Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

For those of you who don't know your fossil pokémon yet, that was Cradily, not Lileep.

Overall this was a great Gym Battle. Surprisly Chimchar's battle with Bronzor was entertaining. I didn't realize Chimchar was capable of standing still in mid-air! Also, did Bronzor use Rain Dance? I'm confused on how it only rained for like a minute, and how could steam alone cause it (unless I'm even worse at how weather works then I thought)?

Steelix sounds like it ate a child and its Screech is the child begging for help, not kidding. Gliscor's battle was funny and great all at the same time. A little over use of Fire Fang, but not expected. I'm glad Gliscor was star of it's first gym battle. Ash just got his last badge six episodes ago, this makes six, and in less then 10 episodes we will be on the snow routes, so now things are speeding up slightly.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    What did Metal Burst look like in this episode?
    I believe it looked lie Ancientpower, just pure white though.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivirus View Post
    Watching the episode, I'm wondering how Roark reacted when he saw that Chimchar was in Ash's command...
    Well, Ash did mention Paul, but my Japanese is limited so I don't know much either.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Good battle. The only one I haven't liked this saga was Wake's, and while I didn't like Ash's victory match against Roark, both the losing battle and Paul's fight more than made up for it. Byron needs a future appearance, however. Along with Wake, they both have some untapped wackiness.
    Is it me, or are they leeping the wackiest gym leaders down to a minimum! I mean, Roark is fairly generic decent gym leader and got 6 eps, but Wake and Byron seem completely insane and only have 2 each!

I suppose you could say Gardenia has her wacky moments, and she got all 4, but still, id like to see more Byron and Wake.

OMG!...LOOK!

I think i'm in love with Iwane..
    OR Playthrough - Route 118

This won't change often.. I play through the games slowly..

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    OMG!...LOOK!

I think i'm in love with Iwane..
    You and me both. ;P

I really liked this epsidoe, it's probably my favorite gym battle as of right now for the sinnoh league. Im confused as well how Bronzor created the steam cloud? w/e.

I thought it was pretty ironic that even though buizel had the type advantage, it got knocked out in under 30 seconds.

and I really liked Gliscors vampire like Fire fang attack, at first I was dissapointed about how it looked but when it comes into contact with something then it exploads... that was pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    - Roark is completely oblivious to Salsa now being in loving company.
    I see what you did there! And it is surprisingly fitting...Salsa and Hiko have a lot in common...being tortured by a mean, heartless prick in the past and fighting alongside some happy grinning kid in its pre-teens now....Nozomi makes an awfully unsexy Kumatora as well...mh...

I guess my next Hikozaru will be nicknamed Salsa...

Anyway, great episode. Finally Gliscor gets its first big victory against the powerhouse of the gymleader...You make daddy proud,Skorgro...you really do... *wipes tears away*

Everything else has been said so many times by the local suspects that I won´t spend my time saying it again.

Oh, one thing. I really liked that Hiko, Buoysel and the mirror-guy fainted without the funny-eyes. should be done more ofter if you ask me.

I really hope Frankey Tougan makes a reappearance later on...
    4 Generations - 8 Teams - 48 Pokémon - 1 Trainer

Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    IOh, one thing. I really liked that Hiko, Buoysel and the mirror-guy fainted without the funny-eyes. should be done more ofter if you ask me.
    Yeah, the last time that happened was waaaaaay back in the Kanto Grand Festival. It was a nice change.

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    For those of you who don't know your fossil pokémon yet, that was Cradily, not Lileep.
    It's not like either have done anything of remote importance in this series, so I'm not gonna blame anyone for forgetting.
    Quote Originally Posted by mystkmastkal View Post
    and I really liked Gliscors vampire like Fire fang attack, at first I was dissapointed about how it looked but when it comes into contact with something then it exploads... that was pretty cool.
    Yeah, an attack in Pocket Monsters isn't officially cool until it EXPLODES. Hence why I have such respect for Take Down now.
    Quote Originally Posted by TeddiUrsa View Post
    Nozomi makes an awfully unsexy Kumatora as well...mh...
    Well, she is a tomboy who has demonic psychic abilities, after all.

...Crap, now I have images of Takeshi performing "Takeshi's Paradise" to open mysterious doors, Ash's immortality being due to him carrying around Harley's memento, and of course, all those crazy fan sprite fusions like Reconstructed Luxray, Muku.DONPHAN, and Parental Kangarpedo.
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

When Ash sent Gliscor out, did I hear Dawn comment about Staravia? I thought I did.

This was easily my favorite gym battle in Sinnoh, and maybe even ever.

I felt awful for Buizel though. Too bad the writers didn't have Ash use Noctowl's strategy on Steelix (from its capture episode...heat up metal then rapidly cool it). That would have been something. But boy did Buizel get punished pretty badly!

Chimchar rocked against Bronzor. I'm glad it's getting more wins. I have to say though I felt its battle with Steelix was a bit too long. I kinda wished there was more time for Gliscor. Oh well. That was probably my only complaint.

Gliscor, oh Gliscor. My how you've matured from a fearful little Gligar. You freaking kicked ***! Screech could have been used, but I really don't think it would have made any difference to be honest. Bastiodon is a wall...almost literally. I don't think a loud scream would have done much but disrupt an attack. And the sand attack at the end was brilliant.

And yah, Byron was a bit psychotic with his shovel.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Man, I was really hoping that Jessie was going to get another contest win since Ash & Co. were busy with the gym!

Oh well, regardless still a very nice looking gym battle.
    Love that Gliscor beat Bastiodon and not Chimchar.

I don't care how many of you guys despise buizel, his dramatic fainting is ALWAYS worth watching, it's like he's doing an impersonation of a noble warriors death or something.

I think this bad *** otter needs to consider a future in Hollywood for his theatrics, did I mention he also breakdances, damn I love buizel.

Impressions:

-Wow, great animation. This is what Pokemon's all about.
    -Hmm, not so flashy attacks this time around. Just a lot of straight-forward attacks.
    -Wow, that Steelix is really freakin' big!
    -Poor Buizel. I don't think I've ever seen a Pokemon get owned that hard, that fast before. I don't know why people hate him; he's adorable. But to get KO'd that fast... it's kinda insulting.
    -Steelix gives Dig the big FU. It was very amusing to watch. I would definitely not like to fight a Steelix IRL.
    -I totally call DEM on Steelix's massive slipup. That was totally not planned. I guess lucky breaks happen. A bit of a mess in the animation, but otherwise, not bad.
    -Bastiodon's defense is awesome. I love the music that plays, too. Bryon's animation is top-tier. He's amazing.
    -Byron's a bit over the top with the explosions o-o; It's like a second-rate action flick.
    -Gliscor gets knocked around a bit, but some good tail action has me saying 'nice!'. Looks like he's getting the hang of battles.
    -But... I don't think Bastiodon really took enough damage for Gliscor to really take it down. So while Ash's victory was legit, I would say it's necessary only for story reasons. It really wasn't deserved; he got outplayed.

chim. owned in this episode he was totally on the ball, he really wonted ot win this for ash didn't he. i thought that chim was down. but he just kept getting up...

oh, before i forget, can someone send me a meassage on why the heck steelix fell before it hit chim. with its tail. i got to know, its been bugging me all day...

i never thought that ash would actually use sand attack he useually just uses attacks, but know he's actually using his head a little bit...

i thought it was weird, how or ware gliscor was biting bastiodon. why was there evplosings from the bite, it just seemed out of place...especially since bastiodon isn't weak agenst fire (he isn't i checked)...

well a very good battle over all and i hope to see more like this later on...

claimed:

Geez I bet anyone who come into the Oreburgh or Canalave gym get shocked at fossil pokémon walking around.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Bliksem View Post
    -I totally call DEM on Steelix's massive slipup. That was totally not planned. I guess lucky breaks happen. A bit of a mess in the animation, but otherwise, not bad.
    I disagree, Ash told Chimchar to use dig again depite Byron being able to counter it.

I don't see the problem of dig being used to weaken the foundation and causing Steelix to fall through.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Somorio View Post
    I don't care how many of you guys despise buizel, his dramatic fainting is ALWAYS worth watching.
    You considered that dramatic? Yeah, standing and falling is very dramatic.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

And i finally watched the episode. The other times i was commenting on reviews.
    -Byron. Crazy shovel dude with massive arms and exploding dirt. I love it.
    -Chimchar. Roark and his good eyes and knowledge. So pokemon have a certain spmething about them selves that you can recognize them. Sweet.
    -Chimchar apparently got the power to fly. Again pretty sweet. This episode was pretty sweet. By that i mean epicly awsome in ways the other gyms werent.
    -So then if your in the air blasting fire around a mirror steel pokemon and it goes all to the ground you can fly. Good explination or what?
    -So wait if you get a bunch of steam from chimmy's fire attack you can make a rain cloud. Interesting. Very interesting.
    -Chimchar really can fly or what!
    -Explosions less of what this gym battle needs.
    -Pikachu is tarzan to boost spirit and byron goes shovel flailing. I wonder if it ever slipped.
    -Aww chimchar and nice big eyes after winning how sweet. LOL the mirror is fainted face first.
    - Chimmy is drunk looking and got a good beating and damn byron just got onto a rock somehow and has more exploding dirt. Where does he get that dirt!

-Team rocket sneaking about trying to steel stuff. Love how they have to stop to talk to us. Not.
    -Uh oh they got the fossils mad. They ate their food.
    -Oh yeah that explosion wasnt heard nor felt. Real smart people they are just mind that its the anti theft brigade just keep battling. Damn leaders and their high wages to build a gym like its nothing.
    -Steelix go GAR GAR GAR and buizel all HAHAHA I PAWN. We will see about that one.
    -Was the cyrus clone who works at the gym explaining that the steelix is roarks old onix?
    -Buizel you silly douche! Steelix is for the true battlers. That was the most fun pawnage i ever seen. I can stand up! Boom i failed.
    -Ohttp://serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?p=9205537#post9205537OOH steelix vs chimmy. Really interesting battle.
    -Chimchar. The ability boosted flying digging fire poo monkey. Yours for free. Be warned though it might come with emotional swcars and uncontrolable attacks.
    -Chimchar dug a trap and then attacked steelix. I like. Now for bastiodon!
    -No wait gloating from team rocket and then they get chased by kabutops the angry housemaid.
    Bastiodon. Scrunched up. Standing on a rock. Epic.
    -Pfft i love chimmy but i loved the way it was taken out like that.
    -Team rocket finds the fossil room and they find a world of pain along with it.
    -Hoenn fossils just rock in another way the other fossil pokemon cant.
    -Gliscor sweet. I love it. But damn that bastiodon has a bit of speed doesnt it. But i love how it sits on the rock waiting for the attacks.
    -Ah thank god the exploding dirt has stopped. But man glisocr is taking a beating.
    -Wow bastiodon is small isnt it! And lol roast rumlp anyone?
    -Its thew bastiodon rodeo.
    -Some more gliscor beating. Damn.
    -Wow lol she does magic.
    -Aha explosions can be caused by fire fang and roast bastiodon. Be careful kids!
    -Glisocr used glomp! It worked.
    -Awww victory speech and such.
    -YAY! Another badge. And in ten episodes. Sppeded a bit much?

Anyway good episode good episode. Poor oak. Anyway i feel they are starting to speed things up.
    Last edited by mitchman_93; 26th December 2008 at 12:44 PM.
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    -Was the cyrus clone who works at the gym explaining that the steelix is roarks old onix?
    I don't think it was "him" that brought up Roark's Onix. I'm pretty sure it was Dawn, and the only reason for that was because Steelix used screech much like Roark's Onix did.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

One Of The BEst Ep's Ever Chimchar is Really Becoming Powerful Now They Only Thing That Is BAd is The Fact There Was No EVOLOUTION     Spoiler:- spoiler:
    Last edited by Kiori; 27th December 2008 at 12:30 AM.

I saw the episode today & it was a good one. Though i found it odd how Steelix's Screech sounded like it was being done by a baby pokemon or a human child. It really felt odd to me because it really didn't match-up we Steelix's original voice. Also i felt bad that Aerodactyl didn't get the chance to appear in the episode (most of the other fossil pokemon appeared except Sinnoh ones Cranidos, Rampardos, Shieldon).

Can't have the ending pose with the pokemon that participated in the gym battle without Pikachu! *cough*gloryhog*cough*

I can see now Buizel was only included to go down quickly. If it was any other Pokemon people would have complained, especially if it were Grotle or Staravia who need battle screentime.

Hmm in a way your right. Wow the writers are starting to listen and make smart choices. Now that im seeing this forums could actually have some influence on them cant they!
    BLAH

Quote Originally Posted by mitchman_93 View Post
    Hmm in a way your right. Wow the writers are starting to listen and make smart choices. Now that im seeing this forums could actually have some influence on them cant they!
    I know, we're such geniuses on this forum! We tell them we want Turtwig to evolve, and they listen! We tell them we want a fight between Cresselia and Darkrai because mindless legend brawls are awesome, and they listen! You know what I'm gonna ask for next? That Ash makes it to the Sinnoh League! I bet you they'll listen!
    Thank you for all the fantastic times, Serebii Forums!

Quote Originally Posted by S.Suikun View Post
    (LILEEP appeared in this? That increases its anime grand total screentime to what now? THREE seconds?)
    Wasnt that a Cradilly
    92 TP 35 KO (TL3)
    13 W, 10 L, 1 D

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast