Page 94 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

Quote Originally Posted by MarbleZone View Post
    Even if Paraflinch Dunsparce wasn't as awesome as it is, Dunsparce would still be more awesome than any other less-awesome Pokémon. 8D
    Yeah, I think we can all agree Dunsparce is awesome. My team in HeartGold consisted of Weezing, Dunsparce, Victreebel, Typhlosion, Qwilfish, and Togekiss. It was awesome, everyone on the team pulled their weight. Weezing was just awesome in general. One moment that stands out to me is when its SmokeScreen caused one of Lance's Dragonite's Hyper Beam to miss. Dunsparce was, as stated above, awesome. Victreebel is probably the best Grass-type you can use in that game. Typhlosion was, of course, the best. Qwilfish was great, its Toxic Spikes attack was a major part of why I was able to beat Clair. And Togekiss, once fully evolved, became pretty much the team powerhouse. I will never forget my battle against Bugsy, though. It was down to Scyther vs. Togepi. My best bet was Metronome, so of course, I was all set to SR and try again. I select Metronome, and what move do you think Togepi pulls off? Sacred Fire! And powered by Hustle, no less! Needless to say, Scyther was toast and the Hive Badge was mine.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

LOL Grass types in HGSS. Victreebel is definitely the best, but he's the best of a bad bunch to be brutally honest... Grass can't get a single good gym matchup before the Elite 4 and Team Rocket's endless stream of Poison types mean that Grass gets the shaft in Johto...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Oh, you've no idea. I probably have five Grass-types in my PC for HG, none of them are in my rotation, and I'm not even planning on using them in the E4. It'll probably bite me once I get to Brock's and Misty's gyms, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Missingno. Master View Post
    Yeah, I think we can all agree Dunsparce is awesome. My team in HeartGold consisted of Weezing, Dunsparce, Victreebel, Typhlosion, Qwilfish, and Togekiss. It was awesome, everyone on the team pulled their weight. Weezing was just awesome in general. One moment that stands out to me is when its SmokeScreen caused one of Lance's Dragonite's Hyper Beam to miss. Dunsparce was, as stated above, awesome. Victreebel is probably the best Grass-type you can use in that game. Typhlosion was, of course, the best. Qwilfish was great, its Toxic Spikes attack was a major part of why I was able to beat Clair. And Togekiss, once fully evolved, became pretty much the team powerhouse. I will never forget my battle against Bugsy, though. It was down to Scyther vs. Togepi. My best bet was Metronome, so of course, I was all set to SR and try again. I select Metronome, and what move do you think Togepi pulls off? Sacred Fire! And powered by Hustle, no less! Needless to say, Scyther was toast and the Hive Badge was mine.
    I have to admit I have never used Dunsparce in battle. Ever. At all. I catch it, stick it in the PC and I'm done with it. And for the record, when I have to pick one starter Pokémon, in Silver/SS I go for Chikorita every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    LOL Grass types in HGSS. Victreebel is definitely the best, but he's the best of a bad bunch to be brutally honest... Grass can't get a single good gym matchup before the Elite 4 and Team Rocket's endless stream of Poison types mean that Grass gets the shaft in Johto...
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Oh, you've no idea. I probably have five Grass-types in my PC for HG, none of them are in my rotation, and I'm not even planning on using them in the E4. It'll probably bite me once I get to Brock's and Misty's gyms, though.
    Where does the dislike of Grass Pokémon come from? 8< I love them, always have, always will!

Just managed to catch an Ekans, which I've been chasing for Arceus knows how long...and I bet since I like it someone's going to pop up and tell me how much it sucks. u.u
    Also Mareep. I kind of want a Mareep-cushion now, she's the cutest Electric-type!

Quote Originally Posted by kaisap112 View Post
    Where does the dislike of Grass Pokémon come from? 8< I love them, always have, always will!

Just managed to catch an Ekans, which I've been chasing for Arceus knows how long...and I bet since I like it someone's going to pop up and tell me how much it sucks. u.u
    Also Mareep. I kind of want a Mareep-cushion now, she's the cutest Electric-type!
    The Grass typing has too many weaknesses and not many advantages and can be replaced easily by other better types. Also, most Grass type Pokemon are not at all versatile and hence the hate. But I love many Grass type Pokemon and hence I already have 2 here at FB, because here the stats and strengths and weaknesses don't nearly matter as much as feelings towards the Pokemon do.

Also, I don't like Ekans (poor design, fat snake, stupid looking head), but Arbok is surely one of my Favourites.
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

Fizzy Bubbles

Cable Club Trading List

Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    The Grass typing has too many weaknesses and not many advantages and can be replaced easily by other better types. Also, most Grass type Pokemon are not at all versatile and hence the hate. But I love many Grass type Pokemon and hence I already have 2 here at FB, because here the stats and strengths and weaknesses don't nearly matter as much as feelings towards the Pokemon do.

Also, I don't like Ekans (poor design, fat snake, stupid looking head), but Arbok is surely one of my Favourites.
    That only took...three minutes? >.< Still, I do recognize that the Pokémon I like tend to suck in battles and never ever show up in competetive battling. Good thing I can express my love in FB at least!

Wow. I missed out on a lot in SPPf. Take a couple days off... Grats on the new shiny Magnemite, whoever owns it. I never knew the TM's were available for trade either. Heracross (or Cyndaquil's evolutions) would have liked ThunderPunch.

Mon1010 - no worries. Just checking in, so I know who is active and what not.
    MarbleZone - You'll be updated by Uhhhhh if you haven't been updated already (still catching up on the "new" posts).

Dunsparce - I need to try one of those. Nice endorsements.

Vacations - if any UPN'ers are still in need of people to grab stuff for them while on vacations send me a PM with your instructions.

Anything else? I'll be sure to potentially double-post when I catch up.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Don't get me wrong, half of the Pokemon I like are Grass-types, and I love all the Grass starters. (I must get ALL the Grass Starters!1!!!1!) They're just... not as useful in the games, especially in Johto. Kinda sad, really.

And I'm at least going to pop up and say I like Ekans/Arbok, and it's awesome I have one in XD that's pretty high level. Still need to transfer it to my 4th/5th gen games. Also, it'd be cool for Amethyst to have a younger "brother" or "sister" snake of her own, which is why I'll be interested in other people's hatched Ekans should they be up for trade.

And Mareep are cool too! I just wish they had a better movepool to work with though...

I love my Jumpluff in HG. Speed + SLEEP POWDER makes her great for catching Pokémon. Adding U-TURN makes her a super scout as well. \o/

Too bad Jumpluff doesn't learn SPORE though. Although I guess that would be too broken. ^^;

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

One of my all-time favourites happens to be a Grass-Type, Bulbasaur.

Also, with my irrational love for mushrooms, I tend to always train a Parasect, Breloom and/or Amoonguss in every game - incidentally, all three learn Spore, which is a huge plus.

Oooh, a shiny Magnemite huh? Whoever has it now, congrats!

Also MarbleZone, just like what Jolt said, I'll be taking you in Astoria. =D

Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Oooh, a shiny Magnemite huh? Whoever has it now, congrats!

Also MarbleZone, just like what Jolt said, I'll be taking you in Astoria. =D
    Really?! Nice! I assumed you were capped as well; like I said before, I don't want to impose as I already have some adventures going on. If any of the newer members don't, I'm okay with waiting a bit longer.
    Otherwise, thanks a bunch uhhhh!

Grass is one of my favorite overall types, right next to Water and Ice. Chikorita is also my favorite Pokémon after Corsola. <3

There are a lot of nice Grass-types in Gen 5 too, I'm thinking I may have to double-dip once I play White. ^^;

~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne

Ekans and Arbok are flat-out awesome, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.

I HAVE CLAIMED WEEZING. YOU ARE NOT WORTHY.
    The Hoenn of Hoenness- Chapter 5 up now!
    404 Error 2: File Not Found- Chapter 12 up now!
    Author profile

Banner done by me. I do not do requests. The Shinies are not up for trade.

Fizzy Bubbles info

I keep staring at the Adoption Center's list of available Pokémon and just want to take all the Grass-types with me. x.x But I still need that PC open before I can do that...

Wait for me, Deerling, Cacnea, Bellsprout!

Also, got my copy of SoulSilver now, can't wait to progress!
    I may have nabbed that Deerling when you weren't looking.

Sorry, Kaisap. Q_Q
    Last edited by allishinca; 4th July 2012 at 5:32 AM.

Seems like I'm one of the few here who actually don't like most Grass-Type Pokémon XD The only Grass-Types I really like are Snivy and its evolutions, so yeah. Don't kill me, I'm too young to die :<

Hey, as long as you do like the Snivy line, you're fine. They are my second favorite Grass starter and one of my top favorite Unova Pokemon.

Now don't get me wrong. I do like the Grass type. Monjonbo Tangrowth, Meganium, Jumpluff and company are pretty cool, it's just the Johto region is not a kind place to be a Grass type. Forget it kaisap... It's Johto...town...
    Originally Posted by scytherdude30
    no no no you need an empoleon as your powerhouse da listen to me man I AM THE BOMB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zincspider View Post
    Yes, someone is getting 'killed'... HOORAY FOR CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT!....
    Fizzy Bubbles Profile.
    Fizzy Bubbles PC.
    My Soundcloud.

Quote Originally Posted by allishinca View Post
    I may have nabbed that Deerling when you weren't looking.

Sorry, Kaisap. Q_Q
    8<

Well...you better be giving her a good home! Then I'll be okay with it! *goes cry in corner*

Quote Originally Posted by Son_of_Shadows View Post
    Now don't get me wrong. I do like the Grass type. Monjonbo Tangrowth, Meganium, Jumpluff and company are pretty cool, it's just the Johto region is not a kind place to be a Grass type. Forget it kaisap... It's Johto...town...
    I'll try and get over it...

I posted this over at UPN, but just wanted to mention it here too, if anyone needs babysitting, I have a few open PC slots...just let me know and I'd be glad to help you out. Also, if anyone is interested, the following gummis are available for trade:

3 Yellow Gummis
    3 Pink Gummis
    4 Red Gummis
    1 White Gummi
    1 Silver Gummi
    4 Purple Gummi
    3 Black Gummis
    3 Sky Gummis
    1 Orange Gummi

fb | trades | pc
    *team pose by Luxraymaster

Quote Originally Posted by -Hayward- View Post
    3 Yellow Gummis
    3 Pink Gummis
    4 Purple Gummi
    3 Black Gummis
    Too bad you don't have Gold Gummis, but I'm interested in the ones I quoted. Thing is, I'm saving up my candies so I can unlock my PC, so is there anything else you might be interested in?

Sweeeeeeeeet, got my very first level up, so happy! ♪

But darn it, bought a potion for nothing, now that a wild Skyla appeared and healed my Poochyena... I shouldn't complain though: leveling up, being saved by a Gym Leader then having a potion save up perhaps for later, all in one shot, hehe.

And I spent all of last night making a close-up sprite for Okiku (after doing an actual full-body but small trainer sprite), and I'm very proud of how it ended up looking So well, I thought of accepting and doing requests for other people's own trainer sprites, until I realized I wouldn't have the time to do that if too many peeps ask x_x
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 4th July 2012 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Searchman View Post
    Too bad you don't have Gold Gummis, but I'm interested in the ones I quoted. Thing is, I'm saving up my candies so I can unlock my PC, so is there anything else you might be interested in?
    Do you have a custom FB steel ball?

Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Sweeeeeeeeet, got my very first level up, so happy! ♪

But darn it, bought a potion for nothing, now that a wild Skyla appeared and healed my Poochyena... I shouldn't complain though: leveling up, being saved by a Gym Leader then having a potion save up perhaps for later, all in one shot, hehe.

And I spent all of last night making a close-up sprite for Okiku (after doing an actual full-body but small trainer sprite), and I'm very proud of how it ended up looking So well, I thought of accepting and doing requests for other people's own trainer sprites, until I realized I wouldn't have the time to do that if too many peeps ask x_x
    Allow me to be the first to say, I'm impressed Okiku!!! What a sprite! ^_^ I think it's brilliant!!

fb | trades | pc
    *team pose by Luxraymaster

Trainers sprites huh... I've been meaning to get one, but I suck at making 'em. ;~;

Quote Originally Posted by -Hayward- View Post
    Do you have a custom FB steel ball?
    Unfortunately, no. I've got Berries, if you're interested in them.

Page 94 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4484909192939495969798104144 ... LastLast