Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: The RPGers’ Profiles

Username: *Kyurem*

Name: Kody

Experience: About a year.

Favourite RPGs: I love to be in RPG's with lots of character interaction. Pokemon RPG's are my favorite at the moment!

Characters: Male characters, I just have a tendency to do male characters considering I would know a male better than a female because I'm male. I have been planning to enter an RPG with a female character, though. I love to give my characters dark pasts like losing a family member and I love to make their features close to things having to do with myself. I love to use colder colored clothing for my characters such as blue, purple, and green. Their personalities are ALL different, though. I usually love to use loner characters who don't necessarily dislike being around other people, but just prefer to stay away from them.

Strong Areas: History... I wish I could write a whole book's worth of words in that section!

Weak Areas: I struggle a bit to pick out how the character looks, so descriptions! I just can't find a good look for their certain lifestyle or personality, but when I do, I get a bit excited because I have so many ideas in my mind.

Hints and Tips: Always remember to have fun and don't be mean to the other players if they did something wrong. Work it out by telling them something is wrong or asking them to change something politely. Just because you're on the internet doesn't mean you shouldn't use your manners!

Current Projects: Well I did have one... a Kirby RPG called Star Warriors Elite Vs. T: A Kirby RP After a while everyone just stopped posting. So I closed it down...

Future Projects: Maybe after I go through a whole 1 or 2 RPG's, then I will probably start a Pokemon RPG of my own.

Spoiler:- Credits:

Username: Ellen Celadon
    Name: Justin Lindley

Experience: 9 years
    Favourite RPGs: I enjoy Slice of Life and Comedic RP's the very best.
    Characters: Dynamic odd-balls. I love playing characters who might be viewed more as supporting cast than the main character.
    Strong Areas: I am best at character creation, I find it exhilirating.
    Weak Areas: Keeping posts a Uniform length, my first post will usually be like a novel, as I set moods and tomes and drop the base line of my characters back story. Then they tend to get progressivley shorter, with randomly long posts sprinkled in.

Hints and Tips: Have Fun with it! The number one thing that kills an RP is people taking themselves too seriously!

Current Projects: I just joined this site, and have only been accepted to 1 RP so far, Kanto Adventures

Future Projects: I hope to get involved in some amazing RP's, but I don't really have anything planned at the moment.
    Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc ~ We Gladly Feast on Those Who Would Subdue Us.
    Not Just Pretty Words.

If you,
    ░████░░████░
    ░█░░█░░█░░█░
    ░████░░████░
    ░█░█░░░█░░░░
    ░█░░█░░█░░░░
    Paste this into your signature.

My Black Team
    ;547; ;593;

Username: Sketchie
    Name: Sophia, but Sketch is fine.

Experience: IT'S A YEAR, FOLKS!
    Favourite RPGs: Post-Apocalyptic, Pre-Apocalyptic, or Daily Life.
    Characters: Masculine-ish characters, usually having some tragedy in their history.
    Strong Areas: Sarcastic people, flirty, fun-loving, people. Those characters. And making new ones. I may recycle one, but most likely I'll keep making new ones.
    Weak Areas: Overly girly characters... they're so hard...

Hints and Tips: Haah... just have fun. Don't get too overwhelmed, keep up. If you have to drop out, drop out.

Current Projects: None... ish. Working. Most definitely working.

Future Projects: I'd like to make a Post-Apocalytic RP... after I finish the ones I'm in. Or maybe I'll start it soon. I.. don't really know.

Ongoing RPs

Dead RPs

The Secrets of August Manor - Daria Lemon [Sign Up]

Rose Red - Chase Lewis, Samuel Issak [Sign Up]

Pokemon: the New Gen Chronicles - Emma Riker [Sign Up] [Discussion]

Pokemon: Return of Darkness - Katrina "Kat" Becker [Sign Up] [Discussion Thread]

Autumn Nights - Lucas Moncrief [Sign Up] [Discussion]

My Little Pony: The New Elements - Feather Stormm [Sign Up] [Discussion]

Project Gijinka: Reborn - Anna "Zeke" Meyer

Pokémon 2012: Überload - Sophia Larson [Sign Up] [Discussion]

