Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Quote Originally Posted by the1stpkmnfan View Post
    I thought Byron said that, when he's bringing out Bronzor, but I guess I must've misheard.

Byron was all noticeable this time and so much explosions, shoutouts, and crazy moves. XD

Who couldn't love that?
    I'm not sure he said "I love Bronzor!" when he threw out Bronzor's Poke Ball. Byron definitely showed a......different side of him than what we expected. It was pretty weird how he showed his muscles though.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Ash's Gliscor just became my favourite Anime character and one of my favourite Pokemon.
    It was a pretty awesome episode, I couldn't believe how badly Buizel got beaten by Steelix, he got absolutely capitulated.
    I wish they would show more than one episode a week though, although that would probably exceed my broadband limit downloading the vids, I still think they should show more.
    Living Pokedex Completion: 718/718 species in box.
    Completed February 5th, 2014.
    Previously known as Mime Senior.
    Currently looking for a legit event
    3DS (XL Yveltal) Friend Code: 0490-5755-7024

Don't get me wrong but reading how much some of you apparently enjoyed this week's plot makes me even more frustrated. The episode was quite a disappointment for me and it didn't live up to my expectations. I was looking forward to an epic battle all week but now my happily anticipated weekend is kinda detroyed. Nooooo!
    If the writers were paid based on performance, they wouldn't deserve payment for this miserable job at all!!
    And no, I'm not whining groundlessly but I'm gonna analyze the flaws in detail so that nobody will be able to reproach me afterwards:

Chimchar vs. Bronzor:
    The only acceptable battle. Solid but, surprise surprise, Chimchar was the one who was still standing at the end.
    -> Way too predictable, thus unrealistic and cheap and it proves that the writers just don't bother about the first two, let me call them "introductory battles" which are seemingly only meant to lead to the big, actual showdown. Damn, gym battles should be the highlights of Ash's journeys which means that every single battle is important not only the final one against the gym leader's characteristic Pokemon

Buizel vs. Steelix:
    To put it mildly, Buizel was a catastrophic failure today.
    I was shocked by its poor performance and I refuse to believe that we were supposed to consider today's Buizel as Ash's real Buizel who already fought so bravely and gloriously against Pokemon like Lucario, for example. Buizel didn't do anything this time (not even one hit) and was a shadow of its former self. Shocking, just shocking...

Chimchar vs. Steelix:
    Ash, being tricked by Steelix's "Irontail-into-the -ground" attack twice(!!) is sort of embarrassing. I expected better from you, particularly after your great and profound strategy against Fantina. Even Ash, my hero, was a bit under the weather today.

Gliscor vs. Bastiodon:
    This battle sure was a front. No, I'm not tempted to say this just because Gliscor was in it as you may possibly think. I'm saying that out of pure objectivism:
    Not long ago, Ash's worst catch ever wasn't even capabale of flying properly. And now, all of a sudden, he can do it on command just because it was necessary for the plot...if that isn't terribly cheap and far-fetched ... (Hello, my dear friend DEM, I missed you so much... ) But, don't worry, the worst is yet to come:
    That Gliscor got hit by four massive attacks ( I counted them precisely), one Flash Canon right in its face at the beginning and three powerful(!)Iron Heads, but of course, it could endure all those attacks with ease (there isn't anything impossible for a DEM, is it?) Considering how easily Steelix was KOed by one single Flamewheel (and no, type advantage isn't an appropriate explanation here, as Steelix is also a ground type), that invincible Gliscor was absolutely absurd and beggared description
    But we're still not through yet:
    The episode reached its low point when my arch-enemy(=Gliscor - for those who should have forgotten it) knocked its opponent off its feet. so far so good. But if you consider that he faced a heavy-weight opponent which resembled a massive block of steel, it'll appear even more ridiculous that an ordinary little tail can cause that terrifying tank to fall... Sorry, but I'm missing the right words to describe how furious I am about this mockery of a battle. It defied all rules of logic and Pokemon physics,it's outrageous!:

Oh man, I've gotta calm down...I've expected an awesome battle featuring my favorite gym leader of Sinnoh so far. Byron was so promising and heroic, but the writers messed it all up.

I'm not gonna make a judgement today, because this would be devastating...
    A sad, disappointed ash_forever is going to bed and hoping for some reasonable explanations...p.l.e.a.s.e
    Last edited by ash_forever; 31st May 2009 at 2:44 AM.
    ASH FOR THE WIN!
    Pokémon veteran since 1999

Words of wisdom from Serebii Chat:
    [01:37] <Brainless> I hate the WORLD.
    [01:37] <Trainer_Trixie> trade your soul on wifi

This episode was great. It was cool to see all the fossil pokemon in one episode. Well, except Aerodactyl. It was cool how Steelix made Chimchar resurface with Iron Tail. It was also cool to see a Metal Burst. Overall, this was one of the most intense gym battles I’ve seen in a long time.
    My First Ever Level 100 Team:
    My Current Level 100 Team: ;635; ;598;
    70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries(also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Actually ash-forever ground don't resist fire so steelix would still be weak to fire.

I liked this episode, although Byron's "I LOVE FOSSILS!" was, how should I put it, odd.

All up I thought this was a good episode although I didn't like how Chimchar has some how gained the ability to levitate and how Meowth broke the fourth wall. But I did like how Buizel got killed by Steelix, that's for taking Pikachu's limelight you worthless weasel.

Has anyone else noticed that Roark's Onix sounded different in the flashback? I know it sounded completely different in the actual episode. In the flashback, it sounded just like Byron's Steelix.

White 2:

^Kind of, but not that much. They did sound different, since they're not the same pokemon. They'd pretty much sound differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    I'm not sure he said "I love Bronzor!" when he threw out Bronzor's Poke Ball. Byron definitely showed a......different side of him than what we expected. It was pretty weird how he showed his muscles though.
    Like I believe, he leaves his sillyness in the last episode, but brings his brutalness in this episode.

Yeah, the times he did that felt cocky for him to do. (I think he did it twice... ugh, why did I count he does so? XP) Im pretty sure he meant to make that happen sooner or later, since he's like the most muscled-up Gym Leader (Besides Wake. But eh, he's ok.) Overall, not suprised but it did feel akward.

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

^Kind of, but not that much. They did sound different, since they're not the same pokemon. They'd pretty much sound differently.

Like I believe, he leaves his sillyness in the last episode, but brings his brutalness in this episode.

Yeah, the times he did that felt cocky for him to do. (I think he did it twice... ugh, why did I count he does so? XP) Im pretty sure he meant to make that happen sooner or later, since he's like the most muscled-up Gym Leader (Besides Wake. But eh, he's ok.) Overall, not suprised but it did feel akward.
    Mostly hat I ams aying is that Onix sounded different when it used Screech in the actual episode. In the flash back it sounded different, almost like Steelix.

White 2:

Onix did sound a bit different between the episodes. I'm pretty sure Byron did say 'I love Bronzor' like he kept saying 'I love Defense!' He sure loves a lot of things, doesn't he?
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    Onix did sound a bit different between the episodes. I'm pretty sure Byron did say 'I love Bronzor' like he kept saying 'I love Defense!' He sure loves a lot of things, doesn't he?
    Yeah he does. I'll just watch the episode again when I get the chance. He said "I love Defense!" when Bastiodoen Metal Bursted Chimchar then he said "I love Bastiodoen!"

White 2:

Byron loves everything, although he never one said 'I love Roark'! Shame, not much fatherly love there now is there?
    nothing lasts forever, but this is getting good now.
    ~I've claimed Turtwig~

I got a feeling that byron loves defense, just call it a hunch. A good battle overall, nice to see Gliscor finally show off its skills.

I'm actually surprised that Gliscor can take some serious hits. It did not even really look that worn out when it beat Bastiodoen! Way to go, Gliscor!!

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    Byron loves everything, although he never one said 'I love Roark'! Shame, not much fatherly love there now is there?
    If he did say that, out loud, we know that it would be kind of sweet. But, would it also feel alittle wierd?

~I just wanna feel that rhythm~
    Twitter @TrainerTrevino

If he did say that, out loud, we know that it would be kind of sweet. But, would it also feel alittle wierd?
    I think it would have felt weird. He probably did not say "I love Roark!" because that is not one of his battling catchphrases.

White 2:

He is the man with the shovel, and it hurts so gooooood.
    That is some pretty evil mole man cackling.

Man, this Paul's Chimchar thing is never going to blow over.

"Oh, sorry, did you just blast me with fire, or did I just feel a cool summer breeze?"

Rain formed from Bronzor's sweat and bodily juices. Yeah, I'd avoid that.

Stop the music. Here is your Rocket moment.

Record Blast Off time?

I feel comfort in knowing Byron draw's confidence from wool underwear.

Tell me my tea's ready and that I didn't just hear your Screech.

Steelix 3-hit ("Triple Brown Betty") combo. Flawless victory.

Team Rocket only does part-time comic relief shifts now.

Ow. There goes Steelix's hip!

You didn't know Bastiodon could get jiggy with it, did you?

Don't look Armaldo in the eyes!

Next on ESPN: Full contact crazy drunken Bastidon charging at you Rugby.

They don't make lassos like Gilscor's tail anymore.
    Did you see that range?

Are those sand attacks ever needed?
    "Now my mouth tastes like your foot!"

Only in Pokemon would shooting dust into the air give your attacks more BANG.

9/10 Excellent lineup, top-notch performances by all, and very believable Ash could win against an overblown shmuck. Byron should put that shovel in his mouth. Bastiodon was the only one to play a defensive strategy, master diggers shouldn't be tripped up by holes, and I generally despise Dan's generic pigman voice(unless, he's actually voicing a pigman). No ribbing on Bastiodon this time, although his flash is utterly unappealing, his movepool was befitting and the flamethrower I gave lashing was replaced with Metal Burst!

Hmmm yeh how can a digging expert get caught out by holes

nd damn Byron loves alot of things, Steelix,Defense,Bastiodon

nd for a pokemon dat barely ever battles gliscor sure can take his hits, funny how he got beat by snover in like 3o seconds :L:L

Credit goes to the very talented Skiyomi for this awesome Banner!!!!

I claimed Palpitoad.....yay???

I just wached it like...1 hour ago!!

This episode was good, but seriously, does all of Ash's pokemon need to do an action hero pose, Gliscor did it against Bastiodon, when Dawn had Buizel, Buizel did it alongside Conway's Heracross in the tag team battle, and Chimchar did it against Fantina whilst saying a badass quote in Chimchar language. So Ash used, badass cannon fodder, badass action hero ninja monkey, and badass cute vampire bat thing from a planet near Mars.

Quote Originally Posted by mimefan View Post
    This episode was good, but seriously, does all of Ash's pokemon need to do an action hero pose, Gliscor did it against Bastiodon, when Dawn had Buizel, Buizel did it alongside Conway's Heracross in the tag team battle, and Chimchar did it against Fantina whilst saying a badass quote in Chimchar language. So Ash used, badass cannon fodder, badass action hero ninja monkey, and badass cute vampire bat thing from a planet near Mars.
    What do you mean by action pose? I'll look over the battle again for when it was Gliscor VS Bastiodoen, even though I don't even know what you are talking about.

White 2:

I liked the episode. Overall it was pretty good.

I'm glad Gliscor got a major win under his belt now.

the only think i did not like was Chimchar defeating Steelix whit 1 hit.(that must have been a critical hit or someting)

remenber Jasmine Steelix took alot of fire attacks til the fire tornado combo cyndaquil did.
    Platinum
    FC: 4082 -5563- 0656

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    the only think i did not like was Chimchar defeating Steelix whit 1 hit.(that must have been a critical hit or someting)

remenber Jasmine Steelix took alot of fire attacks til the fire tornado combo cyndaquil did.
    Well that just goes to show how strong Chimchar is and even though they did not show Blaze getting activated, may be the normal version got activated without us knowing.

White 2:

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post

Maybe Chimchar is stronger than Cyndaquil. Or maybe Jasmine's Steelix is stronger than Byron's

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast