Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: If You Were In Charge *Possible Spoilers*

Default If You Were In Charge *Possible Spoilers*

If you wrote the Pokemon anime how would you have done it? What would you change?

I would have completely changed Kanto and Johto to be more like Hoeen and Sinnoh. Even though they didn't have contests back then I would have had the lead female of Kanto and Johto do something like that rather than having Misty tag along. The "breeder/caretaker" would have been some anime-only character like Tracey rather than Brock.

Jessie and James would be kept.

Gary would have appeared more in Kanto and would have been defeated in the Kanto League, Silver would have replaced him in Johto.

Ash would challange the Elite 4 and defeat them and decide that he wants to defeat the champion of every region, that is his goal and way of become "the best trainer"

An actual Team Rocket arc in Kanto and Johto.

The gym battles would be more like the Hoeen/Sinnoh gyms. The Kanto team would have left before Johto ever started

Ash wouldn't have released anything, just Oak'd them.

The teams would be emprovised

Kanto:
    Ash: Pikachu, Ivysaur, Squirtle, Pidgeot, Snorlax, Charizard(I would have given him all 3 starters from Kanto just because its his homeland. Snorlax would have been caught earlier)

The lead female and breeder would be entirely different from Misty and Brock's obviously. They would have been composed of random pokemon like Cubone and would have gotten some of the pokemon that Ash/Misty/Brock got in the actual series instead of them like Butterfree, Vulpix and Psyduck.

Johto:
    Ash: Pikachu, Feraligatr, Bayleef, Magby, Noctowl, Donphan
    Marina: Typhlosion, etc.

So what would you guys do?

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

For me, I would've added Contests in Kanto and Johto, and had the female leads do the contests as you wished.

About the League Tournaments, they're just fine, and I won't have changed much apart from Hoenn.

I would've added Silver in Johto, and had Ash beat him.

As for the teams, I would've let Ah had all the starters in Kanto, but only Totodile in Johto.

I also would've had berries and poke'blocks play a more important role.

Also I would feature a proper TR arc after the Sinnoh League when Ash returned to Kanto, and I'd also add Team Snagem for Seivii.

I Would Do Basically the same as you.

Teams

Ash: Until They Go To That Pikachu village Place and The Pikachu Stays Behind. and then He Gers

Would Actually Obey Him.
    Refuses To Evolve In The Festival Episode But Then Evolves Against Giovanni.
    Evolves Agaisnt Blaine

I Will Do More Later

Gary and Ash in one team, More like the game

A Female Contest and a Breeder for love interest, A Rival

All Three get different starters and Yeah like the games, In a way

Kanto, Johto, Sevii, Hoenn, Battle Frontier, Sinnoh, The other places

Gary's Team
    Blastoise
    Fearow
    Parasect
    Gyarados
    Eevee (Which he keeps, Evolves to Umbreon)
    Arcanine

Satoshi's
    Charizard
    Pidgeot
    Venomoth
    Lapras
    Rapidash
    Eevee (Espeon)

Yeah change their personalities, Well just Ash's
    Last edited by treespyro; 2nd January 2009 at 11:32 AM.
    [img]http://i43.*******.com/21exeg2.png[/img]

Credit to zhanton for Banner
    FC (Blaze): 4082-6986-3403

As first, there will be sometimes a female protagonist(blue from Manga) who will easly loose to Ash in the league.
    Then, in the Johto, I will NOT evolove his Chikorita, gave Misty to became Gym Leader and let Marina join them.
    In Hoenn, I have nothing to change same as Kanto BF.
    In Sinnoh, Dawn will keep her Piplup out of Pokeball and there would be no arogant Buizels around.
    Last edited by milenadrg; 2nd January 2009 at 2:26 PM. Reason: Wrote wrong something

Lol... I wouldn't change it much but i'll just give a few thing's i'd change, some might be repeats though.
    *I would make Ash actually care about his pokemon and not Oak them each season..
    *Jessie and James will be better at stealing stuff.
    *Added more uses of Berries, items and poffins/pokeblocks.
    *Pikachu, will stay at the same level each season, and not always stealing the limelight :|
    [IMG]http://i35.*******.com/20szpsl.png[/IMG]
    A single death is a tragedy,
    a million deaths is a statistic.

Harvest Moon Club & The Sims Club

Kanto:Id have Ash and Gary travel togther,Gary is sort of like a Watcher,But does also do Gyms.

Ash:
    Charmelon
    Ivysaur
    Magnmite
    Wartortle
    Pidgeot
    Eevee

Gary:
    Arcanine
    Golem
    Nidoking
    Lapras
    Venomoth
    ???(Unknow 2nd gen)

Johto:Ash leaves Gary,Travels with Marnia.Pallet shipping is hinted more.
    Ash:
    Meganuim
    Espeon
    Shiny Wooper
    Blastiose/Venosaur/Charizard
    Croconaw
    ?????(3rd gen)

Marina:
    Togetic
    Flareon
    Typlison
    Butterfree
    Noctowl
    ?????(Wild card,Something ugly like Nidoqueen)

Hmm...interesting thread.Well if i was in charge,huh where to start?Anyway Kanto and Orange for most part i would leave as it was.Those regions were fine and aside from few minor changes i wouldnt touch anything in them.

During Johto i would definitely give more screentime to Misty and Brock having more episodes focusing on them connected with advancing their goals.In Ashs case,his Johto team would be developed little better having more evolutions,unpredictable captures and balanced screentime for all of them.Not to mention,his rivals would be handled much better than they were,like Gary for example appearing much more during Johto.
    Aside from this changes i would probably cut down a little fillers aswell,having more arcs during this region.

Now when it comes to Hoenn,there are three scenarios-The first one involves original thrio being kept with May joining them as fourth character introducing contests.Max wouldnt join the group.That way with Ash having the usual gym battles,May pokemon contests,Misty would be advancing her goal through pokemon competitions similar to Whirl Cup.In Brocks case i would focus more on his being pokemon breeder goal giving more episodes focusing on him,instead of keeping him in background.

The other scenario is Brock leaving for Hoenn and Battle Frointer,having group of Ash,Misty and May(yes one boy and two girls for a change).

The third scenario is having original thrio during this two regions again without adding May.
    Still not sure which of this options i would choose.

For DP there wouldnt be many changes except that group would be consisted of original thrio along with Jun or Dawn joining as fourth character.
    Last edited by pokemon fan 132; 2nd January 2009 at 2:54 PM.

I would have kept things the same way, but this mostly concerns Kanto and Johto:

1. I would have made more of an effort to have Brock and Misty be at the forefront, and have more episodes focusing on them and having them advancing their goals, Brock being more of a breeder and Misty catching and utilizing more of his Pokemon. Making Brock have at least a steady girlfriend would also be my priority. Togepi would have been chucked back at Cerulean Gym or Oak's Lab. Also, I would have Jimmy and Marina ( Anime's equivalent to Gold and Kris for the games) make more appearences, maybe even traveling with the group at certain points. Also have Silver make an appearence to be Ash's Rival for Johto.

2. This more or less goes with my first one, but I would have made Jimmy and Marina ( Silver as well) Be the main characters of the Johto Saga, since that is their region. Ash and friends would still be in it, just that they would be the ones making cameo appearences.

3. Make Jessie, James, and Meowth realize that spending all this time catching Pikachu and other Pokemon is a complete waste, and join the good guys and become trainers.

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

I would make many changes to Ash's team each region...

Kanto

Pikachu
    Charizard
    Bulbasaur
    Squirtle/Kingler -- Rotation
    Pidgeot
    Marowak/Muk -- Rotation

Orange Islands

Pikachu
    Charizard
    Ivysaur
    Squirtle/Lapras -- Rotation
    Pidgeot
    Snorlax/Marowak -- Rotation

Johto

Pikachu
    Feraligatr
    Bayleef
    Quilava
    Noctowl
    Aipom/Heracross/Donphan -- Rotation

Hoenn

Pikachu
    Sceptile
    Corphish
    Numel
    Swellow
    Glalie/Mawile -- Rotation

Battle Frontier

Pikachu
    Ivysaur/Bayleef/Sceptile -- Rotation
    Charizard/Quilava/Camerupt -- Rotation
    Squirtle/Feraligatr/Corphish/Kingler/Lapras -- Rotation
    Noctowl/Swellow -- Rotation
    Marowak/Muk/Snorlax/Aipom/Heracross/Donphan/Glalie/Mawile -- Rotation

Sinnoh

Pikachu
    Infernape
    Grotle
    Floatzel
    Staraptor
    Ambipom/Gliscor -- Rotation
    Last edited by ShinyCharyZard; 2nd January 2009 at 4:02 PM.

I would have just punched up every episode to make each one more character-driven, thus making even the filler episodes more fun to watch. I also had the idea to make Pokémon's thoughts audible, so that they could communicate better and have more clearly-developed personalities, but Houen proved that could happen without dialogue.

My DeviantArt

Those Aren't Donuts
    A blog dedicated to all things Pokémon
    ...as long as those things are Japanese.

A for me I want Ash's team this way

Kanto

Pikachu
    Charizard
    Venusaur
    Blastoise
    Pidgeot
    Dugtrio

Orange Islands

Same as kanto but Dugtrio changed with Snorlax
    Snorlax

Johto

Pikachu
    Feraligatr
    Meganium
    Typhlosion
    Noctowl
    Donphan

Hoenn

Pikachu
    Sceptile
    Swarmpert
    Blaziken
    Swellow
    Hariyama

Sinnoh

Pikachu
    Infernape
    Torterra
    Empoleon
    Staraptor
    Hippowdon
    Eevo Light
    Vapor Acid /\ Flare Burst /\ Jolt Shock
    ESP Power /\ Umbra Ray /\ Leaf Hurricane /\Glace Beam
    Sylva Dust

Default Also...

If I was in charge, here is what I would put on the DVD releases for each Box Set:

1. Episode-by-Episode Comparisons ( Not all of them, by just a select few, showing originally what was in the Japanese Version, and what was hanged for the american version. Ths can include changing signs so they read english, dialogue that was changed, etc...

2. Recording Sessions-See the Voice Actors at Work! ( You see various clips or shots of the voice actors recording their lines for a particular episode, hopefully which will includes them messing up lines, or making the atmosphere fun while talking in their character voices)

3. Maddie Blaustein Memorial ( I don't know what I would do, but any suggestions would be nice)

4. Cast Interviews ( With the Voice Actors on how working on Pokemon was fun, what was the most enjoyable experience, What is/was their favorite character to portray)

And, a seperate DVD that contains all the banned episodes, with at least a commentary on why was it banned specifically ( Well, the Porygon and Whishcash/Barbroach Episodes might be a problem). Also, that Pokebeach Interview could be included as well. Would answer everybody's quesions about such things as the GS Ball, why was Tracey added...

Lost my Platinum, so that's not good. On the other hand, I have heartgold and my FC is:

Jimmy

5070 6163 8015

If I was in charge Brock will leave because he is not needed.
    instead of him I will bring a totally new third character with a different goal (like tracey)

I would make Jessie and James kill Ash, Pikachu, Dawn and Brock with a bomb. Then Giovanni would take over the world and Team Rocket would rule to the end of time.

That would stop this silly anime that haven't had much of a change for more than 10 years. I demand a change! The anime isn't fun anymore!
    Please don't fight within the Pokémon franchise.

70% of the Serebii population uses ultra powerful legendaries (also known as ubers) in their teams.
    If you are one of the 30% that thinks outside the box
    and doesn't use ubers, copy and paste this into your signature! (^started by SapphireL!)

Let's see:
    - Make Dawn lose every contest she enters, and later turns herself to the dark side for more power
    - Make Jigglypuff appear in a couple of Sinnoh episodes
    - Add a dark and serious villain in the Sinnoh saga who has interest in Dawn's pokemon
    - Create a Mewtwo vs. Lucario special
    - Make Team Rocket not appear in every single episode

- Make Pidgeotto be used more
    - Make Pidgeot return for a special episode
    - Make Buizel not used in every single gym battle
    - Get rid of contests (I hate them)
    - Make Pikachu sick and not appear for just a few episodes
    - Butterfree returns for a special episode
    ...yeah

What you love of mine is always yours.
    Animated by me.
    Wife ~ Daughter ~ Pair ~ Twin ~ Claim

Ugobama is offline I am Currently Awaiting Email Confirmation

Ash would have kept Haunter.

Ash would have came back for Pidgeot.

Once Butterfree's family grew up, he would have rejoined Ash, at least for a little while.

Ash would have had a Vigoroth in Hoenn.

Ash wuld have got to see Primape again and he's rejoin Ash for at least a little while.

Ash would have tagged along with the female in the games, not Mysty.

The hero in the RSE series makes an appearance in the anime, not just another cameo.

There would have been an anime counterpart to Yellow.

-make pikachu evolve way back in hoenn
    -croconaw, quilava, and meganium
    -misty, may, and max would make more cameos
    -brock would leave
    -dawns team would have been more versatile
    -team rocket would have given up in the johto region
    -ash would have battled the elite four, not go through a whole pointless tournament
    i give up.
    goodbye.

The only thing I would do is make the fillers better. I would keep everything else the same because it has made me money and that's what it's all about.
    Naomi Tamura- Ready Go! (Pokémon)

Susume! Susume! Kimi to nana iro no niji koete Onward! Onward! Cross the 7 colors of the rainbow with me.
    Ready go! Motto touku! Ready go! Even farther!
    Kumo wo tsuki nuke sora e ta Go through the clouds to the sky!

General:
    Less fillers and the cast would be older. Instead of being 10 years, starting trainers would have to be 14 and everyone would age properly during the show.

Kanto:
    Brock and Misty wouldn't have travelled with Ash. Instead two original characters would have, each with their own background story and a mini-story arc and own reasons for wanting to travel with Ash (Brock and Misty have their own reason, too, but apart from mentioning is every now and then, we never got to see much of it). Gym leaders would get their own little story and Ash would actually defeat them in battle to get his badges. Bill would become a returning character, meeting the group during fieldwork and occasionally travelling with them for a few episodes. Team Rocket, as an organisation, would be heard of more often. Jessie, James and Meowth would stay for comical relief. Gary would have been seen more, as would his Pokémon, but there would be no battle between Gary and Ash; Both will be defeated in the League before they have had the opportunity to fight one another.

Pokémon used by Ash
    - Pikachu
    - Charmander/ Charmeleon/ Charizard (evolved during the Orange arc)
    - Squirtle
    - Bulbasaur/ Ivysaur
    - Pidgeotto/ Pidgeot
    - Eevee
    - Snorlax
    - Muk
    - Tauros (I wouldn't have banned the episode in which they were caught)
    - Muk
    - Lapras

When Ash would go to Jotho, all Pokémon would be send to Oak but Pikachu and Eevee who stay with him the whole time. Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle would still get their respective plots only before Ash went to Jotho.

Jotho
    Second generation characters like Gold, Silver and Crystal (possibly with other names) would make random appearances. Gold as a friendly rival, Silver as an opposite to Ash's personality, and Crystal as a Pokémon ranger in training. Characters from Kanto like Bill and Gary would return, both fulfilling their respective roles from the previous season. Team Rocket would make a return with their own story arc. Ash
    During this season Ash would finally begin noticing girls.

Pokémon used by Ash
    - Pikachu
    - Eevee/ Espeon
    - Noctowl
    - Heracross
    - Chicoritha/ Bayleef
    - Magby/ Magmar
    - Wooper/ Quagsire

All but Pikachu would be Oaked at the end of the season

Hoenn
    During this arc the interests of Ash's traveling companions begin to diverse and the group splits up, each following their own path. They would return, but only stay for a few episodes. Ash would meet Brandon, a more experienced trainer, and May, a rookie trainer. May would be travelling with Ash the whole time and would participate in Pokémon contests. Their relationship would be a mixture between friends and master-apprentice. Both would be attracted to one another but are uncomfortable with it being also master-apprentice. Brandon would also feel something for May, which tuns Ash into his rival in both love and Pokémon.
    During the Grand Festival and the League, May would begin to doubt who she likes more: Ash or Brandon. At the end of the League, during which Ash defeats Brandon, May would decide to leave Ash in order for her to "work out her feelings".
    Throughout the arc Teams Aqua and Magma would be more prominent and their presence would have a more visual influence on Hoenn society; different factions who sympathise with one of the teams. The revival of, and battle between Groundan and Kyogre would last longer and the role of these Pokémon would be explained in greater detail.
    Latias and Latios would be seen throughout the entire arc, but always having a certain mystery surrounding them; making it unsure where their loyalties lie until they help Ash to calm Groundan and Kyogre and finish of Teams Aqua and Magma.

Pokémon used by Ash
    - Pikachu
    - Mudkip/ Marchtomp
    - Tropius
    - Numberl
    - Tailow/ Swellow
    - Corfish
    - Slakoth/ Vigatoth

As I have only seen a few Battle Frontier episodes and Sinnoh is still running, I'll wait before making changes. I'll add them when I feel I know enough.
    Nevyn's collection of dragon eggs

Kanto:

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Charizard
    Ivysaur
    Squirtle
    Pidgeot
    Snorlax

Fire Red Leaf Green/Manga girl(coordinator):
    Clefairy(What was originally going to be Ash's starter)
    Butterfree(The one Ash had in the real anime)
    Psyduck(Misty's)
    Vulpix(Brock's)
    Togepi(Misty's..actually does stuff)

Breeder male(Brock's personality):
    Cubone
    Golbat(Brock's)
    Slowpoke
    Ditto

GaryAppears often)
    Blastoise
    Alakazam
    Arcanine
    Exeggcutor
    Electabuzz
    Eevee

Richie(Appears often):
    Pikachu
    Venusaur
    Fearow
    Golduck
    Kangaskan
    Rapidash
    Last edited by thunderblade12; 3rd January 2009 at 4:37 AM.

If you think the Sinnoh saga has been the best saga of the whole show, copy and paste this into your signature! (started by FlameRose)

I would've made it so that Brock and Misty wouldn't have traveled with Ash. For Kanto I'd have Ash go solo.

In the Orange Islands Tracy would come in, with no other changes.

In Johto Tracy stays with Ash. They meet Gold and Cyrstal Throughout Johto the episode would change point of views. Some would be Ash/Tracy, others would be Gold or Crystal. This would help cut down fillers. I would also get rid any completely unnecessary fillers.

In in Hoenn I would keep it mostly the same. Tracy would go home and Max would be made a little more productive to replace him.(He gets a baby Mudkip) Ash and May's Journeys would be left untouched.

In the Battle Frontier I'd have Tracy come back for a little while till the saga's end. Rest is the same.

Sinnoh would just be Ash and Dawn. No third character. Lucas would be a common recurring character. I'd get rid of Kenny and just have Nando appear more. Jun would appear earlier. Zoey and Paul stay untouched.

Well that's how I would run things, mostly the same.
    Last edited by ShinyVaati; 3rd January 2009 at 5:35 AM.
    3DS Friend Code: 3609-1148-9481

RIP Original Y save file. Never using PokeBank again.

If I was writing the show:

*Include female trainers who are tough battlers/trainers instead of slotting them off as coordinators.
    *Have Ash rotate pokemon, i mean why catch it and raise it well only to oak them?
    *Have everyone catch more pokemon, they never catch much per region.
    *More face offs with villans other than jesse/james/meowth. How about the rest of team rocket?
    *Have may catch something in johto.
    *How about actually facing the E4?

That's a start.

Johto:

Ash:
    Pikachu
    Totodile->Feraligatr
    Chicorita->Bayleef
    Magby
    Hoothoot->Noctowl
    Phanphy->Donphan

Marina(Coordinator, female lead):
    Cyndaquil->Quilava
    Pichu
    Marill
    Ledyba->Ledian
    Snubble

Breeder:
    Golbat->Crobat
    Slowpoke->Slowking
    Chansey->Blissey
    Shuckle

Fire Red Leaf Green girl(cameo):
    Clefairy
    Butterfree
    Psyduck
    Vulpix
    Togetic
    Politoed(Caught as a Poliwag in Sevii Isles)

Gary:
    Blastoise
    Eevee->Umbreon
    Scyther->Scissor
    Houndour->Houndoom
    Xatu
    Tyranitar

Jimmy(rival for both Ash and Marina):
    Typhlosion
    Poliwhirl->Politoed
    Steelix
    Sunflora
    Tyrouge-Hitmontop
    Mareep->Ampharous

Silver(Ash's rival only):
    Maganium
    Elekid
    Kingdra
    Espeon
    Skarmory
    Ursaring

Jessie:
    Dunsparce(Replaces Arbok)
    Smoochum
    Gloom->Bellosom

James:
    Wobuffett(non-contesty so it could go to James)
    Pineco

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast