Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189 LastLast
Results 4,676 to 4,700 of 4712

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Personally the thing that annoys me most is that when a new batch of avatars gets released, like 20 people change to the same one. But then I've had my avatar since 2008.

But yeah. Some people are trying to avoid spoilers. Changing your avatar to something else really isn't that big a deal. If this were UPN Kuno would have banhammered so many people by now.
    Former OSL Water Gym Leader, PASBL League Official, TL6, A- Ref, Dark Gym Leader, Fizzy Bubbles

Random arts by DaisyInari

Feel like a different style of battling? Where your Charizard isn't useless
    because your opponent has Stealth Rock up? Why not check out the:

Pokémon Animé Style Battling League!

ASB has it's own subforum where you can can start with a basic squad of whatever
    first-stage Pokémon you want, and work your way up! Not sure how to begin?
    We have a Getting Started thread that covers the basics, plus you can ask for help in our Time Out Chat Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveTheFishGuy View Post
    If this were UPN Kuno would have banhammered so many people by now.
    Yeah this. Just cause this is Serebii doesn't mean its fair game. It's a greater inconvenience to have to turn off avatars then for you to change to something appropriate. Plus, while it is a tad rude, its more insensitive to continue using Gen VI avatars because it shows that you don't care for the other person's enjoyment of a game. You're enjoyment isn't going to be hampered by having a Gen VI avatar or not. There's is. Plus, while it isn't your fault they don't want to be spoiled, it will be your fault if you spoil them. "Better to ask for forgiveness than permission" is pretty insensitive and haughty.

>Or just not come on Serebii

Yeah that a really selfish thing to ask. Asking someone who doesn't want to hide avatars or be spoiled to not come onto the forum is pretty damn mean. What if they have an adventure here, or they update, or they want to RP in the Park?
    Last edited by Plight of Leon; 4th October 2013 at 11:52 PM.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Yes, because seeing pictures of a Pokemon you know nothing about is going to ruin your enjoyment of the game. :P
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Then turn off avatars. Like really, I don't get it, if you don't want to get spoiled yet you refuse to turn off avatars, your just asking for it. I'm not changing my avatar because someone doesn't want to get spoiled, and I'm sticking with it. I don't see how that is selfish. What is selfish is asking people to change their avatars so that you don't get spoiled.

>Make point about everyone getting the same avatar when a new set come out
    >Two people with the same avatar post back-to-back

Yeahhhhhhhhhh vindication!

Not me personally, but some people want to know as little as possible going into the game, which is fair enough. It's like blabbing the plotline to the outstanding books in the A Song of Ice and Fire series to someone halfway through Season 2 of Game of Thrones. Yeah the books have been out for 10 years but that doesn't mean things have to be shoved in people's faces all the time.
    Former OSL Water Gym Leader, PASBL League Official, TL6, A- Ref, Dark Gym Leader, Fizzy Bubbles

ASB has it's own subforum where you can can start with a basic squad of whatever
    We have a Getting Started thread that covers the basics, plus you can ask for help in our Time Out Chat Thread.

So, is the Arcane realm the only zone that's active? The others haven't been posted in for a while...
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Monster Guy View Post
    So, is the Arcane realm the only zone that's active? The others haven't been posted in for a while...
    Cortoza is technically active as well, it's just been difficult for me to update lately. Not sure on the others.

Interested in the ASB? Read out Getting Started thread! Got a question? Go to our Q/A thread.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
    Then turn off avatars. Like really, I don't get it, if you don't want to get spoiled yet you refuse to turn off avatars, your just asking for it. I'm not changing my avatar because someone doesn't want to get spoiled, and I'm sticking with it. I don't see how that is selfish. What is selfish is asking people to change their avatars so that you don't get spoiled.
    I invite you to test this theory on UPN.

And no, when someone's said 'please can you not spoil me' and then you make a point of having a spoiler right there in your avatar comes off as more selfish.

It's a combination of slow updaters in the other zones and the ruling that everyone has to complete an adventure in the AR before they can move onto another zone, so most people are locked out of the others until you finish.

Guys I'm sorry for the spoiler but I love Larvitar so much.

>Comes off more selfish

"Ask for forgiveness instead of permission" is the entire idea behind this. I find it odd that a person would rather risk offending someone by having a Gen VI spoiler then just change their avatar to a suitable replacement.

Also, keep in mind that there is no "GEN VI AVATARS" here sign, so someone could(and have) walk into Serebii and get spoiled without ever having a chance.
    Last edited by Plight of Leon; 5th October 2013 at 12:34 AM.

I haven't posted in the AR since December 31 2012. Do you think it'd be an issue if I pick up where I left off?

I haven't posted in the AR since December 31 2012. Do you think it'd be an issue if I pick up where I left off?
    Tess updated you, so no, go for it. But bear in mind that she's been hella busy so don't expect an update for a bit.

That's fine I'm in no hurry. I can understand that, I get busy too. xD

I'll work on something.

I invite you to test this theory on UPN.
    There is a big difference in me doing it in Serebii and me doing it in UPN. In UPN it's a rule that you can't have a gen VI avatar, in Serebii it's not.

IT HAS COME TO PASS. I HAVE WRITTEN AN UPDATE.

But I have no idea if it was any good.

should've been Cortoza *shot*

I've been posting in Astoria on and off, though I haven't updated there lately due to school sturfz. (and LoL)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    should've been Cortoza *shot*

I've been posting in Astoria on and off, though I haven't updated there lately due to school sturfz. (and LoL)
    I would update there, but I honestly don't have a clue at the moment who is out of the AR. If anybody is.

How to update while unsure if people are in the AR:

1) Update everyone who's replied anyway
    2) See who replies
    3) Update them again because anyone locked into the AR won't have been able to reply

How to update while unsure if people are in the AR:

effort
    I'll just look through my list and see what's what.

Quote Originally Posted by EpicSquirtle View Post
    Exactly my thoughts.

If there is a lesser group of people who does not want to be spoiled, I will be more than glad not to blab info into their faces, and I'm pretty sure other people in general would not do so directly to them either. However, the larger majority isn't going to just bend over to accomodate (odd, silly) requests from the smaller group dealing with public display of information (like an avatar) which indirectly affects everyone, especially when there are options to reduce the smaller group's problem in the first place, like turning avatars off as suggested.

If you want to set a handicap for yourself, or if you have a minority view, then work around it yourself first, before asking the entire world to go according to your flow. You might think we are rude, selfish or insensitive for "indirectly" spoiling the fun from you and your group. However, I consider that you guys are actually more rude, more insensitive and more selfish: for not even trying to help yourselves first nor taking common/simple suggestions, for thinking that the actions/opinions of yourselves are of more worth, and just for asking everyone else to change their ways when you don't even change yours.

That could be a life lesson right there, but I doubt anything will change within the week from both sides, as the games will be out by the end of the week then anyway.
    A place where I store stuff that I create. Ascension Drive. | Fizzy Bubbles

I honestly had no clue there was a disable avatars setting. If I did I would have never asked people to remove avatars - which I didn't think was that unreasonable a request. Although to be fair with a week left this isn't really an issue.

*Switches off avatars*

I did my best, but due to my previous commitments I'm afraid I need to ask one of my "groupies" to give me a little more time in order for me to get things straight and piece together a decent story.

So here we go, Arcane Realm updates.

Is it just me, or do shiny Pokémon seem to be more common in FB than in the actual games? I've seen a couple people now with shinies, and there seems to be mare than would be expected with standard shiny chances.

On another note: First TO post. Ever.

I dunno, Stark's Egg House seems to be getting the luck these days in pulling out shinies, just like it did when I hatched a Shiny Slugma. And I now have a Slugma made of hot tar, hence her name, Brea! =3

Quote Originally Posted by ShuckTsubo View Post
    Is it just me, or do shiny Pokémon seem to be more common in FB than in the actual games? I've seen a couple people now with shinies, and there seems to be mare than would be expected with standard shiny chances.

On another note: First TO post. Ever.
    I'm not sure I'd say more common... Depends on the person, I'd say. Take me, for instance- my one and only Shiny in FB is Dudley, my Shiny Slowpoke. Compare that to the Shinies I've caught in the games, as seen in the banner in my signature... yeah, for me, Shinies come way more easily to me in the games. But really, they don't actually turn up all that often, though there really has been a lot of luck with them in the Egg House here as of late. *hugs Dudley*

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 3 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I have AR updates for...Myrrh and ShuckTsubo over at Serebii. There's also two people who haven't replied to their first update yet (uhhhhh and Rotom310).

Page 188 of 189 FirstFirst ... 88138178184185186187188189 LastLast