Page 166 of 189 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast
Results 4,126 to 4,150 of 4712

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

I like the Battle Frontier saga the most, it didn't leave Ash off as a complete idiot from start to finish and seeing all of his older Pokemon get screen time was awesome.

I stopped wathcing regularly during Johto, but is it just me or the "animations" of the Hoenn arc battles were little more than still images of Pokemon with those horrible monochromatic backgrounds? I remember seeing a couple of battles and thinking "holy ****, these guys got lazy!"...

Seems to have gotten a lot better with Unova (don't know much about Sinnoh); BW has some pretty fluid animations during matches, at least compared to Hoenn. It's like they care again.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Tobias
    Tobias was one of the worst things ever that the anime did. I LOVED Darkrai's character in the movie and Latios a favorite of mine, but Tobias came in there and screwed **** up SO BAD.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

I stopped watching the animé towards the end of Hoenn - basically just before the VA switch. After seeing the sample ep, didn't think I'd care to continue after that. My interest was already waning at that point anyway.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

I stopped watching pokemon sometime around 2000 I think. probably around the time I got obsessed with digimon / sick of pokemon because I couldn't figure out how to leave my house in Silver.

I thought the doormat was a bridge OK!

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

I liked the Hoenn Arc actually. I mean, Seviper! My interest in the series was already waning in general though, and mid way through I dropped it altogether. The manga however...

Yea the manga was gold

IS GOLD. IS.

As for the anime I kinda watched on and off like all the way up to D/P. Like leaving it for a few months then catch up in one day or something but honestly I got so bored of all the fillers. I like how B/W actually gives TR some power again, once they became cliche they're obligatory cameos were boring.

My favourite series, much like the video games, is still Gen I.

The manga I do have to admit is quite good. I've read all through the Red arc, and I enjoy it quite a bit.

I think it is time for an out-of-the-blue question:

What is your favorite female and male Gym Leader?

As I have said multiple times before, Sabrina is my female favorite. Her character in the anime truly was one of the most unique(the whole double personality thing and the complete break with reality). I wish they would bring her back, just to see what things are like now. Manga wise, I liked her too, being very arrogant. It was fun reading the battle between her and Green, that is for sure.

My favorite male Gym Leader has to be Brock. XD I resonate best with him, and none of the other gym leaders really stand out to me.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover View Post
    I stopped watching pokemon sometime around 2000 I think. probably around the time I got obsessed with digimon / sick of pokemon because I couldn't figure out how to leave my house in Silver.
    I remember in the beginning Digimon and Pokémon were in the same timeslot on different channels, and they battled for my attention briefly, but Pokémon won out in the end. Really liked the second season of Digimon though (which is about all I saw up to).

I stopped reading the Special manga around D/P, partly because I hadn't played the games yet and couldn't really relate to what was going on. Didn't care much for the character interpretations either. (Snooty rich girl and two bad comics, ugh. Maybe it was due to the translation but the jokes got were annoying.) Anyway, I was mostly interested solely for Silver's story. <3 (I forget whether I saw the conclusion to the "stone" situation, actually. Did that get resolved before/during D/P?)

What Who is your favorite female and male Gym Leader?

Female would be Jasmine. I just really like her design and character for some reason.

Male would be... Green, I guess. Both for personal and canon reasons.

~*~

Male: Blue. Not sure why.

Female: Roxie. Awesome on so many levels.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Prologue up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I just watched the Virbank City Gym battles. Here are some of the highlights:

Scoliopede. One of my favorite Gen V Poisons.

Gunk Shot. It is an actual bag of trash.

Garbodor's dodging. That had me in goddamn tears from laughing so hard.

And Fire Pledge is awesome.

Male: Drayden his beard is just too epic. :P

For Female, I had to use my top 3 as I cannot choose between them. In no particular order
    Misty, Skyla, and Jasmine.

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    Anyway, I was mostly interested solely for Silver's story. <3 (I forget whether I saw the conclusion to the "stone" situation, actually. Did that get resolved before/during D/P?)
    Yea Silver was my favorite too \o/ I just loved the dark side if it so much !
    And yea they resolved it in Emerald arc.

Quote Originally Posted by Takeo View Post
    Yea Silver was my favorite too \o/ I just loved the dark side if it so much !
    And yea they resolved it in Emerald arc.
    I just love how Silver was the first to have some solid character development in Pokémon, and his story is still one of the deepest. (Granted, I haven't played BW so I don't know what the whole deal with N is.)

Ah, yeah. Hence why I didn't feel as motivated anymore to continue.

~*~

Favorite Gym Leaders

Female: Elesa, because of, um, yeah >.> But seriously, I like how she was done in the anime and the flashback scene in B/W 2. Second would be Candice and third a toss up between Roxie, Whitney, and Sabrina. Superficial reasons -_-

Male: Never really gave much thought to this, I think a lot of male characters are cool looking and all (moar superficial reasons), but never pay much attention to them. I guess it would be Drayden or Blane.

Is anyone still looking for Gummies? I have a small number of them left, and the Haunter Plushie, and not much else. My signature links to my Profile which links to my Cable Club post if anyone is interested in taking a look.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrh View Post
    Is anyone still looking for Gummies? I have a small number of them left, and the Haunter Plushie, and not much else. My signature links to my Profile which links to my Cable Club post if anyone is interested in taking a look.
    Any Green, Pink, or Mysterious Gummis? If so, I'd be interested, though I must warn you I don't have much to trade... 1 candy, 1,000 coins, and an assortment of berries, that's about it.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Any Green, Pink, or Mysterious Gummis? If so, I'd be interested, though I must warn you I don't have much to trade... 1 candy, 1,000 coins, and an assortment of berries, that's about it.
    I have two Green. My Mysterious Gummi are off the table sadly. One candy for both or whatever amount of Coins you think is fair for both would be fine I guess.

I have two Green. My Mysterious Gummi are off the table sadly. One candy for both or whatever amount of Coins you think is fair for both would be fine I guess.
    1 candy sounds fine. I'll start the trade.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Has the Haunter plushie been used? What do you want for it?

~*~

Who is your favorite female and male Gym Leader?

Female: Sabrina for sure (especially because of the manga). I think the anime ruined potentially cool female gym leaders, and R/S ruined a few like Winona and Flannery.

Male: Lt. Surge

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    [COLOR="#ADD8E6"][SIZE=1]I stopped reading the Special manga around D/P, partly because I hadn't played the games yet and couldn't really relate to what was going on. Didn't care much for the character interpretations either. (Snooty rich girl and two bad comics, ugh. Maybe it was due to the translation but the jokes got were annoying.) Anyway, I was mostly interested solely for Silver's story. <3 (I forget whether I saw the conclusion to the "stone" situation, actually. Did that get resolved before/during D/P?)
    I actually warmed to D/P/Pt a lot. The snooty rich girl develops into a strong person and I found the comic's jokes are funny. I think James (Kratos) and I used to recreate the jokes a lot. Not as good as the other arcs, granted, but still enjoyable.

B/W is especially good. I know you haven't played the games but it is a fantastic arc and should be read if you can get it.

I'm not but would you be willing to trade that Red Cyberball for a candy?

Nah, sorry ;n; only trading things in my Cable Club post.

I saw it more as proof that Roxie is totally awesome more than I saw it as proof that Ash sucks. Remember, Ash is the only one who ever KO'd Tobias's Darkrai, and Pikachu was even able to tie with Latios in the same battle.
    So Pikachu can tie with Latios yet lose to a Woobat. SEEMS LEGIT.

I'm not going to lie, I stopped watching the animé when I realised how full of complete crap it was. That happened shortly after the Orange Islands, when I was maybe... I dunno, it was a long time ago.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    [size=1]I actually warmed to D/P/Pt a lot. The snooty rich girl develops into a strong person and I found the comic's jokes are funny. I think James (Kratos) and I used to recreate the jokes a lot. Not as good as the other arcs, granted, but still enjoyable.

B/W is especially good. I know you haven't played the games but it is a fantastic arc and should be read if you can get it.
    Mm, I think I got to the turning point where the plot started to pick up and there was character development and stuff... I just didn't really care that much anymore. ^^; I also still miss the early art style. Whatever happened to the original artist?

From what I hear, the canon source material for B/W is pretty solid, so I'm sure they did some cool stuff with it. May try to check it out again when I play the games and have time to actually catch up. (Another reason I didn't keep up is that I think I reached the end of available translations at the time, then after letting it sit for so long and forgetting everything it just didn't seem worth it to go through again to review before even touching all the new stuff. Same goes for Gakuen Alice.)

~*~

She became ill and couldn't continue.

Page 166 of 189 FirstFirst ... 66116156162163164165166167168169170176 ... LastLast