Page 65 of 189 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,625 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by Pengyzu View Post
    Here are mine. Spoilers... all of them are zone battle related and I'm thinking I'm ages away from my first captures ;-;
    Whale Island: Trainer battle I'm losing
    Talas: Trainer battle I'm interfering in
    Cloud Garden: Trainer battle I'm losing (do note that I'm the only one who itza updated that didn't meet a wild pokemon)
    Astoria: ??? And yes, I'm guessing it's another trainer battle.

I must be a wearing Max Repel as my cologne.
    You, my friend, Need further clicking...

Turn around at ASB and flourish within your speciality.

Astoria: Fighting a wild Panpour
    Cascadia: Fighting a skeleton and his Yamask
    Cloud Garden: Defending a Ducklett from a gang of Golduck
    Whale Island: On a mine cart, looking for treasure
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    Whale Island: Emp seems to have a great adventure planned out for me. Went to the wildlife park with my Squirtle, where it seems Team Aqua is planning a protest. Meanwhile, I'm in combat with a vicious Stunfisk who was about to electrify some children.

EDIT: WHICH I'VE JUST CAUGHT! First capture get, hell yes!
    Congrats! Now go spam the Egg House once you've replied to his update to make it official! =D

Whale Island: About to take a free wrestling class at CRASHER WAKE'S SCHOOL OF WRESTLING.
    Astoria: Chasing after a Mankey who attacked my Sneasel and took our berry.
    Cascadia: Walking along a boring walkway to a cave where a boring Numel ran off to.
    Cloud Garden: Fighting a Carnivine who is both sexually attracted to my Combusken and wants to eat his chicken body. Damn sex offender. Sad thing is, this is the closest I am to catching anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Charminions View Post
    Whale Island: About to take a free wrestling class at CRASHER WAKE'S SCHOOL OF WRESTLING.
    Astoria: Chasing after a Mankey who attacked my Sneasel and took our berry.
    Cascadia: Walking along a boring walkway to a cave where a boring Numel ran off to.
    Cloud Garden: Fighting a Carnivine who is both sexually attracted to my Combusken and wants to eat his chicken body. Damn sex offender. Sad thing is, this is the closest I am to catching anything.
    The fanning reminded me of Call Me Maybe's music video... say... Yuki... you didn't happen to have did that on purpose did you? =)))

Whale Island: Fighting a group of thugs, who I've run into after having all my possessions and Pokémon with the exception of my starter and a Snorunt plushie stolen
    Astoria: Fighting a wild Skarmory
    Phantom Isle: Trying to look for my starter with the help of two loonies
    Cortoza: ...Nothing (just remembered that I have a reply there)
    Archaeology Zone: Fighting a Solrock and an even loonier loony
    Cloud Garden: Nothing yet

So... Yeah. Sad thing is, out of those six zones, I'm only close to getting something in one of them.

The fanning reminded me of Call Me Maybe's music video... say... Yuki... you didn't happen to have did that on purpose did you? =)))
    Lol. Now that I think about it, it is similar to that.

Also, can't wait for Cortoza. I can't decide if I want to go to the Open Plain or the Lava Pit. I have a feeling my Combusken and I will get thoroughly beaten in the Lava Pit though.

Whale Island: Impersonating an Official League Trainer and helping out an ice-cream shop deal with a Grimer attack.
    Astoria: Waiting for first updator reply.
    Phantom Isle: Waiting for first updator reply.
    Cloud Garden: Just captured my first Pokémon, a Seedot, and I'm spending the night in the forest, waiting to make it to next morning unscathed to resume searching for the Rainbow Road.

I envy all of you and all your at least single or closest wild Pokemon encounter ;-;

Now that I examine it more, I'm getting more and more reminded of the scene in Call Me Maybe with the Carnivine and Combusken.... LOL Well, two updates down. Time for me to lose, more or less.... FB is so much more different than ASB. These RNG systems are making it neigh impossible for me to strategize lol.

^ rbmtengefsbsngngeetnetjtwnetj I'm one of the first Gen2012s to have joined here, and I haven't got a single capture yet. Arrrgh.

Quote Originally Posted by Flame Mistress View Post
    ^ rbmtengefsbsngngeetnetjtwnetj I'm one of the first Gen2012s to have joined here, and I haven't got a single capture yet. Arrrgh.
    I made my member post a whole day before you :O. But, I know that feel bro sis.

You have a Wild Skarmory battle, that's a start right? At least you get to experience something other than total trainer battle pawnage. :P I'd enjoy your adventure, while mine stays boring and relatively depressing with me getting my butt whooped. Only one slightly more interesting than the others is my Talas adventures, alas, darky is too busy.

*cries*

So... Yeah. Sad thing is, out of those six zones, I'm only close to getting something in one of them.
    Just hijacking this statement to say that to everyone whom I update, every single one of them is going to have to earn their rewards, so there would be at least 10 updates until I would even consider putting them in a condition to catch a pokemon. Also those updates will come quicker in about a fortnight once exams are over.

At least you guys have your adventure(s) running... I'm still stuck at my first Zone post T_T Oh wells, guess I gotta work on my patience.

You just started, so that's to be expected. Hopefully you have a fun time in FB and like... get the luck that I didn't.

Normally, longer adventures yield better rewards. It may be that you're being pitted against trainers as part of a larger storyline in which you are getting a less common Pokemon. Granted, I have no idea what your updaters are planning for you, but I keep tabs of how many updates each person in my group has received, keeping that number in mind when I provide rewards/Pokemon for capture. From what I understand, most other updaters do the same.

Also, Pokemon that are found/captured later on usually make for better back stories instead of the 'lol a wild *insert Pokemon* appeared!' bit.
    The Artist Formerly Known as Celebii151

Spoiler:- PASBL Record:

Never heard of it. ^^;

Welcome to FB, OkikuMew!

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Quote Originally Posted by Marion Ette View Post
    Normally, longer adventures yield better rewards. It may be that you're being pitted against trainers as part of a larger storyline in which you are getting a less common Pokemon.
    Ditto to this. You all seem to be getting a bit carried away with the idea of your first capture and the Egg House :/ If you wanted Pengy I could’ve easily removed any element of plot from your adventure and had you wind up in a fight with a wild Poliwag or Goldeen, but I had something much better planned which requires you to work a bit harder. If you think you’ve been unlucky, well... As for the Egg House, I’ve been hunting a Wailmer there for about 3 years now with no luck. It’s a fun shop but I don’t think it’s nearly as exciting as most of you make it out to be /rant.

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    Ditto to this. You all seem to be getting a bit carried away with the idea of your first capture and the Egg House :/ If you wanted Pengy I could’ve easily removed any element of plot from your adventure and had you wind up in a fight with a wild Poliwag or Goldeen, but I had something much better planned which requires you to work a bit harder. If you think you’ve been unlucky, well... As for the Egg House, I’ve been hunting a Wailmer there for about 3 years now with no luck. It’s a fun shop but I don’t think it’s nearly as exciting as most of you make it out to be /rant.
    I've got two encounters with wild Pokemon, one in an adventure that's still currently in Astoria, and the other which I'm not sure if I intend to catch or just knock out for experience. I'm in no rush to get my first capture because I want it to have some sort of meaning like in a real Pokemon adventure, and I'm trying to put myself in the shoes of 'If I was there, would I go for it?' I'd love the fun of the egg house, but I'm not going mad for it. A large plotline and fun is what I'm going for, and luckily Marion, Celebi and hopefully my new updater for Astoria will give me something great for that. <3 They seem to be so far!

*sneaking in Serebii while working* Thanks Pengyzu and lilblue!

You just started, so that's to be expected.
    Yeah, I thought as much too. I know from experience (both tabletop and forum RPGs) that building up a story takes time, so I shouldn't push it. However, having a bit of "healthy" impatience doubled with excitement ain't a bad thing

I haven't either...

At least you almost have a full team. I still only have three Pokemon, while most of the other people who joined around the same time have six Pokemon already.

Of course, since I don't stalk the Egg House, or visit UPN that much, that's to be expected. xD

WOWOWO! Never seen this place this active before!
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

Dear Updators, my Cyndaquil is in Daycare until Monday. My updates will come next week. Sorry. ^_^;;

Dear Updatees, I'm working on your updates as we speak, er, type.

...and to contribute to the conversation, I'm not too concerned with getting my first capture out of the way, as long as I get a good story which so far seem to be happening.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I didn't wanna make anybody mad when I mentioned my first capture; the response wasn't overwhelmingly positive on UPN either, but I wasn't trying to rub it in anybody's face, I was just genuinely happy...
    Sorry if I upset anybody. :/

Page 65 of 189 FirstFirst ... 155561626364656667686975115165 ... LastLast