Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Shadow Club (Discussion Thread)

Default The Shadow Club (Discussion Thread)

"Approved by Psychic"

Sign-up Thread (there are 3 spots still available)
    RPG Thread

This is the discussion thread for Shadow Club. Here you may ask questions, ask for directions, post plans/ideas, discuss details, and ask permission to use magic not outlined by the plot. Please do not spam or complain in this thread.

Rules
    1. Behave. You've all read the SPPF rules, act like it.
    2. Stay on topic. Plans, questions, directions, ideas, and permission requests are all fine. Don't spam or complain. Be proactive rather than complaining, if it's too slow, look for an opportunity to fast-forward, if there aren't enough players, go find someone you can invite.
    3. Just like in the RPG, NC-17 content is NOT ALLOWED here.

Approved Players:
    1. VampirateMace (Luc - Journal [Wrath])
    2. bronislav84 (Kar - Ring [Avarice])
    3. DVB (Diego - Mirror [Envy])
    4. Crash & Charm (Aurora - Medallion [Pride])

RPG Rules:
    1. No bunnying (controlling another’s character) without permission or cause:
    - Due to the nature of this RPG there may be instances where it is necessary to bunny other people’s physical bodies in order to get from one place to another, their thoughts and dialog however, are still off limits.
    - Due to the involvement of witchcraft, some scenarios may require actions on the part of victims that they wouldn’t normally perform. These actions may be bunnyed in interest of moving the RPG along, especially if the victim player fails to post within the week.
    2. Since this RPG is rated R, violence, substance abuse, profanity, and some mature content will be allowed, provided:
    - You aren’t using it as an excuse to swear excessively, kill everyone, or otherwise be a jerk.
    - That if your characters get to a romantic/lustful point where they are going to do more than kiss/hug romantically and/or are starting to undress, you fade to black. Discuss changes to costume, any pregnancies, and STDs in PM or the Discussion thread. Do not post any NC-17 content!
    3. Put your character’s name, and location, at the top of your post. A base class schedule will be posted in the first post, and you may change a couple classes, but leave most of them the same so that you're not off on your own 90% of the time.
    4. Fast-forwarding - You can skip through school life and boring stuff so long as no one else is currently using magic. Please ask around in the discussion thread before posting if you're unsure.
    5. Magic:
    - Please follow the description given for your item. If you'd like to add additional effects/side effects, please ask.
    - You may be allowed to buy additional magic (objects, potions, ect) from Libby's shop. But, like above, please ask first.

Plot & Object/Relic Details:
    Our story takes place in a typical coastal small town in the western United States. It is called Glenwood, and is home to fairly typical, though small, high school. But here, there is a group of (up to seven) troubled juniors (seniors and staff may be accepted as well), who despite being fairly different, have bonded as they share most of their classes, are generally picked on or left out, and all have an interest in the occult.

They have formed a club, a coven of sorts, The Shadow Club, and meet at lunch, and after school as well. With no official clubhouse or meeting place, they tend to meet up at random spots and occasionally wander around. That is how they found Libby's shop. Libby, or Liberty, is a beautiful young woman, of mixed African and Chinese ancestry, with dark almond shaped eyes, skin the color of chocolate milk, and dark chocolate colored dreadlocks with frosted tips.

Her shop is a mishmash of magical ingredients, tomes, and artifacts from all over the world. Growing up, her mother would practice Hoodoo and her father various Chinese rituals, and the differences between the two got her interested in the world of the occult.

The teens now visit her shop quite often, and she has become something of a mentor to them where the occult is concerned. One afternoon she invites them into the back room of her shop, explaining that she has bought a large lot of items from the estate of a woman who was believed to have been a witch, and that she wants to let them each pick something as a thank you for being such good customers, before she puts any of it out for sale.

Spread over the table in the backroom is a large variety of items; candles, dolls, jewelry, antiques, and books. In-particular, there are seven objects which hold great power and resonate with members of the group; a journal, a ring, a candle, a medallion, a locket, a mirror, and a lunch box.

As it turns out, each of these objects is the embodiment/avatar of one of the seven sins:

The seven objects:
    Journal (Wrath) - This reddish leather-bound journal, with a bear engraved into the cover, and yellowing pages, is a powerful object embodying Wrath. It can be used to make bad things happen to others by writing down one's dark desires (the pages do not run out). Most entries will occur within 24 hours, but it could be seconds or days depending on what the entry is. Entries must be realistic in order to occur.
    * The journal can even kill under the right circumstances.

Ring (Avarice) - This golden band with images of frogs engraved into it, is the avatar of Avarice, and when it's rubbed, the wearer can summon money (coins, bills, debt cards) and expensive items (electronics, clothes, cars) by thinking about them. A good way to select the exact details of a summoned object is to find an ad for it to look at while summoning.
    * Touching others with the ring (ie: brushing your ring wearing hand against them) will cause them to feel compelled to give you gifts.

Candle (Sloth) - As this light blue goat-shaped candle burns (it never actually gets smaller) it creates a doppelganger or double of the lighter which will fill in for them so that they are free to do whatever they wish (as long as they don't get caught in the same place as their double), for it is the embodiment of Sloth.
    * Lighting your double on fire at night will burn away the outer flesh, revealing a demon that will attack those you resent.

Medallion (Pride) - This large gold coin-like object, with the image of a horse and purple enamel in the details, is the avatar of pride, enhancing the holder's natural abilities and skills slightly, and making learning new skills easier, often resulting in compliments and praise.
    * The medallion can also be used to drain strength from others, by turning it over in your hand you can temporarily become a energy vampire. Your appearance doesn't change, but you will draw strength from others when you touch them.

Locket (Lust) - The locket is the embodiment of Lust, which is defined as desire or excessive love of others. Oddly designed, it is octagonal in shape, and has a engraving of a cow on it, with a blue gem for an eye. The locket makes the wearer desirable to others, in more than just a romantic way. Everyone will want to be their friend, lover, on their side or team, and/or just be close to them in general.
    * Opening the locket will transform the wearer into a hideous, but completely irresistible succubus/incubus.

Mirror (Envy) - The avatar of Envy, this small round silver mirror allows the holder to take what belongs to others, by shining light into their eyes while they think of the ability, privilege, responsibility, or relationship they want to take from them. Responsibilities and privileges will soon change hands, abilities will instantly transfer to the holder, and relationship preferences will shift over the next few hours/days (depending on the true depth of the relationship). The backside of the mirror has the image of a greyhound with a green gem for it's eye.
    * Allowing your target to borrow the mirror will take every non-physical thing that is theirs, but you may not like everything you get.

Lunch Box (Gluttony) - This plain black metal lunch box, decorated only with the orange silhouette of a pig, and matching thermos, is the embodiment of gluttony. Food or drink placed into is multiplied and/or transformed, an apple may become a couple slices of apple pie, while water may become juice, and juice, wine.
    * Non food, wrapper, and utensil items disappear when placed inside. Where they go is not yet known, so placing such items inside is not recommended.

The longer you character has an object the more they will want to use it, and the deeper they will slip into the sin it embodies, however they themselves will have trouble recognizing that there is a change. Your coven members may not be much help either, as they'll have their own sins to deal with. (This should give you some incentive to be creative; Gluttony after all, includes drunkenness, and Lust doesn't have to be romantic. Also, feel free to take the sins, especially Wrath to some really dark places. . . ) You are perfectly free to trade items as the RPG goes along, and explore other plot arcs for your character.
    Problematic Paranormal Files

(Psssssttt... hey, you, yah you, HOLIDAYS2014 - 10% off $15+)
    The Gravity Falls Fanclub | My Twitter: @CleverKraken

Today's Fact: When communicating, dolphins use a signature whistle to let others know who's singing.

This will be interesting indeed. Especially since its gonan be a battle of enoughness, want, relationships, futures and other fun stuff,

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Yay!

Moving this here. On the phone question, it's on installments but she will pay it off when she figures out she can conjure authentic money.

Banner by the illustrious Avenger Angel

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Yes, DVB, you've got the idea, I look forward to your posts.

Bron, alright, that works for me.

Today's Fact: When communicating, dolphins use a signature whistle to let others know who's singing.

I posted, feel free to interact with Aurora.

*Nod* Don't worry, that's the idea with keeping similar schedules. Once Bron's posted, I can probably fast-forward us to whenever someone wants to first discover the power of their object.

awesome, just putting it out there that my ideas for her will work better with more interaction so anyone can feel free to talk with/meet with her.

Sorry for the delay. My life sucks and I never seem to have enough time for anything.

Is it just me or is there a 3 to 1 female to male ratio?

Bronislav is my Name and 1984 is my Birth year. If you can't say my name, just call me Bron or Slavik.

Hang in there.

Diego's just a lucky guy, yeah? In seriousness, covens are traditionally female dominated, so it's not really a problem.

I meant the tree had died some time ago, but a couple weeks dead works too.

Lol yea he's lucky, but are we a coven now? I guess it would make sense then.

And sorry about the tree. You didn't exactly specify. It's ok though?

Well, I think the Shadow Club is kind of like a coven... yeah?

Well, the fact that Luc wasn't sure how it had died, but there were rumors, suggested hadn't died recently. But, yeah, it's fine. If Luc wasn't there, any explanation she heard could be considered a rumor.

Makes sense to me. Sorry to keep you guys waiting anyway. Crash seems to be on top of things.

Yeah, I was surprised Crash posted that quick. But I thought s/he wanted our chars to chat though...

I was actually expecting us to be able to do more in History. Eh, I'll sneak that in when I do my post.

I just reposted the one I made when the Rp first opened. We can do more. What I wrote was the last 10 minutes or so of the class.

Reposted? I don't recall you being in the first version, or maybe you dropped out early Crash. Unless you changed your name since then?

Regardless this is looking great so far. Looking forward to the breaks so we can do some socializing.
    Last edited by bronislav84; 15th November 2014 at 6:52 AM.

No, crash made a fast-forward post too soon in this version, and is re-using it.

You can certainly do some more in History Bron, just write up to lunch so that the timeline continuity doesn't break. If you need to PM with someone to figure out a convo, that's okay.

This version? I'm still confused. Crash was in v1?

But nah I think I can do it without needing to bunny. The classes aren't important anyway. Just NPC stuff.

no, I was not in version 1. I had made this post when the rp first opened. But there was too much fast forwarding so I needed to wait for everyone to make an initial post.

We got to try and keep out timeline together better guys (or it could unravel):
    - Try not to fast-forward if there's something going on with other players
    - Don't skip more then a 2-3 hours unless everyone agrees (aka - don't just decided you're skipping us through the whole school day without asking)
    - Try to make sure you RP up to at least the point where the last player left off
    - Try not to back-edit too much; but if you need to, return to the present by the end of your post (we may need to do this for the convo Diego started in History, since Crash had already moved onto lunch).

I can take out the whole lunch part if you guys want me to. But you can just feel free to bunny and invent conversations involving Aura.

No, I don't think you need to remove the lunch part, you posted first, and we should be able to work around it.

Nah, we be having lunch. Aorund art class, Diego will discover his power when he steals the drawing powers of an artist. Mwahahahaha! >D

If you have attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this in your sig.
    Platinum Friend Code: 0775-1254-2777

Okay so nobody fast-forward through 6th period then. I haven't decided when Luc will figure out the jounal's power, but she'll probably doodle something horrible happing to Mr Warden during lunch (since she doesn't eat school food much, and probaby wouldn't bother to pack a lunch).

(sorry the device I'm on does not have spellcheck)
    Last edited by VampirateMace; 15th November 2014 at 7:19 PM.

Okay so something important happening at Lunch you guys. Please don't fast forward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast