Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 223

Thread: Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    The Piplup hate is even worse but it's not going to stop.
    Water types are having a bad year, it seems.

  2. #102
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    After the beatdown Staravia received by by Gardenia's Turtwig, the one Chimchar got on the Veilstone Gym, the crappy job Turtwig did against Wake and Pikachu with Fantina, Buizel truly deserved a dreadful performance too. Finally he got it.

    I guess everyone is kinda even with having one embarrassing loss on their wings.
    Well there's still Gliscor, but she's new.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  3. #103
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Go away, why do you care?
    Posts
    7,981

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    Well there's still Gliscor, but she's new.
    Please stop putting disturbing thoughts in my head.

  4. #104
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Electivire Addict View Post
    Please stop putting disturbing thoughts in my head.
    There are other people who assume Gliscor is female. Besides, that shouldn't be TOO disturbing.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  5. #105
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,754

    Default

    I don't see it as disturbing either. No matter the gender Gliscor is for me one of the best pokemon Ash has ever caught.

  6. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dax View Post
    I don't see it as disturbing either. No matter the gender Gliscor is for me one of the best pokemon Ash has ever caught.
    Plus we still have time for her to learn some unique Ground moves, something Donphan hasn't done yet.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  7. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    6,950

    Default

    ^donphan did have earthquake but the writers took it away ever since that filler in hoenn got banned.

  8. #108
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Almighty Zard View Post
    ^donphan did have earthquake but the writers took it away ever since that filler in hoenn got banned.
    Technically DOnphan had it as a Phanpy, but you're right about that Hoenn thing. Well, at least there's always Earth Power.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  9. #109

    Default

    I reallly don't think Earthquake is banned. >.>

  10. #110
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    K...so when did we decide that Gliscor was female?

    Also, what was with the hesitation before the Buizel/Steelix battle?
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  11. #111
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Cape Cod; MA
    Posts
    2,063

    Default

    I also heard the Staravia comment, and I agree with Pika Hikari's reasoning.
    Don't take this as fact, I don't want rumors to spread because I was guessing. Come to think of it, Brock could have also been talking about Gliscor's weakness to Rock being cancelled out because of its Ground type. Again, I'm not too good at this translation thing.

  12. #112
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    This was definitely one of the best gym battles ever. I loved the way Ash used his Chimchar to go around Byron's defensive strategies and also the strategy he used with his Gliscor that allowed him to defeat Bastiodon. I would have preferred to see Pikachu instead of Buizel though.

  13. #113
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Between Noland and Adan <3
    Posts
    4,347

    Default

    Nah...I think Pikachu getting its rear handed to it twice in a row would have set the stage for it becoming way too overpowered down the line.

    I wonder if the writers chose Buizel for some future development...
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team


  14. #114
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jolteonjak View Post
    K...so when did we decide that Gliscor was female?
    Probably it's because Gliscor acts a lot like Bayleef and Ambipom who are considered female.
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  15. #115

    Default

    I don't see it.

    If anything it's more like Corphish, who was definately male. A goofy oaf who's immature and a big baby.

  16. #116
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    No.
    Posts
    2,284

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Korobooshi Kojiro View Post
    I don't see it.

    If anything it's more like Corphish, who was definately male. A goofy oaf who's immature and a big baby.
    Nowhere near as petty, though.

  17. #117
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    with my fellow hell makers
    Posts
    729

    Default

    I agree, Gliscor always came off as male to me, what gliscor does to ash is similar to what grotle did when it was still a turtwig, and pretty much everyone consideres him male right?

    So just because it glomps ash and likes to cry, and does that adorable wink thing, doesen't mean it's female, although there isn't really any proof that decides that it isn't female either...so umm, yeah figuring out gliscors gender is pretty pointless...yeah.

    This reminds me, why don't the pokemon ever get insulted being called an it? I know I sure would.


  18. #118
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by uber gon View Post
    ...like Bayleef and Ambipom who are considered female.

    They are female, it's confirmed.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


  19. #119
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    9,270

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    They are female, it's confirmed.
    Well Gliscor shares their habits so people consicer it female.

    On topic: Anyone think it's weird that something like Bastiodon seems to be able to balance itself from a rock the way it did here?
    "When I am dead and have passed onto the next world, I want you to lower me from these gallows and....KISS MY HAIRY BUTTOCKS!"- Chris Farley Almost Heroes

  20. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    12,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ShinyCharyZard View Post
    Honestly, it really wasn't all that dramatic....Pretty plain actually.
    Yeah since when is it plain for a Pokemon to go down in slow motion like Buizel did? I agree with Somorio with the mood of the battle as it was it was pretty dramatic.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

  21. #121
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Weather Center
    Posts
    48

    Default

    I angrily oppose this argument.
    [center]..."I've regained my fire, I'm fighting my way back to the top..."

  22. #122
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Shamouti Shrine
    Posts
    1,313

    Default

    I believe Gliscor is just a jolly male one. I disagree with the idea of it being female. (Anyway it was awesome in this episode!)

    Thanks to Tekirai for the greatest banner ever!

    PM me with any help you need regarding #SPP-WiFi or with getting your signature checked

    [14:32] <metallica> i acted like a foolish


    *** katya (CHEAT@NOW.YOU.CAN.SEE.A.NICE.ICE.KEY.WHICH.YOU.CA N.HAVE.FOR.FREE) has quit IRC (Quit: (3:56:28 pm) <rittre_gilr> oh mah gah!!!! guess what i juss foun out!!!!! |B selebii-fatrazychan dada mallied a MURE!!!! an ugry mure can you berieve dat??? so dats why he got holse teef!!!! CHING CHING CONG BALONG)

  23. #123
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    2,258

    Default

    I don't see Gliscor as female at all. He more than likely looks up to Ash as an older mentor, hence why he's so affectionate towards him.

    Anywho, back to the point, I enjoyed this episode. The battle was interesting, and I'm glad both Chimchar and Gliscor got some good battletime, especially the latter. Also, slightly happy Buizel got his *** handed to him.

    Iota
    "Writing doesn't require drive. It's like saying a chicken has to have drive to lay an egg." ~ John Updike


  24. #124
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    with Taylor Townsend in The OC
    Posts
    760

    Default

    Well, another Sinnoh gym battle I enjoyed! Good.
    When will TR learn? If you don't get something the previous episode, don't try it again straight away...
    Love Byron though and his continual shouts of what he loves!

    Do the Robot!

  25. #125
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Who's Asking?
    Posts
    8,836

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anyone 4 Buttons? View Post
    When will TR learn? If you don't get something the previous episode, don't try it again straight away...
    The point? They've been trying since Episode 2 now.
    Alpha Sapphire


    Omega Ruby


Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •