Page 190 of 192 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192 LastLast
Results 4,726 to 4,750 of 4778

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

It's hard to believe this was once the go-to Time Out, but I'm sure it'll liven up again with all the new blood arriving ^^.

We look forward to seeing all of the zones slowly being revitalized.
    New Sig Coming

Yeah, I have a feeling this TO will overall become as active as the one over at UPN.

Also, I can't wait. When I gain more experience hopefully I can become a ZO/ZA.

Beautiful and Deadly
    Fizzy Bubbles

Oh! This is a thing. This is a thing again. I love it! Yay!!

So, I'll start out with a question for you guys. What prompted you to join FB?

For me, I kinda waited over a year. I either missed the registration or else, it was closed.

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    It's hard to believe this was once the go-to Time Out, but I'm sure it'll liven up again with all the new blood arriving ^^.

We look forward to seeing all of the zones slowly being revitalized.
    Tess, I see some of the older zones have not been touched since 2014. Would it even be worth investing time in them?

Heheh I joined because one summer I was bored and it looked cool and never continued doing RP. My interest in pokemon also sort of died in that time too.. Didn't like writing in my spare time. Now I do. Even though I had the chance to rejoin earlier I felt it was right to wait until sign ups happened again. I don't even remember having a Cancea and Mareep from my time here. I remember my obsession with cyndaquil back then and trading to get a corpish. Can't wait to start again.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. BLEU™ View Post
    What prompted you to join FB?
    I didn't want to, I was coerced into it =p.

I followed a link to UPN one day in response to something I was looking up about the evolution of Wurmple and posted in the general forums. I was approached via PM by a couple of members but one in particular kept trying to get me to sign up to FB. I looked at FB, felt it wasn't really my kinda thing, and politely declined the invitation a few times. Some people are just as stubborn as me though, and several weeks later I took the plunge and posted in registration even though I still wasn't all too keen on doing so. The people seemed nice though, so I thought I'd give it a try. To my surprise I not only found myself liking it, but loving it to the point of obsession. I'm no longer obsessed by it, but it is very special to me. Over the past twelve years I've learned some life lessons from this place and also met my life partner and father of my two children. The rest, as they say, is history.

Quote Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
    Tess, I see some of the older zones have not been touched since 2014. Would it even be worth investing time in them?
    That's because activity in general has been pretty slow for the past few years but it'll pick up soon enough ^^.
    Last edited by enchantress; 21st March 2016 at 2:57 AM. Reason: Weedle... *facepalm* I meant WURMPLE!!! Duh!
    New Sig Coming

I originally applied three years ago, failed the test and then lost it right before registration stopped. So I've been waiting quite awhile, but glad I got in this time so I can start with my favorite Pokemon. Time will only tell how our adventures will go.

Also am quite excited to fully have access to everything, so I've been working on my AR post (Which is so much harder than it seems because WHERE DO I GO.) Regardless, I'll figure something out.

Beautiful and Deadly
    Fizzy Bubbles

I didn't want to, I was coerced into it =p.

I followed a link to UPN one day in response to something I was looking up about the evolution of Weedle and posted in the general forums. I was approached via PM by a couple of members but one in particular kept trying to get me to sign up to FB. I looked at FB, felt it wasn't really my kinda thing, and politely declined the invitation a few times. Some people are just as stubborn as me though, and several weeks later I took the plunge and posted in registration even though I still wasn't all too keen on doing so. The people seemed nice though, so I thought I'd give it a try. To my surprise I not only found myself liking it, but loving it to the point of obsession. I'm no longer obsessed by it, but it is very special to me. Over the past twelve years I've learned some life lessons from this place and also met my life partner and father of my two children. The rest, as they say, is history.

[/size]
    Wow, someone who never wanted to join FB is now the head of the community! That's really cool!

Tess, is it too late to join the shard quest? If so, how do we go about it?

I don't remember the exact reason I joined FB. From what I recall, I saw it, it looked cool, I figured, you know, why not?

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 6 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

Fizzy Bubbles info

It happened way back when Serebii was the newest board and first branch of FB outside of UPN.

I only joined FB because I didn't want to be locked out of posting in any subforum here. That was 12 years ago though, I'm sure that my motives for staying in FB is quite different now
    Soundcloud: Ascension Drive | Fizzy Bubbles: Reyzadren

Quote Originally Posted by Aposteriori View Post
    Tess, is it too late to join the shard quest? If so, how do we go about it?
    If somebody still has an old shard in their inventory that they're willing to trade then you can, but unfortunately all newly obtained ones are boring conversions. I miss the old system :/

Which reminds me, I still have a quest going that I'd forgotten all about. If anybody is looking to offload a Bellsprout please let me know. I'll pay ya for it *jingles purse*
    New Sig Coming

If somebody still has an old shard in their inventory that they're willing to trade then you can, but unfortunately all newly obtained ones are boring conversions. I miss the old system :/

Which reminds me, I still have a quest going that I'd forgotten all about. If anybody is looking to offload a Bellsprout please let me know. I'll pay ya for it *jingles purse*
    I think EAI was awaiting a re-direct with SS disappearing. Man, now let me see if I can hunt for a shard. Is there a link for the quest?

Morning everybody! Debating between doing more glade stuff today or not.

Beautiful and Deadly
    Fizzy Bubbles

Quote Originally Posted by Liltwick View Post
    Morning everybody! Debating between doing more glade stuff today or not.
    You are the owner of your time sir. What pokemon are you looking forward to owning in the near future?

For character lore I need a Male Ralts and a Male Goomy. Eevee, Turtwig, and a Male Fletchling all are high as well.

Beautiful and Deadly
    Fizzy Bubbles

Is there a reason why UPN never works on the Mondays I happen to be doing my Shop stuff?

Well Howdyhi mespritchaser~ Welcome to Fizzy Bubbles! I hope you have fun~
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile/My lil' Cable Club Post/PASBL
    Inactive Ref

Hey you!
    Do you like battling? Do you like Anime battles? Want to try it yourself? Well, why not
    Get started in the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    Any questions about PASBL? Well, ask them here!

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. BLEU™ View Post
    Oh! This is a thing. This is a thing again. I love it! Yay!!

So, I'll start out with a question for you guys. What prompted you to join FB?

For me, I kinda waited over a year. I either missed the registration or else, it was closed.
    I've always wanted to join FB ever since I've been on Serebii Forums. I think that was in 2009. I was unable to because I "felt like I was too busy". I'm actually a lot busier now, but... I think I'm more in control of my time. LOL. So I'm here!

I also haven't RP-ed ever, so this might be fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by swampertforever View Post
    Well Howdyhi mespritchaser~ Welcome to Fizzy Bubbles! I hope you have fun~
    Hello!!! So psyched to be here <3

My Fizzy Bubbles profile. Check Me-owth.

Contrary to popular belief, I no longer chase Mesprit.

Welcome to FB!

Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

Fizzy Bubbles info

Hi Mespritchaser! Welcome to FB

-----

That reminds me, today is Easter Friday, also known as Black Friday. It’s the day on which a large group of people commemorate the death of Jesus for today is the anniversary of the murder of the Bible’s protagonist. I’ve never been a very religious person and I find the idea of celebrating someone’s death rather macabre but I suppose it’s tradition and meant to honour the person in their memory.
    Plus we get the day off.
    …..
    Speaking of black, death, macabre and murdering protagonists; the first batch of Phantom Isle updates are in!
    I’m going to have to draw a cap at what I can handle and right now I’m placing it at 10. That means there’s 2 spots left for people in need of an adventure.
    For those of you who have had a previous adventure that was ongoing for a while: I want to remind you that I’m willing to continue that adventure within reason. (I’m not going to pick up adventures that were three updates in for eg.)

EDIT: A spot has been claimed, only two are left.
    Last edited by Ex-Admiral Insane; 25th March 2016 at 7:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Welcome to FB!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ex-Admiral Insane View Post
    Hi Mespritchaser! Welcome to FB

-----

That reminds me, today is Easter Friday, also known as Black Friday. It’s the day on which a large group of people commemorate the death of Jesus for today is the anniversary of the murder of the Bible’s protagonist. I’ve never been a very religious person and I find the idea of celebrating someone’s death rather macabre but I suppose it’s tradition and meant to honour the person in their memory.
    Plus we get the day off.
    Hi! Thank you! I look forward to getting to know all of you

Ahhh yes, Good Friday. I'm part of that large group of people (although I consider myself a non-practicing Catholic). Holy Week is such a big deal here at where I am. School's been out for a week because about 90% of the population is Catholic, and people take tradition very seriously, so they come home to the provinces. There are so many interesting practices going on during the entire week, like people reenacting how Jesus suffered until his death to his resurrection, or people whipping themselves as a form of sacrifice (I am not entirely sure why people here are fond of doing this... it's so painful ;n; )

This is kind of an important topic for me, being in a predominantly Catholic country and studying in a Catholic school for 12 years of my life. But other than that I've been on a break since Monday, and since then I've been pouring all my time on Pokemon. In effect, the Holy Week break brought me here LOL
    Last edited by mespritchaser; 26th March 2016 at 1:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mespritchaser View Post
    I've always wanted to join FB ever since I've been on Serebii Forums. I think that was in 2009. I was unable to because I "felt like I was too busy". I'm actually a lot busier now, but... I think I'm more in control of my time. LOL. So I'm here!

I also haven't RP-ed ever, so this might be fun!!!!

Hello!!! So psyched to be here <3
    So this'll be your first time RPing? Cool, so you were like me then when I first joined!
    Word of advice, don't overthink things and burn yourself out early before you can even get into the swing of writing! And if you need help, don't be afraid to ask any of us~

Are there any pokemon you're hoping to obtain? Or are you going to leave it all to chance?
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile/My lil' Cable Club Post/PASBL
    Inactive Ref

Hey you!
    Do you like battling? Do you like Anime battles? Want to try it yourself? Well, why not
    Get started in the Pokemon Anime Style Battling League!
    Any questions about PASBL? Well, ask them here!

Thank you! I really appreciate that <3 And I'm sure you've come a long way since then

To be quite honest I really want an Eevee... LOL I was thinking I should get it as a starter. But then I realized, it might be fun if I encounter it somewhere along the way. Egg, zone, etc. I'll leave it all up to chance TO get an Eevee

I do look forward to the whole experience though! I've stuck around long enough on the Internet to watch this all unfold but it's the first time I'm doing it myself.

Eevee's not exactly easy to come by around here, but by no means does that mean you'll never get one. Anything's possible in FB. Good luck with getting one! In the meantime, a good place to start is to see about adopting something from the Adoption Center over at UPN, assuming something in there catches your eye.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Page 190 of 192 FirstFirst ... 90140180186187188189190191192 LastLast