Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Thread: Dealing With Defensive Types! (576)

Did I see well, that Ash took time in thinking of a move, and a strategy, for once? A very interesting battle, but, that Steelix shouldn't have lost. Even if it is SE, a tired Chimchar shouldn't be able to kill the Steelix just like that. Gliscor's debut in Gyms was a tricky one. Luckily for the twerp, it learned Fire Fang just in time. And Byron is really a passionate man.
    Il Gran Velenatore del Poke-mondo.
    The Great Poisoner of the Pokeworld.

Personally, Chimchar should have finished off Steelix with Flamethrower because don't Steelixs have loads of defense? I wish that it was Gliscor taking Chimchar's place and Chimchar taking Gliscor's place. Gliscor needs more than one gym win and the 7th gym did not help it at all.

Ruby: LeafGreen (Nuzlocke):
    Emerald: Diamond:
    Pearl: Platinum:
    SoulSilver: White:
    White 2:
    Wii FC: 8945-6722-1722-6586 | Nintendo Network ID: Master_Zach
    3DS FC: 1289-8257-7574 | Xbox Gamertag: WaTeRChAmP97
    Claimed: Blastoise, Pokémon XY & Calem from Pokémon XY

Personally, Chimchar should have finished off Steelix with Flamethrower because don't Steelixs have loads of defense? I wish that it was Gliscor taking Chimchar's place and Chimchar taking Gliscor's place. Gliscor needs more than one gym win and the 7th gym did not help it at all.

White 2:

This is almost a complete copy and paste of what I said about this when it aired in Japan:

For those of you who don't know your fossil pokémon yet, that was Cradily, not Lileep.

Overall this was a great Gym Battle. Surprisly Chimchar's battle with Bronzor was entertaining. I didn't realize Chimchar was capable of standing still in mid-air.

Steelix sounds like it ate a child and its Screech is the child begging for help, not kidding. Gliscor's battle was funny and great all at the same time. A little over use of Fire Fang, but expected. I'm glad Gliscor was star of it's first gym battle.

"I Love Defense!" "I Love Fossils!" "I Love Bronzor!". Yep, the Sinnoh Gym Leaders are beyond crazy.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by TurtwigFan1 View Post
    I'm pretty sure Byron did say 'I love Bronzor' like he kept saying 'I love Defense!' He sure loves a lot of things, doesn't he?
    He said "I LOOOVE FOSSILS!!!", then "AND I LOOOVE FOSSILS!"

When sending out Bronzor, he said "BRONNZOR! LEZZZ GOOOO!"

Xp...As a matter of fact, you can watch the most recent episodes on Cartoon Network Video on their site. Usually, CN leaves them up for about 2-3 weeks after they air. I think they put them on there on the Sunday after the premiere.

(For those that can't find it, click "Shows" on the top tab, and scroll down until you find the Pokemon heading. It'll bring up all the eps online)

Quote Originally Posted by Torpoleon View Post
    Hopefully Gliscor will shine in Ash's gym battle vs Volkner.

Yep. he never said "I Love Bronzor!". He probably favors Steelix and Bastiodoen over Bronzor. Steelix and Bastiodoen do seem stronger then Bronzor. Bronzor was pretty impressive when it VSed Chimchar so it gets an A for effort.

White 2:

Bleh, he said I love so many times it is hard to keep track.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

This has got to be the best Sinnoh gym battle yet. Gliscor was really good for a rookie.

The outsider of Ash's team.

Quote Originally Posted by TorterraGuy View Post
    This has got to be the best Sinnoh gym battle yet. Gliscor was really good for a rookie.
    Yeah and Buizel did horribly for a veteran. Chimchar did great for a veteran. Pretty ironic how this will be Buizel's last Sinnoh Gym battle unless if Ash VS Volkner is 6 Pokemon. I think it is ironic because it lost in under 3 minutes with out dealing any damage. It lost to Screech, Bind and Iron Tail, in that order.

White 2:

And I love the part where it faints. Love it.
    Alpha Sapphire

Omega Ruby

Quote Originally Posted by HoennMaster View Post
    And I love the part where it faints. Love it.
    Me too. Always after taking a lot of daamge fron an attack and being hurt badly, it stands for a little before fainting. Other times include in the Tag Battle and in the Veilstone Gym battle.

White 2:

It's pretty interesting how Ash's team is developing its style. For Buizel and Chimchar I believe it's already set in stone.

If you notice Buizel's tactics, the guy rarely depends on evading (last I heard of it was against Lucario, but it was a mandatory insert for such a close range battle). With those wee man footers, how could it run/jump out of anything? So Buizel depends on Aqua Jet as if it were a Segway, quite pitiful. If Wake's Floatsel was any indication, this won't change at all and Buizel will elbow block some attacks, spray water at others, and just take a lot of pain. Occasionally it might jet out of big explosions. But once that's out, he's clear for a beating. And because his flippers (e_e) were either covering his ears, or flailing in the air, Buizel couldn't get into position to jet off. Being completely open to a Steelix COMBO just made a bad day to go swimming.

Chimchar did flips around Bind with Steelix as its playground, like three times (??!) Gliscor may have not been a part of that, but even he got to dodge some beams. It's a little breathtaking to absorb just how much they're broadening. The first half of last season, I treated Buizel and Chimchar as the USE ELEMENTAL BEAM, THEN SLAM INTO YOU folks.
    Last edited by Genome; 4th June 2009 at 4:04 PM.

I really liked this battle. Buizel going down really quickly was a bit odd since it was hyped up to be such a strong Pokémon but I guess that it's okay if it doesn't happen that often. Chimchar taking out Steelix and Bronzor was a nice addition since it needs to battle a little more. The real star of the match was Gliscor though. It's match against Bastiodon was really well done in my opinion and it was a great way to see it in it's very first gym battle.

Fighting for real American turtles everywhere. Pro-Turtle since 6/30/13

Quote Originally Posted by Rebecca R. View Post
    I really liked this battle. Buizel going down really quickly was a bit odd since it was hyped up to be such a strong Pokémon but I guess that it's okay if it doesn't happen that often. Chimchar taking out Steelix and Bronzor was a nice addition since it needs to battle a little more. The real star of the match was Gliscor though. It's match against Bastiodon was really well done in my opinion and it was a great way to see it in it's very first gym battle.
    Buizel was probably oer confident about winning and beating a Pokemon it had an advatage over in a gym battle. Ironically, this is the first time Buizel VSed a Pokemon in a gym battle where its moves were super effective. Actually, both Chimchar and Gliscor starred. In a three on three gym battle when one Pokemon KOs the 2 weaker Pokemon (which Chimchar did) and when another Pokemon KOs the strongest Pokemon (which Gliscor did), they would star.

White 2:

Good gym battle but surprised how Buizei lostquite quickly, Was great however how Chimchar did well and espiaclly pleased for Gliscar as it looked as he might lose but recovered quickly and won ^_^. Liked how Brock stuck up for Gliscar as well that was quite nice. Looking forward to the next gym battle as well against Candice

I love the sound steelix makes when it was using screech, awsome!

Credit goes to Luxray Master for the Trainer Pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdarkside View Post
    the only think i did not like was Chimchar defeating Steelix whit 1 hit.
    Wrong, watch the battle again.

Bulbagarden - The Original Pokemon Community.
    PSN: ShinyGeodude XBL: Shiny Geodude
    Add me and tell me please.

I liked the episode and the battle was enjoyable to watch but I was kind of lost to see that buizel got easily and quickly knocked out by Steelix.
    Nintendo 3DS FC: 2105-8824-8167
    PM me if you add me so I can add you

My Friend Safari (Water): Bibarel , Gyarados , Azumarill

Safaris I am looking for with these Pokemon:
    1. Drifblim
    2. Poliwhirl
    3. Heracross
    4. Whirlipede
    5. Gothorita
    6. Forretress
    7. Sigilyph

The battle was instent great and hard!
    I kinda think steelix's screech sounded unfare for ash. Steelix could of screeched all ash's pokemon! Ether That or Buizel boring. On top of that, whats with Byron muscle showing and the explosion! Byron saying "I love defense!", "I Love Fossils!", "I Love Bronzor!", "I love Steelix", "I love Bastiodon!". I Find it funny. Know wonder hes my fav gym leader. :P
    Anyway thats Gliscor's first gym battle and SHES kanda funny!(Everyone was saying Ash's Gliscor is a female)
    Bastiodon is kanda taugh and Gliscor kicked butt! Ash has now got 6 badges. Nice episode ever!

As Captain Falcon says: "Show me your moves!"
    http://i44.*******.com/ml48ro.jpg

Im giving credit to Pokesho
    We Are The Champions!

Byron's really cool!

Is it me.. or does Byron's English voice remind me of Macho Man Randy Savvage? Overall, it was a great episode.

Team Tropic Thunder?

Lol, this was the first gym battle I've watched in a long time. I saw part of Ash v. Roark, and before that...I think I watched Ash's battle with Norman. : D

Even though I'm not actually interested in watching battles, this was pretty interesting. It was nice to see Byron acting manly and flexing his muscles, after the prior episode where we saw his weird, sensitive side.

Overall, Byron is my favorite gym leader in Sinnoh (taking the place of Roark, lol). I really loved the character development that we saw for both of them during these part two episodes.
    I'm working on finishing my DP Pokedex...I have 490. : D!

Word.

hello people chimchars are weak

how do pupitars evolve

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast