Page 44 of 189 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast
Results 1,076 to 1,100 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Seems like I didn't have a good idea after all so my character ended up having a mental breakdown. ^^;;
    Whoo mental breakdowns! \o/ My character had one a long time ago and now has a latent split personality because of it. XP

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

FM, We all have mental breakdowns. It's natural.

Ooohh! I have a idea! Your Vulpix could pick up the scent of one of those gummis we got during the Easter giveaway and then she could track em' down!

Whatamisaying
    Last edited by Nightfall_; 10th April 2012 at 10:01 PM.
    EPIC SIG HERE

>current adventures

Heh, compared to theft and kidnapping, my adventures where I'm either surrounded by Sandshrew or have to choose between taking a bus or the subway seem pretty lax now.

Of course, now that I say that with my luck both of them are going to become like my Phantom Isle adventure, where I have encountered what appears to be a literal ghost threatening me with fireballs.

Another question... What if I never get my Pokemon back?

I know it won't really matter overall, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
    >current adventures

Heh, compared to theft and kidnapping, my adventures where I'm either surrounded by Sandshrew or have to choose between taking a bus or the subway seem pretty lax now.
    Choose Subway, it's more fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    Another question... What if I never get my Pokemon back?

I know it won't really matter overall, but still.
    You still have your Pokémon, you just can't use them in Whale Island. Balmund is just trying to make you think on your feet for a while, that's all.

If that really happened, that would seriously fail.

#%$Ľ&@*€ I still have no idea what to do *facedesk* Maybe I'm applying logic too much.

Yeah, I don't think I could permanently strip you of your Pokémon even if I could. You could still put them in shops and all that stuff. I do love the drama that came out of this. Reading through the last page with a huge, evil grin on my face. My goal is to cook up memorable stories for everyone. Some ones may be starting a bit on the slow side, but I intend to have them *really* pick up at one point or another. Maybe I'm going waaay overboard, but hey, my first adventure also had a very dramatic twist and that's precisely why I loved it so much. Even had a couple sleepless nights because of it. xD

Mistress, there are many things you could do to get your stuff back; your choices will only determine how long and through what route you will get them. You could try to look for it yourself, with the help of Flare maybe; ask for a kind citizen to help you out (and hope it isn't another thief or something); look for the police and cross fingers; or break down and see what divine providence falls upon you. Perhaps something else that escapes me at the moment. Well see~
    Last edited by Balmund; 11th April 2012 at 2:58 AM.

@Mistress: I suggest you go find another person and do to them what Philip did to you. You'd probably get awesome new Pokemon

I've always wanted to try something like that. I'd love to see how my updater react if I randomly decided to attack and mug an NPC XD

Quote Originally Posted by YDT View Post
    @Mistress: I suggest you go find another person and do to them what Philip did to you. You'd probably get awesome new Pokemon

I'm glad I'm on top of a dormant volcano. haha
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

@UDI: Yeah, I should totally try that sometime...

I mean, really... That would be cool.

Personally, I'd really love to see a someone play an "evil" sort of character. Mugging NPC's, intimidating others through force, abusing wild Pokémon for the heck of it... and succeed to top it off. Karma can be a ***** though, so be wary of that. Still, not everyone has to be a goody-two-shoes player, y'know?

Be sure your updator is cool with that, though, I'd say. o.o
    Last edited by Balmund; 11th April 2012 at 3:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotom310 View Post
    >current adventures

Of course, now that I say that with my luck both of them are going to become like my Phantom Isle adventure, where I have encountered what appears to be a literal ghost threatening me with fireballs.
    Heh, mine's also pretty tame at the moment as well... So far, I've had a Pansage who wants to play with me, met a group of people in the middle of a snowy field, am attempting to stop a group of Aipom from stealing some jewelries, get invited by two ladies for a contest, and lastly get chased off by a giant Yanmega who's after me... okay maybe the last one isn't so tame.

Although, knowing what Balmund did with Flame Mistress' adventure, I'm pretty sure my Whale Island adventure will go wrong in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Heh, mine's also pretty tame at the moment as well... So far, I've had a Pansage who wants to play with me, met a group of people in the middle of a snowy field, am attempting to stop a group of Aipom from stealing some jewelries, get invited by two ladies for a contest, and lastly get chased off by a giant Yanmega who's after me... okay maybe the last one isn't so tame.

Although, knowing what Balmund did with Flame Mistress' adventure, I'm pretty sure my Whale Island adventure will go wrong in some way.
    I'm on the verge of blown up by pirates myself. I'm pretty sure every adventure has to go wrong in some way or then there's no conflict, nothing to push you to do something, which is kinda needed.
    Last edited by UNowenwasme?; 11th April 2012 at 4:30 AM.

inb4 Emp shows up thugs who steal Keiko or makes Keiko too scared and runs away. LoL. These are just hunches.

Heh, mine so far has been, "Okay, here's a Pokemon your level. Oh but wait, it's a fully evolved Pokemon and has some powerful moves even though it's at a low level. Oh, and it also shares your starter's type meaning your STAB doesn't do much. Oh look, now you have a super-effective attack but it's still not doing a whole lot of damage. Meanwhile, this Pokemon is curb-Stomping yours and blowing it to bits!"

Good thing Easter came... >=D

Easter saved my life. I was about to get beaten by a Wingull and a Mienfoo, owned by a little kid, in a kiddie pool, with my Ralts knowing only Growl and Shadow Sneak, while Keiko is just a baby xDDDDDD Now... typespam awaaaaay.

Quote Originally Posted by Empoleon-Dynamite View Post
    I've always wanted to try something like that. I'd love to see how my updater react if I randomly decided to attack and mug an NPC XD

A few years back, I vaguely recall someone (I'm think it might have been Treep) tried to fight a Pokemon with his bare hands...I think he was kindly asked to rewrite his reply.

fb | trades | pc
    *team pose by Luxraymaster

Quote Originally Posted by UNowenwasme? View Post
    I'm on the verge of blown up by pirates myself. I'm pretty sure every adventure has to go wrong in some way or then there's no conflict, nothing to push you to do something, which is kinda needed.
    Agreed! There's no fun in, "You skip through some flowery fields with an adorable Pokemon that you want, who finds your skipping and singing so delightful that it promises to skip alongside you through good and bad! You both make a daisy chain and you teach it TM Fart Rainbows which destroys all evil in the land and everything ends with a giant yellow cake with raspberry filling which gives your Pokemon 10 automatic levels from its sweet, sweet goodness, and you win the trophy for world's most pleasant individual because everyone loves you." All that sweetness and reward and goodness gets sickening without bitter struggle and tough decisions to counter all that saccharine gush.

I'm gonna be honest, here; it seems like most levels and Pokemon nowadays come from non-RP means. You go to shops, you get them through events, you collect candies, and aside from first capture, it seems as though zones are far less important than they used to be in terms of making meaningful gains. In that regard, their real importance is to take all of that Daycaring, Egg-grabbing, trading and coin-collecting and getting the ultimate reward from it, which is to have your own character who, through their dedication and loyalty to the system, has created a team that can face any obstacle that the updater may throw at him or her. To me, that's the real worth and value of zones. I'm in it for a good story. Sure, you may get something nice out of it at the end, but the real joy is being able to roleplay with your Pokemon and see what kind of mischief you can get into before your adventure is considered over and you're booted out of the zone. That's my take on the current system, anyhow.

As far as "evil" players go... We had one way back who used to bring a shotgun into zones and deal with people by attempting to shoot them. It really depended on the updater and the situation as to how well he was received, but I think it's definitely an interesting idea.

[FB || PASBL]

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Agreed! There's no fun in, "You skip through some flowery fields with an adorable Pokemon that you want, who finds your skipping and singing so delightful that it promises to skip alongside you through good and bad! You both make a daisy chain and you teach it TM Fart Rainbows which destroys all evil in the land and everything ends with a giant yellow cake with raspberry filling which gives your Pokemon 10 automatic levels from its sweet, sweet goodness, and you win the trophy for world's most pleasant individual because everyone loves you." All that sweetness and reward and goodness gets sickening without bitter struggle and tough decisions to counter all that saccharine gush.

I'm gonna be honest, here; it seems like most levels and Pokemon nowadays come from non-RP means. You go to shops, you get them through events, you collect candies, and aside from first capture, it seems as though zones are far less important than they used to be in terms of making meaningful gains. In that regard, their real importance is to take all of that Daycaring, Egg-grabbing, trading and coin-collecting and getting the ultimate reward from it, which is to have your own character who, through their dedication and loyalty to the system, has created a team that can face any obstacle that the updater may throw at him or her. To me, that's the real worth and value of zones. I'm in it for a good story. Sure, you may get something nice out of it at the end, but the real joy is being able to roleplay with your Pokemon and see what kind of mischief you can get into before your adventure is considered over and you're booted out of the zone. That's my take on the current system, anyhow.

As far as "evil" players go... We had one way back who used to bring a shotgun into zones and deal with people by attempting to shoot them. It really depended on the updater and the situation as to how well he was received, but I think it's definitely an interesting idea.
    TM Fart Rainbows? Where can I get one of those?!

On a serious note, I see what you mean though Marion.

And wow... things must have been pretty crazy back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post

I see... Now that I think about it... yeah! People should just enjoy RPing.

I would have loved to read RPs including shotguns ^^. I want to the a completely unorthodox adventure some time. Like for example the save the wailmers thing... I'll join the team aqua XDDDD. As for Phantom Isle... I'll go to the hotel and insult the ghosts or something XD

Quote Originally Posted by -Hayward- View Post

A few years back, I vaguely recall someone (I'm think it might have been Treep) tried to fight a Pokemon with his bare hands...I think he was kindly asked to rewrite his reply.
    >fight Pokémon

With what? Your bare hands?

>yes

Congratulations! You have just vanquished a Pokémon with your bare hands! (Unbelievable, isn't it?)

On the topic of unorthodox adventures, I'm quite looking forward to playing a semi-mentally unstable character. X3 Who knows, maybe someday she'll completely snap...

Also, whatever happened to Raunchyfad? She had quite a unique character. =3=

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    >fight Pokémon

With what? Your bare hands?

>yes

Congratulations! You have just vanquished a Pokémon with your bare hands! (Unbelievable, isn't it?)

On the topic of unorthodox adventures, I'm quite looking forward to playing a semi-mentally unstable character. X3 Who knows, maybe someday she'll completely snap...

Also, whatever happened to Raunchyfad? She had quite a unique character. =3=
    I think any person who tried to attack a Pokemon with his or her bare hands with me as an updater would end up in the hospital with severe injuries, and perhaps a psych diagnosis for "thinking he/she was a Pokemon". Or, even worse... you know, actually, I'm going to save the idea in my head for if I end up applying for an updater position after I finish my thesis. MWAHAHAHA~!

Haha, I love Raunchyfad's character... Dirty hippie. XD

[FB || PASBL]

Short reply to Emp, but there's not really much else I can think of. Ehh.
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

@Emp: Awesome Sauce! Hm, five minutes... Would there be enough time to visit a Pokemon Center to heal up, or is it just, "I accept," and then I rush to catch the ferry?

@Andy: Nice battling! You're even better off because you can catch your opponent, and I did like being able to use a Crawdaunt in my Ruby/Sapphire games, if only as an HM slave. I think you should throw a Pokeball at it before you head to the harbor... wouldn't hurt to have another member for your team... plus you'd have regular access to the Egg House!

Page 44 of 189 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144 ... LastLast