Page 167 of 189 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast
Results 4,151 to 4,175 of 4712

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    She became ill and couldn't continue.
    Really? =( I never knew. Sorry to hear that.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Yeah Mako's art was great for the first 9 volumes. They are probably some of my favourite chapters but I like Yamamoto's style too. Obviously Red, Blue, Green and Yellow were amazing. Gold and Silver was enjoyable too and a lot of Crystal was good too (the main plot; the gym leader tournament; legendary dogs) but there were parts that were fillers it wasn't as 'MUST. READ. EVERY. TINY. DETAIL' as much as R/B/G/Y/G/S. I very much enjoyed FireRed & LeafGreen as well as HeartGold & SoulSilver, mainly because seeing the characters again was amazing. Emerald and Platinum bored me a little and I didn't feel like I really connected with it at all and Diamond & Pearl took a while to get going. Black & White really made me feel again (despite being incomplete in English translations) because I loved it so much and I'm really looking forward to the rest and B/W2.

Alright, this is my current progress on Cortoza updates:

Completed: Treep, Dark Searchman, King Ghidora, myahoo
    In Progress: Son_of_Shadows
    To be Completed: LASL, Takeo, Coolz8, Allishinca(possibly, unless Thrain wants to), MarbleZone

got to make a complete list of updatees for reference.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Favorite Male Gym Leader: Aaron. Yes, I know he's an Elite Four member, but he still uses a Mono-Type team, has a generic personality, and you're required to battle him. =P I lump them all together. (I like him for his looks. He's the only non-player male in the games I consider cute.) I like a lot of the Pokemon Volkner uses (Raichu, Luxray, Jolteon, Rotom (In PWT)) but his personality is meh... :/ Most of the male Gym Leaders/Elite Four are ok... I don't really have many favorites... :/

Favorite Female Gym Leader: Caitlin. Shame Musharna isn't her signature Pokemon. :/ (Why Gothitelle/Metagross?) Sabrina, Tate, nor Liza use one in the WT, and that disapoints me. :/ I also like Whitney, (The first real challenging Gym Leader with dat Miltank of hers. Back in Gen 1, I pretty much Thunderbolted/Confusioned everything with an overleveled Butterfree and Pikachu.) Winona, (Who taught me the value of using setup moves, thanks to her Dragon Dance spamming Altaria) and Fantina (For teaching me the annoying combo of Hypnosis + Confuse Ray in Platinum.) I actually like a lot of the female Gym Leaders/Elite Four.

Also, I missed the Pokemon Special discussion?! D8
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 16th November 2012 at 3:21 AM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Whale Island's been updated and LucarioArticunoSuicuneLover's now added to my list of updatees. To other updatees who don't seem to love me as much as Takeo - where are you all?! Respond already?! :P

As for mah favourite gym leader. When I was younger, I really loved Whitney and Sabrina. I loved characters like that as a child. Now, due to the whole Rocket thing, most probably Giovanni. He's pretty cool.

>Favorite Gym Leaders

Female: That isn't hard to figure out.

Male: ... I don't know, not a huge fan of any of them. I guess Blue or Cheren for being former rivals.

I've got another adventure going! Thanks heaps Meetan, I'll get right on it after I finish this chapter of my NaNo novel :3

As for gym leaders, I've never really found one that stands out to me. In my eye, they're all mostly just... there. I get that a lot really, I kind of ignore any character who isn't the main. Which is kinda bad of me but eh.

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

Quote Originally Posted by LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover View Post
    I've got another adventure going! Thanks heaps Meetan, I'll get right on it after I finish this chapter of my NaNo novel :3
    You have no idea how excited I am to get to yours so you better get to it fast or you're dead mate I'M WARNING YOU!

But if you kill me than you'll never get to it! D:

EDIT: Also if I ever refer to an 'Adelheid' I probably mean El. She's the protagonist in my NaNo story and the name has been etched into my head. I couldn't even write an answer about the city Adelaide in my geography exam yesterday without taking extra care to spell it the not a German name way. Oops.
    Last edited by LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover; 16th November 2012 at 11:31 PM.

Wait you're Australian?

*pokes location* not sure where else that could be! But yeah, I'm Victorian to be specific, I have one last exam and I'm done with VCE, too :3

I may have managed to completely miss looking at your location. <.< >.> Sweet another Aussie. I'm from NSW, now living in QLD. Wasn't there a fairly big goof in the VCE this year for one of the history exams or something where one of the supplementary images was the wrong one or something?

I wouldn't know, I didn't take history and have been ignoring everything related to exams that aren't my own XP

And Queensland, huh? My grandma lives up there, I visit sometimes :3

EDIT: Just googled VCE history exam, found this. Second year in a row they've messed up, last year they got into trouble for using an unaltered blog post in the English exam. Yeesh guys get it right!
    Last edited by LucarioArtcunoSuicunLover; 17th November 2012 at 6:36 AM.

