Page 30 of 189 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

  1. #726
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    in ur chatus, huantin ur stuf
    Posts
    335

    Default



    >Favorite 'Mon per Type

    Bug: For me my favorite Bug-type has to be Yanma. Honestly I have no recolection of what my reasoning behind it was, but ever since I laid eyes on it I loved that dragonfly. My love of it was furthered by a fic by a mod on Serebii who had a super-hyperactive Yanma who was constantly jacked up on caffine. :3

    Dark: Before Gen V came out I'd have said with absolutely no hesitation Honchkrow was my favorite Dark-type, because what's not to love about it? It has an awesome design and inspiration (Mafia Don Krow. Hell yes.), and it looks like it is wearing a fedora. Instant awesome in my book. But then Gen V made it's debut with it's first mascot, the monsterous fox called Zoroark. Unlike most Unova Pokémon, I actually didn't really like Zoroark at first, but it quickly grew on me, and now I can't really decide which I like more. So it'd be I tie I guess between the two.

    Dragon: My favorite Dragon-type is hands-down Giratina, because it's backstory is definitely one of the most interesting for all Dragon-types, plus it is a Ghost-type, which is my fav type, so that's a bonus. But since it's a Legend, I can't really hope to catch it or anything on here. Not counting Legends, my favorite Dragon would either be Hydreigon or Kingdra, and out of the two I can't really pick which.

    Electric: ROTOM. I shouldn't have to even elaborate on this because this should be insanely obvious based on either A) my username or B) the little smiley I used at the top of the post, but I will anyway. Honestly when Gen IV first came out and I saw Rotom, I glanced over it and moved on. My like of it never really started until in a little freeform school RP my character was given an egg which we could hatch into pretty much whatever Pokémon we wanted (within reason of course). I decided on hatching an Electric-type, and just rolled a RNG, ending up with Rotom. I thought, Alright, I'll give it a try. Not my usual kind of preference, but whatever. I could've got worse.

    Then, like a bomb, I was wowed. Mind blown. Rotom has insane versitility in most RPs that aren't set in ancient times before modern technology, and since that's what I primarily do now-a-days, this little poltergeist quickly climbed my favorites later into my heart. And it's stayed there ever since.

    Of course, since Rotom is going to show up six more times throughout this, I'll go ahead and list my second favorites too. xP For second my favorite Electric-type is a tie between Magnezone (because of another RP tale xD) and Joltik (because Uguu~).

    Fighting: Like Rotom, my favorite Fighting-type - Gallade - is because of another RP tale, though I already had liked it before then, as indicated by a constant slot on my first RP character's team. There's a funny story behind that Gallade though. For whatever reason I had decided to use one of the many trainer card makers throughout the Internet to make a trainer card for my RP character, and when I put in Gallade, for some unexplained reason (I still have no idea even now, and this was several years ago), the Gallade sprite on the card was grey instead of green! And it wasn't just that, the entire sprite was recolored. Laughing at it, I decided to make that the Gallade's canon color scheme, and it stuck.

    Fire: Rotom again~ (or more specifically Heattom). My second favorite Fire-type is also a Ghost-type (though Rotom is only technically a Ghost in normal forme, which isn't Fire-type), in the form of the little living (or unliving) candle Litwick. Because Litwick is so adorable. ...Yeah, I don't really have anything else for it, but it's adorableness makes up for that.

    Flying: No Flying-type can ever compare to my one true Flying-type bro, Sigilyph. In my brief competitve battling run, dat weird bird thing and I have swept entire teams alone. And for that it deserves my number one Flying spot.

    That's not to say there's not competition at all. Drifblim (living blimp, awesome), Taillow (for its cuteness), Tranquill (because it looks like a roadrunner), and of course Rotom's Flying Forme (Fantom) are all tied for a close-ish second. Especially Fantom, for both its slightly punny nickname (which I totally just realized xD) and the fact that it is a total troll. Flying-type + Levitate = Master Troll. The only bigger troll could be Game Freak itself (though Final Gambit Shedinja is not that far behind).

    Ghost: ROTOM. See Electric-type if you've been skimming~

    As for second, most of the tied 'mons have already been mentioned elsewhere (Litwick, Drifblim, Giratina, etc), though there are a few others that deserve mention: Gastly (a Ghost I've only recently learned to like, I'll admit), Shedinja (because it's an awesome idea), Misdreavus/Mismagius (the first pure Ghost and the witch doctor like evolution), and Cofagrigus (because I've always loved Egyptian stuff).

    Grass: Mowtom, obviously. To be honest though, Serperior very very nearly beats it. Other than Ghosts, I LOVE snake Pokémon. And other than Ekans there are none that I love more than Serperior. It is truly awesomesauce (as a friend would put it). Lilligant, Ludicolo, and Maractus all are other close favorites, but pale in comparison to Serperior.

    Ground: There's never been any real competition for my favorite Ground-type. Phanpy has always trumped every other one with its supreme cuteness. Not even the flying mecha Golurk (my second favorite) can come close.

    Ice: Like Phanpy above, Sneasel has always been my favorite Ice-type, ever since I first saw it. Like others on my list, it isn't because of a sort of story or history. I just always liked it. In fact, until I learned of Froslass and then Vanillite in this newest Gen, there wasn't even a close second. Oh, and of course Frosttom, Rotom's Ice-type form. Can't forget about that.

    Normal: Among the countless Normal-types, there are several that I like equally. There's the awesome computer-based Porygon line, the gimmicky Kecleon (which I thought was the coolest thing ever when I first got to that point in Emerald), the musical Meloetta (which being a musician I quite like), the giraffe palindrome Girafarig (which I like because giraffes are my favorite animal), and then my favorite, Bouffalant. It's a bison (NOT a buffalo!) with an afro. Win.

    Poison: Like I said with Serperior in the Grass-type section, I love snake Pokémon. Ekans is absolutely no exception. For that matter neither are Arbok or Seviper (who are both my second favorite Poison-types). And then there's Foongus, who I like 'cause it is a cute little bugger and its name is creatively awesome.

    Psychic: Up two sections I said giraffes are my favorite animal, which is why Girafarig is my favorite Psychic-type, though Gallade, Alakazam, Munna, and Wynaut are all close seconds (especially Wynaut, mainly because of my Sempai x3).

    Rock: Time for a story. Imagine you are back playing your very first Pokémon game. Hours upon hours of battling, you finally got the little Anorith you got as a fossil (or in my case a trade with my friend who didn't want theirs) evolved, and then before you know it the beast that is Armaldo up to level 100, your very first level 100 Pokémon ever. That is truly a memory I will probably forever remember. And that is why even though he might not be the best battler as generations passed, Armaldo will always be my favorite Rock-type.

    Steel: Like Armaldo, my favorite Steel-type was another cherished memory. Shortly after Armaldo, the other Pokémon I had got from the same friend (coincidentally at the same time as Armaldo) also reached level 100. And my god was he a beast. Truly a living TANK, Aggron has captured my heart.

    Water: So... I herd u liek Mudkipz. I definitely do. Even more than Shellos (East), Buizel, Frillish, and Huntail combined. Also there's the obligatory Washtom, though that's probably my least favorite Rotom form because of how many times I've been on the wrong end of one of my friend's Washtom. Although all those loses made it so much better when I ended up beating it with my Ferothorn in an ultra-long 111 turn stall war. :D

    All Time Favorite: If you haven't already guessed, my favorite Pokémon is and will always be Rotom, though Aggron and Armaldo are very close seconds for that spot.

    ---

    ...Whoa. When I was typing that it didn't look near as long. :O

    Sorry for the insane wall of text everyone! xD;; Although I am curious to see who cares enough to read it all. :P

  2. #727
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    I'm the flame in your heart.
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Very nice Rotom310 you wrote way more than me and very interesting stories. I like how you put Rotom as your favorite in every place you could. My favorite ghost, electric, ice, fire, grass, water (my least favorite of the bunch) is Rotom in it's multiple forms XD Now when need someone to put Arceus as his or her favorite for all the types.
    Let's eat Grandma!
    Let's eat, Grandma!
    Commas saves lives.





    Say hello to Rascal, he is a naughty little Articuno but he wants to be a true adventurer one day. Feed him lots of spicy berries and help him grow big and stronger.

    During tests people:
    Look up for inspiration
    Down in desperation
    Left and right for information

  3. #728
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    My favorite Pokemon overall is currently Musharna. (Though it could change come Gen 6.)

    This is primarily because Munna was initially disliked when it was first revealed, and I thought it was cute (It's for this same reason that I also like the Vaniluxe line. The poor ice cream cone still gets so much hate.) There was also an evil Munna in an RPG (on the same forum as Rotom.) that I thought was awesome.

    I like Musharna because it's the fully evolved version of Munna. No matter what the anime may tell you, the fully evolved versions are stronger than the not fully evolved. (With certain exceptions like Chansey who's pretty much equal to Blissey with Eviolite, Porygon 2, and Dusclops, also with Eviolite. As well as Vigoroth due to lack of Truant.) Light Ball Pikachu isn't included in this because it's still frail as...something that's frail. :/ (As much as I like Pikachu, (Yellow version was my first Pokemon game...actually it was my first video game period.) Raichu is sooo much better.)

    After Musharna comes Flygon, it was a Dragon type that's easy to get. The others were too rare, and a pain in the rear to train, and it was adorable. :3 but in the RPG's I used to be in before I came to Serebii, several people had one. Musharna was pretty much unique to me.

    /Random tangent. xD
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

    RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

  4. #729
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    My luck has drastically increased over the past few days =D I won 2 Candies at da Casino as well as 4,200 coins. Impressive, no?

    Anyway, nabbed that last spot in Cascadia. Me is happy bunny. =3

    Since I'm bored, I've also decided to do a story on how I came to love Victini.

    Truth to be told, Victini was like the first Unova Pokémon I ever discovered (actually Zorua and Zoroark were but oh what the hell), and it looked like a fox, so I immediately took a liking to it. It looked just like a cute, angel-fox-like fairy thing - just my type. Not to mention, it was a Fire-Type as well.

    However, it only became my favourite when I actually used it. By the time I'd caught it, it was really underlevelled within my team of high 30's and low 40's, so I set about training it. As I trained it I almost grew a special bond with it, since I was only focusing on it and it only, and I also loved the (IMO) cool moves that it could use. I treated it a bit like a pet, actually. After days of grinding, my little Victini was at Level 40 and its happiness level was at max. I really felt that Victini was my special little friend.

    And that's the story, I guess. =|

  5. #730
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Lentimas
    Posts
    725

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mon1010 View Post
    This is primarily because Munna was initially disliked when it was first revealed, and I thought it was cute (It's for this same reason that I also like the Vaniluxe line. The poor ice cream cone still gets so much hate.) There was also an evil Munna in an RPG (on the same forum as Rotom.) that I thought was awesome.
    Aww, really? I like vanilluxe, and I thought everybody liked vanilluxe lol.

    Mmm, ice cream
    A place where I store stuff that I create. Ascension Drive. | Fizzy Bubbles

  6. #731
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Crawling through tall grass
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Jumping on the "Favourite Poke of each type" bandwagon. Here's mine:

    Grass: Sunflora
    Fire: Magcargo
    Water: Walrein
    Normal: Exploud
    Flying: Archeops
    Bug: Mothim
    Poison: Garbodor
    Electric: Galvantula
    Ground: Torterra
    Rock: Carracosta
    Fighting: Conkeldurr
    Psychic: Swoobat
    Ghost: Chandelure
    Ice: Abomasnow
    Dragon: Altaria
    Dark: Mandibuzz
    Steel: Bronzong

    - - - -
    Sheldon (17) - Tsar (12) - Kray (11) - Iggy (7) - Daisy (4)
    My Fizzy Bubbles Info.

  7. #732
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Equestria
    Posts
    4,066

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ~*Centin*~ View Post
    Aww, really? I like vanilluxe, and I thought everybody liked vanilluxe lol.

    Mmm, ice cream
    So did I, untill I went to the GPD section...

    It's an ice cream cone, how can you not like it?! xD
    Credit to Sworn Metalhead for the banner

    RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

  8. #733
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Question about the Adoption Centre: Do I have to wait a month from my last post in it to claim, or til the start of the new month?
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  9. #734
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    558

    Default

    Well, it says on the first page that you can't adopt until March 13th...

  10. #735
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    It's been going a bit slow here...

    So, how is everyone?

  11. #736
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    Personally I've been incredibly stressed lately, and my back is bearing the brunt of it. Damn you university!
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  12. #737
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default

    You and me both. University's driving me crazy. Ugh.
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 31st August 2012 at 7:13 PM.

  13. #738
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In the shadows of your mind...
    Posts
    2,964

    Default

    Seems there's stress and craziness all around. We've just had new software installed at work that is supposed to make the job easier. HA! I'm sure once we learn all of the intricate little details of the system it'll be roses and smiles all around, but in the meantime its been an absolute nightmare. The old adage, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it," is ringing in my mind at the moment. Hopefully by the end of this week we'll be starting to see the benefits of this new system, because right now it's a nightmare :/

    Can't wait to get back to my updates, the zone is a nice distraction from work at the moment :p
    Unfortunately they've been on the backburner this week because I've been working overtime every day, but I'm looking forward to seeing the Glacier Islands active again. The numbers are good as well which is a bonus so it's all rather exciting to see ^^.
    New Sig Coming

  14. #739
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    I'm happy we're a destress, Enchantress. ^^ I can't wait for you to update, too. <3 I'm going to uni in September, but my illness has meant I'm behind on A2/Sixth Form work, and it's hell trying to catch up with coursework. x.x;

    Besides that, though, I'm pretty good. ^^ My blood sugars are finally coming down to a normal level, I had a day out with Mam yesterday where we shopped, went to the cinema and ate at an Asian place and I'm going to three concerts in a row this week! Excited! 8D

    Also, Fizzy Bubbles has led to me rewatching the Pokemans anime. Indigo League ftw. OTL

  15. #740
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    I feel so young next to you guys. OTL

    I'm halfway through Year 7...

  16. #741
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Bless, we have people of all ages on here and that's what's wonderful about FB. That no matter what age you are you can enjoy Pokemon.
    I'll be 28 this year ... gah that sounds so old when you say it out loud. I'm so very nearly 30 ;-;


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  17. #742
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Farming infractions for noobs.
    Posts
    2,066

    Default

    You'll be 28? Wow, I thought you were younger than that...

    Anyways, after I'm showered I'll be burning midnight oil and updating, hopefully avoiding falling comatose from exhaustion.


    I reject your Nyancats and replace it with my own.
    FB

  18. #743
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    In Imaginary Sin and Bliss
    Posts
    2,643

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishyfool View Post
    You'll be 28? Wow, I thought you were younger than that...
    Awww ... you're sweet *hugs* but no I'm getting old. Been with FB for nearly 6.5 years now, started when I was 21.
    I remembered that I started here the same time I started work on the ward I still work on and at the same time I started Karate. I started a lot in October that year XD


    ~Stace and Imp. A Perfect Pair~
    FB : PC : DT

  19. #744
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    For the record, I thought you were younger too. I'm gonna be 24 within a couple days, and I'm starting to feel like a real adult now. This makes me sad. T-T

    Anyways, things are gonna start getting hectic for me now that I nailed a job as a cook at a rather big hotel around here, but it's good knowing that I'm finally settling down. I could say I'm doing better than ever now. =D

  20. #745
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Austria
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Should I feel young with my 17 years...? Nah, I'll just not feel old. I'm slightly nervous for what lies beyond school though.

  21. #746
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    I thought you were in your early 20s as well, Arc_Angel. XD

    And welcome to FB, Spoook! =D You're just in the comfy middle.

  22. #747
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Somewhere.
    Posts
    821

    Default

    Heh, I'm going to turn 20 this year and Uni's really been keeping me busy. I feel old. ;A;
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 31st August 2012 at 7:13 PM.

  23. #748
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada eh?
    Posts
    869

    Default

    I'm 16, though I usually act older. It also helps that I'm a nerd XD.
    I have clamed... the mighty Thor. Oh wait it's Throh *Facepalm*
    Fizzy Bubbles
    PASBL Stats
    My fanfic: Island of New Sundai

  24. #749
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Northern Ireland.
    Posts
    1,965

    Default

    19 here, can't believe I'm 20 in almost a year... Quite scary to be honest.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

  25. #750
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Temsik Park
    Posts
    5,374

    Default

    I'm gonna be twelve this year. ;_; Oh well, gotta hang on desperately to the last threads of childhood, I guess. ^^;

    And I keep on forgetting stuff. Grrr.

Page 30 of 189 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •