Page 90 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 2,226 to 2,250 of 4712

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

I'd like the Flag Capturing thingy. The one where you race for the flags and the one who gets the most wins. Although it is kinda like Pokeringer, except not airborne xd
    ASB Profile -o- FB Profile
    Credits to Skiyomi for the nice avatar signature

I just played HG this month so the games are pretty fresh in my mind. My favorite was Ring Drop. ^^ Loved abusing jump.

I'd also volunteer to help run an event if necessary. Definitely not mathmetically-minded though so I'd be horrible at designing. ^^;

A tournament like this is nice for the newbies as well since it looks at Pokémon's natural aspects (and luck) rather than Levels. Like Contests only even easier since there's less emphasis on stat-boosting.

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Does anybody else always seem to miss the special berry offers...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    I just played HG this month so the games are pretty fresh in my mind. My favorite was Ring Drop. ^^ Loved abusing jump.

I'd also volunteer to help run an event if necessary. Definitely not mathmetically-minded though so I'd be horrible at designing. ^^;

A tournament like this is nice for the newbies as well since it looks at Pokémon's natural aspects (and luck) rather than Levels. Like Contests only even easier since there's less emphasis on stat-boosting.
    As a fairly fresh face myself around here, not only Contests but even regular battles seem like a distant possibility when Pokémon at levels 1-10 (when hatched or caught from a zone) only know possibly 1-3 moves when not counting possible HM-skills like Surf and Waterfall etc.
    Sure there's the Move Tutor, but as glancing even through this thread proves, Rare Candies are hard to come by, which makes it even harder to learn new moves. When you try to battle in zones for experience, it can at worst take weeks for there to be even one level up (not trying to be rude or whiny here, it's pretty much a fact).
    I'm fairly certain it doesn't require rocket science to determine that all this can make FB a bit intimidating for newcomers - especially if they've looked at the profiles of veterans who have hundreds of Candies and hundreds of thousands of Coins at their disposal.

A sports event that doesn't rely on who knows the best moves or has the best stats could help cushion the way for newcomers, but also give something "new" for veteran users, since a Lv. 1 Pokémon vs. Lv. 100 Pokémon doesn't automatically mean Lv. 100 will win every time. Not to mention that anything can happen in sports...

I'm going to have a close look at the Pokéathlon games (I have never played HG or SS. They're notoriously hard to get a hand on here in Scandinavia!) as well as the Battle of Liberty Campaign and try to come up with some sort of a layout for the tournament. Not saying you all can't do it, but I'll be doing it in any case so no pressure on anyone about it. =) If you know for a fact there are games that can't be put in RPG-form, do post them here or PM about them as I am no expert on the subject (yet).

So I shall get to work with the power of home-made pizza, wish me luck! *flames of passion burn brightly!*

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    As a fairly fresh face myself around here, not only Contests but even regular battles seem like a distant possibility when Pokémon at levels 1-10 (when hatched or caught from a zone) only know possibly 1-3 moves when not counting possible HM-skills like Surf and Waterfall etc.
    Sure there's the Move Tutor, but as glancing even through this thread proves, Rare Candies are hard to come by, which makes it even harder to learn new moves. When you try to battle in zones for experience, it can at worst take weeks for there to be even one level up (not trying to be rude or whiny here, it's pretty much a fact).
    I'm fairly certain it doesn't require rocket science to determine that all this can make FB a bit intimidating for newcomers - especially if they've looked at the profiles of veterans who have hundreds of Candies and hundreds of thousands of Coins at their disposal.
    You're right, I forgot Contests also favor those with large movepools. ^^;

Even in the games I felt Pokéathlon was a great improvement over Contests since anyone could participate at any time. You didn't have to have to special Contest 'mon or anything like that. And the mini-games themselves were fun, unlike dancing. XP

Good luck, kaisap! Anyone else who has knowledge of the games/ideas should feel free to pitch in too!

Hope the mods approve. =D This could be a really great way to boost spirit, productivity, and bonding across the boards.

~*~

Speaking of productivity, I've never seen this board more active. All of the active Islands have been posted in several times today and there's been a tonne of updates posted collectively. Maybe everyone's got end-of-the-month updating fever =P

I've also got a question since having just had a lot of fun replying to Phantom Isle. New guys might struggle to answer, but I'm pretty sure everyone has got a chance to start an adventure by now.

Who's your favourite Pokémon to adventure with?

I've decided it's Mojumbo my Tangrowth, hands down. I like to RP him as a friendly caveman who doesn't really show a great deal of excitement or interest for anything around him. He's incredibly protective however and he's really resourceful. I've used him to stun a minotaur that'd destroyed the Rollerquaza with attacks like Sleep Powder and Cotton Spore, as well as lifting a cart that my leg was trapped under with an Arm Thrust. Now I'm trying to get him to set up a false trail for the minotaur with a Sweet Scent. He has 101 uses! Not to mention he's so big and cuddly.

>Favorite Pokemon to adventure with.

Shaana the Munna at the moment. If for no other reason, then the fact that people rarely ever use Munna. (SoS and myself are the only ones that have one ATM.) Then again, I only have three Pokemon right now and she's the one I've used the most, and has actually gotten to do something. (And she's my starter.) xD I'm sure this will change when I get more Pokemon.
    Last edited by Monster Guy; 30th June 2012 at 11:27 PM.
    Shiny Mega Gardevoir thinks his black dress is totally stylish. Shiny Mega Gallade wishes he looked that good. :P

RPer's profile, 3DS Friend Code, and Nintendo Network ID

Quote Originally Posted by Emp View Post
    [size=1]Speaking of productivity, I've never seen this board more active. All of the active Islands have been posted in several times today and there's been a tonne of updates posted collectively. Maybe everyone's got end-of-the-month updating fever =P
    Ha ha, I'm actually pushing my Updates until tomorrow, since I still don't have enough to reach a new bracket for this month. ^^;

Aw, gee, I love Adventuring with all my babies. =< *group hug* But if I had to pick, um... Kief's actually turned out to be a really fun to RP. Surprising since he used to be my least favorite member when I first got him, as I didn't like Zigzagoon much. ^^; Even tried to pawn him off several times. Now he's become one of my favorites. <3 Such a sneaky little scamp, always finding some sort of trouble. XP

P.S. Poor Pengy. He tried to post an Update today before the end of the month but BMG's being a *****. ;;
    Last edited by lilbluecorsola; 30th June 2012 at 11:38 PM.

~*~

I'll say, right now, I'm really enjoying my Heracross. It really does help giving the Pokemon a personality, and Heracross' personality is a bit of a hot-head, who's afraid of fire (sounds a little ironic, no?). Numel, I think, as I've only started using him, will be a little dimwitted.

I haven't set my mind on something for Cyndaquil, but I want him to be friendly at least.

Productivity - It's disgustingly hot outside today, so I stayed inside and did two more updates for Charm and Myrrh, since they got their replies out so quickly. I may try to post updates on Saturdays more often if the replies come this quickly. LOL
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

My starter, Kitty the Skitty, hands down. Although every single one of my updators (except takkupanda so far) seems to have a thing for making her get stuck in trees. >.>'''
    For bonus points, look for updates where she's hanging from a branch, preferrably upside-down.

RP-wise, Kitty's like a little baby most of the time and loves playing around, so it's easy to build stories and events and stuff around her. She's also great entertainment at the FB Bar over at UPN for some reason. Took quite a bit of posting before anyone got interested in my character while Kitty was instantly surrounded and got popular in seconds. x.x

My new Shinx, Elmira, is a big sister character so that should make for fun times with Kitty as well.

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    My starter, Kitty the Skitty, hands down. Although every single one of my updators (except takkupanda so far) seems to have a thing for making her get stuck in trees. >.>'''
    For bonus points, look for updates where she's hanging from a branch, preferrably upside-down.

RP-wise, Kitty's like a little baby most of the time and loves playing around, so it's easy to build stories and events and stuff around her. She's also great entertainment at the FB Bar over at UPN for some reason. Took quite a bit of posting before anyone got interested in my character while Kitty was instantly surrounded and got popular in seconds. x.x

My new Shinx, Elmira, is a big sister character so that should make for fun times with Kitty as well.
    Except for extroph too, although he gets you in thug messes >.<

Anyways, sorry for the wait guys, I've been really busy packing up and all that. If I'm lucky, I'll finish updates in Monday, but I won't promise anything.

3DS FC: 1805 - 2374 - 9672
    PASBL

How are Astoria's updaters in terms of cap? I was expecting to be updated by uhhhh but didn't make it, and kinda got lost in the shuffle... Is anyone accepting another player still?

I do have other adventures going on, so it's not important at all, but I was asking because I do have an application post that's been sitting there for a while waiting to be picked up eventually. :P

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    Productivity - It's disgustingly hot outside today, so I stayed inside and did two more updates for Charm and Myrrh, since they got their replies out so quickly. I may try to post updates on Saturdays more often if the replies come this quickly. LOL
    Oh cool, thanks . 3

Yeah, I explained the stuff in parenthesis in my newest reply >.<. I should reply as quickly as I can from now on

Favorite Pokémon to RP with?

So far, I'd have to say my Seviper. I love her. I'm itching to actully RP a conversation between her and Sothe, who I'm now starting to picture somewhat like Tyrion Lannister speechwise. That would be a ton of fun. I really do like all my Pokémon, though. I guess I'll like them even more once I get a chance to play with them.

In other news, I just bougth a Galaxy Note, and posting off of it. Feeling like a child at Christmas. <3 And I bougth A Clash of Kings, so updates may slow down a bit. =P

Something's wrong with BMG. I tried posting an update for Kaisap. But.. It says it needs mod approval
    ASB Profile -o- FB Profile
    Credits to Skiyomi for the nice avatar signature

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    Does anybody else always seem to miss the special berry offers...
    I caught it today while checking Fizzy Bubbles at work.
    My breaks are usually 2 1/2 hours apart, so today I just got lucky!

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    How are Astoria's updaters in terms of cap? I was expecting to be updated by uhhhh but didn't make it, and kinda got lost in the shuffle... Is anyone accepting another player still?
    I just got picked up by JolteonJak today, who posted that he capped.
    I'm not sure about the other updaters, though.

Who's your favorite Pokémon to adventure with?
    Well I only have my one 'mon at the moment, but I do have an interesting contradiction between Pluto being so manipulative and intelligent and Alli being a rather naive, confused child. Their trainer/Pokemon relationship is essentially reversed, with Pluto calling the shots, though not directly.

So that's been pretty fun, but things will get more interesting as my team grows and new 'mons have to respond to Alli and Pluto's bizarre hierarchy.

Eh, I have a tentative cap of 8, though InnerFlame isn't replying like she said she would... If she doesn't respond in two weeks, I'll open that spot. (which is too bad, since I have a very epic adventure for her...)

*reads DS's reply*

Just according to keikaku. >:D

Note: keikaku means plan.

Who's your favorite Pokémon to adventure with?

Er, my Poochyena, Max, I guess, since he's the only one I have so far... XP

Who amongst you would be interested in my brand new female Pansage?

Okay, I've got a Blue Shard and a Yellow Shard that I'm willing to trade for candies. Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Okay, I've got a Blue Shard and a Yellow Shard that I'm willing to trade for candies. Any takers?
    Me me me! I can do one or two Candies for each.

How about three candies total for both?

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    How about three candies total for both?
    Sure, I'm fine with that.

Cool beans, I'll start the trade then!

Page 90 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast