Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    The point? They've been trying since Episode 2 now.
    Yeah, I know. It was just a nice way for me saying I'm bored of TR now, without invoking discussion.

Do the Robot!

This episode is really good!
    I especially liked that Flame Wheel and Gyro Ball collision at the beginning.

I like how they're using A LOT of Japanese music in the dub of this episode. Regarding that first piece of Japanese BGM that played in the dub after the theme song, was that music by any chance from the Mewtwo movie (but wasn't used in the dub?) I'm just... wondering...
    Reminder from August 09, 2010- Name my future Reshiram "Griffin"...

My Current HeartGold Team:

If you want, look at Yu-Gi-Oh! C,Pokiman, and Naruto C, but they haven't exactly been updated recently...

STILL REJECTING PMs. SORRY. (No offense to anyone.)

This was a cool episode

The battle was good, but didn't like how that guy explained that type advantages doesn't determined who will win the battle since I thought that was part of the game. Team Rocket breaking the 4th wall creeped me out a bit, but running into some ancient, lol, but familiar pokemon and end up getting their butts kicked from them got me entertained. Though Gliscor may have won its first gym battle, I still show no respect for it since it destroyed what made Gligar special, being a stand alone pokemon.

I liked this episode. How can Roark know that Ash's Chimchar was Paul's? All Chimchar's look the same. Also, when Bastiodoen used Metal Burst, I used to think it was Flash Cannon. This is probably the first time someone judged a gym match and was not an official ref. Byron was well...intersting. Shwoing his muscles was a first I guess.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Quote Originally Posted by Dattebayo View Post
    I still show no respect for it since it destroyed what made Gligar special, being a stand alone pokemon.
    Not that you're going to respond, but really since when has Gligar ever been a standalone? Just because it never had an evolution doesn't mean it was a standalone. I mean Gligar was always like Sneasel's counterpart to I always thought Sneasel and Gligar were like Seviper and Zangoose, not because they were rival or anything, it was mostly because they were similar to each other. I mean they were both fairly "blah" looking Pokemon that didn't have an evolution. When I found out Sneasel had an evolution, I was pretty sure that Gligar would have one as well, and well it did.

The battle was good, but didn't like how that guy explained that type advantages doesn't determined who will win the battle since I thought that was part of the game.
    Lol... If you actually played the game to it's fullest you would realize that you can win even at a type disadvantage. The type advantage just makes it easier to beat a Pokemon, it doesn't mean it's a sure thing.
    -------------------------------

I really liked this battle because we actually get to see Gliscor in a decent battle. I want it to do a lot more, but we'll just have to see.

I could buy Buizel losing that easily but at the same time I wish it at least got one hit in before fainting. Nothing against Chimchar in its battles other than they portrayed Bronzor too strong. Yes it can be tough to take down but almost enough to take out Chimchar....no. But Chimchar won so it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I liked this episode. How can Roark know that Ash's Chimchar was Paul's? All Chimchar's look the same. Also, when Bastiodoen used Metal Burst, I used to think it was Flash Cannon. This is probably the first time someone judged a gym match and was not an official ref. Byron was well...intersting. Shwoing his muscles was a first I guess.
    Not really think even in identical twins if one looks hard enough they can see the differences between the two enough to tell them apart. The same goes for Chimchar, Ash's Chimchar might have a longer "something" for example that identifies it as Ash's Chimchar. Just like how Brock can tell the differences between Nurse Joy and Officer Jenny.

And no Bastiodon did use metal burst, Flash cannon is a beam attack, this was clearly a white ball attack, but I guess if you didn't know.
    Last edited by dman_dustin; 30th May 2009 at 4:00 PM.
    Misinterpreting my posts is not your fault, negative repping me, and getting very sensitive about my posts because you misinterpreted my posts however is your fault. Think really hard, before negative repping or making a big deal about my posts. I don't appreciate being negative repped for reasons that are a result of misinterpreting my posts.

Nice episode, loved the battle and Chimchar did great! Shame that Buizel didn't get much action, but at least we finally saw Gliscor in a Gym Battle.

Torp, in the animé people can tell Pokémon apart such as in DP101. Barry recognized Ash's Chimchar as looking like Paul's. Don't know how they do it, but they do!
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    Nice episode, loved the battle and Chimchar did great! Shame that Buizel didn't get much action, but at least we finally saw Gliscor in a Gym Battle.

Torp, in the animé people can tell Pokémon apart such as in DP101. Barry recognized Ash's Chimchar as looking like Paul's. Don't know how they do it, but they do!
    It does seem weird though. I'm actually glad Buizel did not get much screentime. Y'know it would have been good if Chimchar was Ash's final choice and that Gliscor was used to battle Bronzor and Steelix because it needs more screentime and battles than any of Ash's other Pokemon. (Except for really Grotle upon evolving)

White 2:

Not all of the same species of real-world animal look exactly alike, and people who spend a lot of time with them can tell them apart. It only stands to reason that the same would be true of Pokemon.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

The battle was cool. I only saw Buizel vs. Steelix/ Chimchar, and Gliscor vs. Bastidon, but it is recorded. Anyway, Gliscor did exceeding well for a first Gym Battle and it was nice to have it win.

It was a OK episode but it could have been alot better then it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by aykay View Post
    everyone knows bugsy is the cutest girl in the pokemon universe.
    Quote Originally Posted by HookShot View Post
    Hi, Billy Mayes here with the brand-new Rapid Spin! Do you have Rock problems? Not anymore with Rapid Spin! With just the click of button and the spin of a body, the Rocks are gone! Wow look at them fly! Compare this to the leading brand of hazard removal, the Banhammer! While the Banhammer causes serious problems afterward, Rapid Spin stops the problem right at the root, and gives you the satisfaction of ruining your opponent's day! It's even available in many different fashionable styles! Like the Starmie! The Delibird! And even the Hitmonchan! So don't let those Rocks stop you anymore, its time to upgrade to the Rapid Spin! Call 1-800-RPD-SPIN today!

Quote Originally Posted by Tf5174 View Post
    It was a OK episode but it could have been alot better then it was.
    What do you mean it could have been better? How exactly? Can you please elaborate? I personally thought that the gym battle was very excellent.

White 2:

Now we finally get to the fight against Byron himself.

Byron sure does love his explosions in the background, as well as his Pokemon & showing off his muscles.

& now, we go on to see a fight pitting Chimchar against Bronzor, with Heatproof nonetheless, which means all the fire-spamming in the world can't save Ash, especially since Bronzor has Rain Dance. After Chimchar uses Dig, one would think that it would work on that Bronzor, but it seems that with a Flame Wheel & a Gyro Ball colliding against each other, the result is a dead Bronzor.

Steelix against Buizel; although Buizel has all the water in this fight, it's all but useless once Steelix uses the ultimate sound technique:

SCREEEEEEAAAAAMMM!!!

That basically gives Buizel the ultimate cerebral hemmorage, & thus he dies instantly. That means that Chimmy is the only reliable Pokemon out there, & with his constant dodging & digging around, the ground then collapses underneath Steelix's weight, which Ash uses to his utmost advantage to bring down that huge steel snake.

Against Bastiodon, frontal attacks are all but useless, & with Chimmy already weakened, he put him out of his misery with Metal Burst.

& Gliscor finally gets into the War-zone, but trying to just fly to get behind him is just going to allow your opponent to anticipate your moves. The use of Gliscor's wings to dodge attacks sure is creative, & so is the so-called "Death from Above" tactic in which you land on the back of your opponent. & thus, we get a lesson on "Bastiodon Wrangling 101" in which Gliscor keeps a hold on to Bastiodon whilst spamming Fire Fang. Lastly, after finally managing to vault this beast, Gliscor manages to toss sand around him & finishes him off with Fire Fang. That's a wrap.

Another thing is that TR's encounters with all the fossil Pokemon inside the Gym is something I got a kick from. Good stuff.

*leaves*

Ah, Gym battles are always great. I'd say Chimchar did the best out there. He took down Bronzor and Steelix. But in the background, we have Team Rocket. Every time they tried to do things in gyms, the gym Pokemon always stop them. So, now we have the Mine Badge, so lets head to Snowpoint!
    Ask me about Pokeplace Town

Chimchar definitely stood out a lot in this battle. And pretty interesting for Roark to remember Chimchar. That was good. Plus, what a nice flashback about Onix/Steelix's Screech. Guess it runs in the family. :P

But yeah, awesome episode, and glad Byron's got a bit more screentime. Though, he apparently leaves his cluelessness in the last episode. And get's all cocky for this one. What a show off. lol

Cant wait for more episodes this summer, and no school! Yay!

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Soooo glad this episode aired today (my birthday). It's easily my favorite gym battle of Sinnoh and probably my favorite overall.

Don't really care how pitifully Buizel did (as I don't have any problems with it). I'm happy to see (again) how well Gliscor did. I never get tired of its tongue-thing at the end.
    Proposed Alpha Sapphire Team

Chimchar was the star here, but the amount of times he was floating in the air was too numerous to count. The animation wasn't that good, but it was still a great episode.

BTW, Happy Birthday jolteonjak!
    Last edited by TurtwigFan1; 30th May 2009 at 8:34 PM.
    this hope is treacherous, this daydream is dangerous.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I watched it, it was the first Pokemon Episode I have seen in 3 years, actually it was pretty cool!
    Pokemon Platinum FC - 5370-7519-9663
    Pokemon HeartGold FC - 2879-9255-7367
    Pokemon FireRed Pokedex
    150 Caught 150 Seen

I really liked this gym battle. Chimchar did great in this battle and Gliscor Gym debut was cool. I liked how he took down Byron's Bastiodon.

3DS FC : 1547-5393-2663

the episode was good and the battles were awesome, but i dint like 2 things

Iron Defense should have not worked on Flamethrower since is not a Physical attack.

why the hell Pikachu was in the Gym Victory pose wend he was not in the battles.
    Last edited by Linkdarkside; 30th May 2009 at 10:13 PM.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

This episode was a great birthday present! I really liked it...
    Byron and his defense were so funny. All battles were awesome, especially Buizel Vs. Steelix one(it was nice seeing Mr. Strong Weasel being kicked), TR and fossil Pokemon were funny, too. The only thing I am disappointed about is Glisor didn't used Screech...

Wow..originally, I was gonna wait until the end of the episode to watch, but this was too good!

-Lulz..Screech for Steelix=cry...the screech should have been moar roaring-er.
    -Seriously? WTF with the explosions, Byron? The man really has a penchant for dynamite.
    ->___<...really, really lieks.
    -Moar lulz at Bronzor. It turned into a ball...that spins at a high speed..lame. Shoulda shooped the woop at Chimchar.
    -"Buizel? Did you get hit on the head too hard?" 'No..I....*Suffers a heart attack*'..seriously. A plain crash to the floor would have been fine.
    -Lol at Steelix...Chimchar made a 'monkey' out of you!
    -TR comic relief at it's best. 4th Wall=broken. Nice to see some fossil Pokemon in the flesh. When's the last time that happened? (*thinks it was "Attack of the Pre-Historic Pokemon!"*)
    -Gliscor offcially = win. It's first gym battle wasn't off to a amazing start, but it pulled through. Gliscor just one the Epic Pokemon of the week award. It's now my favorite on Ash's team. Such showmanship, such class...it's awesome.

I noticed something cool in this episode. Not only does Byron say "I love Bastiodoen", but I heard him say "I love Steelix!" Pretty intersting and that he did not say that with Bronzor.

White 2:

I thought Byron said that, when he's bringing out Bronzor, but I guess I must've misheard.

Byron was all noticeable this time and so much explosions, shoutouts, and crazy moves. XD

Who couldn't love that?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast