Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    The Piplup hate is even worse but it's not going to stop.
    Water types are having a bad year, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    After the beatdown Staravia received by by Gardenia's Turtwig, the one Chimchar got on the Veilstone Gym, the crappy job Turtwig did against Wake and Pikachu with Fantina, Buizel truly deserved a dreadful performance too. Finally he got it.

I guess everyone is kinda even with having one embarrassing loss on their wings.
    Well there's still Gliscor, but she's new.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well there's still Gliscor, but she's new.
    Please stop putting disturbing thoughts in my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Please stop putting disturbing thoughts in my head.
    There are other people who assume Gliscor is female. Besides, that shouldn't be TOO disturbing.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

I don't see it as disturbing either. No matter the gender Gliscor is for me one of the best pokemon Ash has ever caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I don't see it as disturbing either. No matter the gender Gliscor is for me one of the best pokemon Ash has ever caught.
    Plus we still have time for her to learn some unique Ground moves, something Donphan hasn't done yet.

^donphan did have earthquake but the writers took it away ever since that filler in hoenn got banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^donphan did have earthquake but the writers took it away ever since that filler in hoenn got banned.
    Technically DOnphan had it as a Phanpy, but you're right about that Hoenn thing. Well, at least there's always Earth Power.

I reallly don't think Earthquake is banned. >.>

K...so when did we decide that Gliscor was female?

Also, what was with the hesitation before the Buizel/Steelix battle?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

I also heard the Staravia comment, and I agree with Pika Hikari's reasoning.
    Don't take this as fact, I don't want rumors to spread because I was guessing. Come to think of it, Brock could have also been talking about Gliscor's weakness to Rock being cancelled out because of its Ground type. Again, I'm not too good at this translation thing.

This was definitely one of the best gym battles ever. I loved the way Ash used his Chimchar to go around Byron's defensive strategies and also the strategy he used with his Gliscor that allowed him to defeat Bastiodon. I would have preferred to see Pikachu instead of Buizel though.

Nah...I think Pikachu getting its rear handed to it twice in a row would have set the stage for it becoming way too overpowered down the line.

I wonder if the writers chose Buizel for some future development...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    K...so when did we decide that Gliscor was female?
    Probably it's because Gliscor acts a lot like Bayleef and Ambipom who are considered female.

I don't see it.

If anything it's more like Corphish, who was definately male. A goofy oaf who's immature and a big baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I don't see it.

If anything it's more like Corphish, who was definately male. A goofy oaf who's immature and a big baby.
    Nowhere near as petty, though.

I agree, Gliscor always came off as male to me, what gliscor does to ash is similar to what grotle did when it was still a turtwig, and pretty much everyone consideres him male right?

So just because it glomps ash and likes to cry, and does that adorable wink thing, doesen't mean it's female, although there isn't really any proof that decides that it isn't female either...so umm, yeah figuring out gliscors gender is pretty pointless...yeah.

This reminds me, why don't the pokemon ever get insulted being called an it? I know I sure would.

Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    ...like Bayleef and Ambipom who are considered female.

They are female, it's confirmed.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    They are female, it's confirmed.
    Well Gliscor shares their habits so people consicer it female.

On topic: Anyone think it's weird that something like Bastiodon seems to be able to balance itself from a rock the way it did here?

Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Honestly, it really wasn't all that dramatic....Pretty plain actually.
    Yeah since when is it plain for a Pokemon to go down in slow motion like Buizel did? I agree with Somorio with the mood of the battle as it was it was pretty dramatic.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

I angrily oppose this argument.
    [center]..."I've regained my fire, I'm fighting my way back to the top..."

I believe Gliscor is just a jolly male one. I disagree with the idea of it being female. (Anyway it was awesome in this episode!)

Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

[14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish

*** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

I don't see Gliscor as female at all. He more than likely looks up to Ash as an older mentor, hence why he's so affectionate towards him.

Anywho, back to the point, I enjoyed this episode. The battle was interesting, and I'm glad both Chimchar and Gliscor got some good battletime, especially the latter. Also, slightly happy Buizel got his *** handed to him.

Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike

Well, another Sinnoh gym battle I enjoyed! Good.
    When will TR learn? If you don't get something the previous episode, don't try it again straight away...
    Love Byron though and his continual shouts of what he loves!

Do the Robot!

Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    When will TR learn? If you don't get something the previous episode, don't try it again straight away...
    The point? They've been trying since Episode 2 now.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast