Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast
Results 4,426 to 4,450 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

QUESTION: So, I know there's been a huge move over keeping the UPN TO spoiler free when it comes to Generation 6. Is the same agreement going to be kept in the Serebii TO, or is the fact that these forums are far less protective of spoilers going to influence discussion here? I know people will likely be showing up in Serebii with avatars that relate to Gen 6 spoilers once they're added to the forums... Will there be polite request to not utilize those if we post in FB, or is it okay?

[FB || PASBL]

Serebii is probably sensitive to this and won't add avatars that would spoil too much until it's common knowledge. As for signatures, I think there's a rule in the signature check thread warning against spoilerific pics or info.

Not sure about the TO, however. We should probably spoiler tag stuff that's XY related, but I don't think there should be an extra thread for spoilers here like there is on UPN.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Not sure about the TO, however. We should probably spoiler tag stuff that's XY related, but I don't think there should be an extra thread for spoilers here like there is on UPN.
    That's what I'm thinking. Spoiler tags should be sufficient... unless people are vehemently against all spoilers in the TO even if they're tagged, which I'm not sure if that opinion extends to members the serebii community or not.

[FB || PASBL]

I still don't see why we can't just put info in spoilers. People were good about saying "BW2" or something similar when talking about those games; why can't people be satisfied with that for XY? This is the Internet. You're going to be spoiled. The sooner people realize that, and live with spoiler tags with titles (XY stuff or Gen 6-related), the better off we'll all be. It pisses me off when people spoil "The Walking Dead" for me, so I stopped going on Facebook on Sunday nights; or at the very least I'm playing Chefville (don't hate) or something like that.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I still don't see why we can't just put info in spoilers. People were good about saying "BW2" or something similar when talking about those games; why can't people be satisfied with that for XY? This is the Internet. You're going to be spoiled. The sooner people realize that, and live with spoiler tags with titles (XY stuff or Gen 6-related), the better off we'll all be. It pisses me off when people spoil "The Walking Dead" for me, so I stopped going on Facebook on Sunday nights; or at the very least I'm playing Chefville (don't hate) or something like that.
    I know!! The only reason that I even made a separate thread for UPN in the first place was because we were being discouraged from even talking with spoiler tags over there. We all know how to use them, and even if it means that half the TO is behind a spoiler tag at times, I don't see why people can't suggest a change in conversation if they think spoilered discussion is going on for too long. If you don't want to talk about Gen 6, you can talk about something else, and that's totally cool. That's the very nature of the TO.

The climate for spoilers on Serebii is different than that of UPN, so I would think it would be okay to discuss Gen 6 here in the Serebii TO as long as it's behind the tag.

[FB || PASBL]

I agree with every post made between this one and my own.
    Spoiler tags are enough imho, and I personally don't ever care if post were without, but I can also understand that some people don't want to be spoiler (how naive it might be to expect not to be spoiled for over 9 months on the freaking spoiler factory called 'Internet') and to respect that a spoiler can should suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    QUESTION: So, I know there's been a huge move over keeping the UPN TO spoiler free when it comes to Generation 6. Is the same agreement going to be kept in the Serebii TO, or is the fact that these forums are far less protective of spoilers going to influence discussion here? I know people will likely be showing up in Serebii with avatars that relate to Gen 6 spoilers once they're added to the forums... Will there be polite request to not utilize those if we post in FB, or is it okay?
    I'm completely fine with spoiler tags, be they here or at UPN. It's the higher-ups over there that had an issue with those, otherwise I'm pretty sure all the discussion going on right now wouldn't even have been brought up...

I can't speak for anyone else, but I have no issue whatsoever with the use of spoiler tags to discuss Generation VI stuff here.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Me neither, so go ahead

Just to be on the safe side: Gen 6 - XY picture spoiler

Spoiler:- I wish you all a...:

Have a great day with your significant other ^_^

...if you happen to be together unlike me and mine
    Last edited by Escalion; 14th February 2013 at 11:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
    Have a great day with your significant other ^_^

...if you happen to be together unlike me and mine
    Believe me, I can relate... I haven't seen my boyfriend since mid-January, and probably won't see him again until April or May... and even then, it probably won't be for very long. It's so tough, especially since we've been dating for 5 years and I used to see him nearly every day before I moved to start graduate school. I try not to let on how badly it affects me. I hope you're able to see your beloved very soon, Escalion~

Also:

[img]http://oi50.*******.com/2isgio2.jpg[/img]

Happy Valentine's Day, everyone~!!

[FB || PASBL]

Believe me, I can relate... I haven't seen my boyfriend since mid-January, and probably won't see him again until April or May... and even then, it probably won't be for very long. It's so tough, especially since we've been dating for 5 years and I used to see him nearly every day before I moved to start graduate school. I try not to let on how badly it affects me. I hope you're able to see your beloved very soon, Escalion~
    I know how you must feel, between the most recent times I saw my girlfriend there was almost a year too. And I was only with her for three weeks last time. But next month I'll start my graduation and I'll be with her for almost half a year then because I'll do my research in Bangkok, where she lives.

Happy Valentine's, y'all! Posted this pic on UPN but putting it here too since people seem pretty testy over there plus we may need to move here anyway.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Happy Valentine's Day everybody...I didn't make a card...nor do I currently have a significant other...but oh well.

Cyber's PC
    Credit to PikaPal_Lyra for the Banner

3DS Friend Code: 2320-7298-6586

Pokemon XY
        Spoiler:

Pokemon XY

Spoiler:- Can you just work alright >_< freaking tag...:

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Pokemon XY
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
        Spoiler:
        Spoiler:

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
        Spoiler:
    Warning: Gen VI Spoilers
        Spoiler:

Spoiler:- XY Sturff:

Spoiler:- Pokemon X and Y:

Quote Originally Posted by Escalion View Post
        Spoiler:- Pokémon X and Y:

Pokemon XY

Spoiler:

Page 178 of 189 FirstFirst ... 78128168174175176177178179180181182188 ... LastLast