As I posted over at UPN, I'm willing to trade my berries for candies, if anyone's interested.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

That moment where you actually considering sending a level 35 Vibrava against a Lv.1 Pokemon with only Peck and Growl because why would you bring a Level 1 to a place with powerful Pokemon??!!??

EDIT: But then, you decide a Level 1 Skarmory is a better way to go.
    Last edited by Plight of Leon; 17th November 2012 at 5:35 PM. Reason: Better way to go.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post
    That moment where you actually considering sending a level 35 Vibrava against a Lv.1 Pokemon with only Peck and Growl because why would you bring a Level 1 to a place with powerful Pokemon??!!??

Lol, yeah, I struggled with that, too. Suchiru ended up leaving the lighthouse early. xDD It's hard because any opponent is going to be either too hard or too difficult for a level one Skarmory with such an extremely small movepool. ^^;;

Quote Originally Posted by Plight of Leon View Post

If I were you, I'd send in that powerful Pokemon as a consequence for the updatee bringing in a weaker Pokemon to place with strong Pokemon.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    If I were you, I'd send in that powerful Pokemon as a consequence for the updatee bringing in a weaker Pokemon to place with strong Pokemon.
    In my adventure, the Woobat flew away, resulting in no capture, level gain or advancement in reward. xP

I don't remember ever going into a zone with a Pokemon that wasn't at least semi-prepared for a fight. Might've when I was newer, not sure... I might have taught Gemini (or just Koffing as he was known as way back then) an attack or two before I took my first step into a zone. Anyway, here's the zones I'm currently adventuring in now, and the Pokemon that entered alongside me, outside their Poke Balls:
    Cortoza: Peeves, my Duskull. He hasn't had to battle yet, though if the claw marks on the tunnel walls are any indicator, a fight isn't too out of the question.
    Astoria: Gemini, my Weezing. A battle's the first thing that happened, though it was called off before the Garbodor could finish Gemini off.
    Talas: Myrtle, my Shuppet, though it's my Croagunk I sent into battle (he lost because I didn't get the hint that he was running out of energy). Myrtle hasn't had to fight in there just yet.
    Cascadia: Myrtle, my Shuppet. She helped to fend off a pair of very angry Seviper, and even leveled up in the process, along with Luna, my Woobat.
    Cloud Garden: Myrtle and Helena, both of my Shuppet. That adventure hasn't been picked up just yet, but Helena only knows Knock Off so far, so if there's any battling to be done, it's likely to be Myrtle doing it.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

I use weak Pokemon for tasks other than battling, like I assume most other people do; I'll use my fliers for recon, my Psychic for communication, etc. If those get attacked while performing those tasks without any previous warning, well, there's not much I can do other than take the hit and switch to a proper fighter...

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    I use weak Pokemon for tasks other than battling, like I assume most other people do; I'll use my fliers for recon, my Psychic for communication, etc. If those get attacked while performing those tasks without any previous warning, well, there's not much I can do other than take the hit and switch to a proper fighter...
    Yeah, that's a good way to do it. Right now, in Cortoza, I'm using my Weedle to sniff the two paths in the cave to try and see which way the Houndour we're tracking went. Weedle have exceptional senses of smell, as any Hoenn-based Pokedex will tell you (seriously, look up Weedle's R/S/E dex entries), so yeah. Of course, if it comes to a battle, Hermione's not going to back down. Wouldn't make sense from an RP standpoint, given that Hermione wants to prove that Weedle can be strong.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Only time I'll back down is when faced with a 4x weakness. I used to switch out all the time when I started but as an updater I can see how certain aspects are intentional rather than RNGd so I usually stay in. Most of the time now if I've started with a Pokemon at the start of the adventure I'll stick with it until it becomes tired/hurt/KOd etc.

Problem with Rock-types and the Fossils is that they can be weak to multiple types often so it's difficult to not listen to your brain shouting 'SWITCH TO A NORMAL-TYPE AND TYPESPAM'.

Quote Originally Posted by Treepandaone View Post
    Only time I'll back down is when faced with a 4x weakness. I used to switch out all the time when I started but as an updater I can see how certain aspects are intentional rather than RNGd so I usually stay in. Most of the time now if I've started with a Pokemon at the start of the adventure I'll stick with it until it becomes tired/hurt/KOd etc.

Problem with Rock-types and the Fossils is that they can be weak to multiple types often so it's difficult to not listen to your brain shouting 'SWITCH TO A NORMAL-TYPE AND TYPESPAM'.
    So, the last sentence is the equivalent of any ASB battle? *shot*

My Thanksgiving update special is now up, yayz! =D

YEAH CHOKE ON IT BEEDRILL, CHOKE ON AAAAAAAALL THE DAMAGE! *ahem* Right, I need to have a think about how to pursue these Beedrill... DS, how healthy is my Hoothoot?
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Page 167 of 189 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171177 ... LastLast