Page 154 of 189 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast
Results 3,826 to 3,850 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Might as well ask somehting then:

How do you feel when your updater puts in a trainer battle in an adventure?

Do you like them, or do you prefer to RP most of the adventure without fighting random trainers along the way?
    I think it is really necessary. Sometimes, though, just one battle won't be enough. In my FFA updates for uhhhh, he was going to have to fight an alien that was pretty powerful. You have to put challenges in an adventure.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Of course it's almost always a necessity, but I know not everyone enjoys being made to battle a number of opponents in the same adventure. Some people prefer mostly story-driven plots, while others prefer them action-packed and to the point.

Others prefer them action-packed and to the point.
    This is how I like to start writing my adventures: have a number of opponents in mind, pick one or more eventually, then work my adventure around those battles. Sometimes, I'm able to come up with puzzles or other activities for them to do, but for the most part I'm more of a combat-style updater.

On the flip side, I don't have any preference and am willing to take whatever my updater throws at me... except maybe zombies. And getting framed by bad guys in front of the police. >_<

And with that, here's an egg prediction:

Takeo's Rock Egg: Male Geodude
    Last edited by Dark Searchman; 18th October 2012 at 1:55 AM.

Do you like them, or do you prefer to RP most of the adventure without fighting random trainers along the way?
    I would say that I'm probably one of the least combat-oriented updaters, though I do recognize its necessity at times. I prefer puzzles, choices, creative thinking... It's a lot more fun to write about scenarios than battles, at least in my opinion. Contrary to what others have said, I do consider things like solving puzzles and coming up with creative solutions to environmental challenges worthy of reward, and I actually believe that those types of challenges stand alone without battling given the right adventure. I may be in the minority opinion-wise, but as an updater, that's how I've always felt.

As an updatee, I enjoy adventures whether they're battle-heavy or storyline-heavy. Both have their advantages and disadvantages.

[FB || PASBL]

How do you feel when your Updater puts in a Trainer Battle in an Adventure?

Battles themselves can get a bit boring at times, but I think as part of a story it's more interesting to get to know the person I'm fighting, or at least their motivations. Same can be said for Wild Pokémon.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

I like both really. For a few adventures, the outcome is going to come directly based on their choices. Takeo, those who I am updating for the Rock Pool...they are completely battle free until the end. One of them, Itzatrap, has a heavy influence from Stephen King's The Gunslinger, an AMAZING book, and may be one I have to put in spoiler tags when I update it. It may get a little weird for folks.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Another post at good ol' Homeboard wouldn't hurt :P

Might as well ask somehting then:

Well, as far as I can tell with the very few adventure/zone experience i had combined with RPing experience, battles are cool as long as it's well integrated into the story, or at least feel that it won't last forever ^^;

Hey, I'm gonna totally break the topic here to apologize for kinda vanishing a little. It's my second-last week of year twelve for me so everything's pretty hectic and I've lost most of my inspiration to write. I think I'll force myself to get a reply ready for the weekend. I have a nasty habit of giving up on RPs after a little and really don't want to let that happen this time!

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

Yeah, you'll definitely want to stick around for Monday... something really interesting may happen!

That and that getting in here was like, one of my biggest goals back in 2008 :P But yeah, forcing myself to write when the words aren't flowing just tires me out and makes for highly stilted text.

Just call me LASL - Bubbleata Deets

I'm baaaack! Did anyone miss me? xD

Yes, I'm posting in zones again. All the other members that joined at the same time I did already have a full team. This is pitiful! D8
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

I think that Togepi in your party might have belonged to me (Before Silver_Wind). Good to see a returning member, especially a toge-lover ^^.

I don't mind as long as it has some relevance to the plot of the adventure. It can get boring if the updator simply shoves a battle at us just for the sake of keeping us busy for multiple months.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post

I don't mind as long as it has some relevance to the plot of the adventure. It can get boring if the updator simply shoves a battle at us just for the sake of keeping us busy for multiple months.
    >.>; I thought we were having fun. ;;

P.S. Welcome back, Mon.

~*~

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    >.>; I thought we were having fun. ;;

P.S. Welcome back, Mon.
    But I like my CG adventure. :O

But I like my CG adventure. :O
    Even though it mostly involves you getting beaten up? XP

~*~

Even though it mostly involves you getting beaten up? XP
    Still the most interesting adventure I got going so far.

Still the most interesting adventure I got going so far.
    What's happening in the others?

~*~

What's happening in the others?
    With this we should bring back an oldish TO topic.

What's going on in your adventures?

Cloud Garden: Dealt with an annoying rich girl who I ended up saving from an angry army of Combee, only to be thanked by the fist of an angry butler and a hot maid towering over me, ready to kick me into a coma at any second.
    Astoria: Trying to give a berry to a trainer's sick Donphan, but a Nidoran Female is in my way.
    Cortoza: Fighting a trainer.
    Whale Island: Pissed off an old guy after defeating someone in a wrestling ring when we didn't have permission to battle there.

What's going on in your Adventures?

Cascadia: Stacey and Jess heard sirens, which sent Jess into a temporary state of shell-shock since it reminded her of the Hero of Legend Campaign. They followed the crowd to a building on fire, where a woman was screaming that her sister was still inside. The police claimed there were no other people in the building and asked us to deal with her. Jess wanted to play the hero so she volunteered to go in to look for the girl while Stacey stays to comfort the woman.
    FFA: After a night of (milk-induced) drunken karaoke at the Bar, Jess made a deal with a sketchy trader who sold her a lamp that transported her to Pokérabia. Kief stole a piece of bread so she had to run for her life from the guards. Once escaped, she tried to make some money by performing a street show. However, Kief's cookie trick had the opposite effect of scaring the people. They called her a witch, and then she ran into one while fleeing the scene. This resulted in a bit of a mental breakdown due to more traumatizing memories. ^^;

~*~

What is going on in your adventures?

CG: Getting ready to hopefully perform at a rock concert, but, I have to be up a high Gigalith.
    WI: Just defeated a rapid Teddiursa, but bloodied up my hands. Surgei is now going to scout with a Ranger.
    As: Lemon Drop got kidnapped by a Trubbish, and fifty feet Garbodor.

Fighting off the addiction of cigarettes I've arrived at Cloud Garden's Forbidden Wall wondering why it smells of roasted chestnuts and gingerbread and contemplating memory loss. Now I'm heading west-ward bound.

I'm stalled in Phantom Isle, but I ended up in a giant dollhouse after walking through a portal created by an exploding crystal ball.

Also, currently stalled in Cascadia, but I went to Ion Island's Storm Lake and met a Ranger person.

In Astoria, I'm currently battling alongside another trainer and her Staravia to protect a pair of Pidove from a Boldore inside a cave after taking a tumble down the side of a cliff.

In Whale Island, I'm taking a chance at choosing a Pokeball and hoping it doesn't turn out to be a Voltorb in disguise as I search for the switch that will shut down the forcefield blocking access to the dam's generator.

In Cortoza, I found a staff belonging to an ancient civilization, spoke with an archaeologist who recognized the object, and am currently deciding whether I want anything more to do with it.

My current progress in adventures, you say?

Astoria: This red-haired woman gave me a mystery box before running off in front of the police... Now I have to face them! >_<
    Whale Island: Andy and I are trying to fight off Kyogre, who's being controlled by Briney's grandson since he got himself the Red Orb while we were busy beating up an Eelektrik who would've eaten us if we didn't.
    Phantom Isle: Delilah and I have to team up with two Frillish to take out a ton of eyes being controlled by a Mantine mascot. Things are getting pretty cool in there too!
    Cortoza: Sarkhan and Amethyst just beat the Larvesta we were fighting, then Amethyst brought the little guy over to me, then it spit out some Embers before calming down. Now I have to figure out how to get it to join me willingly somehow.
    Cloud Garden: Daphne and I just got sucked into this dark realm, and I got separated from Daphne... Something bad's about to happen though.

Phantom Island: Following a voice into the unknown.
    A place where I store stuff that I create. Ascension Drive. | Fizzy Bubbles

Page 154 of 189 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164 ... LastLast