Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192
Results 4,776 to 4,785 of 4785

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Just gonna add a new personality for my newest Pokémon.

Fatale (Shiny Beautifly): Prior to Keith catching her, she was the reason Cadaver Forest earned its morbid name. Known as "the vampire of Cadaver Forest", she is a brutal, aggressive Beautifly who has no problems stabbing any living being and draining their fluids. She speaks her mind about others (that's when she can be encouraged to meet others- she's not especially sociable) and is not above interrupting others to make a point. She has a little bit of respect for Keith, and isn't particularly inclined to murder him, but most other strangers are fair game as far as she's concerned. She takes delight in such morbid subjects as death and drinking blood, which can make her seem quite disturbing. The one teammate of hers' to warm up to her thus far is Severus, and she in turn is intrigued by him.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 6 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

Fizzy Bubbles info

So, to get this moving, somehow. What are the various holidays celebrated in FB? Its really good to have free stuffs, you know?

*New Year's. Unique among the FB holidays in that 1: Not all the mods give stuff away, only Arnold, and 2: We generally don't get Super Passes for this one. Usually a Cyber Ball, a New Year's Ball, some Rare Candies, some Gummis, and a TM, maybe with another item or so in the mix.

*Valentine's Day. We get a lot of pink stuff, almost always including a Valentine Ball and a Passion Pokéblock. There tends to be a TM Attract or Captivate as well, as well as a Valentine Candy, which is like a regular Rare Candy, but if fed to something with maxed out happiness, it gains an extra level.

*Pokémon Day. The anniversary of Pokémon itself. Granted, I don't know if it's going to be a regular thing or if it was only this year because it's the 20th anniversary, but I felt it worth noting just to be on the safe side.

*Easter. Expect all the chocolate. Chocolate Pokéblock, a Chocolate Ball (I'm personally not a fan of Poké Balls made from edible materials), all manner of chocolate treats that can raise levels and teach moves, things of that nature.

*April Fool's Day. This is almost never celebrated, but it has been once, which is how Raves got his Jirachi and Treep got his Mew. Don't expect anything for this, but it's still worth noting something's been done for it before.

*FB Day. The anniversary of Fizzy Bubbles. October 22nd. No telling what we get for this.

*Halloween. If you have Ghost or Dark-types, this is generally gonna be a good day for them. There's a variety of Halloween-themed Poké Balls to be given out, there's been a Blackberry Poffin, and of course the Halloween Candy, which gives extra levels to Ghost and/or Dark-types. On rare occasion there's also the Haunted Mirror event- you pick a Pokémon to approach the Haunted Mirror and it either gets a treat (something beneficial- you might get a pass for a shop, or a bundle of cool items, or something to that effect) or a trick (something detrimental- you could get banned from all shops for a few weeks, the Pokémon could get leveled down or made to forget moves, you could forfeit some of your items, or the Pokémon could even get involuntarily recolored orange or grey). I lucked out last time- I had my Venipede look into the mirror and it got tricked- it got turned dark grey with red eyes, but I took an immediate liking to the new color scheme. Even once a way to reverse the recolor was introduced, I never opted for it.

*12 Days of Christmas. In the 12 days leading up to Christmas, the mods give away something each day. Could be basically anything, though more often than not the items in question will cater to Ice-types. There's the Christmas Candy (extra level for Ice-types), the Magical Snowflake (teaches Ice Barrier, the only FB Custom Move with stipulations on what can and can't learn it- it's only compatible with Ice-types), the Christmas Ball (has the same effect as a Luxury Ball but only for certain Pokémon like Snover and Cryogonal), and so forth.

*Christmas. And of course, on the day itself, the mods will give away a variety of items, usually of the same sort one could expect from the 12 Days giveaway, though it usually has different items than that year's 12 Days giveaway.

Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade. Vote Missingno. for new SSB4 fighter!

Fizzy Bubbles info

QUESTION!

What can be done to increase the activity in FB seeing almost nothing has happened in the past few days?

There's just not enough active updaters around currently, which is the main issue the RPG as a whole has had throughout its history. I don't think there's ever actually been enough updaters to support all of the newcomers who arrive whenever the registration opens, which ultimately leads to most of them losing interest before they even get started.

I was considering trying to get a spot at one of the SPPF zones to help address that, since my current batch of Cloud Garden updatees aren't terribly frequent in their replies.
    Last edited by Rakurai; 7th May 2016 at 7:29 AM.

Talas is orphaned right now

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. BLEU™ View Post
    QUESTION!

What can be done to increase the activity in FB seeing almost nothing has happened in the past few days?

Not too much I'm afraid, other than taking up the mantle of updater yourself that is. As Rakurai says there are generally not enough active updaters around when multiple new people come in to give everyone, old and new members, zone updates at regular (and relatively short) intervals. Though I'd argue free RP places like the bar and bases are rather active usually. So there's always something to do.
    Which also brings me to this points: you don't always immediately see what people are doing on their PC's and laptops until it's posted.
    While I haven't posted any RP in the past week I'm certainly not doing nothing. I'm working on a few stories at the same time, which all will be put together to form one massive story to cover my roughly 2 year absence and all the changes I want in my team, because I don't like to have changes without an explanation. And I'm also working on something else FB related that may or may not involve battles. So for me personally that's all quite a lot, while for you guys, at face value, it looks like I do/did nothing.

FB is like a Slaking- it may not move as often as one might prefer, but when it does move, you're gonna like what you see. Generally, the free RP areas are a good way to kill time until things become more active in general, though I'm actually waiting on several people to post in the Bar and the Park at the moment... which is to say pretty much everyone else involved in those storylines, honestly.

And like Escalion, I'm not just doing nothing, either. Spent a good chunk of yesterday on an RP post, just in case my Egg hatches into what I'm hoping it'll be. And if it's not, it'll also work as a Cable Club trade post, so it's all good.

Author profile

Fizzy Bubbles info

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. BLEU™ View Post
    Who/What is Talas?
    I'm assuming he means the zone, Talas.

Page 192 of 192 FirstFirst ... 92142182188189190191192