Page 89 of 189 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 4712

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    She can do that? o.o
    I have a whole new fear of Mods and Updaters now!
    Yes, that's right, be afraid, be VERY afraid. /evil laugh at Meetan's direction.

By the way Meetan, Trainer Andy, Pingu, DS, Treecko's Awesomeness, King Ghidorah, and takku YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK ASTORIA.
    Last edited by uhhhhh; 30th June 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    yes, that's right, be afraid, be very afraid. /evil laugh at meetan's direction.

By the way meetan, trainer andy, pingu, ds, treecko's awesomeness, king ghidorah, and takku you guys should check astoria. :d
    hi marry me.

Edit: Also, darn you, Surskit. xDD I might just let that Swellow eat you, once Swinub's out of the Spa!
    Last edited by Meetan; 30th June 2012 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meetan View Post
    hi marry me.
    You sure you wanna do that? I will have the tendency to be quite evil in my updates. Just look at takku's and Treecko's Awesomeness updates for an example. >:D /inb4that'snotevilenough

Oh no. Not another battle ;-;
    ASB Profile -o- FB Profile
    Credits to Skiyomi for the nice avatar signature

You sure you wanna do that? I will have the tendency to be quite evil in my updates. Just look at takku's and Treecko's Awesomeness updates for an example. > /inb4that'snotevilenough
    I like evil people, though. ;D

But I won't marry you if Flame Mistress manages to kidnap me an idol from Korea. Like Amber, Sungyeol, or Lee Joon... /inb4shesaysnothatsillegal

Oh no. Not another Ralts user. *pokes DS and points to the reg thread*

Quote Originally Posted by Pengyzu View Post
    Oh no. Not another battle ;-;
    Hey! To be fair, I didn't give anyone that wasn't previously updated by fishy any catchable Pokemon. :U

Hey, can anyone of the more veteran people here remember when there last was a battle tournament of any kind at FB?

Just thinking that tournaments for new users and such would really help out us newbies gain some levels for our Pokémon as well as give experience in battle-RPGing. If that feels like age-ism, a low-level tournament could work too. Something like Little/Petit Cup in Pokémon Stadium back in the day. (Feel free to shoot me down if this is totally pathetic. *shot*)
    Last edited by kaisap112; 30th June 2012 at 1:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Hey, can anyone of the more veteran people here remember when there last was a battle tournament of any kind at FB?

Just thinking that tournaments for new users and such would really help out us newbies gain some levels for our Pokémon as well as give experience in battle-RPGing. If that feels like age-ism, a low-level tournament could work too. Something like Little/Petit Cup in Pokémon Stadium back in the day. (Feel free to shoot me down if this is totally pathetic. *shot*)
    I love Petit Cup in Revolution. That little park is so cuuuuuteeeee~!

Thing is, I don't think tournaments award levels? I could be wrong. It'd help for the writing/strategy experience, though, although watching the anime and reading the manga's being helping me come up with unconventional ideas. xD Mareeps with giant coats, anyone? :P

Hmm...Egg guessing time:

MZ's Steel egg = Mawhile
    Kaisap's Grass egg = Budew
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

The last tournament to be held in FB was the Pokéringer tournament in 2009. Looking back over all the matches got me really excited, I'd definitely take part reffing in since Pokéringer matches are completely different to trainer battles.

Pokeringer? You'd need a flying-type for that one right? /doesn't have one

A tournament would really sound nice though. I'd like to join in if there is one! =)

There's a rental place for those who don't have one.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Hmm...Egg guessing time:

MZ's Steel egg = Mawhile
    Kaisap's Grass egg = Budew
    I won't take part in guessing what comes out of my precious egg since walls have ears and all, but how about an Aron from a Steel egg? Those are so cute!

Thing is, I don't think tournaments award levels? I could be wrong. It'd help for the writing/strategy experience, though, although watching the anime and reading the manga's being helping me come up with unconventional ideas. xD Mareeps with giant coats, anyone? :P
    This is just a suggestion of mine for level awarding in a tournament: participants get EXP according to the Trainer Battle rules, but the EXP isn't distributed to the Pokémon themselves until the end of the tournament. So if you gathered, say, 6 EXP during the tournament, after it's over the Pokémon in question can be raised by two levels. (Hopefully this makes sense?)
    And of course, prizes to the top trainers and their Pokémon! Maybe a Gummi for all participants regardless of ranking as well, just so everyone's happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    The last tournament to be held in FB was the Pokéringer tournament in 2009. Looking back over all the matches got me really excited, I'd definitely take part reffing in since Pokéringer matches are completely different to trainer battles.
    If allowed, I'd be ready to ref anything from tournaments to battles to...anything! And haven't there been things like Pokémon Ping-pong, obstacle courses, fishing contests, dancing (or is that just for official Contests?) and who-knows-what else? Pokéathlons?

Hey, that's an idea, isn't it? Pokéathlons, since it's an Olympics year and everything. That would be so amazing!

Anyone who could right now say they'd chip in if we made a formal letter to the Mods that we would like to organize something like this and be ready to gather the refs needed to make it happen? *raises hand* And I mean Pokéathlons, Pokéringer, any of these. Summer of Sports with Pokémon!
    Last edited by kaisap112; 30th June 2012 at 4:14 PM.

I hope I didn't rain on your parade Uhhhhh...

My Astorians, your updates are up. OkikuMew and allishinca are both in my group. Welcome.

Summer of Sports? It's winter in my part of the world *shivers and goes to bed to snuggle under her pile of lovely warm blankets* So cooold...

Quote Originally Posted by enchantress View Post
    Summer of Sports? It's winter in my part of the world *shivers and goes to bed to snuggle under her pile of lovely warm blankets* So cooold...
    Ah, forgot about the seasonal differences between countries. o.o'' But summer just fit well with sports, it could be named anything. Pokélympics? *jumps around*

...I wish we had winter. :c

I wish I lived in Oregon...perma-autumn. I hate summer. But then I wouldn't have the freedoms that I'm currently not using in New England.

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    I wish I lived in Oregon...perma-autumn. I hate summer. But then I wouldn't have the freedoms that I'm currently not using in New England.
    I hate the summer too...we've only got it for approximately three months a year, but I hate it with that much more passion.

-Appears in your bundle of blankets- ... Hiiii Enchantressss. ;DDDD

butnosrsly. I envy you a little bit, because even though it's not that warm in England, my house still feels constantly hot orz. :<

And, Pokeathloney things sound really cool. We could base events from all across the games and the actual olympics as well? The prize/experience system also sounds fun. Seeing as FB's getting more and more active now, it would be a fun way for all of us to join together and bond and whathaveyou. ^^

-Appears in your bundle of blankets- ... Hiiii Enchantressss. ;DDDD

butnosrsly. I envy you a little bit, because even though it's not that warm in England, my house still feels constantly hot orz. :<

And, Pokeathloney things sound really cool. We could base events from all across the games and the actual olympics as well? The prize/experience system also sounds fun. Seeing as FB's getting more and more active now, it would be a fun way for all of us to join together and bond and whathaveyou. ^^
    Yeah, there could be the official competition thread and then a time-out-chat for it. *writing a pile of paperwork*
    If I come up with some sort of base-plan for a sports tournament, is there a place I could put it up so people could have a look and voice their opinions about it? Like a communal effort, we could keep a list of volunteers and everything.

Yes, that's right, be afraid, be VERY afraid. /evil laugh at Meetan's direction.

By the way Meetan, Trainer Andy, Pingu, DS, Treecko's Awesomeness, King Ghidorah, and takku YOU GUYS SHOULD CHECK ASTORIA.
    You are awesome now. *hasn't read the update yet*

Quote Originally Posted by Pengyzu View Post
    Oh no. Not another Ralts user. *pokes DS and points to the reg thread*
    Heh, you mean oh yes another Ralts user!

I think a Pokéathlon tournament sounds like a great idea. It's a good thing Serebii has a list of Pokémon's natural base stats, so we wouldn't have to worry about organizing those except for Gen 5 Pokes (unless we just decide to bar them).

The events would probably be a lot like the Balloon Game and Raikou Races in the Hero of Legend: Battle of Liberty Campaign. If we've got people who are willing to design and help run them, I think we could make it work. =O
    Last edited by lilbluecorsola; 30th June 2012 at 6:19 PM.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    I think a Pokéathlon tournament sounds like a great idea. It's a good thing Serebii has a list of Pokémon's natural base stats, so we wouldn't have to worry about organizing those except for Gen 5 Pokes (unless we just decide to bar them).

The events would probably be a lot like the Balloon Game and Raikou Races in the Hero of Legend: Battle of Liberty Campaign. If we've got people who are willing to design and help run them, I think we could make it work. =O
    I'd be more interested in running than designing. One which I think I could do straight off the bat is Ring Drop, which is basically a 4 Pokémon Sumo Wrestle. I think that would work slightly like a Pokémon battle / Pokéringer match and would require the least amount of technicalities.

The Block Smash wouldn't be too hard to draw up rules for either I don't think. I might blow the dust off my old HeartGold and get a feel for the games again. I don't think some would translate at all to a forum RPG, such as Lamp Jump. But ones such as the Relay Race could easily use the mechanics from the Hero of Legend games. If anyone is ambitious and capable enough of setting this up and get the go-ahead from the mods, you've definitely got my assistance!

Page 89 of 189 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399139 ... LastLast