~Prof. Gureshaw’s Midnight Course~ - Chase Lewis [Sign Up]

Team Freewill - Jutta Flamme, Aiden Bradford, Mary Williams [Sign up] [Discussion]

Be Human - Rose Allen [Sign Up]

Escape From PokeTopia - Millie the Ralts, Taylon the Buizel [Sign Up]

The Blight of Dragon-Fall - If we ever get started.... - Merenwen Nenharma

The Shadows of DarkeBramble Heart - Merenwen Nenharma [Sign Up]

Honor - Jarreth Mann

Honor - Jarrith Mann [Sign Up] [Discussion]
    Last edited by Sketchie; 31st August 2014 at 11:04 AM.

Default lol half *** profile

Username goldensteambun

Name Julien

Age 17

Experience I have been RPing for a year now but only drawing-based RPGs on Deviantart, so I don't have much experience on literature-based RPGs on this forum.

Favourite RPGs Ones of my favorite fandoms such as Pokemon, Digimon, Persona... I also like original ones with creative ideals and unique plot.

Characters Mostly male, good looking bishie ones since I'm not quite creative with character design and can't RP girls for my life.

Strong Areas I'm very descriptive ? And I can draw for RPG //useless

Weak Areas Everything. English, since I'm not a native English speaker. Active participation, since I do have an unusual schedules IRL or and just got bored very quickly.

Hints and Tips Don't design your character with too much details, seriously Q 7 Q it kills to draw them

Current RPG

SPPf

- The Eevees that Bind
    - Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Journey Into the Frontier
    - The Return: Memory Reversal

Deviantart

- Morphos Metaphor
    - The Digital War
    - Pokejinka Park
    - PokePokeGO

★ goldensteambun

looking for TRU or Movie11 Shaymin on Gen 5 game, please PM me for offer

Username: Schade
    Name: I would like to keep that to myself

Experience: Started RP'ing around 2 years ago here on the site. I try and build up my experience and master the way I RP by bringing back old characters, etc.

Favourite RPGs: Mostly the darker ones including the supernatural. Though my favorite kinds are the Pokemon themed ones. Mostly the ones where you're a trainer and you have one Pokemon to start out with. These are the best RP's to expand your experiences on, imo.

Characters: The ones that would eventually get on everyones nerve. They're usually short tempered and downright mean. Due to my lacking skills in overly detailed personas, they tend to be pretty blend, and stripped of emotion, though some Plot twist always turn that around.

Strong Areas: creating characters. I get tons of ideas once I get started. Though I am still learning to properly describe and detail my ideas, they often come out great. (In my opinion, at least)

Weak Areas: The History section. Oh, the history section of a character SU. I always tend to get boring, short and downright dumb history sections. Though I have improved a lot, there is still a long way to go.

Hints and Tips: Don't try to expand your own limitations when writing. Take it slow, and improvement will start to show eventually.

Current Projects: I don't host RP's myself.

Future Projects: I sometimes help others out with ideas.
    Last edited by Schade; 14th November 2014 at 5:39 PM.

With blood and rage of crimson red, ripped from a corpse so freshly dead.
    Together with our hellish hate, we'll burn you all, that is your Fate!

Username: SteelKing 2012
    Gender: Obviously, I called myself SteelKing because I'm a girl. Yes, I'm male. Of course I'm male. In RP'ing? I make characters of both genders, but tend to write male characters more frequently.

Experience: I started roleplaying a few years ago, on a Pokemon RPG forum. I stayed there until it died a sudden and unnatural death. My experiences with it mainly stretched to posting though, as you were limited to one character. But still, I stuck with the same character for the three years I spent there, and when the site died, he'd had all the Kanto badges, moving onto Johto, and I myself was a moderator. Of course, I had a different username back then. Its been a year since I stopped RP'ing though, so I'm getting into it again.

Favorite RPG's: Sure, I'm a fan of Pokemon RPG's, but I spent so long doing them on the other site, so at this point in time, anyway, I'm looking for RPG's that have more of a fantasy element. I imagine I'll start RP'ing Pokemon again once I find something that catches my eye. I don't think it'll be just one of the normal journey ones, though.

Character: All the characters that I've created have had very different personalities, but each one of them seems to have quite a dark history. Oh, and for some strange reason, all of their parents are dead. Yay. I find backstory to be one of the hardest things to do, though I don't have too much trouble with appearence or personality.

Strong Areas:Um. I think I find it easier to write posts with a bit of action in them, because there's more that I can describe, and do.

Weak Areas: Honestly, my weakest area is just getting my posts up to length, but in the RPG I've been in, the other posts were a bit short, so I couldn't really make much of them. But still, I'm getting better at lengthening my posts, so I can generally reach a decent length, nowadays.

Hints and Tips: I can't actually think of much, but well... I've made characters for a lot of RPG's that have died. The problem I've seen, though, is that with most of them, they've simply given too many player slots to fill. Don't give thirty character slots. It doesn't work, in my experience.

Current Projects: Not running any RPG's, and I don't imagine I will until I have plenty of experience on the forums. But I'm taking part in two RPG's, Tale of Heroes: Part 1, and The Archetype, which has basically died.

Future Projects: Right now? I don't think I'm GM material. Maybe someday, but only if I can think of an original concept, and feel like I have the skill to make that concept into an RP.

My fave Pokemon ^.^

Don't click this. Really.

Username: Janice Quatlane.

Experience: I started Rp-ing about 3 yearsago. I may seem a bit inexperienced, but I love roleplaying. My first character was actually a dragon. Since then, I've had many characters, "Evolving" from each other.

Favourite RPGs: Pokémon ones. Where you're just a regular trainer, with your regular friends, on a regular journey.... I really can't stand the ones with evil beings holding you hostage, and your friends turning into mutants or whatever. I like simple RPGs where you're just a regular, boring human.

Character: I've had a lot of these. For Pokémon, I used to use a Ninetales. It was 500 years old, fell in love with a Genesect, then some stuff happens, about team plasma, there's another 500 years go by, and Genesect and Ninetales meet again. Then it dies. My human characters, are a bit more creative. I had a runaway Princess named Caseryn, who eventually got a clone named Crystal, she wasn't very good though, as she wasn't very, well, made. She didn't have a decent back story, which meant that the whole story kind of failed.
    My latest character, Janice, is featured in a darker RPG. One about war in Unova and things. She was supposed to be a healer, and her job was to bring peace back to Unova, along with other guardians.

Strong areas: Creating the RPGs.

Weak areas: Actually DOING the RPGs.

Hints and tips: Even if you have the option to create more than one character, don't. It's very hard to control them both.

Current projects: 2, at the moment. However, they are run on different sites. One is called Anrivia, which is about a new region, and Darkness, is the war one. I've had many others, but they are dead and forgotten.

Future projects: ..... Um..... I'm hoping to create some happy ones!

Hey. I'm new here, and I really don't know how to introduce myself, so this'll be my debut.

Username: Kamehamehadouken
    Name: Hunter

Experience: I've been roleplaying for a solid year now on the website Pokecommunity. If any of you know me, it's as Heretostay123.
    Favourite RPGs: Normally I go for adventure-style roleplays of any kind. I like SAO, Pokemon, Naruto, the like.
    Characters: I either like to create goofy comic relief characters, suave heroes, or epic villains.
    Strong Areas: I'm good at joint posts, I believe, and my opening post may or may not be amazing.
    Weak Areas: Sometimes opening posts. They tend to be on either extreme. Otherwise, sign ups. It takes a while for me to get one together.
    Hints and Tips: Don't join more than you're capable of. I'm participating in quite a few though.

Current Projects: 0, as of now.

Future Projects: One day I hope to create my very own roleplay.

Usernames
    Mogar (Formerly Beirut/SpyroxPikachu)

Name
    Danielle

Experience
    I had little to no idea what the term RPG meant before becoming an active member of a forum, as I was not an avid gamer at the time, I had really never seen the term used. So in turn, I really didn't start RPGing until I joined this forum. And low and behold, I was awful. There was nothing descriptive about my first character, and there was certainly nothing special about the first RPG I decided to make. However, as time went on I began to get better at my ability to tell stories, as well as in my ability to create interesting and balanced characters. Now that I'm older, I tend to enjoy RPGing more and more, I do it whenever I have spare time and I've even joined other sites that allow me to RPG.

Favourite RPGs
    I adore horror as a genre, with the being said I adore horror RPGs and really wish that there was more of those existing on this forum. I'm also quite plain and don't really mind just adventuring Pokemon RPGs where you play as an ordinary trainer and just explore the realm of Pokemon. I also rather like Pokemon RPGs with a twist, or some sort of interesting gimmick. Fantasy RPGs that are almost like an MMORPG are also something I find insanely interesting and will always attempt to join.

Characters
    I like all sorts of characters, I also like making all my characters very different and giving them all sorts of quirks. I usually don't reuse characters, usually only creating new characters and making them to exclusively suit that individual RPG. However, I have reused two of my characters. Just rewriting their histories to better suit the RPG that I've decided to use them in.

Spoiler:- Suzy Yorke:

Spoiler:- Danny Ettenberg:

Strong Areas
    I've found myself to be very good at creating characters, and I take great joy in making characters as interesting and relatable as I can. I want people to view them as people, not just a character that they found between the pages of a book. I take a lot of inspiration from the works of Conan Doyle, as he made two men who weren't exactly relatable, but they're two of the most realistic and wonderful men that I've ever had the honor of reading about. I also take pride in my very wide vocabulary.

Weak Areas
    Plot. Plot is the bane of my existence. I know that it is truly the foundation of a story, but I struggle desperately with it. Making an interesting and perfectly flowing plot, is insanely difficult, as any writer will tell you. I take a very long time perfectly working out my plot, often making sure that everything flows before even beginning my RPG. This is why anything I write takes a very long time to ever see the light of the internet. The same goes with posting for RPGs.

Current Projects
    None.

Future Projects
    I've considered creating an RPG focusing on emotion and Pokemon, perhaps a Pokemon that came in different colours to represent a character's overall personality.

Currently Partaking
    None at the moment.
    Last edited by Mogar; 8th September 2014 at 6:49 PM. Reason: Updated August 14th, 2014.

Arrow ChintzySnail's RPG Profile

Username: ChintzySnail
    Name: Richard
    Gender: I haven't decided yet. I'm still supporting my my default build, male 1.0, but ya know, it's a crazy world...
    Experience: Forum RPing since I've discovered the internet. Table top RPing since I discovered my local comic book shop (five months now.) I've occasionally GM'd in the past, more so being an assistant.
    Favourite RPGs: I like RPG with realism. Anything that isn't nonsensical.
    Characters: Aliens. What I mean by that is foreigners outside the comfort zone/familiarity the setting of the RPG takes place in.
    Strong Areas: I'll let you decide. People tell me I'm very creative, if that counts.
    Weak Areas: I'm incredibly insecure, which affects my writing. Grammar also isn't so strong. I suck at writing Histories.

Hints and Tips: Motivation is hard, find what you enjoy and use it as a reward system. What I do is pace around in random circles narrating the entire story in my head. It works for me.

Current Projects: Nada
    Future Projects: I'm working on a modern-day science-fiction Pokemon RPG
    Last edited by ChintzySnail; 24th September 2013 at 9:03 PM. Reason: Fixing it up~

Username: DarkraiFan999
    Name:I'm not putting my name here but you can call me X.

Experience: 1 year
    Favourite RPGs: Fantasy and Pokémon related
    Characters: all-round
    Strong Areas: character creation
    Weak Areas: Plot

Future Projects: I want to re-make my Pokémon: Kalos Adventures RP with more detail but I think I need some help on the plot
    Last edited by DarkraiFan999; 6th December 2013 at 12:40 AM.

Username: Sebax

Experience: I have been roleplaying for around six years or so. Off and on. I am an Actor in RL, so my work on stage is pretty equal to playing a part in an RPG.
    Favourite RPGs: I like to make games and creates stories. Perhaps something a bit competitive, but fun to play.
    Characters: Musically-talented characters tend to be my M.O. Thespians, Sober-minded Gentlemen/Ladies are another Hallmark of mine.
    Strong Areas: I like the worlds I can create for people to play in. I think I give people pretty solid options in my RPs, and when I play in the RPs of others, I find that I can really adapt to their world.
    Weak Areas: Organizing and keeping things down a notch. My ideas tend to get a little big and out of hand, and people have a tendency to not know what to do because the idea is so vast.

Hints and Tips: If you must do something cliched, then own it as your own. There are a reason that Mary Sues exist, and that is because the notion of them was once new and interesting. Challenge yourself, and even the most seemingly bland character can leap from the words and touch the reader.

Current Projects: None, at the moment.

Future Projects: I know it's probably been done to death, but I would like to try an RP where players choose one Pokemon to play as. What I would be bringing to the table would be my own particular way of story-telling and world creating.

Username: tatsu-okami
    Name: I share my name with a trombonist from England.

Experience: I believe between seven and eight years at this point. If memory serves, my first dive into RPing was on a Balto fan site, and for a good couple of years, I really didn't RP anything outside of that franchise. Around four-ish years ago would probably have been when I started trying out different RP premises, and most of those are the ones that I stick to today (even though the number of those premises are in the single digits).

Favourite RPGs: As far as premises go? I honestly tend to re-visit four in particular, and two of said four much more often than the others. My first and most used setup is a crossover between Digimon and Pokemon; granted, the usual extent of the former franchise's appearance is the Digimon that I tend to play, which has been displaced into the world of Pokemon and has to befriend a trainer and accompany them on whatever endeavors they are currently on. My second most used premise is an RP set in the Okami franchise, essentially picking up a while after the end of the first game. My third and fourth RP premises are (in order of frequency of usage) an RP set in the Kung Fu Panda universe (taking place after the end of the second film) and a Star Fox RP, the latter of which I have rarely partaken in, mainly because not much was established before starting it.

Characters: Well, I technically have only ever made two original characters (one of who has only been used once so far) that I have used in RPs as of now. But in general, whether original or canon characters, I typically RP as characters that are not to be trifled with due to their strength (and in the case of the Digimon that I mentioned before, temperament), but likely have some degree of self-doubt about themselves (although for my newest original character, that may or may not apply yet due to how recent he is). In the case of the Digimon in the aforementioned crossover premise, he has a past that haunts him and is causing much more harm to him than he realizes; he also has to adjust to an environment containing creatures that are most of the time much weaker than him, but which he still must sometimes do battle with.

Strong Areas: I'd like to think that I'm good at writing the type of character that I described above. I also tend to make reasonably long posts, have great grammar, and I'm always eager to help people with their writing if they need it. I might have more specific strengths, but I honestly never really think about that kind of stuff; too many other things going on in my head at any given time.

Weak Areas: I most certainly do not do a good job at writing happy-go-lucky characters, for one. I often have a really hard time with humans; in fact, my first and so far only human character that I created is the one that I only recently made, and I'm kind of surprised that I'm writing him as well as I have so far. I can handle canon human characters more easily because their personalities and mannerisms have already been established. I also tend to need a fair few details (at least one or two major plot-related ones, and sometimes a character arc for a less major character) to be established for an RP before I can start it, otherwise I rarely know where to go after a short while. And as mentioned before, I have only worked with a select few RP premises, and I have never really done well at trying new ones. Plus I'm a grammar freak, although that's something that I keep to myself pretty much 100% of the time aside from my just now bringing it up; typically the only time that I bring that side out during RPs is if another RPer asks for my input on sentence structure and the like. Also, I'm not sure if this is a weakness for me, per se, but I've never had the easiest time doing an RP with more than one other RPer, as group RPs that I joined ended up dissolving fairly quickly; then again, on the site where I had tried doing those, the other RPers weren't exactly as into it as I was, so maybe that was just bad luck on what I picked. Hopefully I was not too self-deprecating.

Hints and Tips: I'd say that depending on how casual or serious the RP is, never be afraid to inquire about possibly establishing something to happen later on (of course, this is much easier if it's just you and one other person) in the RP; doing such a thing is probably the main reason that my current ongoing RP with a close friend has shifted to being a fanfic-in-progress that could potentially reach 400 or so pages in length by the time that it's done. And never be afraid to ask for help or input on your writing if you are unsure about something; feedback is your biggest tool to improving your skills.

Current Projects: To be honest, the only ongoing RP that I have is not even an RP any more, but a fanfic: It is the premise mentioned earlier crossing over the Digimon and Pokemon franchises, and it is probably the biggest reason that that premise is my most frequently visited one nowadays. It started as a casual RP back in July of 2013, but after a couple of chance events that either I or my co-writer threw in out of nowhere (and with no forewarning to boot) and ended up asking each other 'hey, how far could we go with this?', it eventually ended up turning into a fanfic that is still being written, although I'm thinking of turning it into a comic if I can make enough progress on learning to draw, as I think it would work much better in a visual medium than a written one. That fanfic is currently close to 160 pages long, and since many plot events have still yet to happen, I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being in the 350-400 page range whenever it is finally finished.

Future Projects: Does something even bigger than the potential 400 page fanfic/hopeful comic that only got started about a month ago count? Because that's the closest to 'future' that I've got. While this is not so much an RP as a proper RPG (when I hear RPG, I think something like D&D or the like), it might as well be worth mentioning, as it's the only other major project that I am partaking in at the moment, and it's decently close to being in this territory. Namely, I and several friends are seeking to revive an old RPG system using a universe known as Gnod, which in of itself we are kind of re-inventing after it basically vanished into nothingness some time ago. Think D&D, but entirely set in a world that is in of itself part of the afterlife, wherein all manners of dark and sometimes quirky beings and environments await.

Username: Genkai

Name: Maura

Experience: 15+ years

Favorite RPGs: I do enjoy fandoms (ex: Doctor Who, Pokemon, Fruits Basket, Dot Hack, Game of Thrones, Harry Potter, etc) as well as fantasy (not supernatural), modern fantasy, modern slice of life, light sci-fi/cyberpunk.

Characters: I write as male or female, I enjoy strong willed characters, as well as the geekish sort who are into science. I don't like to limit myself to types or anything, each role I make is for the story I'm in, I don't make anything prior to learning a plot. I also play as canons from fandoms, sometimes OCs but I don't like to these days.

Strong Areas: I write well. I'm fairly prompt in posting where I can.

Weak Areas: I'm awful with battle scenes or gore. It doesn't make me uncomfortable, I just have a hard time getting my vision to my fingertips.

Hints and Tips: If you're not having fun, it shows. Communicate often and everyone so be happy.

Current Projects: None as of yet.

Future Projects: I could move some successful RPs from my main site to here, once I get my footing. It would be a group project but I enjoy one on ones more.

Genkai is currently scourging the Friend Safari for shiny pokemon while she waits for November.

Username: Milennin

Experience: Less than a year. I've signed up for several different RPs since I started, but like half of them never even got past the sign up phase for reasons such as: not enough sign ups, taking too long to get started and people losing interest, too many reserves and too little actual sign ups, inactive GM. The others that I've been a part of that did start died after a few entries. I think only like 2 of them managed to get more than 1 page of entries before dying off... I guess I'm just bad at picking the right RPs to join. I feel this is also holding me back somewhat; it's hard gaining experience when none of the RPs I'm part of last more than a couple of entries.

Favourite RPGs: I'm mostly interested in Pokémon-based RPs, but I'm fine with other stuff too as long as the setting is not too dark/serious/grim. Not really too interested in joining other fan-based RPs, since I'm not enough into most other games/series/movies to want to RP in their worlds or with their characters.
    As far as structure goes, I like something that knows where it wants to go with its plot and doesn't spread out the players too much or gives them too much freedom as in where to go or what to do. This doesn't mean I want an RP in which everyone is very restricted, I just like there to be something to play for, rather than being a complete free-roam.

Characters: I like to put a bit of myself in my characters while still keeping them different (but I think that's pretty common with RP characters). While I don't really like using the exact same character over again, I don't play a huge variety of different personalities either; but that's something I'll be trying to work on as I get more experience with the whole RPing thing. I prefer playing a somewhat neutral aligned character that leans more to being the good guy, rather than being the bad guy. It's just that I don't like my characters to be purely good or evil. As of now I also play primarily male characters, but I intend to try out playing some female characters in future RPs some time.

Strong Areas: This is hard to say, because I'm pretty critical when it comes to my own stuff, and I don't have a whole lot of experience with RPing yet. But I guess I'm alright with coming up with characters that fit the world and story of the RP I join. Having worked on my own cartoon/comic series for years really helps when it comes down to selecting characters to play as, as I can just take one of my established characters and only change the things that need to be changed for the RP, and I'm ready to go.
    Something not directly to do with the quality of my RPing, but still really helps I think, is that I can really get into an RP I signed up for if I like the story and characters. I'll spend a lot of my free time thinking of how scenarios would play out if this or that would happen, and what I want to do for the next entry with my character, maybe plan out future character development etc.

Weak Areas: Since English isn't my main language, anything to do with writing on here will never be as great as I'd like it to be. Another weakness of mine is that I have trouble going into great detail. This ranges from my character descriptions to their actual actions in the RP itself. I like to keep stuff short and to the point, and this forces the reader to use their own imagination quite a bit when reading my entries, which isn't ideal in RPs.
    A final big weakness I've discovered is that I have trouble taking initiative when it comes to taking action in an RP. I just need some sort of guideline of where my character should be going, or what kind of thing we're trying to do during a scene because I'm afraid of messing it up if I don't know at all. But maybe this lack of confidence is still part of my inexperience with RPing in general.

Hints and Tips: Sorry, I got nothing. I'm the one who should be reading these from other people's entries.

(edited to fix some of my writing and add some more things to some of the fields)
    Last edited by Milennin; 15th October 2014 at 8:39 PM.

Username: Crash & Charm
    Name: if you want you can just call me Crash, Charm, or C & C

Experience: about a year now
    Favourite RPGs: Fantasy, anything with magic

Characters: moody and on the fringe of society, I am trying out and practicing making different types of people!
    Strong Areas: Description, understanding the point someone else is trying to make, magic

Weak Areas: Grammer, Spelling, length in that order
    Others might have this problem but I think faster than I type so I often leave out letters and words. This leads to lots of errors. I have been working on editing my word settings to catch more of these errors but nothing is infallible.

Hints and Tips:
    READ THE RULEs
    aside from that practice and keep on with it. You will get better eventually

Current Projects: Death of a World (I need people!!)

Future Projects:
    Some collaborative thing...but not really anything BIG.
    Last edited by Crash & Charm; 3rd November 2014 at 6:08 PM.

Hmmm... I'm relatively new here, so here goes.

Username: Sunglow Paladin

Experience: Since 2006, but most of that time was spent writing original fiction and fanfics.
    Favourite RPGs: Pokemon ones particularly. I'm also a big fantasy buff.

Characters: Oh let's see. I've got large ensemble casts, and I'm not very fond of recycling characters, so I always go through extensive pains to make sure each one is unique despite hitting triple digits of characters involved. Due to this, I'm practically amorphous when it comes to personality: One time I'm playing a frilly happy-go-lucky music star and the other I'm playing an utter wretch of a human being that does whatever he wants how he wants it because he thinks he can get away with it - and that's only two examples.

Strong Areas: Character creation is my calling card - and so is storywriting. I also pride myself on proper grammar and spelling. I can create a strong plot and keep it interesting as long as I have the right muse and the right direction. I'm also relatively competent when it comes to writing dialogue and action, seeing as prose is practically one of my day jobs. I'm also fair when it comes to the treatment of my own characters - seeing as I've learned how interesting storytelling works, putting them through the struggles like everybody else is what makes them likable and relatable.

Weak Areas: I get intimidated easily, especially when I have to do a big project - usually due to overextending myself in the past among various other things that I'd rather not talk about. Also, like I said above, I can keep things going interesting as long as I have the right muse and the right direction... which isn't all that common. Sometimes I procrastinate, and that's never good. But probably a big one is that I have a rough start on anything I do that I'm not comfortable with - and I mean really rough. While I can follow rules well enough, I have to have someone double check my work to make sure it's acceptable, which is a big thing around here.

Hints and Tips: If I have to say anything, here it is -
    * Do not over-extend yourself in the process of creating your own work. Trace back your steps and see where you might have gone wrong.
    * Be fair regarding your characters - nothing can turn a story into a stinker as fast as favoritism and overpowered charas. It's not fun for the other people involved.
    * Peer review is your friend - constructive criticism is medicine. I learned these the hard way.
    * Do research on anything that you're not familiar with. Do NOT just wing it.
    * Be objective - not subjective. I've found the former is much more powerful than the latter because it lets people give their own thoughts.

Current Projects: None so far. But...

Future Projects: I do have one RP planned for the Serebii forums that I'm working on as we speak - Elite Frontier: Fight to the Finish. It involves a nationals tournament taking place in the Kalos Battle Frontier (not far off the coast of Geosenge) on the Daybreak Island, with elite trainers and spectators coming from all over to see who wins the tournament for two million poke-dollars and a Victini egg that was discovered by the organizer of the tournament. That's the basic plot at least - and no, the Victini egg did not come about because of breeding. In fact, it's actually tied to the backstory of the Daybreak Island itself - which I can't reveal just yet.
    Last edited by Sunglow Paladin; 10th November 2014 at 4:03 AM.

Cause I'm fabulous~!

Username: Tangeh - on other sites I might go by Tangy, Neonz, or some combination of the two.
    Name: I'd prefer if you call me by one of the above names, but if you're curious I go by my initials irl - JP. First name Jessica, which is also my IGN for all of my pokemon games.

Experience: Since I was thirteen, I think? I started on Neopets, hilariously enough. It's a terrible place to RP, especially for beginners - very very fast paced and the community isn't very forgiving. I used to be active on TeenRPG (apparently called Swizeo now .-.) a few years ago. I've taken pretty long breaks between roleplaying though, and I've only been RPing on this site for a few months. ^^

Favourite RPGs: I love PvP, or anything where I can play the bad guy. I also like RPs where characters fill some sort of specific niche within the group. I'll join pretty much anything as long as the plot doesn't go over my head (which happens more often than not lol). Generally speaking I mostly join Pokemon and Gifted Teen RPs nowadays.

Characters: I haven't done much of it on these forums at all yet, but as mentioned above I really do love playing evil characters and getting into their minds to find their motivations and develop their characters. I like playing a wide variety of characters, and typically I'll wait for a few people to post their SU first and then I'll develop a personality based on what I think the character pool is missing. Most of my characters on here have been kind of withdrawn, which is funny because I actually have little experience with those types of personalities - it's good practice, I guess! I love playing sassy / strong females. Rarity from MLP is my absolute favourite character to write, although I've never RPed her. ^^ I rarely if ever recycle characters, as I usually tailor them with careful thought relating to the plot, their niche in the group, and their relationship with other characters.

Strong Areas: Spelling / grammar. My mother is a self-proclaimed grammar nazi. I learned from the best. >_> I'm also pretty good at staying in character and writing dialogue. I tend to add humour a LOT when I write, even though I rarely write in comedic genres on purpose. xD It just makes everything more fun for me ~

Weak Areas: I don't feel like I'm very good at adding good, poetic description. I also don't like reading good poetic description, so that's fine with me. I have been working a lot on showing vs. telling in the last two years and I've really improved because of that, but it's still a weak point and something I need to consciously think about when I'm writing.

Hints and Tips: A common mistake I've seen a few people doing is RPing with themselves - interact with others! That's what RPs are for, after all! I also really discourage forging any sort of relationship between your own characters, especially romantic relationships. If it's parents / child that's fine, and if it's pokemon / trainer that's fine... but otherwise I'd discourage your characters even being friends with each other because that just tempts you to RP with yourself and not be as involved with the RP itself. I'd also encourage others to try out different types of characters and expand your abilities, rather than just sticking to one type of character or only RPing characters similar to yourself (which honestly I don't find very fun xD). And if you want to make something happen in an RP, don't sit around waiting for somebody else to do it for you - make it happen!

Happy Holidays! (...what do you mean it's too early? D: )
    *I'll be waiting until the 25th for ORAS / SSB4 due to midterms ;______;
    FC: 1048 - 8845 - 0258
    ~ ~ ~
    [719/719]
    NATIONAL DEX COMPLETED! - Thanks to all who helped!
    -06/17/2014-

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456