Page 95 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 4713

Thread: SPPF Time Out Chat 2: Electric Bugaloo

  1. #2351
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Hayward- View Post
    Allow me to be the first to say, I'm impressed Okiku!!! What a sprite! ^_^ I think it's brilliant!!
    Well thank you very much! I guess the photoshop skills I got from college years ago was finally worth it? :P XD Joking aside, I'm thinking of adding in a VS. Trainer sprite (close-up when battling a gym leader/important character) next... except it's a bit harder since it's a side pose compared to a front pose with the other sprites x_x Meh, week-end challenge accepted! ...Or I could do the overworld sprite, more simple X)

    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhhh View Post
    Trainers sprites huh... I've been meaning to get one, but I suck at making 'em. ;~;
    Well the trick is to put bits and pieces of other trainers and change the colors/position/size to make a brand-new one. Go ahead and have fun guessing the parts I used for my sprites XP
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 5th July 2012 at 12:31 PM.

  2. #2352
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Well thank you very much! I guess the photoshop skills I got from college years ago was finally worth it? :P XD Joking aside, I'm thinking of adding in a VS. Trainer sprite (close-up when battling a gym leader/important character) next... except it's a bit harder since it's a side pose compared to a front pose with the other sprites x_x Meh, week-end challenge accepted! ...Or I could do the overworld sprite, more simple X)


    Well the trick is to put bits and pieces of other trainers and change the colors/position/size to make a brand-new one. Go ahead and have fun guessing the parts I used for my sprites XP
    I made a sprite of my own (stuck it on my FB-profile and as my avatar over at UPN), although I did sink a good four hours into it. OCD took over and I had to get it "just right". x.x
    Same happens to me with wallpapers and such as well.

    In today's program: IKEA and Pokéathlons.

  3. #2353
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    319

    Default

    Sorry guys, I just came back from Spain 2 days back and I'm gonna leave for Italy tomorrow. Plus I'm skipping work, means that I need to work more on other days and hence I have even less time here. I've really had no time to look at Talas in these three days. So hopefully I'll get my next update next week, some time after Tuesday. Sorry again to have kept you waiting.
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

    Fizzy Bubbles


    Cable Club Trading List

  4. #2354
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ecruteak City
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by takkupanda View Post
    Sorry guys, I just came back from Spain 2 days back and I'm gonna leave for Italy tomorrow. Plus I'm skipping work, means that I need to work more on other days and hence I have even less time here. I've really had no time to look at Talas in these three days. So hopefully I'll get my next update next week, some time after Tuesday. Sorry again to have kept you waiting.
    Oh, it's fine. I understand completely. Have fun in Italy!!! ^^

    As for spriting...

    I'm terrible at it. I can do recolors, fusions, and banners, but that's about it. :P

    I love that sprite you made, Okiku!

  5. #2355
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Pune, India
    Posts
    319

    Default

    >Thrain also makes his first zone capture...
    *sigh*
    PASBL
    TL2, 10W-3L-0T, 27 KO, 64 TP, 31.25 SP, B- Grade Ref

    Fizzy Bubbles


    Cable Club Trading List

  6. #2356
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Where no one can find me...
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    And I spent all of last night making a close-up sprite for Okiku (after doing an actual full-body but small trainer sprite), and I'm very proud of how it ended up looking So well, I thought of accepting and doing requests for other people's own trainer sprites, until I realized I wouldn't have the time to do that if too many peeps ask x_x
    Omigawd Zelda T-shirt. *hi-fives* My character wears a Triforce pendant too, though it's hidden in her hoodie most of the time. I had one in real life that I wore every day, but I lost it last year. ;;

    That pixel art's really good. Did you make it all from scratch?


    ~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne



  7. #2357
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Your sprite looks great Okiku!
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  8. #2358
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    Yeah that sprite is awesome I'm jealous. Just wondering are those things around the triforce supposed to be a skyloft? That's what my friend told me.

  9. #2359
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Whoa whoa whoa, didn't expect to get that much of a response about my sprites! Makes me regret a bit of saying I won't make requests X) ...Maybe I'll do that later, when I have time! Thanks everyone!

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    Omigawd Zelda T-shirt. *hi-fives* My character wears a Triforce pendant too, though it's hidden in her hoodie most of the time. I had one in real life that I wore every day, but I lost it last year. ;;

    That pixel art's really good. Did you make it all from scratch?
    Hey hey! *high fives back!* The t-shirt I've put there is actually inspired to one I actually have, gritty golden style and all. I still have it and wear it, but unfortunately it's starting to get holes under the arms... :S
    May be a bit of a disappointment (although I kinda mentioned it before, I guess not clear enough ^^; ), I don't make them from scratch. I actually mix-n-match bits and pieces of actual Pokémon Trainer sprites from the games then tweak 'em a lot (positioning, resizing, recoloring, adding stuff not from the sprites...) to make it all fit and look how I want them to look like, and end up looking like a brand-new sprite X) Go ahead and have fun trying to guess which trainers I used to make my sprites :P


    Quote Originally Posted by TutorX View Post
    Just wondering are those things around the triforce supposed to be a skyloft? That's what my friend told me.
    He's kinda right, but not quite. Skyloft is the name of the main floating island(s) in Skyward Sword, while the huge birds are called Loftwings. The symbol of Hyrule is spread around the islands, but all of them does not have Triforce (only those on the "surface" have it). Since life of Skyloft have a lot to do with those birds and they're in high esteem (everyone has one, receiving them similar to fairies for the kokiris), so it is fairly logical the bird in the hyrule symbol is a Loftwing bird. </geekyness>
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 6th July 2012 at 2:08 AM.

  10. #2360
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Updates have been posted! Any questions, feel free to PM/VM me.

  11. #2361
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Where no one can find me...
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Hey hey! *high fives back!* The t-shirt I've put there is actually inspired to one I actually have, gritty golden style and all. I still have it and wear it, but unfortunately it's starting to get holes under the arms... :S
    May be a bit of a disappointment (although I kinda mentioned it before, I guess not clear enough ^^; ), I don't make them from scratch. I actually mix-n-match bits and pieces of actual Pokémon Trainer sprites from the games then tweak 'em a lot (positioning, resizing, recoloring, adding stuff not from the sprites...) to make it all fit and look how I want them to look like, and end up looking like a brand-new sprite X) Go ahead and have fun trying to guess which trainers I used to make my sprites :P
    I wish I had a Zelda T-shirt. =< Although I think my brother got me one from Comic-Con one year. I'm visiting him in San Diego now (and we'll also be attending the conention), so hopefully he gives it to me soon. \o/

    Oh, I could tell the trainer sprite wasn't from scratch. I was asking about the profile pixel art.


    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    He's kinda right, but not quite. Skyloft is the name of the main floating island(s) in Skyward Sword, while the huge birds are called Loftwings. The symbol of Hyrule is spread around the islands, but all of them does not have Triforce (only those on the "surface" have it). Since life of Skyloft have a lot to do with those birds and they're in high esteem (everyone has one, receiving them similar to fairies for the kokiris), so it is fairly logical the bird in the hyrule symbol is a Loftwing bird. </geekyness>
    Eek, spoilers! *hasn't played SS yet* I can't hear you, lalala~


    ~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne



  12. #2362
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    121 Grove Street, Belmont, MA
    Posts
    200

    Default

    I've seen a Surskit and a Spinarak in other people's updates. Why do they get the cool Pokemon?

  13. #2363
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TutorX View Post
    I've seen a Surskit and a Spinarak in other people's updates. Why do they get the cool Pokemon?
    Man, why did I have to run into a Surskit on my adventure?

    Just kidding. I like Surskt enough and am okay with whatever I run into . 3 But now the RNG gods will never let you run into Spinarak and Surskit of your own.....



  14. #2364
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    I wish I had a Zelda T-shirt. =< Although I think my brother got me one from Comic-Con one year. I'm visiting him in San Diego now (and we'll also be attending the conention), so hopefully he gives it to me soon. \o/
    I got mine (the one my sprite have) from Think Geek. Love the stuff that's there But I got another one from the Zelda concert tour that went around recently.

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    Oh, I could tell the trainer sprite wasn't from scratch. I was asking about the profile pixel art.
    Same strategy for the profile pixel art, just with the close-ups instead of the sprites

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    Eek, spoilers! *hasn't played SS yet* I can't hear you, lalala~
    XD *has finished SS* Don't worry, what I've said are not spoilers at all
    Last edited by OkikuMew; 6th July 2012 at 4:54 AM.

  15. #2365
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Where no one can find me...
    Posts
    2,313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    I got mine (the one my sprite have) from Think Geek. Love the stuff that's there But I got another one from the Zelda concert tour that went around recently.
    My friend who also loves Zelda has a shirt just like that too I think, among many other Zelda-themed shirts. =3=

    Ooh, you went to a Zelda concert? =O That's so awesome. *is jealous*

    At least I've got a Link plushie. *hugs* And a pony. >>;


    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    Same strategy for the profile pixel art, just with the close-ups instead of the sprites
    I see. =. Still, that's pretty nifty spriting. ^^ I made the sprite of myself in my FB Profile too, a well as the Chao in my sig. =3

    I also did attempt to make scratch sprites of my team at one point. XD



    Quote Originally Posted by OkikuMew View Post
    XD *has finished SS* Don't worry, what I've said are not spoilers at all
    Even so, I like to avoid any information about Zelda games until I play them. I did the same thing for Twilight Princess since I didn't have a GC until a few years ago. In fact I only OoT and how completely awesome it was recently. ^^; Did play Link's Awakening and Minish Cap before it though.


    ~*~
    epona, epona, soba ni oide,
    futari de ireba, kanashiku nanka nai
    dakara, epona, koko ni ite
    watashi no uta wo kiiteite ne



  16. #2366
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,356

    Default

    Ugh...where did this last hour go? I wanted to spend it playing Pokemon Conquest before bed. Time flies when I write (and do a little research) apparently.

  17. #2367
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TutorX View Post
    I've seen a Surskit and a Spinarak in other people's updates. Why do they get the cool Pokemon?
    Lol if I catch the Surskit in Astoria, would you like it? :P

  18. #2368
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Pyroland.
    Posts
    132

    Default

    Lol, I'm the one with the Spinarak x3 It's also trying to kill all my Pokemon. With the lemons poison :O

    PS I've got a Twilight Princess shirt

  19. #2369
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Quebec province, Canada
    Posts
    908

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    My friend who also loves Zelda has a shirt just like that too I think, among many other Zelda-themed shirts. =3=

    Ooh, you went to a Zelda concert? =O That's so awesome. *is jealous*

    At least I've got a Link plushie. *hugs* And a pony. >>;
    Hahaha, and I got neither of them :P ^^


    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    I see. =. Still, that's pretty nifty spriting. ^^ I made the sprite of myself in my FB Profile too, a well as the Chao in my sig. =3

    I also did attempt to make scratch sprites of my team at one point. XD

    Thanks! Your own sprites are pretty good yourself I may be good with combining/modifying sprites to make new ones, but I don't believe I got the same knack with making some from scratch ^^;

    Quote Originally Posted by lilbluecorsola View Post
    Even so, I like to avoid any information about Zelda games until I play them. I did the same thing for Twilight Princess since I didn't have a GC until a few years ago. In fact I only OoT and how completely awesome it was recently. ^^; Did play Link's Awakening and Minish Cap before it though.
    Ah, so you're that kind of player? Sorry for giving out that info then I've played all of them for the exception of Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and those really bad ones that weren't made by Nintendo (actual name of 'em slipping off my mind), and never got to complete the first and second one as they're to darn tough x_x

    Quote Originally Posted by Megh View Post
    Lol, I'm the one with the Spinarak x3 It's also trying to kill all my Pokemon. With the lemons poison :O

    PS I've got a Twilight Princess shirt
    Congrats on your catch! And thanks to remind me that I also have a Twilight Princess shirt :P XD

  20. #2370
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Pokemon World
    Posts
    261

    Default

    Hooray! It looks like I'm ahead of schedule by about 2 months. By the time I put in my Ralts in the Daycare next week, he would be level 37, assuming no one else wants to trade. So I'm here to make my list once again in hopes that it gets accelerated further.

    Trade Offer
    I'm offering all of my berries for candies. Name your price. I also am offering a Chocolate Ball, Mightyena Plushie (Used), and two Pokeblocks. These Pokeblocks are: +20 Bland (So any nature) to any contest stat. And that +40 Cuteness Chocolate Pokeblock that will expire if not traded for by Sunday. 1 Pokeblock = 1 Rare Candy. The remaining TCG Cards I have left is still in my inventory. (Link in my sig) *crosses fingers*
    ASB Profile -o- FB Profile
    Credits to Skiyomi for the nice avatar signature

  21. #2371
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pengyzu View Post
    Hooray! It looks like I'm ahead of schedule by about 2 months. By the time I put in my Ralts in the Daycare next week, he would be level 37, assuming no one else wants to trade. So I'm here to make my list once again in hopes that it gets accelerated further.

    Trade Offer
    I'm offering all of my berries for candies. Name your price. I also am offering a Chocolate Ball, Mightyena Plushie (Used), and two Pokeblocks. These Pokeblocks are: +20 Bland (So any nature) to any contest stat. And that +40 Cuteness Chocolate Pokeblock that will expire if not traded for by Sunday. 1 Pokeblock = 1 Rare Candy. The remaining TCG Cards I have left is still in my inventory. (Link in my sig) *crosses fingers*
    I'll take the pokeblocks!

  22. #2372
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    537

    Default

    Another hour till I can start hatching my egg... *chews through fingernails* It's like a Christmas Eve to a five-year-old!

    Also, just ran into Raikou in SS. While surfing. It never gets any less weird.
    Last edited by kaisap112; 6th July 2012 at 11:55 PM.

  23. #2373
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    L.A. County, California
    Posts
    1,165

    Default

    There are probably like little rock islands and stuff that float in the water. or like shallow areas.



  24. #2374
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    That one little dot on the map
    Posts
    1,069

    Default

    Raikou's a Legendary Pokemon. It's got hax powers that allow it to walk on water just like Suicune does.

  25. #2375
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    361

    Default

    One hour and fifty minutes remain until the train leaves the Main Station.
    *typing a proper response to PI adventure* Why do I now feel like on an episode of 24? xD

Page 95 of 189 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105145 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •