of an Unown that doesn't want a fight. So Myrtle's gonna force-feed that little Unown O a couple of super-effective hits, and then I'll go for the Poke Ball.

In other news, Hermione's learned all her possible moves (not counting the IQ-dependent Gummi Bomb and Defensive Shield, of course) now- she just got out of the Move Tutor's with Bug Bite and Electroweb.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I attempted to throw a pokeball right away, with some sort of backup plan for when it escapes from it/dodges the ball.

Just because I'm bored and waiting to get my klink out of the daycare, I made a tally for all of the Unowns by letter and type of hidden power:
        Spoiler:- Type:

Spoiler:- Letter:

So we're missing a Fire and Steel typed Unown and letters B, E, G, J, Q, R, U, V and !
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

Well, seeing as it's Absol... Besides, it showed hostility towards me first, so we're just responding to it. And I'll also try to catch it. But for now, Icarus and I are just going to provoke it to attack and see how much of a fight it's going to put up.

Strange, my post problems weren't a connection issue, since now I'm back on high-speed and I still can't edit/quote posts. All the HTML buttons have disappeared too. Have to type them all manually now.

I figured out a work-around by opening the link in a new window, but it's very tedious curious... This only happens on SPPf, it seems. *inb4 Talon says Serebii sucks*
    Last edited by lilbluecorsola; 12th November 2012 at 5:44 AM.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Lucky us you Talon doesn't have a serebii account *shot*

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Lucky us you Talon doesn't have a serebii account *shot*
    I don't know if I could take twice the Talon anyway. XP *shot*

~*~

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Well, seeing as it's Absol... Besides, it showed hostility towards me first, so we're just responding to it. And I'll also try to catch it. But for now, Icarus and I are just going to provoke it to attack and see how much of a fight it's going to put up.
    One thing you might want to note, Absol has a GIGANTIC movepool.

You have been warned.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Let's see. RoA reply written up. SoS I'm going to ask you to wait another week, so I can leave my Wooper and Heracross in the Daycare for another level (so I can evolve Wooper in battle). I'll write the reply up next though. However, If I get it done today, before midnight in London, I'll probably get it posted when I get home.

As for my updatees, I'm partially through one, so I'll finish that one at home. I could work on my remaining updates during my lunch breaks this week.

EDIT: Note to self...update my Sig too.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    One thing you might want to note, Absol has a GIGANTIC movepool.

You have been warned.
    Yeah, I don't know how big of a movepool this particular Absol has yet, so I'm just scouting right now. Hopefully, it's at a level where Icarus can beat it because I don't want to switch him out and make him think I don't trust him.

Congrats on the Ferroseed LASL.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Hmmm, Ferroseed. Technically not non-biological, but still on my want list.
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats

Speaking of Ferroseed, I got Pokedex 3D Pro the day it came out, and I was astonished to discover I had been mispronouncing Ferroseed and Ferrothorn the whole time! Well, I don't know if it counts as a mispronunciation, per se, but the emphasis goes on the second syllables, rather than the first like I had thought. I had also been saying Aron wrong, but I think I have the anime to blame for that one.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I am opening 3 more updatee slots at BMG's Cascadia, so feel free to post an intro. Only 3 for the moment though, so it's first come, first serve.

I for one don't like the way they pronounce Ferroseed/Ferrothorn, so I just go by my way.

Ohey I can edit/quote posts again. \o/ Finally fixed my Profile a bit.

~*~

Page 164 of 189 FirstFirst ... 64114154160161162163164165166167168174 ... LastLast