Discussion and OOC Thread
    (Posted with my own permission)

Link to the RPG Thread
    Link to the Sign-Up Thread

Spoiler:- Information from the Sign-Up Thread:

Official Rules:
    1. No god-modding.
    2. Two/three character maximum.
    3. Only control your own character unless given permission otherwise by the other character's owner.
    4. No killing other OC's without their owner's permission.
    5. If you wish to make an NPC with a large part then please just state that on the sign-ups so that it doesn't get killed. Otherwise it's open season.
    6. You must have good grammar! Get a proofreader for all I care! Use the spell-check! Anything, just make sure things make sense. I can tolerate some slip-ups, but nothing on a constant basis.
    7. Please try to post at least once every 2-5 days (unless you give me a reason why you can't). Any longer than that and we might lose you or leave you behind.
    8. No making up histories for characters (even NPCs) that aren't your own.
    9. I reserve the right to kick you out of this RPG if you break one of these rules seriously enough. I will, however, give you a chance to explain or redeem yourself so it won't be a "BAM goodbye" sort of deal

"You can call yourself whatever you want.
    Soldier. Leader. Patriot. Revolutionary. It doesn't matter.
    At our core we're all the same thing.
    Monsters."

Important NPCs: These are characters from the past RPGs that will probably be showing up in some capacity during the events of Paradise Lost. I figured it'd be good to have a place for all of them to be described so people would be familiar with them.

Sir Hector Dragonsheart (Gallantmon X): One of the last two surviving Royal Knights. Often considered the heart and soul of the order, Sir Hector was among Lord Artorius's most trusted and powerful. After Artorius's failed attempt at controlling the Mikaboshi led to the destruction of the Royal Knights, Sir Hector led the surviving members in an attempt to stave off the Chaos, only to fail. After the Peacemakers triumphed, Sir Hector and Sir Percival the Magnamon retreated into isolation, seeking penance for their wrongdoings. They, in turn, were sought out by Mephistopheles, who needed to use them in part of the ritual to open the Inferno. Percival was killed, and Hector was captured.

Boss Lu Bu/Sir Fengxian (Gankoomon): Known as the "Lost Knight", Sir Fengxian was one of the original 13 Royal Knights before he and Artorius had a falling out centuries ago. He left the order, casting off his allegiance to them. Going by the name "Lu Bu," he spent several hundred years wandering the world, offering his hero-services to those in need, accepting pay from those able to pay him, and he carved himself a pleasant little life of adventure and happiness. He was sought out by Artorius at the start of the Crusade, but angrily rebuffed his former Lord. Lu Bu was saddened to hear of the order's demise, but unsurprised--knowing Artorius's ambitions as he did. When the demons rose, Lu Bu returned to the world at large, taking up the mantle of protector once more.

Barachiel Aker [formerly known as Terrak Aeolus] (TigerVespamon -> SlashAngemon): Barachiel is Kheprius' [fraternal twin] brother. He is a calm, collected, and caring Digimon with decent medical knowledge and very proficient abilities in swordsmanship, a passive martial art akin to judo, and nerve-striking and pressure point techniques. Barachiel was the adopted son and acolyte of the Angemon Hadrael Aker. He and Kheprius only recently met again, and the two were estranged. When Mephistopheles began to break the holy seals, Barachiel joined the Peacemakers' ranks. He joined the Peacemakers in their failed excursion into the Inferno.

Gunnar Cyndar (ShineGreymon -> ShineGreymon Burst Mode): Gunnar has been Tyr's best friend since childhood. He's an easygoing, flashy Digimon who's brimming with confidence. Gunnar joined the military with Tyr and three of their other friends, enlisting in a pals battalion, as typical for Digimon from their region. The five Greymon friends served together in the same platoon until Tyr left to join the Peacemakers. Gunnar stayed in the platoon until the Avalonian military was reorganized, after the Chaos Lords destroyed everything. Gunnar joined the ranks of the Peacemakers when Mephistopheles began to act, and he went into the Inferno with the other Peacemakers.

Dhazbog "Dhaz" Ullr (EmperorGreymon): Dhazbog is one of Tyr and Gunnar's friends. He's a responsible, caring, and rational Digimon. Dhazbog joined the military with Tyr, Gunnar, Ulik, and Sigurd, enlisting in a pals battalion. Since they were all from the same small town, they wanted to be able to fight with one another. The five Greymon friends served together in the same platoon until Tyr left to join the Peacemakers. He was given a leadership role as a squad commander, in which he commanded his other four friends and a few other Digimon. After the defeat of the Chaos Lords and the reorganization of the military, Dhazbog was promoted to the rank of lieutenant, and he was given charge of a larger amount of Digimon. When the Peacemakers entered the Inferno, the military unit he was in was overrun, and he lead the survivors in retreat. He, Sigurd, Ulik, and several others joined the resistance, and there he continued to use his leadership skills.

Sigurd "Sig" Jerin (WarGreymon): Sigurd is one of Tyr and Gunnar's friends. He's a gruff, foul-tempered, envious Digimon, although ultimately well intentioned. Sigurd joined the military with Tyr, Gunnar, Ulik, and Dhazbog, enlisting in a pals battalion. Since they were all from the same small town, they wanted to be able to fight with one another. The five Greymon friends served together in the same platoon until Tyr left to join the Peacemakers. Sigurd stayed in the platoon until the Avalonian military was reorganized, after the Chaos Lords destroyed everything. While the Peacemakers were in the Inferno, he, Dhazbog, and Ulik joined the resistance.

Ulik Vithar (BlackWarGreymon): Ulik is one of Tyr and Gunnar's friends. He's a quiet, sensible Digimon. Ulik joined the military with Tyr, Gunnar, Sigurd, and Dhazbog, enlisting in a pals battalion. Since they were all from the same small town, they wanted to be able to fight with one another. The five Greymon friends served together in the same platoon until Tyr left to join the Peacemakers. While the Peacemakers were in the Inferno, he, Dhazbog, and Sigurd joined the resistance.

Ruki Vesalius (Stingmon): Ruki was a childhood friend of Kheprius and Barachiel. She lived in a town a few miles away, that Kheprius and Barachiel frequently visited with their father. The two brothers' disappearance after the MetalTyrannomon attack probably had something to do with her career choice. Ruki grew up to become a well-educated doctor, helping Digimon whenever she could. She found out that the Aeolus brothers were alive, and she met them again to her great joy. When the demons invaded, Ruki went to the resistance forces, using her medical abilities to heal the wounded in their constant fight against the demonic invaders.

Hoenir Koenig (EmperorGreymon): Hoenir is a descendant of Tiwaz Koenig, and a distant cousin of Tyr. He is the High Defender of Tiwheim and its territory. He met his ancestor, Tiwaz, when Tyr revisited the area on Tiwaz's request, as it was the town that Tiwaz had sacrificed his life to save. During the Peacemakers' descent into the Inferno, he made sure that he saw to the safety of the citizens of Tiwheim and Sparta, all of whom were refugees.

Ivy Kranatos (Lilymon-Rosemon): Gigas Kranatos' pregnant wife. Ivy is generally quite caring and motherly. She's a nurse by practice, and a fighter by necessity. Having never been properly trained to fight, she can sometimes be more of a hindrance in battle than a help, and is perhaps more suited well behind the lines of battle, where she can tend to the wounded. She's six months pregnant now, and has been tending to the wounded at Hadrael's Tree since Hell broke loose. She was losing hope in the Peacemakers' return.

Bedivere Stormheart: (Slayerdramon -> Examon) The Lord of the Empty Seat and high protector of the Digital World, Bedivere was the leader of the Peacemakers during the Unholy Crusade. Due to his temporary possession of the Black Sword, a relic equal in might to Thor's White Sword, he has heightened senses and can utilise the Digitalize of Soul once commanded by Artorius, the Black Sword's previous wielder. He returned to lead the group once more against Mephistopheles, but the harrowing experience changed him, rendering him more arrogant and extremist in his attempts to defeat the demon. He marched into the Inferno alongside the Peacemakers in their final attempt to stop Mephistopheles.

Guinier Stormheart: (UlforceVeedramon -> Megidramon/UlforceVeedramon Future Mode) Bedivere's older sister, Guinier was always one of the Peacemakers. During the Siege of Avalon in the Unholy Crusade, she was altered on a fundamental level by the fallen Council member, Angra Mainyu, giving her the power to evolve into Megidramon. She and Caradoc fell in love and entered a romantic relationship during the closing days of the Crusade, but during recent times, the two separated due to the torment resulting from Caradoc making a deal with a demon to try and save Hadrael, Barachiel's mentor and adoptive father. Though conflicted over her feelings about Caradoc, Guinier continues to fight beside the Peacemakers for the sake of the world.

Caradoc Stern: (Valkyrimon -> Dynasmon X) The son of a noble who was shamed for once abandoning Odin in battle, Caradoc's whole life has been a quest for redemption for sins he did not commit. He is the successor to the Royal Knight, Galahad, whose spirit has merged with Caradoc's own and given him the power to take on the Dynasmon X form. Despite atoning for his father's sins through his heroic acts during the Crusade and finding some measure of peace with Guinier, the impact of Mephistopheles' actions soon sent Caradoc spiralling back into despair, as he blamed himself for the destruction of the Chess Kingdom at Conquest's hands. Piling guilt onto his own shoulders, Caradoc desperately made a deal with a demon to try and save Barachiel's adoptive father, damning himself in what he saw as an act of sacrifice. Therefore, although Caradoc has made peace with his past and fights on against the Demon Lords, deep down, he knows that even if they triumph, the chances are that his days will still be numbered regardless.

Galic Lupocuore (MachGaogamon -> MirageGaogamon* -> MirageGaogamon: Burst Mode*): Once a member of the Peacemakers and mentor to current Peacemaker Azur Schattenlicht and the late Dunkelheit Schattenlicht, Galic is now the leader of the Resistance. His daunting position and task has caused him to become stricter than before, but he still retains his calm and rational mind. He still cares dearly for those under his jurisdiction, and although he knows it is inevitable to their cause, it pains him to send people to fight and die against the demons, chipping at his spirit slowly every time a group comes back with less people, picking at his guilt at having his first apprentice die while under his tutelage. The only thing keeping him going is the hope that his old comrade-in-arms will come back from the Inferno, no matter how unlikely it seems, so that at the very least, they still have something - no matter how tiny or small - to keep fighting for.
    *He'd probably still have the ability to digivolve into his higher forms, albeit armless and dangerous to his body

Shoon Alryght (Mamemon X -> PrinceMamemon X): Galic's newest apprentice, having been sent to gain his guidance after meeting with Azur a few months before the reunion of the Peacemakers. Although he initially joined the Peacemakers on their task of subduing Mephisto and the demons, he was beaten half to death in the battle before entering Inferno and had to be put in intensive care. When he recovered, he joined the resistance under Galic's leadership. Two months into the war, he no longer retains his child-like innocence and has lost the delusions of grandeur of becoming a hero, but he has grown to become one of the Resistance's valuable fighters, using his previous experiences against the demons, a mix of technological bombs and cunning strategies. He is one of the few people left that still believe that the Peacemakers will come back, although it is more likely that he's unwilling to believe that they won't.

Scharlach "Scar" Hildebrand (BlackWereGarurumon -> Anubismon): Friendly, mischievous and constantly hooking up with one woman or another, Scharlach is one of Fenrir's descendants and a distant cousin of Azur. Scharlach is also a master of swordsmanship and taught Azur in the ways of sword in ways that Fenrir could not. While he temporarily joined the Peacemakers during their fight against the demons, he left to go and protect his home and dojo. While his cousin and the other Peacemakers were in the Inferno, he helped in the protection of his hometown, which was also Fenrir's last resting place and home, and its denizens. However, when the inevitable invasion of the demons came, he put his efforts into bringing his people to safety, and once that was done, he went to join the Resistance in hopes to see his cousin return, although that hope has been turning dimmer and dimmer with every passing day.

Duo Greyclaw (Gaiomon -> BlackWarGreymon/Reapermon): A stern and calm man, and one of the original members of the Peacemakers. Duo is a close friend of Trowa Mithra and engaged to Lucia Almehada. Duo is from the same small mountain village as his childhood friends Justin Wright and Saria Whitewind. Duo was one in love with Saria's younger sister Rayne, but his wicked father Rhaz Greyclaw killed her in an attack on their village, an attack meant to claim him. In his rage, Duo slew his father and spent many years blaming himself for Rayne's death. Rhaz later returned as the horseman Famine to torture Duo once more, and though Lucia has kept him going, he is growing weary of battle and wishes only to save those he cares about.

Justin Wright (SuperStarmon -> Justimon/PileVolcamon): Justin is the childhood friend, and self-declared rival, of Duo Greyclaw. Justin grew up in the same small village as Duo and Saria. When Duo's father raided their village, the resulting carnage shattered his sheltered worldview. From that day forth he swore to become as strong as, or seven stronger than, Duo. Strong enough to help and protect those in need. He swore to become a hero. He is obsessed with justice and a flashy super-hero style, and his boundless energy, determination, and cheesy one-liners make him quite memorable. The events of his brief time with Peacemakers, battling demons, seeing real warfare, and fighting their way through hell and back has worn heavy on him and he is starting to question if he is truly up to the task that faces the Peacemakers.

Celia Castiel (D'Arcmon -> Angewomon): Celia was an angel of rather low rank but exceptional skill, the First Sword of the Conclave. She was among the first of Heaven's warriors to enter the battle with the Nightmare Soldiers. Like many, she was hesitant to accept the rebellion's leadership, gods like Thor and Svarog were little better than demons in her eyes. That was, at least, until Heaven sealed itself off and abandoned thousands of its soldiers on the front lines. Before they were slaughtered and overrun, Thor and a contingent of the Virus Busters arrived. Since then, Celia has been an effective and devoted member of the VB.

Monsters."

Is the resistance scout team going to end up running into the same demon swarm that's attacking the Peacemakers? I'm a bit foggy on the geography.
    Claimed: Grovyle - November 10th, 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Griff4815 View Post
    Is the resistance scout team going to end up running into the same demon swarm that's attacking the Peacemakers? I'm a bit foggy on the geography.
    That'd be a negatory.

Monsters."

The reason I haven't posted yet is because I'm not sure what to post on Geraint's end. Should I just leave him out for now, or have him doing stuff around the resistance camp, or anything else?
    [CENTER]

Credit for the banner goes to Kamotz

Basically whatever you feel like. I'll get to the new characters (that signed up/were approved after the initial post) in my 2nd post.

Monsters."

I'm going to move this along now that I'm back from my trip overseas. Hopefully my schedule will allow a more consistent posting stream...of course I'll need your help for that.

Monsters."

I'm half done a post that time-skips back to the resistance camp, since I figured there'd be more for everybody to do back there, but if you're going to do that, I'll probably just wait since you mentioned wanting to establish the setting anyways.

I'll try to get a post up sometime today or tomorrow with the Gig-Ivy reunion, maybe some pregnancy jokes, some of Nocchi sticking his nose in leaders' business, and some Sha quips.

So basically nothing constructive to plot-development. Feel free to join in.

Nyeheheheh.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

If no one has anything to post in the next day or so, I'll try and shoot up another to get things moving.

Monsters."

I'll try to get the rest of my post up this afternoon. Dunno about everybody else.

Coming Soon the Devil's Ascent and Paradise Lost short stories you have(n't) been asking for!

Digimon: The Devil's Laughter - Onihime: Two weeks after the Peacemakers enter the Inferno, far to the east of Anatolia, the Oni Clans begin receiving word of the happenings beyond their lands. In a desperate attempt to stave off their destruction and unite the clans, the Oni King Hidegetsu tries to forge new alliances the only way he knows how: by marrying off his daughter to a the highest bidder! But her intended isn't all he appears to be. Will the Onihime be forced into a marriage of convenience? Or will she finally take a stand against her father's totalitarian ways and choose her own future.

Digimon: The Devil's Laughter - Fallen Grace: The Peacemakers have failed. Lucifer has risen. Heaven has sealed itself off, leaving thousands of angels behind and trapped in the mortal world. The angel Celia Castiel, First Sword of the Conclave, has taken it upon herself to lead her unit to safety. But the demon Abraxas, the angel-slayer, has other plans. If Celia plans to get her contingent to the rebel encampment at Hadrael's tree, she'll have to first outsmart and outmaneuver one of the most cunning soldiers in the Demon Lords' army.

Digimon: The Devil's Laughter - Eternal Game: The Chess Kingdom is in ruins. The Kings and Queens are dead. Of the royalty, only Victoria--the ironically-named last princess of the Black Chessmon--still lives. In a world gone to Hell, she's the only hope for her people. The only one who can rally them all together...if they don't kill each other first, that is.

Digimon: The Devil's Laughter - Bancho: What do you get when you take a former Royal Knight, his four trench-coat wearing followers, the most savage of the Demon Lords, the largest of the Demon Lords, a Slavic god of war, and set them on a collision course? A knock-down, drag-out, three-way battle royal the likes of which the world of Saga has never seen before!

Monsters."

I'm really looking forward to those. Especially Eternal Game and Bancho.
    It's all kinds of awesome how much backstory you've put into this whole thing, man. If you took out the digimon and replaced with with your own (supernatural) characters, you'd have a great big world, worthy of commertialization.

BTW, I'm torn between what I should have Proto do. I kinda wanna make it interact with either Galic or Samael, but I don't know how to approach Samael without risking death or how to make any meaningful dialogue happen with Galic.

That sounds cool. I'm always up for/down with supplemental stories. They're pretty fun.

The question is, should I post them here? Or in the FF forums?

Monsters."

Quote Originally Posted by niedude View Post
    I'm really looking forward to those. Especially Eternal Game and Bancho.
    It's all kinds of awesome how much backstory you've put into this whole thing, man. If you took out the digimon and replaced with with your own (supernatural) characters, you'd have a great big world, worthy of commertialization.

BTW, I'm torn between what I should have Proto do. I kinda wanna make it interact with either Galic or Samael, but I don't know how to approach Samael without risking death or how to make any meaningful dialogue happen with Galic.
    It's more about what Proto would do in the situation rather that what to want him to do.

Monsters."

So what's our plan? Recuperate for a while, then attack baddies?

I assumed we were all somewhere in the hospital. Somebody feel free to run into Sha and Nocchi if you need a little chaos in your life.

(Credit for the banner image goes to All0412 from DeviantArt!)

Chapter Three: The Seashore House
    "Do you guys have any milk?"
    "No, but we have soda pop."
    "How about some fresh water?"
    "Fresh out. Would you like a soda pop?"

I could always use a little chaos. I'll try to get a post up soonish. Time for a bit of mingling and stuff.

I've updated the Roots of Yggdrasil with the first part of Onihime. Detials here.

Monsters."

So I'm hoping to post soon. I'll have some days off on the 2nd-4th so I'll have time to finish up the post that I was working on. But I'm worried about storymasterb and Sequel. They haven't really posted at all.

Monsters."

Yeah. Same goes for the new guys.

Yeah. I've essentially given up on the new guys. One of them put up an intro post and that was it.

Monsters."

I'm not entirely sure what happened. It's like as soon as the sign ups closed and the RPG actually started, everybody disappeared. Seems like a waste of sign ups.

Yeah. Tundra hasn't logged on in almost a month. Smb and Sequel haven't been on in over a week. It's hard to get motivated to post when no one shows up.

Monsters."

I'm going to try for one more push to get this going again. This time with more direction and focus. But honestly, it doesn't look good. Sequel and Tundra haven't been around for weeks, and storymasterb has been gone for a month. That's about half of our posting team, so this is a last-ditch effort.

Monsters."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast